[Drama 2013] Marry Him If You Dare 미래의 선택

Guest msmall

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kay77 said:

Actually, it was FNC's intentions to limit JYH's screen time in this drama and give LDG full support as the male lead.  FNC wanted to use JYH as the promotional tool while pushing LDG fully as the male lead in this drama.  However, the Korean viewers didn't follow FNC's plans and didn't really fall for LDG as the male lead in this drama because of Kim Shin's characterization.  I won't say anymore on this at this time although there is much to say about FNC.

Speaking of Koala...

Does anyone know if Koala knows Korean?   Because some of the things that Koala is saying about DC spoiler isn't quite right.  I've been following DC Inside quite closely even before the drama started and have been following MHIYD Gallery at DC Inside since that opened.  She seems like she knows Korean but what she is saying about DC Inside and Korean YEH fans seems to be quite inaccurate.  I am fluent in Korean and I have been following MHIYD Gallery and YEH Gallery at DC very closely.

I think Koala has a huge following and I just wanted to clear that not all Koala is saying about DC Inside Spoilers are quite accurate.  Additionally, Koala extremely biased and I think that might be limiting her views in someway when it comes to sharing information to overseas fans.  She seems to be letting her biased views affect sharing of accurate informations.  

I have been following several Korean drama communities even before this drama started.  I know there have been several synopsis changes even before the drama started, and I know of at least two major script changes that took place after this drama started airing.  Some of the spoilers, script changes mentioned were posted by MHIYD staff or someone who have actually read the synopsis and script.  Some of these spoilers were posted even before certain episode aired and that is how I knew that some of the spoilers were accurate.

The synopsis of this drama changed significantly since this drama received the approval, sponsors, time slot, and some of the main castings.  This sigficant change took place somewhere just before or after the final casting was done, with involvement of the productions companies.  In the original synopsis, it was supposed to be a love story between a young PD who is a son of CEO of a broadcasting company and Na Mirae.   Jung Yong Hwa was originally casted in the role of this young PD.  There are news articles that were released in Korean media early summer that confirm and back up my statement.

For whatever reason, the original synopsis went through a major change and we got what we had in the first four episodes of this drama.  During sometime around the airing of Ep 4, we did get a spoiler that the writer had already written scripts until Ep 12 and then discarded it completely.  Writer Hong is said to have rewritten the script at that time.  Before the rewrite, the Writer Hong already had Seju and Mirae dating.

After the revision, the Writer Hong completely deleted Seju and Mirae dating scenes altogether and added more of Kim Shin and Na Mirae scenes.  This revision took place sometime around Ep 4 airing.  I have more details on summary of the scenes before the revision of the script by the writer.  I'll share if anyone is interested.  I think that spoiler summary revealed by one of the staff is still posted at one of the Korean drama community sites.

Then, after the rating started to fall drastically.  When the rating hit around 4% mark, we've heard that they went into a bit of a panic mode at KBS.  We've heard that there might be another script changes.  That was after Ep 12 was aired.

I just wanted to share this information because I am tired of seeing that they added Seju scenes as a "fan service".  Actually, his scenes were decreased to give Kim Shin more screen time by the writer after the drama started.  She probably had to make some changes to the script in the end to try to keep the ratings from falling down even futher.  That is probably when more of Seju and Mirae scenes were added after Ep 12, to prevent the ratings from falling down even further.

As I've said, I've been following various Korean drama sites very closely even before this drama started, including Yoon Eun Hye Gallery, Jung Yong Hwa Gallery, and MHIYD Gallery but not limited to these sites.

The actual breakdown of this drama stated to happen when the writer tried to add more of Kim Shin and Na Mirae scenes even though the character Kim Shin has completely failed to win over Korean viewers.  The writer probably did want Kim Shin and Na Mirae ending and tried to force the Korean viewers to fall for Kim Shin and Na Mirae coupling by deleting Seju and Na Mirae dating scenes early on and adding more Kim Shin and Na Mirae scenes.

I read some people claiming that the writer was trying to do fan services, especially to JYH fans, by increasing Seju and Mirae scenes.  However, that isn't entirely accurate assessment.  The writer tried to decrease Seju and Mirae dating scenes to encourage viewers to like Kim Shin and Na Mirae coupling that she wanted to write.

