[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

2 hours ago, EvieRain said:

Can someone explain why Sooah and Seolah Are called the Beagle Sisters? Is it a pun/play on their names? Based on their personalities? Is it a completely random nickname? Who gave them the nickname?

I have no idea why, but my guess is, like beagle puppies, those two are full of so much energy, and mischief, that they resemble that particular breed of playful pups. I do know this: I especially look forward to their antics and really wish that they'd show more of them on the show. That entire brood could get it's own show and there would be no end of fun in sight. There is something to be offered by their bemused dad and each of the three age groups. While it's hard to resist Daebak, as he is such a clever, and quick learning child (the youngest always has the easiest road anyway, as they have the greatest number of teachers to learn from), the beagle sisters fill the hole left in my heart due to the loss of Haru and Jion, and I look forward to seeing them in each coming week...:D

• Like 2

Professor Daehan immediately corrected the story line once he got out from the bed, he said: “No, it's the long armed squid. The sound from the wrecked shop is coming from the long armed squid." in replying to Minguk's story of "There is a ghostly sound coming from the wrecked ship." 

fci4izp.jpg

I think Minguk and Daehan are talking about the story lines in cartoon series "Octonauts" which they seem to watch it often and I guess this is the reason Daehan likes so much (and knows so much) about sea creatures.

• Like 4

Song Triplets Become Little Boxers for Fans in Thailand

12308684_1657402977841658_34614694915272

On the December 6 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “The Return of Superman,” the Song triplets, Daehan, Minguk, and Manse, become little boxers.

Actor Song Il Gook brings out a mysterious box and opens it up for the the boys, saying, “This is from a fan in Thailand.”

12316570_1657402997841656_18549447192624

Inside the box, there are boxing shorts and gloves for the boys. Song Il Gook takes the triplets’ clothes off and puts the boxing shorts on them.

Song Il Gook tells the triplets, “This is it,” since they look puzzled wondering if there is more clothing, but soon the triplets are seen throwing punches at their dad.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/06/song-triplets-become-little-boxers-for-fans-in-thailand/

• Like 7

Like Father, Like Son: Daebak May Have a Future in Soccer Like His Dad

daebak 4

Daebak proved nothing’s thicker than blood as he hinted possibilities of becoming a soccer player.

KBS 2TV’s “The Return of Superman” aired the “The Present of Patience” episode on December 6.

During the episode, Daebak holds his first birthday party. The highlight of the day is the doljabi, an event in which the baby grabs an item among a variety of objects. Tradition says the selected item is an indicator of what he or she will be like in the future.

During a practice for his doljabi, several objects are lined in front of Daebak, from soccer balls to baseballs and basket balls. He climbs towards the soccer ball, causing Lee Dong Gook to clap and shout in excitement.

“He has my blood,” Lee Dong Gook says. “Maybe it’s the blood of soccer? I don’t know how you decided to go the soccer ball without any hesitance.”

daebak 2

Not only does Daebak contiue to grab the soccer ball in another round of practice, but also he grabs it during the actual event as well.

“On the actual day of the doljabi, I was more surprised than excited that he continued to pick the soccer ball,” Lee Dong Gook says. “I plan to play soccer with him from an early age, and it seems he is already comfortable with the ball.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/06/like-father-like-son-daebak-may-have-a-future-in-soccer-like-his-dad/

• Like 8

On 12/6/2015 at 2:10 AM, Miree said:

I can’t express how much I love the relationship between the triplets. They care about each other very deeply despite their age and today’s episode only emphasised that fact. The moments @adelinetew posted and this one were my favourite.

Minguk making sure that Manse wasn’t left behind

Am I the only one who was shocked by how lean the triplets are right now? They’ve lost almost all of their baby fat (even Minguk haha) and they’ve become so tall. They are growing up so well. 

Very well said @Miree

I am always amazed by how the boys showed their love with each other. They'd always made sure that the others are perfectly fine.

The scenes where Minguk grab Manse's hand is really heart warming...  smileys-play-905764.gif

1813912142_159007a5.gif

12299370_1657675624481060_34906778993412

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Chellsee said:

I am always amazed by how the boys showed their love with each other. They'd always made sure that the others are perfectly fine.

The scenes where Minguk grab Manse's hand is really heart warming...  smileys-play-905764.gif

I agree! What touched me most about this scene was that not long before going through the water spray tunnel it was Minguk who was almost giving up, whining/crying even. I loved that SIK didn't run to him to assuage him but yelled supporting words that made him get back up. It was also smart of him to distract them from the fatigue by involving the noonas who were just as tired as they were. It was such an effective way for all of them to get through the long day. When Minguk held Manse's hand that was it! I wanted to give them the medal right there and then. :wub:

• Like 9

PD Addresses Reports of Song Il Gook and Triplets Leaving “The Return of Superman”

daehan-mingook-manse.png

Reports surfaced on December 9 that actor Song Il Gook and his triplets,Song Daehan, Minguk, and Manse will be leaving KBS2‘s “The Return of Superman.”

