[Drama 2013 - 2014] Prime Minister and I 총리와 나

StaRix

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interviews are unfortunately one issue Google Translate cannot help with. Other than the general idea of him wanting to do his best and that he had a good time and learned a lot during the series, there's not much one can understand. I hope some fanclub translates them.

And I hope he gets to act with Lee Beom Soo again. They missed each other by one movie with 'Death Bell' and I think they have great chemistry in 'Prime Minister and I', but In Ho and Yool's interactions were usually very formal and business-based. I'd love to see them play characters in a more charged and personal relationship.

Perhaps in a movie even. The In Ho and Yool bromance was too short for us to properly enjoy. :))

February 14, 2014
[interview] Yoon Shi Yoon Wants to Pour Out His Passion Before Going to the Army
CJ E&M enewsWorld Park Ah Reum  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Yoon Shi Yoon revealed his plans to enlist in the army. 
In a recent interview with Newsen, Yoon Shi Yoon revealed his plans to pour everything out before he enlists in the army, which he compared to taking a trip.
In the drama press conference for Prime Minister and I, which took place last December 23, the actor said, “I think I will be going to the army next year. Before I go to the army, I want to act passionately, showing whatever I’m capable of in acting.”
58648002.jpg

Planning to enlist in the army this year, the actor said again, “I want to pour out as much as I can.”
“I haven’t been able to show much, but I want to show as much as I can before taking the trip,” said Yoon Shi Yoon, who compared the army to taking a trip, since it’s an opportunity to see many things. 
When asked how many projects he’s planning on doing before committing to his duties in the army, the actor said, “The number of projects is not the most important thing. If I come across a good project, then I will do my best in filming, but if I don’t, then I would just have to prepare myself more.”
“I believe the right timing will come,” concluded the actor. 
Photo credit: Newsen

@Orion: bravery is often coupled with a bit of insanity. Or maybe it's like some sort of morbid fascination for a train wreck. You don't want to look but you can't avert your eyes. :P 
As for a DVD cut, I do agree that if it's aligned with the true vision of the writers for the story then I'm all for it. In any case, I think it won't be unprecedented if they came out with an "after story" and a retelling.  They did that for "Winter Sonata" when they came out with an anime version that retold the story (with adjustments on some scenes) and even had a final live drama ending that was never in the original series, where Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo's characters finally got married.  Weren't they the same writers as PM&I?  

To be honest, I'm not exactly watching the whole thing but choosing the really delightful scenes from early episodes when they first met and still bickered like crazy.  I still find myself giggling and feeling all warm and fuzzy every time I watch them.  And I still melt into a puddle of goo in those scenes when they look at each other or do little thoughtful things for each other without realizing that those actions scream out "I love you" more than anything else they could have said.  I am still amazed at how wonderful Lee Beom Soo and Yoona's chemistry was together.  They really made me believe that that they were falling in love as Yul and Da Jeong.  The care and concern was just so genuine.     
But like you, watching this series all over again from its beginning to the end would need some time and distance.  I'm still not over it.   :(

akhenaten said: To be honest, I'm not exactly watching the whole thing but choosing the really delightful scenes from early episodes when they first met and still bickered like crazy.  I still find myself giggling and feeling all warm and fuzzy every time I watch them.  And I still melt into a puddle of goo in those scenes when they look at each other or do little thoughtful things for each other without realizing that those actions scream out "I love you" more than anything else they could have said.  I am still amazed at how wonderful Lee Beom Soo and Yoona's chemistry was together.  They really made me believe that that they were falling in love as Yul and Da Jeong.  The care and concern was just so genuine.     
But like you, watching this series all over again from its beginning to the end would need some time and distance.  I'm still not over it.   :(

So, the ending of PMandI was definitely disappointing and unsatisfying, but as I continue to reflect I feel that it was not as bad as some dramas whose endings left me a little traumatized.  Dramas with endings so bad you should watch any include Mirae's Choice, Let's Go to School Sang-Doo, Love Contract, 49 Days, and Big.  At least with PM&I, there is a happy ending with the two main characters definitely together and both are alive.  On my worst list there are 2 dramas that I thought were rom-com's but suddenly end up with both main characters dead- very disturbing!  I would place PM&I along with other dramas like Lie to Me that just simply get boring and fail to deliver after having a great first half. 
If you're reading comments to see if you should watch PM&I, then I would recommend it.  Greatly enjoy the first half, and then when it starts getting boring or stupid, start fast forwarding through the episodes.  Lastly, don't expect more than a passionate hand shake.

rosely said:If you're reading comments to see if you should watch PM&I, then I would recommend it.  Greatly enjoy the first half, and then when it starts getting boring or stupid, start fast forwarding through the episodes.  Lastly, don't expect more than a passionate hand shake.

