Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

*** The dramas aired by JTBC last year remained bitter and struggling with ratings. Their past winning dramas were on 2020 yet, which were "Itaewon Class" and "The World of the Married". I hope the cable network will again have a strong will to capture both popularity and workability this year through Kang Ha-neul's next work "Insider" where he returns to the action suspense genre. I'm looking forward to seeing if JTBC, which showed a large number of high-quality works last year, will be able to capture the public's hearts with works that go beyond perfection to popularity.  :kaching1:

*** On January 20, a popular YouTube channel MMTG shared an interview of Lee Kwang Soo, Han Hyo Joo and actor Kang Ha Neul. Something happened when Han Hyo Joo's skirt got ripped during an interview. The interviewer asked them to make a wave. They got up and excitedly made a wave by getting up and from their seats and putting their arms up high when Han Hyo Joo in surprise said, "Oh no, I think I ripped my skirt.", then held onto the top part of her skirt. Kang Ha Neul did not know what to do that he started panicking a little. That was when the interviewer playfully told him, "Just turn around and stay like that!"  Upon hearing this, he turned around quickly and stuck himself against the wall. - hahaha - Then, the interviewer told him when she managed to sort her skirt out, Kang Ha Neul turned around and commented, "Is everything okay now?" - LOL -   :Megalol:   :sweet:

201631437_1280.jpg

201631435_1280.jpg

source : SBS Star

*** Fashion magazine Elle released pictures of KHN yesterday January 25th. Interviews with the behind-the-scenes story of The Pirates: Goblin Flag and his colorful charms can be found in the February issue of Elle and on the official website.   :Megathanks:

20220125094657614bfwe.jpg

20220125094658827torl.jpg

• Blob 1

*** "The Pirates" is opening TODAY January 26 in Korea.   :heart2:

photo1420283.jpg

Directed by Kim Jeong-hoon-II

With Kang Ha-neul, Han Hyo-joo, Lee Kwang-soo, Kwon Sang-woo, Chae Soo-bin, Sehun,...

Started filming: 2020/07
Wrapped up filming: 2021/01/11
Synopsis
An action adventure film about a sea battle between pirates, bandits, and pioneers who search for a seal that disappeared in a whale attack before the founding of the Joseon Dynasty.

• Blob 1

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

The Pirates: Goblin Flag
(Korea)
Opened Jan. 26
Action, Comedy
Directed by Kim Jung-hoon

Set in the Joseon era, pirate captain Hye-rang (Han Hyo-joo) and her crew members go on a journey to look for hidden treasures of the Goryeo Kingdom that no longer exist. Trouble-making swordsman Muchi (Kang Ha-neul) and his followers also decide to join the pirates. However, on their way, they are met with all sorts of adversities. 

(skipped unrelated....)

credit : Korea Herald

Korean Films Take over Cinemas at Lunar New Year

Korea's movie scene has been dominated in recent weeks by Hollywood blockbusters.

"Spider-Man: No Way Home" has taken the top spot in terms of ticket sales for five straight weeks drawing 6.89 million viewers, and others like "The King's Man," "Matrix: Resurrection" and "West Side Story" hit theaters while few

Korean films were released.

But now Korean films are taking over the silver screen for the Lunar New Year holiday.

2022012800745_0.jpg

"The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure," the sequel to the 2014 hit "The Pirates," hit theaters early this week, along with the political drama "Kingmaker" depicting the presidential race back in 1971. The crime flick, "Special Delivery," starring Park So-dam already opened on Jan. 12.

Cho Sung-jin at movie theater chain CGV said, "This is the first time Korean films to compete since last summer, when 'Escape form Mogadishu' and 'Sinkhole' opened in theaters. We expect the local movie scene to be reinvigorated."

