[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Guest lettykay

I do think some scenes are fanservice but I actually do think that some scenes make sense.
I think they are trying to show the shift and change in their relationship, the scenes that @Lmangla mentioned I have also noticed that there are some moments when he is slighty nice to her and all of a sudden he just has these angry fits, I think with revenge not on his mind anymore he doesnt really know how to act around her.
The thing is even MH himself has started to notice their relationship is weird and doesnt make any sense, the breakfast scene showed this one minute he is ok and just eating breakfast with her, YJ smiles then it is like something suddenly clicks that it wasnt right and he is back to being mean and he suddenly leaves.

i know i should hate DH...but his character fascinates me. i think i am waiting for more... what more he will do, how many lies he will tell, and at the end, will he regret all about YJ. it's easy to say he is a fake one, but it's more than that. 

Lmangla said: the OTP scenes are not only funny but weird. its so weird that even characters in the drama think it is bizarre.

SY does not understand why MH would invite YJ and have a drink with her. their interactions are not spewing with venom, instead its almost like they are a man and woman. as SY points out, first it is surgery for her father and now, the bakery loan. if we think about it from her perspective, it is strange. why would these two interact unless as SY points out that if YJ is shameless. because YJ is Ji Hee's killer according to MH...

even for DH, it is weird. if I was a maid in MH's house and watching YJ being dragged by MH, I would never guess at their true relationship. since I re-watched that scene several times, I noticed something rather interesting -- YJ actually does not try to really break his hold on her hand by pulling her hand away -- which is what you would normally do; instead, she puts her hand on his forearm to kind of stop him from walking, to listen to her. he instead keeps walking and they keep chatting. the way they chat -- from an outsider perspective, it would look like they are in a kind of relationship. also, he is not holding her hands aggressively -- as in, she is holding his back and so its not like she is just passive. when she sees DH, it takes her a good while to realize that she is still holding MH's hands. when MH walks away with her, there is almost no resistance from her till they are in the bar.

while these are great OTP scenes, it is still a tad strange for both of them; at least with MH, we know that he is obsessed and stalking her -- that is pretty much open. but what is going on with YJ?

Just finished ep7 with sub. I think ahjumma is MH's real mom. Noticed how her face changed when MH said that she waited for his mom death? I think she is indeed her real mother, she was his dad's mistresses and get pregnant but later gives his son to dad's wife, the one MH think his real mom. hmmm. Another thing is when MH's sister said ahjumma is like a stepmom, her face changed too. I curious about MH's family.
As for DH, I began to hate him a lot now! When he caught YJ in MH's house and had a conversation w/ her outside, he said he's worried. But to me, he's not worried because of YJ. He's just worried that YJ will blocked his path to his career success. He's afraid MH will know about the real things happened. And when he tried to do some pick-up lines to SY, I find it really annoying! OMG! How could he said he want to steal SY from MH with that face? Ergghh I hate him (but I love BSB I swear :)>-)
edit - for those who want to live-stream this link works for me http://tv.exitoostore.com/2013/06/tv-online-kbs2-v5-hq.html#.Ul_MXvmJWLm 70 minutes and less until ep8!

cynkdf said: @Lmangla, awesome post (and not for the first time).  DH's character is complex - and a role which is very difficult to play, which is why BSB said it's a role an actor must attempt at least once.  
How far can we trust the character descriptions?
http://english.kbs.co.kr/tv/characters.html?tv_code=21

An Do-hoon  Character: Bae Soo-bin

It seemed he could accomplish his longed-for dream to be a happy father…

Due to the fatal choice on the happiest day in his life, Do-hoon is faced with a cruel fate.

Unquote

Does "happiest day in his life" refer to his being offered a job as prosecutor or his love for YJ, thus his proposal to her on that fateful day  Does "happy father'  mean that he would not be one who'd harm his baby son?

@jun-soo, you know what - sometimes I think that clever writer is toying with us. Never occurred to me that wicked stepmother could be MH's real mum so when this possibility was brought up, I went to look at her character description (thanks to the wonderful folks at Baidu Secret):
FwlEqZU.jpg

Her age is stated as 45: now is that 45 four years ago or now? If she's 49 now, then she could be MH's real mum. If she's 45 now (he's 31) then it's unlikely MH is her son.

@Lmangla, while I am happy for BSB that he's got such a meaty role (now we know why he postponed his  honeymoon :)), I sometimes ask myself why it couldn't be a role where he's NOT Public Enemy No: 1?

rain719 said:

since YJ does not know the "real" circumstances yet - MH blocked her parole using DH, MH out for revenge, MH may have had a hand in YJ's son being taken away from her - and because she owes him a lot of money, YJ is being nice and polite..... let's wait until she finds out the truth..... if she is still "nice and polite" to MH, then we have the usual tagged kdama heroine cum martyr cum stupid!