However, when Kim Shin and Mirae couple failed to generate any support from Korean viewers and also when the rating started to fall drastically and reached a point where KBS no longer will tolerate dropping any further, the writer tried to get the viewers back by writing more Seju and Mirae scenes.   That late rewrite by the writer to add more Seju and Mirae scenes wasn't her way of trying to provide a fan service.  It was more the writer trying to keep the rating from dropping even further.

I just wanted to clarify that the writer didn't just add Seju and Mirae scenes at the last minute as a fan service.  The writer originally planned to have Seju and Mirae dating with Mirae getting interested in Kim Shin as well.  The writer revised that script she had written after the drama already started to air to delete all those Seju and Mirae dating scenes when the Korean viewers started to show more interest in Seju and Mirae coupling starting Ep 1.  The writer only went back to writing more Seju and Mirae scenes after the rating dropped to 4-5% and couldn't risk going down even further.

I also wanted to state the many of Korean Jung Yong Hwa fans didn't really support Seju/Mirae pairing.  The fact is that many of Korean JYH fans wanted Seju to just concentrate on building his media empire after Ep 5 and on.  So, the writer didn't really give Jung Yong Hwa's fan services by adding more Mirae/Seju scenes.  The writer continued on with that love triangle and, the fact is, that many of Korean JYH fans didn't want that love triangle to continue.

Anyone who can read Korean can go to JYH Gallery and MHIYD Gallery at DC Inside as well as various other drama sites and review past posts and comments there.  They'll see that it isn't actually JYH fans who make up the majority of Seju/Mirae fans. They'll also find out that the majority Korean fans of JYH have been calling for Seju to stay single for many episodes.  

The majority of Korean MHIYD have also been asking for an open-ended conclusions as well.  Many MHIYD fans also have been asking for Mirae to end up with anyone but Kim Shin.  These are not JYH fans.  One only has to review posts and comments at MHIYD Gallery to know that there are many more drama fans, and some YEH fans, who have been more supportive of Seju/Mirae pairing or an open-ended conclusion, not JYH fans.  If you know Korean, go and review and find out for yourself.

I am mentioning Korean viewers and fans responses in the post since it is probably Korean viewers' responses that the writer, KBS, and the production team probably monitor.

I know this drama failed many people's expectations.  However, I just didn't want to stay quiet and not say anything when things that aren't entirely accurate are being spread around overseas drama forums.

Guest angel0808

@kay77

In the original synopsis, it was supposed to be a love story between a young PD who is a son of CEO of a broadcasting company and Na Mirae.   Jung Yong Hwa was originally casted in the role of this young PD.  There are news articles that were released in Korean media early summer that confirm and back up my statement.

Thnx for that information..it means that the first news regarding a highlighted above is really true.Yeah i remember that article but JYH/FNC doesn't confirm it yet because the BOYS are busy with their weekly Blue Moon Tour. It means that Koala's blog before that JYH will be in staring role is also true.

Guest roshan90

I think YEH and JYH were the first to get casted.. and I thought the pairing is good.. :x
LDG got casted and someone told that YEH and LDG were the OTP. and I thought the pairing is good again.. :x
Becoz of bridal mask I liked HCA too..
WHATEVER THE POSSIBLE PAIRING by permutations and combinations or whatever all 4 pairings would have worked.
If the writer didnt know how to end, It would have been better to just let them all meet in a 4 way street and stare blankly at each other..
=)) 

Guest sillycuckoo

Yoon Eun Hye's hands are so pretty. lol, okay... I have been noticing that since ep 1 of this drama.
Especially her wrist. :bz

Loved JYH and YEH in the dinner scene. Good chemistry. LOL JYH clearly has Noona crush on her.

Guest sillycuckoo

Clearly clearly from the conversations Mirae is ending up with Seju.

If Mirae was going to accept Shin, she would have done that at their last meeting. At the park. She was hesitant. Why:
She was waiting for Seju, she wanted to learn to love Seju as much as he loves as her as said in the dinner scene.