An insider spoke to reporters, saying that, “Song Il Gook and the triplets will be leaving ‘The Return of Superman.’ They have already finished recording for their final episode.”

However, the PD of the show was quick to refute the rumors. Shortly after the reports were released, KBS2 quickly released a statement saying that the actor and the triplets had not yet participated in their final filming, and that they are still filming for the show.

“There will be a day when they will leave. But, we have yet to discuss them leaving the show.”

The triplets joined the show in July 2014, and have received a lot of love and popularity through their appearance in “The Return of Superman.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/09/pd-addresses-reports-of-song-il-gook-and-triplets-leaving-the-return-of-superman/

• Like 5

Please tell me that this is not true... that this is not happening soon, pleaseeee! :dissapointed_relieved::bawling:

Goodbye Daehan, Minguk, and Mansae!

The day which "Superman Returns" viewers fear to come will soon arrive. It's time to prepare ourselves to say goodbye to Song Il Kook and his adorable triplets Daehan, Minguk, and Mansae.

After so many considerations, Song Il Kook has decided to finally bid farewell to "Superman Returns" along with his much loved triplets; Daehan, Minguk and Mansae.

20141024_1414132749_07738600_1.jpg

Multiple broadcast officials tell TV Report today, "Superman Returns' Song Il Kook and this triplets are departing the show. The last shooting has already completed." Since July last year on their first appearance, the much loved triplets have received enormous popularity because of their adorable individual charms.

Not only the kids but Song Il Kook as a father also captures viewers with his sincere and warm relationship with his sons. Though there were already talks about the forthcoming departure due to the drama schedules of the actor, certain conditions were considered to at least prolong their appearance.

However, since it would be very difficult adjust the hectic schedule and taking care of the kids during broadcast, it has been decided that the beloved family are withdrawing from the show. It's going to be a very sad farewell but let's cheer on them. Meanwhile, the last episode of Song Il Kook with the triplets is  expected to air in January next year.

20141224_1419428268_43982400_1.jpg

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2015/12/goodbye-daehan-minguk-and-mansae.html

• Like 8

sad..sad..  but  it  is  a  fact  that  the  triplets  will  really  leave one  day  and  that  day  is  finally  approaching.  song  il  kook  and  his  wife  are  wise  parents,  they  know  that  it  is  the  best  for  their  sons to  grow  up  in  privacy  and  in a normal  environment .  song  il  kook  is  primarily  an  actor and  it  was a  huge  favor  on  his  part  to allow  his  sons  to  appear  on  a  tv  show  which  has  given  us  fans  all over  the  world  extreme  enjoyment.  and  we  are  happy  to  note  that  while  they  have  been  exposed  on tv,  they  grew  up so  normal,  no brattiness  and  feeling  of  being  special  above  all  other  kids.  give  that  credit  to  song  il kook  and  his  wife.  they ve  raised  their  sons  very  well  up  to  this  point.  give  credit also  to  the  wife  for  maintaining  her stance  of  not  being  seduced  to  bask  in  the  limelight  due  to  the  popularity  of her sons.  she  has  been  consistent  in  not  giving  in  interviews(very much  like  the  wife of daebak's  mom)  which  cannot  be  said  about  other  moms.  remember  there  werre  even  complaints  then  of  haru's  mom  's  often  appearances  on  the  show.

• Like 3

Ki Tae Young and Baek Do Bin Respond to Rumors of Casting Offers From “The Return of Superman”

Ki Tae Young and Baek Do Bin Respond to Rumors of Casting Offers From “The Return of Superman”

Representatives of celebrity dads Ki Tae Young and Baek Do Bin have responded to reports that the actors have received offers to appear on KBS‘s “The Return of Superman” with their children.

A news outlet recently reported that the crew of “The Return of Superman” has met with Ki Tae Young and his wife, S.E.S‘s Eugene, as well as Baek Do Bin and his wife, actress Jung Si Ah.

Ki Tae Young and Eugene welcomed their adorable baby daughter Ro Hee to the world back in April of this year. It seems natural that viewers would want to see the family on “The Return of Superman,” but Ki Tae Young’s reps denied reports on December 9 that the star has any concrete plans to appear on the show.

His agency tells TV Daily, “The production crew of ‘The Return of Superman’ has met Ki Tae Young’s daughter, but their appearance is not confirmed. Ki Tae Young himself was not present at the meeting.”

They go on to state that Ki Tae Young personally met with the crew of “The Return of Superman” four to five months ago, but that there were no further developments after that.

Meanwhile, netizens have been calling for Baek Seo Woo, the daughter of actress Jung Si Ah and actor Baek Do Bin, to become a regular fixture on the show. She appeared on a recent episode when she and her mother visited Lee Hwi Jae and his twins. Baek Do Bin and Jung Si Ah also have a son, Baek Joon Woo.

