Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

2023.10.12 Now Playing

A scene from the romantic comedy ″30 Days″ starring Kang Ha-neul and Jung So-min [MIND MARK]

A scene from the romantic comedy ″30 Days″ starring Kang Ha-neul and Jung So-min [MIND MARK]

30 Days (12)

Romantic comedy / 119 mins. / Korean / Oct. 3

A married couple forgets all of their memories about each other and their married life after getting into a car accident on their way to the court for divorce proceedings.

The couple's surrounding family and friends, desperate to get the two to stay together and have a happily-ever-after ending, encourage them to spend more time with each other and lie to them, saying that they were happy in their marriage. The couple attends outings and social events with each other in an effort to rekindle their affection for each other and tap into their lost memories, and a series of comical situations occur.

Kang Ha-neul and Jung So-min play the couple, while Kim Sun-young, Yoon Kyung-ho and Jo Min-su play supporting roles.

BY LIM JEONG-WON [lim.jeongwon@joongang.co.kr]

credit : https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2023-10-12/entertainment/movies/20231012-Now-Playing/1888534

Top 15 KBS Dramas With The Highest Ratings Since 2020

Check out which KBS dramas have the highest ratings in the history of the channel from 2020 to 2023!

One of the biggest names in the Korean entertainment industry and especially in broadcasting and to many K-Drama lovers is none other than 'KBS'. KBS, the Korean Broadcasting System, has played a vital role in the growth of K-Dramas over the decades with continuously high-ranking K-Dramas placing in the best ratings list of 20202021, and 2022.

Additionally, KBS has been known for producing some of the most iconic dramas adored by K-Drama lovers. Thanks to this, they also have some record ratings worth mentioning such as for the K-Drama "Bread, Love and Dreams" which aired in 2010 that reached a record 50.8% rating! Another of their K-Drama hits with sky-high ratings is "Descendants of The Sun" (2016) with a 38.8% rating.

Note: This ranking does not include daily and weekend dramas. 'Drama specials' and 'weekend drama specials' are also not included in the ranking.

11. "Curtain Call" - 7.2%

Top 15 KBS Dramas With The Highest Ratings Since 2020

KBS

"Curtain Call" was a fresh kind of period drama well-received by many fans. The drama carried a deep sentiment that appealed to viewers. Starring Kang HaNeul, Ha JiWon, and Go DooShim, the drama secured 7.2% ratings.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-15-kbs-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-since-2020/

*** According to the Korean Film Council’s Korean Box Office Information System on October 12th, Hwaran”/ Hopeless" entered the box office chart in second place while "30 Days" on 1st place.  It fails to surpass ‘Love Reset’/30 Days" on Box Office Chart.    :emmm:

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20231012080401986

[Box office] Movies in theaters this week

20231005000851_0.jpg

“30 Days”

(South Korea)

Opened Oct. 3

Comedy

Directed by Nam Dae-joong

Jung-yeol (Kang Ha-neul), an intelligent lawyer, and his wife Nara (Jung So-min), a passionate film producer, see their idyllic newlywed life eventually drive nerdy Jung-yeol and quick-tempered Nara apart.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20231012000882

*** “Love Reset” (also known as “30 Days”) is off to a strong start at the box office! Ever since its release on October 3, the movie has enjoyed an uninterrupted 11-day streak at No. 1 at the Korean box office. On October 14, the Korean Film Council announced that as of 11 a.m. KST, the movie had officially surpassed 1 million moviegoers, meaning that the film took less than 12 days to reach the milestone. Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Love Reset” especially to Kang Ha Neul!   :blush:

20231014050846_Love-Reset.jpg?s=900x600&

Love-Reset-Cast.jpg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=477&aid=0000455452

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Love Reset” Surpasses 1 Million Moviegoers After Topping Box Office For 11 Days In A Row

Spoiler

20231014050846_Love-Reset.jpg?s=900x600&

“Love Reset” (also known as “30 Days”) is off to a strong start at the box office!

