Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ Our Sky is Back ♥ Upcoming Drama: When Camellia Blooms

8f0575c24ba54a909143a7a626a04ea4.jpeg?s=

Watch: Kang Ha Neul Discharged From Military; Names The Girl Groups Who Kept Him Going During His Service

Kang Ha Neul is officially back from the military!

On May 23, after successfully completing his mandatory military service and being discharged from the Gyeryongdae Service Support Corps in Daejeon, the actor greeted both fans and reporters as a civilian.

Expressed his surprise at the crowd who had gathered to see him, a visibly flustered Kang Ha Neul couldn’t stop giggling as he remarked, “This is my first time being discharged, so I don’t know what to say. I’m grateful that so many people have come to see me.” He added, “I’m embarrassed, but I’m also happy.”

When asked about his experience in the military, Kang Ha Neul commented, “I really learned a lot, and it was a very happy time for me. Lots of things happened, and I studied a lot and read a lot of books. I think it was a really meaningful two years.”

He added, “Thank you so much to everyone who waited for me.”

In response to a question about the very first things he wanted to do after leaving the military, Kang Ha Neul replied, “What I haven’t been able to do yet is call my parents.” As for what he wanted to eat most at the moment, he revealed, “I’d like to buy a cold can of beer and drink it at home.”

A reporter went on to ask Kang Ha Neul about which girl groups gave him the most strength during his time in the service. The actor responded with a laugh, “All of them. I really like all of them. But this morning, I saw Lovelyz [on television], and there was also TWICE. I haven’t been able to see them on TV recently, but there was also Red Velvet.”

Finally, Kang Ha Neul told his fans, “I’m greeting you for the first time in a long while. I’ve been discharged today! I will soon greet you again as civilian Kang Ha Neul, who is no longer a soldier.”

Earlier this week, the actor confirmed that he will be making his small-screen return through the upcoming KBS romantic comedy “When the Camellia Blooms” (working title).

Congratulations to Kang Ha Neul on successfully completing his military service!

Check out the clip of Kang Ha Neul greeting fans and reporters below:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326653wpp/kang-ha-neul-discharged-from-military-names-the-girl-groups-who-kept-him-going-during-his-service

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was able to catch one of the final showings of the Shinheung Military Academy.  **A bucket list item: to see Haneul sing in a musical in this lifetime. The ticket didn't go on sale until 2-3 weeks before I left for Seoul so it wasn't an initial plan to see any concerts or musicals or chase any stars.  So I was ecstatic at the hope of seeing Haneul, but also freaked out about travelling alone to the country side.  

My korean is elementary school level so I can't say I totally understood the musical to its fullest, but I thought Haneul's performance was amazing!  Not because I'm his fan who flew from overseas and I love all things Haneul, but initially he plays a country pumpkin. He's silly, uneducated, clumsy, and thinks joining the revolt is fun, like a social club, just to hang out with other young people.  His initial solos are calm and at regular tone. It's all about making friends and being happy. People are dying around him but he's acting like he's in a school playground??  As time goes on, as the story progresses, he learns to be a full fledge korean revolter against the japanese oppression.  He can fight, shoot, gets acknowledged by his leaders, etc.. He has purpose in life and sees the many who gave their lives for the fight for freedom.  When he discovers a frightening discovery about his bff, and is faced to make a choice between korea and his friendship, his awakened duet with his friend comes to a maddening shouting match. Haneul's voice booms loudly across the auditorium, and you are as frightened as his character gets.  Especially when they turn off the lights and a gun goes off!  Your heart goes "whaaattt??? NOO!!!!"  .....It's pretty emotional! .................Without giving the ending away, I was so happy that Haneul was able to pull of this character so convincingly, because I was kind of annoyed in the beginning that he seemed to have such a "whimpy" character.  I was like, "you went to this effort to watch him act like a fool"???? lol!  BUT I was overwhelmingly surprised, and it was worth the multiple cross country train rides to get to Chuncheon. I think that was one of best Korean musicals I've ever seen - acting wise (plot was typical korean patriotic - why not? it's an army musical/celebrating a freedom anniversary), because it was so unexpected that Haneul's character would end up being so intense and confounded.  I'm glad he got nominated for Best Actor at the Yegreen Musical Awards, even while serving. That means irregardless of the venue/current job position, Haneul still puts his greatest efforts in whatever he does! You could sense at the end of the musical, he loved what he was doing, and with whom he was doing it with.