I am so hooked on this drama. Here are some of my random thoughts about where the drama is at right now:
I have a feeling in ep 8 when MH shakes YJ and asks her if she looked at the body and walked away, she may actually say yes just to lash out in a moment of defiance and hurt him. Right now she believes he is responsible for the death of her child. (we know better) She really hates him and believes that her ex fiance is a great guy and she will preserve his secret. Also, it would make sense for her to consider that MH is inadvertently responsible for her father's death. One could argue, it was the eviction that had him all out of sorts and wandering around.
Overall the list of things MH is going to flash back on and feel lousy about is mounting. When he realizes she is innocent, he is going to remember all of her suffering and how she just took the blame without saying a word. 
As for DH I think the show has done a good job of keeping him a bit ambiguous. It was implied in his conversation with his parents that he intends to social climb because he felt powerless to help YJ. It's hard to know just how much he is evil. Having said that, I hate his guts. Particularly since he treated YJ like such garbage at the police station in ep 7. How dare he treat her so badly after all she did for him. He said to the rich snobby girl (bird lady) that he wanted to help someone but it was too late. It is NOT too late to help YJ. She is bereft and alone and he never really put much effort into helping her at all. When he reminded her that it was HER idea to break up, I was wishing she would yell "And you're the guy who was only too happy to comply." 
In my opinion, DH never loved YJ. Remember his reluctant lame proposal? He was going to marry her because she put in the time. That is how it seemed. I think his love for her has grown over the years, as much as someone like him CAN love. I hope it hurt when he saw her holding hands with MH. DH and MH would have disliked each other under any circumstances. If you'll excuse the expression, the pissing contest they had over the pasta dinner was about status, power and a female who wasn't even there. 
How annoying is the rich evil girl? She has been complaining about that dang song and harping on how terrible it was that he wasn't there. Look lady, he got called away, things happen get over it. It's not like you were charged with a crime you didn't commit, threatened by thugs, burned, lost your entire family and had a weasel of a fiance who was off comforting some other girl over a SONG she can't even sing! Its' not like MH was going to hear that tune and suddenly become less apathetic. ugh, this girl is relentless and I think even though she has rearranged her arranged marriage, she is insecure and nuts enough that she will go so far as to hide evidence if it means keeping him from finding out YJ is innocent. 
I think the web of lies and misunderstandings is going to get more tangled before it begins to unravel and the show will frustrate us a bit more before we see any resolve. But the show is so good, no matter the pace, I am along for the ride. 

OY77v9.jpg
Lovin this drama so far. Great performance by all of the actors/actresses, especially Bae Soo Bin and Hwang Jung Eum. Thank you guys for all the wonderful (and sometimes funny) insights on this thread. Keep it up! 

I have read few posts today regarding San and MH.

I am also very doubtful that MH has sth to do with San being taken away. What makes me doubtful is the fact that he wanted DH to give her 'not passed vote'. There is no meaning in taking care by creating problem which would lead to this result. There would probably be 'no fun' in it for him.
But until yesterday's episode I haven't thought that DH would have sth to do with it, either.

I am very interested how it will be led further by the writer.

@Lmangla
you just had to say it huh???? I was expecting @moodypie to comment on "deh" ...... I've no issue with that but c'mon, A Hundred Years Inheritance was a wonderful drama (of course I'm biased because the male lead is so gorgeous and with a great skin and little makeup so I have selective amnesia) - no drama has beaten its ratings yet!!  though some of the characters were really trash (for us), it was the local older audience that gave the drama its very high ratings at 30%++  so when a drama has high ratings, over 25% is the bar.......

getsuya said: I have read few posts today regarding San and MH.

I am also very doubtful that MH has sth to do with San being taken away. What makes me doubtful is the fact that he wanted DH to give her 'not passed vote'. There is no meaning in taking care by creating problem which would lead to this result. There would probably be 'no fun' in it for him.
But until yesterday's episode I haven't thought that DH would have sth to do with it, either.

I am very interested how it will be led further by the writer.

abbysomeone said: I am so hooked on this drama. Here are some of my random thoughts about where the drama is at right now:
I have a feeling in ep 8 when MH shakes YJ and asks her if she looked at the body and walked away, she may actually say yes just to lash out in a moment of defiance and hurt him. Right now she believes he is responsible for the death of her child. (we know better) She really hates him and believes that her ex fiance is a great guy and she will preserve his secret. Also, it would make sense for her to consider that MH is inadvertently responsible for her father's death. One could argue, it was the eviction that had him all out of sorts and wandering around.
Overall the list of things MH is going to flash back on and feel lousy about is mounting. When he realizes she is innocent, he is going to remember all of her suffering and how she just took the blame without saying a word. 
As for DH I think the show has done a good job of keeping him a bit ambiguous. It was implied in his conversation with his parents that he intends to social climb because he felt powerless to help YJ. It's hard to know just how much he is evil. Having said that, I hate his guts. Particularly since he treated YJ like such garbage at the police station in ep 7. How dare he treat her so badly after all she did for him. He said to the rich snobby girl (bird lady) that he wanted to help someone but it was too late. It is NOT too late to help YJ. She is bereft and alone and he never really put much effort into helping her at all. When he reminded her that it was HER idea to break up, I was wishing she would yell "And you're the guy who was only too happy to comply." 
In my opinion, DH never loved YJ. Remember his reluctant lame proposal? He was going to marry her because she put in the time. That is how it seemed. I think his love for her has grown over the years, as much as someone like him CAN love. I hope it hurt when he saw her holding hands with MH. DH and MH would have disliked each other under any circumstances. If you'll excuse the expression, the pissing contest they had over the pasta dinner was about status, power and a female who wasn't even there. 
How annoying is the rich evil girl? She has been complaining about that dang song and harping on how terrible it was that he wasn't there. Look lady, he got called away, things happen get over it. It's not like you were charged with a crime you didn't commit, threatened by thugs, burned, lost your entire family and had a weasel of a fiance who was off comforting some other girl over a SONG she can't even sing! Its' not like MH was going to hear that tune and suddenly become less apathetic. ugh, this girl is relentless and I think even though she has rearranged her arranged marriage, she is insecure and nuts enough that she will go so far as to hide evidence if it means keeping him from finding out YJ is innocent. 
I think the web of lies and misunderstandings is going to get more tangled before it begins to unravel and the show will frustrate us a bit more before we see any resolve. But the show is so good, no matter the pace, I am along for the ride.