acne scars fading awfully slow ):

Guest Skippergirl

Guest originalai

Please stop using the skin whitening products. Don't even think about facial peels or exfoliating. Your skin looks irritated and peels or exfoliating might make your skin worse. If you are using skin whitening products, they are probably causing the skin redness because such products usually contain abrasive ingredients that your skin cant handle because it is thin from maybe exfoliating. This is from my own experience of when I used to have acne and scarring. Try to give your skin a rest and calm down the redness first! It will be a lot easier to fade the scars when your skin is not irritated.

Are you using a chemical or physical sunscreen? Chemical sunscreens may react badly to some people's skins and may cause irritation or worse. I always check infredients to make sure that my makeup, moisturizer, sunscreen, etc don't contain chemical sunscreens because I always get acne, redness, and even skin burning from them.

Also, importantly, use moisturizer everyday! It will keep your skin from getting dry and in turn help heal irritation and scars quicker. You don't need any special moisturizer. For now, a simple one will work fine as long as it hydrates the skin. Simplying your skin regime will help you calm the skin and when you decide to introduce new products or treatments one-by-one, you will be able to easier identify what products are causing irritation, acne, etc. When you get the redness under control, you can move on to other moisturizers with other properties if you really want.

In reality, time will be the most effective in healing your scars as long as you don't unnecessarily mess with it by putting harmful products and treatments on your skin. Goodluck!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Guest lasereast

Mederma gel is extremely effective in minimizing the ugly appearance of acne scars. well, that is because this gel is rich in both aloe vera and onion.

Guest itswinniechu

whatever you do!  stop using whitening products! your skin is on its healing mode and YOU REALLY need to stop using stuff with high chemical in it! its only going to harm your skin even more! what i advise for you to do is first get a clearisonic!!! it;; make you break out the first few time of use, but i can promise you, it'll get better because its taking away all your bad pores! since you are more toward the acne side, ill advise you to use "the body shop TEA TREE line" it does wonder. i have to have horrible skin! i rather stay indoor than to go out door. anyways back to the topic mix your wash with water and apply onto your face than use the cleaisonic all around TWICE, thats what i do. until the timer is off. then ill wash off with water "dont use a towel, its bad for the skin" let it dry or pat dry it. apply the tea tree toner. then use the moisturizer. but i ALWAYS add a drop or two of VITAMIN E oil on it the more IU the better. it has proven that vitamin e heals scar. i use to break out on my jawline area. and i had so many bad scar, but now. its flawless. only took me 3-4 weeks! use a tea tree mask once a week! goodluck! 

I think some if the products mentioned from above sounds great.But for some that want to try natural ingredients:
Ginger Face Mask
help increasing blood circulation and make it heal faster. 
1/2 Teaspoon ginger powder1 Spoon honey1 Spoon water
Wash it off 10-15 minutes after.
Will feel a little warm, because of the ginger.

Guest BayByOjaH

4317.lg.jpgThis product from Arbonne is AMAZING*... I know so many people who have tried this and seen huge results in 2 months. It's only $95 for a 2 month supply. Ask me how you can get 20% off of that~ 

Guest ametsab

There are tonssssss of Youtube videos with beauty gurus that will help you. All you have to do is do the research. One of my favorite Youtuber is Michelle Phan, but you'll have to go look at her older videos to find the ones that helps with flaws on the face. Another one is lifeofabionerd, she's totally awesome!

Guest ayurvedant

Acne, medically known as Acne Vulgaris, is a skin disease that involves the oil glands at the base of hair follicles. It becomes our face very ugly. But Pearls Face Pack is a moisturizing therapy.It is an intensive moisturizing therapy with aloe Vera, honey, crushed pearls, avocado and glycerine. Honey is an intensive moisturizer that hydrates the skin. Using of this product our face become very beautiful.For more details please visit this site http://www.ayurvedant.com/kumari-pearls-face-pack.html

I've never had bad break outs or battles with Acne but there are like...facial washes out there that help fight it. I found a really good one that reduced acne was Clearasil... I don't think I spelt that right but I used it and it helped a lot even though my acne was very little. There are also other shower washes that can help clean your skin and not damage it as much as soap. I'm not skin expert or beauty expert so I'm just dishing out my opinion and personal experience.