Aside from the musical performance, I was so happy to catch a glimpse of Haneul being Haneul.  When it came to taking his final individual bow, he came out making a hand heart at the audience.  Even though he didn't get the loudest cheers, he seemed to be the most grateful from a visual point of view.  Even as they were singing the final key lines of the song, he was still waving at the audience with childlike waves and innocent smiles from ear to ear. He was the only one in this posture. Everyone was still singing and musical professional face like.  He looked at all points of the audience and waved at each section as if he was waving at every individual who was waving back at him.  It made you want to keep waving at him because he "noticed" you.  The ladies in front of me waved harder. Singing beside him, his cast mate(s) thought Haneul was so cute, and at least two of them started mimicking his child like wave back at him.  Taunting him... With the last cast mate teasing him, Haneul caught on, and just laughed in his childlike embarrassed expression back at his cast mate acknowledging his simple over excited waving technique.  It was so priceless!!  I couldn't have seen a more endearing moment that was not through a tv/computer screen.  With my own eyes, yes, Haneul is that sweet and innocent as he appears on variety shows!!!  It's not an act or persona he has to present, like roles that members of a kpop band have to play.  He's the real deal!  He may have a strong manly stare, but his facial expressions are as big and innocent as his heart.  He really is that adorkable!

Can't wait for his next performance now that he's finished his army duty!! =)

Edited by 1bin
completing the sentence

Kang Ha Neul Keeps His Promise By Appearing For Post-Military Interview On “Entertainment Weekly”

Actor Kang Ha Neul appeared on the June 14 episode of KBS’s “Entertainment Weekly!”

Kang Ha Neul had previously met “Entertainment Weekly” reporters on the day of his discharge from mandatory military service. During that interview, he promised he would appear on the show as a guest.

kang-ha-neul.jpg

As a sign of thanks for keeping his promise, MC Shin Hyun Joon gave Kang Ha Neul a flower bouquet and introduced him to the show as, “Kang Ha Neul who just came back from the military.”

Kang Ha Neul said, “The first people I saw outside the door [on the day of my discharge] were from ‘Entertainment Weekly.’ I said that what I really wanted to do was drink some beer. In the short time since then, I have met up with many of my acquaintances and drank a lot of beer. The first beer I had was by myself. After living with other people for so long, I wanted to have one by myself.”

When asked about the people who visited him during his service, Kang Ha Neul said, “Before I enlisted, I filmed a movie called ‘Forgotten.’ I was concerned that I didn’t get to promote the movie with everyone else, but they reserved a bus and came to see me. They bought me jjajangmyun [black bean paste noodles] and fried chicken as well. I want to take this moment to thank them.”

In response to a question about which TV program he watched the most in the army, he said, “‘Entertainment Weekly.'” More honestly, he added, “The day begins with the soldiers watching idol performances.”

Kang Ha Neul also gave an interesting response to a question about ideal types. “This might sound strange, but my ideal type was someone who was nice to taxi drivers. I think that you can tell what someone is like when you watch them interact with taxi drivers.”

Kang Ha Neul’s first acting project after his discharge will be the KBS drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title). He said, “I love projects with good scripts. The script was so good that I had no choice but to accept. I think that I am similar to my character in that I don’t hide it when I like someone.”