While I would have hated it since I loved Shin-Mirae, it would have been better than this  vague ending.

i think the best option not to compromise a good script is to have another contract saying that there will be no revisions on the story as the cast sign up for the casting. it was what first drawn the actors and actresses for a particular drama and accepting the assigned roles be it the lead pairings or second leads. it is sad to know halfway that a certain character one has signed for [not to add the reason why they accept is because of the script] will be reduced to nothing. I think every actor wants to give their fans worthwhile dramas in thanking them for their support. MHIYD will be listed on each resumes and most people won't remember how they were good in acting their part but rather remember the drama as a whole and it's failure to satisfy the viewers. how sad!
edit: i think there should be post drama interview by the actors to know how they feel about the ending. maybe to enlighten me and give closure.

Guest izyanesa

Ok i dont want keep bashing the writer..she must had a hard time to decide since the four cast are suit with each other...i mean jyh look cute with yeh..and jyh also look hot beside hca...same with ldg.,he look charming beside yeh..and look good with hca... This drama make me realize that sometime if you love one with you first love you cant decide who to choose and end up writen book about it and smiley to both of them....hehe joke... And i think i will forget about my dream of lee seung gi and joo won act together as i afraid it wil be messed up when the writer cant decide who gonna be the first lead as both are her own lover...lol

Guest Qhaisar Rain

The first expression when I know about the ending...
1450800_577623798970133_40750753_n.jpg?o

Still confuse what's going on exactly... But then, when I realize, KS and other 3 of the casts didn't have a 'real' happy ending... 
My expression changes into this....
1484065_577623952303451_1546272384_o.jpg

(sorry I dunno how to resized image)
In the King 2 Heart, the writer-nim ruined my Eun Shi Kyung and here... She did the same for my fav character, Kim Shin.Maybe I have an ill fate with you writer-nim. oh... God!

Note: I said goodbye in the previous post. I can't believe myself for coming back here again. Haha... *sigh* whats wrong with me T_T

As has been said by someone earlier that "Actually MHIYD very interesting story lines but made with a messy scenario.

I have dreams meet with The PD nim and Writer-nim and ask to them for changed MHIYF SCENARIO as follow:

1. FMR part : just showed for episode 1 until episode 5 only : make information and try change her destiny or make mess everywhere for KS, SJ MR and YK

2. MR, SJ KS YK part

- episode 1-5 : they already meet with FMR....This episode had occurred at the meeting between them and starting make friendship / rivalry/ falling in love between them and

Make some mess everywhere.

- episode 6-11 : Showing each original charakter for how make decision for fix their problem and their destiny..

MR :A women who is lazy thinking, not having a clear purpose except as writer, short minded but willing to hardworking, naive hut beutiful..

YK : A Hardworking smart women , Had a very high dreams but little bit greedy, beutifull

KS : Handsome announcer, hardworking, very stubborn, sharp-tongued but idealist.

SJ : Handsome Heir grandson, smart rich man full talented, warmhearted and down to earth but sometime to be greedy man and cold hearted, using his power to get what

He wants.

- episode 12-16: Fix the problem :

SJ: not stubborn to his self , open his mind and realized that MR not loving him, not suitable to him as next Big company CEO, and open his heart for YK. And try hist best

make Good frienship and finally fall in love step by step.

YK : Realized her wrong attitude and changed toward good women inside and outside, smart women and make good determination for get SJ.

MR : Make detemination to change her mess live, trying her best make good desicion for her live and love. Make decision and draw line to SJ position and KS position into

Her heart.

KS : Someone who learning how to get women as a man, sweet and full attention. How to speak with good words and try his best to be someone more flexible....so solved

Problem without creating new problems and not just run away.

- Ending : MR the famous writer end up together to KS and SJ finally fall in love to famous female announcer YK.

YBS managerial by SJ CEO and supporting by KS as main anchor, MR brother as leader team......

3. The title drama : still keep "The future choice" : its means The best choice for the future by changing a bad thing for the better.