◆ "The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure"

"The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure" is the sequel to the 2014 hit, "The Pirates," which drew 8.6 million viewers. It again blends comedy, action and fantasy, with an entirely new cast featuring Han Hyo-joo, Kang Ha-neul and Lee Kwang-soo.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Chosun Ilbo

*** The director of "The Pirates" recently participated in an interview with News1. He expressed his gratitude for the cast especially to KHN. He said - “Moo Chi, played by Kang Ha Neul, is a cheeky character who needs a lot of diverse acting. I had very high judgment of Kang Ha Neul’s acting spectrum and talent, so I cast him. As I worked with the cast, just as I heard through reports, Kang Ha Neul is very upright and very focused on his acting. "  Regarding the underwater filming, he said - "Kang Ha Neul got water up his nose and had to go to the hospital to have it extracted. "   :Fist1:

kang-ha-neul-han-hyo-joo-lee-kwang-soo-k

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0005875926

*** “The Pirates: Goblin Flag” has a strong start at the Korean box office! Today February 5, it was announced that as of 2:50 p.m. KST, the movie had officially surpassed 1 million moviegoers. The film was released on January 26, meaning that it took about ten days to reach the milestone. As a result, “The Pirates: Goblin Flag” is the first Korean film of 2022 to draw over 1 million moviegoers. It's more remarkable considering that the Korean government placed strict social distancing guidelines on movie theaters due to COVID-19, which undoubtedly had an effect on the box office. Despite being in competition with various domestic and foreign movies, the movie solidified its position at the top of the box office for ten consecutive days since its release.   :ohboy2:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=117&aid=0003574699

Actor Kang Ha-neul to take lead role in upcoming KBS drama series

Kang Ha-neul [TH COMPANY]

Actor Kang Ha-neul will take a lead role in the upcoming KBS drama series “Trees Die on Their Feet” (translated),” the broadcaster announced Thursday.

Kang will take on the role of optimistic but anonymous stage actor Yoo Jae-heon. He faces a turning point in his life after he accepts a proposition from an old gentleman. Yoo is asked to act as a North Korean defector, the grandson of an old lady who is terminally ill.

Producer Yoon Sang-ho behind “River Where the Moon Rises” (2021) on KBS and “Saimdang, Memoir of Colors” (2017) on SBS takes helm of the series.

KBS said that they will finalize cast and start production.

Kang debuted through 2007 KBS drama series “My Mom! Super Mom!” and earned praise from audiences in the supporting role of a high school student named Lee Hyo-shin in SBS drama series “The Heirs” in 2013. He was highly also praised for his acting along with other cast members in hit tvN drama series “Misaeng: Incomplete Life” in 2014. His first lead role on television was in KBS series “When the Camellia Blooms” with his counterpart Kong Hyo-jin, which reaped huge success with the final episode ending with with a viewership rating of 23.8 percent. Kang’s notable filmography includes “Dongju: The Portrait of A Poet” (2016), “New Trial” (2017), “Midnight Runners” (2017) and “Forgotten” (2017). He recently appeared on the silver screen in an array of films such as “Waiting For Rain” (2021), “A Year-end Medley” (2021) and “The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure” (2022). 

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/02/17/entertainment/television/Kang-Haneul-KBS-drama-series/20220217121917526.html

• Blob 1

Dear Oppa: An Indian fan calls Kang Ha Neul’s role in ‘When the Camellia Blooms’ ‘quirky and cute’

kang_ha_neul_main.jpg?width=752&format=w

Kang Ha Neul is a South Korean actor born on February 21, 1990. Starting his entertainment career in the world of musicals, Kang Ha Neul debuted in the television series ‘To the Beautiful You’. Since then, he has established quite the name for himself by taking up roles in famous dramas, ‘The Heirs’, ‘Misaeng: Incomplete Life’, ‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ and ‘When the Camellia Blooms’. The latest one, earned him a Best Actor award at the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards.

Today’s sweet letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by a 16-year-old fan from India. Read below.

Dear Kang Ha Neul oppa,

Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Saidi poojari. I am 16 and I am from Mumbai, India. I am a very big fan of yours and I really loved your role in ‘When the Camellia Blooms’. I mean SERIOUSLY you were so quirky and cute. I just couldn't get my eyes off you. The vibe you give out is truly amazing. You deserve all the happiness in your life. Thank you for giving us those butterflies in the stomach. I wish you all the best for the future. Sending you all the good vibes for your new role and I know you'll do many more incredible things. You are a happy, funny man but full of wisdom.

Sending you all the love in the world

Saidi

source : Pinkvilla

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-indian-fan-calls-kang-ha-neul-s-role-when-camellia-blooms-quirky-and-cute-1027412

• Blob 1