Orion said: akhenaten said: To be honest, I'm not exactly watching the whole thing but choosing the really delightful scenes from early episodes when they first met and still bickered like crazy.  I still find myself giggling and feeling all warm and fuzzy every time I watch them.  And I still melt into a puddle of goo in those scenes when they look at each other or do little thoughtful things for each other without realizing that those actions scream out "I love you" more than anything else they could have said.  I am still amazed at how wonderful Lee Beom Soo and Yoona's chemistry was together.  They really made me believe that that they were falling in love as Yul and Da Jeong.  The care and concern was just so genuine.     

stuartjmz said: akhenaten said: @Orion: bravery is often coupled with a bit of insanity. Or maybe it's like some sort of morbid fascination for a train wreck. You don't want to look but you can't avert your eyes. :P 
As for a DVD cut, I do agree that if it's aligned with the true vision of the writers for the story then I'm all for it. In any case, I think it won't be unprecedented if they came out with an "after story" and a retelling.  They did that for "Winter Sonata" when they came out with an anime version that retold the story (with adjustments on some scenes) and even had a final live drama ending that was never in the original series, where Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo's characters finally got married.  Weren't they the same writers as PM&I?  

Agreed. It is definitely not the worst of endings. It's how good the series was before it that makes it extra bad, to me. Works like 'Mirae's Choice' and 'Big' are quite boring in general. Their writing and characterization were pretty shallow to begin with. So as bad as they were, expectations were never exactly sky high. The better a work is, the bigger the disappointment, even if the severity of the ending as far as endings go was certainly not that strong.

As you say, I'd recommend it, but with the warning to not expect much, as I said in my review of it too. See, a good series is never a series where you need to fast forward. If there are pieces which cause that reaction, that's a sign of its failure right there. I think new viewers who know of the ending will not mind it much. But they also will not be able to enjoy it as much as we did, because we still had that happy view of its perfection up to a point and therefore took it more seriously. I mean both our joy and pain were bigger than they will be for new viewers.

Hence, my fear of getting drawn into an ongoing drama again. It's fine when you're not so emotionally invested in it that you can pretty much accept what the writers dish out. And if the actors are just halfway decent but forgettable except for their eye candy value.

But PM&I was just so wonderful for most of its run. I just hope LBS and Yoona get to work together again. Hopefully an indie filmmaker who don't make films for the ahjumma market. I don't even mind if it's gonna be a straight drama as long as it's not over-the-top melo. Maybe they can do a film ala-Lost In Translation. Now that had an age gap but it was still a lovely story.

Wow" I had to come to the conclusion and really realized that The PM and I are completely over and to the point i was had a nightmare just seeing PM and DJ with the kids together then waking up in a sweat #:-S and was like WTH and said i know i had to be dreaming in which i couldn't even keep my eye's straight 8-}

Guest dongwookie

rosely said: So, the ending of PMandI was definitely disappointing and unsatisfying, but as I continue to reflect I feel that it was not as bad as some dramas whose endings left me a little traumatized.  Dramas with endings so bad you should watch any include Mirae's Choice, Let's Go to School Sang-Doo, Love Contract, 49 Days, and Big.  At least with PM&I, there is a happy ending with the two main characters definitely together and both are alive.  On my worst list there are 2 dramas that I thought were rom-com's but suddenly end up with both main characters dead- very disturbing!  I would place PM&I along with other dramas like Lie to Me that just simply get boring and fail to deliver after having a great first half. 
If you're reading comments to see if you should watch PM&I, then I would recommend it.  Greatly enjoy the first half, and then when it starts getting boring or stupid, start fast forwarding through the episodes.  Lastly, don't expect more than a passionate hand shake.