Baek Do Bin’s reps have also responded to the recent reports that he will be appearing on the show with his children. They state, “There have not been any meetings about officially joining the show. The only meeting with the production team occurred during [Baek Seo Woo's] appearance as a guest in Lee Hwi Jae’s section.”

They clarify, “There have been no discussions about joining ‘The Return of Superman’ with the show’s production team.”

In related news, on December 9, “The Return of Superman” denied reports that Song Il Gook and his beloved triplets currently have any plans to leave the show.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/09/ki-tae-young-and-baek-do-bin-respond-to-rumors-of-casting-offers-from-the-return-of-superman/

• Like 4

Top 10 Cutest Moments of Daehan, Minguk & Manse!

No matter how much we love the adorable triplets from The Return Of Superman, we have to accept the fact that the boys are growing up and will definitely leave the show one day.

With news and rumors mentioning their departure next year, fans showed their concern and worry towards the rating of the show with the departure of Daehan, Minguk and Manse who have been their all-time favorite.

No doubt there's a need for DKP to dedicate a post to the adorable triplets for all the happiness they brought to all viewers which include myself, here are some amazing moments selected by me, feel free to share more pics with us!

10. Bike ride with Appa

7b66cba6c1466f557bb401c081a4f51e.jpg

9.Triplets Hanbok style

73daehanmingukmanse922.jpg

8. Triplets love swimming

c0219924128bb038828ec3cfb0d0357d.jpg

7. Skiing mode on

CAOGGW1UQAI3trh.jpg

6. Baby triplets

daehan-minguk-manse-infants.png

5. Superheroes?

daehanmingukmanse.png

4. Ahjumma style

Screenshot_2015-02-11-06-29-22-1.png

3. Little mermaids????

song-il-kook_1432344275_af_org.jpg

2. We have got 3 reindeers in the house!

tumblr_static_2ytxesz00zs4gowwgkcwk00kc.

1. Last but not least, thanks appa Song Il Kook, please continue to raise them well!!

song-il-gook-and-triplets.jpg

Tears flowing already, thanks for all the wonderful moments, from the bottom of my heart!!

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2015/12/top-10-cutest-moments-of-daehan-minguk.html

• Like 9

'Superman' confirms Eugene - Ki Tae Young's family as new cast

20120215_eugene_kitaeyoung-horz.jpg

It has been confirmed today that former S.E.S member Eugene with her husband actor Ki Tae Young are the newest addition to "Superman Returns".

According to the program's representative on 10th, "Eugene and Ki Tae Young couple filmed their first episode yesterday (December 9). They are the successors of Uhm Tae Wong-Ji On who left the show in November."

The official also addresses that the addition of the new family has nothing to do with Song Ilgook's rumor of leaving the show soon. Meanwhile, the broadcast of Eugene and Ki Tae Young's first episode is not yet decided but anticipate their family with the couple's adorable baby daughter RoHee.

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2015/12/superman-confirms-eugene-ki-tae-youngs.html

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ki Tae Young and Eugene Are the Newest Couple to Join “The Return of Superman”

Ki Tae Young and Eugene Are the Newest Couple to Join “The Return of Superman”

Actors Ki Tae Young and Eugene will be joining KBS 2TV’s “The Return of Superman” to give viewers a glimpse into their happy life.

According to a media insider on December 10, Ki Tae Young participated in his first “The Return of Superman” filming on December 9. Fans are eager to see them on the show because unlike the past couples, both Ki Tae Young and Eugene are well known actors.

Meanwhile, Eugene gave birth to a healthy baby girl last April.

With the addition of Ki Tae Young and Eugene, “The Return of Superman” will be going through major changes. Rumors of Song Il Kook and Choo Sung Hoon leaving the show have recently surfaced, though Producer Kang Bong Kyu told Osen that nothing has been confirmed yet.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/09/ki-tae-young-and-eugene-are-the-newest-couple-to-join-the-return-of-superman/

~~~~~~~~~

Ki Tae-young and Eugene to appear on ‘The Return of Superman’

Celebrity couple actor Ki Tae-young and singer-turned-actress Eugene and their baby daughter Ro-hee will appear on the popular child-rearing variety show “The Return of Superman,” local news reported on Thursday. 

The two welcomed a baby daughter in April last year. The TV show will be the first time for the baby to appear in public. 

The new Ki family’s appearance is expected to change the dynamic of the popular program, where celebrity dads are left to take care of their kids alone for two days without the help of their wives. 

There have been reports that the long-time cast members, actor Song Il Kook and his triplets and Korean-Japanese fighter Choo Sung-hoon and his daughter Choo Sa-rang, will exit the program. However, producer Kang Bong-kyu refuted the report and said no definite decisions had been made. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201512101439439081245_2

• Like 5