I do know that there are creams you can buy that help fades scars quicker, with these you have to apply them on a regular basis and I'll have to ask my dad what they are for you. I'm not sure if they work as well with Acne but you can have a try, just all in all there are many ways to can help reduce acne...not so much speed up the fading process. This includes:

1. Facial washes
2. Healthy Diet - avoid eating too many fatty and oily foods cause they're the one of the bigger influences on Acne break outs.3. If you have black heads or something of the sort...scrub them with a facial sponge with facial wash on it. Trust me it'll make your skin feel a lot cleaner and help reduce the visibility of black heads.4. If you use a lot of make up and the likes make sure you get it off properly5. Don't pick at any scabs or sores...I know with my skin it scars easily and picking at any sores only makes the scaring darker and worse.

Guest jessicaparker

Use aloe vera this is effective to get rid of acne without leaving any scars or blemishes. although it could take few months to give you flawless and radiant skin; its worth trying considering the low price and easy availability. you can also prepare the facial mask using the baking soda and water to treat acne without having any inflammation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest chrisstina

You should also try skin products containing AHA and BHA, they are chemical exfoliants and will help with hyperpigmentation. Just be sure to wear sunscreen while using them because it makes your skin more sensitive. 

Guest blubear905

Natural remedy: lemon juice! It has tons of naturally occurring vitamin C and AHAs. All you have to do is cut a wedge of lemon and use a q-tip to dip the juice from the lemon and dab onto your scars. Make sure the pimple has already healed before you apply the lemon juice. Leave on overnight and wash off in the morning. Do it every other night for two weeks. It will sting initially. Lemon juice may also potentially dry out your skin so dont apply all over your face. make sure to use SPF moisturizer as your skin will become photosensitive from the lemon acid/peel and that could cause sunburn if you dont protect with high SPF. Good luck!

Guest ManuellaM

from personal experience, every type of face will respond in a diferent way to methods of cleaning your face from scars. if i were you i wouldnt be using random products as they can get you to more acne. for example, if you have oily prone skin, but you exfoliate with let´s say..honey and corn flour. you will probably end up with pimples, and more oil. for scars to disappear they need abrasive techniques so that the skin is forced to regenerate faster. but the method of abrasion is key to getting rid of the scars. for instance, for my oily skin i needed retinol a with some other acids, and go to the dermatologist once a month for professional cleaning of my face.  

• 2 months later...
Guest jolive213

I wonder that dermatologist is unable to help you in one year too... I know how we feel after having such problems...I suggest you to visit Jarvis Cosmetics at JARVISCOSMETICS DOT COM...Their products Jarvis Cream & Serum are are awesome. Jarvis Cream helps skin invulnerable framework to be at the most healthiest condition and Jarvis Serum enter through skin; actuate the dead platelets with the goal that the blood can stream unreservedly once more. It is first skin care product that is targeting skin immune system. Having healthiest skin immune system is the key of soft, healthy and glowing skin…I am sure it will help you... Good Luck

Guest kiki_725

I've found using REN glycolactic radiance renewal mask followed by avene's soothing moisture mask has really helped my skin. I also use La Roche Posay's effaclar duo+ Its amazing! It is anti perfections and anti marks. It clears up acne in just a few days (new spots)

• 1 month later...

scars will fade with time. i had a lot of acne scars on my face. i tried bio oil, clinique even better skin tone serum thingy, apple cider vinegar, mederma...recently got murad's post acne lightening thing and it's working decently well but you have to realize that these things will take a few months of using and it's not going to be overnight magic dont bother splurging too much til your skin is completely acne free otherwise its going to be a costly cycle 

Archived