Guest adikkeluangman

I watched the episode today at KBSW. Yool said he like her, invite DJ appa to live with them and NY appear...Although KBSW sub is better than most sub out there but they left some details. Not that it really matters but after read the review and discussion it made different. 
My mom asked why the maid take long holiday. Well, since she saw that DJ clean Yul study. It so fuzzy and warm to watch this whole episode with DJ and Yul together. Damn, Lee Beom Soo acting is so superb and he deserved all the awards out there. The face expression and everything. How lucky for his students to get him as their lecturer and teach them.
I don't understand at first why NY must visit and follow her kids after she promised to IH not to see them again. I made the conclusion after rewatch again today episode that maybe she want to see them for the last time and goodbye. 
But for Inho as the man that hold revenge for 7 years. Nothing showed him as the man in revenge except his words and NY and SuHo pictures together. Maybe the production left this details. When I watched the scene when DJ visit IN house. Then i realized. Moved aside that was actually a hotel suite. But as I also watched others dramas, if you're man in revenge and planned something. You got to have a whole room or wall dedicated to that. News clipping, pictures, calendar, timeline and whatever needed. But in IH context, just those pictures and the fact that he become a member in Yul fanclub.
I remember saw some pictures when Lee Bum Soo sign autograph for fans at the hospital. Imagine the hospice must be so busy with LBS sudden fans and Yoona. The patient must be happy to know that Yoona was there to shoot the drama there. 

Guest dongwookie

adikkeluangman said: I watched the episode today at KBSW. Yool said he like her, invite DJ appa to live with them and NY appear...Although KBSW sub is better than most sub out there but they left some details. Not that it really matters but after read the review and discussion it made different. 
My mom asked why the maid take long holiday. Well, since she saw that DJ clean Yul study. It so fuzzy and warm to watch this whole episode with DJ and Yul together. Damn, Lee Beom Soo acting is so superb and he deserved all the awards out there. The face expression and everything. How lucky for his students to get him as their lecturer and teach them.
I don't understand at first why NY must visit and follow her kids after she promised to IH not to see them again. I made the conclusion after rewatch again today episode that maybe she want to see them for the last time and goodbye. 
But for Inho as the man that hold revenge for 7 years. Nothing showed him as the man in revenge except his words and NY and SuHo pictures together. Maybe the production left this details. When I watched the scene when DJ visit IN house. Then i realized. Moved aside that was actually a hotel suite. But as I also watched others dramas, if you're man in revenge and planned something. You got to have a whole room or wall dedicated to that. News clipping, pictures, calendar, timeline and whatever needed. But in IH context, just those pictures and the fact that he become a member in Yul fanclub.
I remember saw some pictures when Lee Bum Soo sign autograph for fans at the hospital. Imagine the hospice must be so busy with LBS sudden fans and Yoona. The patient must be happy to know that Yoona was there to shoot the drama there. 

my sister told me that LBS will have a new project with Song Seung Hoon.LBS had a work together with SSH in Time Slip Dr Jin.I wonder almost all SSH drama he is kinda a flat person.and I thought LBS will not gonna be main lead again???If anyone can find the real info then..
Everyone here wishing for LBS and Yoona to be pairing again.Keep on wishing guys.Lee Dong Wook and Lee Dae Hee will pairing again as a couple in the new drama ,I forgot the title.They had a successful project through My Girl in 2005.and they meet again in 2014. 9 years reunion.
Let's pray for our lovely couple to be pairing again,someday....

chrmftcotl said: Just to demo how much I love this drama and its characters... Yes, that was me crying at 4 am in the morning imagining a future scene for my fanfic. I don't look forward to writing the upcoming melo scenes because I'll need lots of tissue.....

stuartjmz said: It's a BIG mistake to think that complaints about the ending are primarily, or even significantly, motivated "by longings for real skinship." Instead, most of the complaints are very much about "how the writers told their story". Yes some realistic adult displays of affection would have been nice, but a consistent, coherent story would have been even nicer. The closer one focuses on how the writers told their story, the more glaring their failures in that regard become. 

Guest dongwookie

stuartjmz said:
It's a BIG mistake to think that complaints about the ending are primarily, or even significantly, motivated "by longings for real skinship." Instead, most of the complaints are very much about "how the writers told their story". Yes some realistic adult displays of affection would have been nice, but a consistent, coherent story would have been even nicer. The closer one focuses on how the writers told their story, the more glaring their failures in that regard become. 

Archived