4. Everybody or every fans be happy .....so surely rating jump up to 25% level.............

5. Wake up......it just my dreams........hahahahak...

Everyone chinggu fighting and be happy......annyong. See you next drama

:)) :)) :)) :))

Guest izyanesa

fifiyon said: As has been said by someone earlier that "Actually MHIYD very interesting story lines but made with a messy scenario. I have dreams meet with The PD nim and Writer-nim and ask to them for changed MHIYF SCENARIO as follow: 1. FMR part : just showed for episode 1 until episode 5 only : make information and try change her destiny or make mess everywhere for KS, SJ MR and YK 2. MR, SJ KS YK part - episode 1-5 : they already meet with FMR....This episode had occurred at the meeting between them and starting make friendship / rivalry/ falling in love between them and Make some mess everywhere. - episode 6-11 : Showing each original charakter for how make decision for fix their problem and their destiny.. MR :A women who is lazy thinking, not having a clear purpose except as writer, short minded but willing to hardworking, naive hut beutiful.. YK : A Hardworking smart women , Had a very high dreams but little bit greedy, beutifull KS : Handsome announcer, hardworking, very stubborn, sharp-tongued but idealist. SJ : Handsome Heir grandson, smart rich man full talented, warmhearted and down to earth but sometime to be greedy man and cold hearted, using his power to get what He wants. - episode 12-16: Fix the problem : SJ: not stubborn to his self , open his mind and realized that MR not loving him, not suitable to him as next Big company CEO, and open his heart for YK. And try hist best make Good frienship and finally fall in love step by step. YK : Realized her wrong attitude and changed toward good women inside and outside, smart women and make good determination for get SJ. MR : Make detemination to change her mess live, trying her best make good desicion for her live and love. Make decision and draw line to SJ position and KS position into Her heart. KS : Someone who learning how to get women as a man, sweet and full attention. How to speak with good words and try his best to be someone more flexible....so solved Problem without creating new problems and not just run away. - Ending : MR the famous writer end up together to KS and SJ finally fall in love to famous female announcer YK. YBS managerial by SJ CEO and supporting by KS as main anchor, MR brother as leader team...... 3. The title drama : still keep "The future choice" : its means The best choice for the future by changing a bad thing for the better. 4. Everybody or every fans be happy .....so surely rating jump up to 25% level............. 5. Wake up......it just my dreams........hahahahak... Everyone chinggu fighting and be happy......annyong. See you next drama :)) :)) :)) :))

I wanted to follow DC early on but the atmosphere was just so crazy that i stopped going there so i would have no idea what happened before or during the course of the drama... I did read bits and pieces from here and there how some LDG fans were saying things that angered other ppl on DC mirae but as i said i didnt really follow what happened. I did go after ep 16 ended and read some posts there that were quite hostile to ppl who suggested MR ended up with KS or wanted MR to end up with KS. I do feel that there was a big group of ppl who supported MR-SJ. I dont know whose fans supported who and i dont really want to know. What I do know is that noone was happy with how the story ended up.
As a writer, whatever her circumstances were, her responsibility is to deliver a good story. The average viewer who is not a fan of anyone and is just sitting in front of the TV doesnt know and probably doesnt care what happened. Poor writing cannot be justified by external factors. If she believed that increasing SJ-MR scenes was the solution to keep the ratings from falling further than she should have totally gone that way. What i have a problem with is that fact that she couldnt commit herself to either ship and sank both instead. She could have developed the story so that we see how MR starts having feelings for SJ, or how at least MR is happier that she is away from KS. But this didnt happen, instead, we got a MR who was unhappy and kind of just went with the flow, undecided over her feelings. Even in the last ep 16, the writer did not give up the possibility of MR choosing KS. Why? She could have done so much more than just have the story to a stand still in the second half of the series. 
I've never blamed anything on anyone except the writer. Our actors are all innocent. DONT CONFUSE THE FANS WITH THE ACTUAL ACTOR. What the fans do or what the fans want, or what ppl think fans want, or the adjustments the production company, writer, TV station. whatever makes due to outside influences do not reflect the actual cast. I totally understand that and therefore have nothing against any of the cast. I know there are many factors which may affect the production of the drama during its course, and i'm sure there is a story behind every drama that we may never even hear about but at the end of the day, the drama is what the public sees and that's what the ppl behind the scenes should be responsible for. The writer could be under alot of pressure from multiple parties but if she was competent, she could have very well changed the storyline but still have given us a story.
I will remember this drama as one where there was no story, one where the plot went nowhere for half the drama, with an ending that just stayed in the same place. I dont think i will ever watch anything else by her unless it's written together with her sister. One of the biggest drama disappointments ever for me, especially because I consider TK2H as one of the best, if not the best drama of 2012.

Archived