Ever since its release on October 3, the new romantic comedy starring Kang Ha Neul and Jung So Min has enjoyed an uninterrupted 11-day streak at No. 1 at the Korean box office.

On October 14, the Korean Film Council announced that as of 11 a.m. KST, “Love Reset” had officially surpassed 1 million moviegoers, meaning that the film took less than 12 days to reach the milestone.

“Love Reset” tells the story of an unhappily married couple who were once blissfully in love, but are now on the brink of divorce. However, 30 days before their marriage is scheduled to end, the couple loses their memories in a car accident.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Love Reset”!

Love-Reset-Cast.jpg

credit : soompi news

*** Kang Ha Neul will be the special emcee of the SBS hit show My Little Old BoyDuring the episode, he wasn’t shy about dishing on his own romantic style. He revealed, “Being a guy from Gyeongsang Province, when I fall in love, I go all in and express my feelings honestly.” He also admitted to a cute pretentious habit of writing sentimental quotes in his love letters to past girlfriends. He also shared that when he hits the karaoke with actor pals Kim Woo Bin and Junho (they worked together from the movie "Twenty"), he’s usually the “singer of the group.” The mothers were quick to request a performance, and he serenaded the room singing “When love passes by.” Catch all this and more of his irresistible allure on "My Little Old Boy", scheduled to air on Sunday night at 9:05 PM KST.   :kisslevel:

30000881649_1280.jpg

source : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010278423

6 Male Actors We Would Love To See Guest On Jung SoMin's YouTube Series "Sodam Sodam"

Jung SoMin recently started her very own YouTube series titled "Sodam Sodam". Here are a few actors we would love to see the actress invite on as guests!

Jung-SoMin-Sodam-Sodam.jpg

1. Kang HaNeul

Kang-HaNeul-Official.jpg

Kang HaNeul's Official Instagram

First seen together through the movie "Twenty" in 2015, Jung SoMin and Kang HaNeul reunite for their newest film "Love Reset". Through various interviews, the pair have showcased such a heartwarming friendship that makes viewers smile from ear to ear. Because of this, it would be such a treat to watch them have a candid, serious, and also funny conversation on "Sodam Sodam".

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/6-male-actors-we-would-love-to-see-guest-on-jung-somin-youtube-series-sodam-sodam/

*** Kang Ha Neul appeared on the October 15th broadcast of SBS’s entertainment program “My Little Old Boy” as a special MC. That day, the heartwarming story of him giving an air conditioner as a gift to a movie staff who didn’t have one at home was told. He said, “I happened to meet the staff at a cafe and we talked about this and that. Then the staff told me that they came to the cafe to work they didn’t have an air conditioner at home.  It’s not a big conditioner, just a small one”. The MCs praised his kindness, saying “You have a very beautiful heart”.   :happydance:

20231016073819155ycwi.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20231016073819477

*** The new broadcast of SBS’s “My Little Old Boy” on October 15th released several past photos of Kang Ha-neul when he was a student. He has been so handsome since his school days. Shin Dong-yup turned to him and said, “ I guess you were very famous. Did you turn the school upside down with that handsome face?”. The mothers of “My Little Old Boy” commented, “He was prettier than now”. Seo Jang-hoon also praised Kang Ha-neul’s visual, saying “You look like an idol”. Receiving so many compliments, Kang Ha-neul reacted, “This is so embarrassing”. Shin Dong-yup continued, “I heard you wrote a letter when you had a girlfriend? I don’t think men often do that. You were the bragging type? You even wrote some quotes of wise words or famous sayings?”. In response, Kang Ha-neul said, “Writing quotes was a trend back then.” Shin Dong-yup then asked Kang Ha-neul if he remembered any quotes. Embarrassed by the request, he replied, “I don’t think I wrote that letter to my girlfriend. It was more like the one to my mom”, adding “I wanted to study Theater at a high school of arts so I talked to my mom about this and that. I told her that I wanted to become an actor. I want to act and being an actor means you need to learn and learn more. I don’t do that anymore now”, adding “Don’t worry. I will never use quotes again in the future”.   :kitty:

20231016062712056ogyb.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20231016062711578?f=m

*** “30 Days”, which was considered the weakest opponent of "Hopeless", kept the top spot for 12 days and surpassed 1 million viewers. A multiplex theater official said, “In the atmosphere where the audience’s interest in Korean movies has dropped significantly, the most important thing has become ‘word of mouth’ of real audiences, not star appearances,” adding, “30 Days” also attracted more audiences in the second week than in the first weekend thanks to word of mouth.”  :kaching3:

source : https://kbizoom.com/song-joong-ki-kang-dong-won-song-kang-ho-failed-in-box-office-when-top-star-cast-doesnt-guarantee-a-hit/

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2023.10.13 ~ 2023.10.15

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Love Reset" (30일) 2023/10/03 314 594 1 210 280
2 "Hopeless" (화란) 2023/10/11 87 701 166 817
3 "Dr. Cheon and the Lost Talisman" (천박사 퇴마 연구소: 설경의 비밀) 2023/09/27 58 821 1 850 358
4 "Road to Boston" (1947 보스톤) 2023/09/27 39 862 918 996
5 "Miss Fortune" (화사한 그녀) 2023/10/11 37 348 60 260
6 "PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie"   33 405 114 677
7 "The Creator"   19 174 249 173
8 "The Nun II"   18 210 350 463
9 "Sana" (ミンナのウタ )   15 428 66 697
10 "Behind the Blue Eyes" (不能流泪的悲伤)   7 075 10 461

*** In an interview with MyDaily, Jung So Min shared about Kang Ha Neul, “We like to tease each other a lot. When we were shooting, Ha Neul had this thing for wearing casual clothes. He’d show up on set in the same outfit every day. So I couldn’t help but ask, ‘Do you ever wash your clothes?’ And he’d just laugh and say, ‘I’ve got a few more of the same design.’ His reaction was so funny that I couldn’t resist poking fun at him. If there’s an exciting script, I’d like to act together with him again. He hasn’t changed a bit. I don’t know how he does that. He’s grown more mature as an actor with years of experience.”   :kaching1:

2023101615374273188_l.jpg

source : https://mydaily.co.kr/page/view/2023101615384850556

*** On October 15th, Kang Haneul appeared on the SBS variety show 'My Ugly Duckling'. He revealed that his dating approach mirrors his character from 'When the Camellia Blooms,' Kang Haneul shared that he tends to be straightforward in dating, much like Hwang Yongsik. In a playful attempt to tease Kang Haneul, MC Shin Dongyeop jokingly asked, "What if the person you confess to says, 'I'm sorry, but you're not my type'?" Kang Haneul sweetly replied, "I'll be flustered but if she's the type of person that I really like, I'll say, 'Please tell me your style, I'll change into the style you like,'" showing his romantic side.   :cutekitty:

20231017_023027_199_gly%202.jpeg

Film/TV Actor/actress brand value rankings for October based on big data analysis of Korea Brand Reputation Research Institute

Period : September 19 through October 19

According to the analysis results, Kang Dong Won ranked 1st place for the month of October with a total of 9,928,065 brand value points, followed closely behind by actress Go Yoon Jung in 2nd place with 8,312,332 points. Actor Jo In Sung came in 3rd place this month with 5,681,887 brand value points. 

The top 30 film/TV actors/actresses in terms of brand value ranking for October are: Kang Dong Won, Go Yoon Jung, Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki, Han Hyo Joo, Kim Nam Gil, Kang Ha Neul, Jung So Min, Lee Yoo Mi, Jeon Yeo Bin, Yoon Kye Sang, Lee Byung Hun, Lee Seo Jin, Han Ji Min, Gong Yoo, Ha Jung Woo, Lim Siwan, Son Suk Goo, Ryu Seung Ryong, Kim Hye Soo, Park Bo Young, Uhm Jung Hwa, Park Seo Joon, Hyun Bin, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Jae Hoon, Nam Joo Hyuk, Jung Woo Sung, Jung Hae In, and Ma Dong Suk