He added in another part of the interview, “As long as the script is good, I would try any kind of role. I think it would be fun to try a realistic project in which there’s ambiguity between good and evil.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1332153wpp/kang-ha-neul-keeps-his-promise-by-appearing-for-post-military-interview-on-entertainment-weekly

• Like 1

*** I'm excited for KHN!  Yes..............for not seeing him for almost 2yrs on the screen.  I can't wait! I missed him! :P

Kang Ha Neul And Gong Hyo Jin Confirmed For Upcoming Romance Drama

99e225cf70f54474b7cf95e397a1d6c9.jpeg?s=

Kang Ha Neul and Gong Hyo Jin will be starring together in the upcoming KBS drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title)!

Gong Hyo Jin will take the role of Dong Baek, a naive but tenacious woman who works hard to live her life despite the judgements that surround her. Although she has never been loved before, she knows how to give love and is someone that you can’t help but fall in love with once you know her.

On the other hand, “When the Camellia Blooms” is Kang Ha Neul’s first project since his discharge from the military. He will play Hwang Yong Shik, a man who is righteous and honest to a fault but possesses a unique sexiness.

“When the Camellia Blooms” explores the question of whether a person can become a miracle for another. A producer for the drama stated, “The story will showcase the warmest and freshest romance of the fall through the strong pairing of Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul. We ask for your continuous anticipation and interest.”

The drama joins the creative forces of writer Im Sang Choon, who previously created “Fight My Way,” and director Cha Young Hoon of “Uncontrollably Fond” and “Are You Human, Too?” It is scheduled to premiere in September.

credit : soompi news

Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul cast in upcoming KBS drama 'When The Camellia Blooms'

kang-haneul-gong-hyojinjpg.jpg

Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul have been cast in a new drama!

'When The Camellia Blooms' is an upcoming KBS rom-com drama that follows a naive but strong-willed woman named Dong Baek, played by Gong Hyo Jin, as she navigates relationships with three different men. One such man is Kang Ha Neul's character Hwang Yong Sik, Dong Baek's manly, sexy love interest that often softens her up with various complements and sweet words.

The drama will be Kang Ha Neul's very first drama project after completing his two years of military service. The actor was officially discharged last May.

Meanwhile, 'When The Camellia Blooms' was written by 'Fight My Way' screenwriter Im Sang Chun and will be directed by 'Uncontrollably Fond' director Cha Young Hoon. The drama is slated to begin airing in September.

source : allkpop

***  Kim Ji Suk has confirmed his appearance in an upcoming drama with Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul. He will take on the role of Kang Jong Ryul, Dong Baek’s first love and a star baseball player who almost made it to the major leagues. The drama is set to air in KBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday slot. This will be a romantic thriller comedy about the love between three couples. Can't wait! :P

*** I'm happy that KHN is the leading man for his comeback project this time since he's often lauded for his memorable supporting roles,. For his array of works he has been showcasing his talent range, though. KHN is oozing with charm. I hope viewers will have continuous interest on this upcoming drama. :P

The Oppas Are Back

Stars in their early 30s get discharged from the military.

Stars who have been playing the main roles on the small screen for a while, and left the audience for two years after being called by the nation are getting ready to return. Lee Min-ho (32), Kim Soo-hyun (31), Im Si-wan (31), Ji Chang-wook (32), Joo Won (31) and Kang Ha-neul (30) are some of them. They were actively involved with acting until right before they left for National Service, and anticipation for them is not only heightening in the showbiz, but amongst viewers too.

photo1080482.jpg

Im Si-wan, Kang Ha-neul and Ji Chang-wook are coming back in August.

Kang Ha-neul is coming back with the KBS 2TV drama "When Camellia Blooms" on the 18th of September as a naïve policeman.

The showbiz welcomes them. This is even more so because there are no major topics to talk about in the lineup of various dramas. Kang Byung-taek from the KBS drama department said, "The return of those from the military will thicken the list of names to choose from for future casting. We hope their different colors and traits bring life into the drama industry".

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al...

Translation : Hancinema