1697679941-01.jpg

1697679941-02.jpg

*** On October 18, Shin Hae Sun guested on tvN's television show 'You Quiz on the Block' and talked about her ten years of acting. She also revealed her unexpected connection with actors Lee Jong Suk and Kang Ha Neul. When Yu Jae Seok told her, "I heard that you and Lee Jong Suk went to the same school in real life.", Shin Hae Sun nodded and talked about Lee Jong Suk and another star who went to her school too. "Lee Jong Suk and I attended the same arts high school. But a year later, he moved to a different school and another boy transferred to our school, and it was Kang Ha Neul.", said the actress.  :kisslevel:

201846293_700.webp

source : SBS Star

[Box office] Movies in theaters this week

20231005000851_0.jpg

“30 Days”

(South Korea)

Opened Oct. 3

Comedy

Directed by Nam Dae-joong

The idyllic newlywed life of Jung-yeol (Kang Ha-neul), an intelligent lawyer, and his wife Nara (Jung So-min), a passionate film producer, is disrupted when the couple suffers from amnesia due to an unexpected accident.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20231019000900

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2023.10.20 ~ 2023.10.22

photo1727399.jpg

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Love Reset" (30일) 2023/10/03 246 942 1 595 823
2 "Killers of the Flower Moon"   56 248 69 896
3 "The Exorcist: Believer"   43 148 62 019
4 "Hopeless" (화란) 2023/10/11 35 382 239 692
5 "Expend4bles"   26 512 50 221
6 "Blue Giant"   25 269 43 580
7 "Dr. Cheon and the Lost Talisman" (천박사 퇴마 연구소: 설경의 비밀) 2023/09/27 24 191 1 901 922
8 "PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie"   19 393 137 817
9 "Mavka: The Forest Song" (Мавка. Лісова пісня)   18 653 25 989
10 "Road to Boston" (1947 보스톤) 2023/09/27 17 437 965 388

Rom-com 'Love Reset' stays atop local box office for 3rd straight week

da641335-aaf6-403a-b2ae-d65685fdeb70.jpg

The Korean romantic comedy "Love Reset" has remained atop the local lox office for three weeks in a row since its opening, data showed Monday.

The movie also attracted around 246,000 moviegoers from Friday to Sunday, accounting for 40.3 percent of total ticket sales, according to data from the Korean Film Council (KOFIC).

Earlier Monday, the film, which hit local theaters on Oct. 3, passed its break-even point, after its cumulative number of attendees surpassed 1.6 million.

Directed by Nam Dae-jung and starring Kang Ha-neul and Jung So-min, the film tells the story of a married couple, both suffering from memory loss in the wake of a car accident, 30 days before their planned divorce.

The runner-up at the weekend box office was "Killers of the Flower Moon" by Martin Scorsese. The film drew around 56,000 moviegoers, or 8.9 percent of the weekend box-office tally.

"The Exorcist: Believer" and the Korean noir thriller "Hwaran" came in third and fourth, respectively.

As of 8 a.m. Monday, the Japanese animation "The Boy and the Heron" by Hayao Miyazaki led advance ticket sales. The film is set to open Wednesday. (Yonhap)

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/10/689_361674.html

*** "30 Days" has taken the box office by storm. It held the number one spot for a remarkable twenty consecutive days and even hit the break-even point. As of 7 AM on October 23rd, the movie had drawn in a whopping 1.6 million moviegoers. This achievement puts it in the league of just six South Korean films that have reached the break-even point. The other five movies that made the cut are The Roundup: No Way Out, Smugglers, Ghost Station, Concrete Utopia, and Sleep. What’s truly impressive is that the movie has maintained consistent box office numbers from its opening week to its third week, suggesting that its success will be long-lasting.   :cutekitty:

b0f1d85bb37eeedca95f1bf17a7ef61c-1434x20