acne scars fading awfully slow ):

Guest Skippergirl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarisonic 2-3 times a week for exfoliation helped. I think over time, a lot of dead skin cells/scars started rubbing off and fading. I would definitely try that out :)
Although I didn't see any effects (probably because I didn't use it for longer than a week), lemon juice supposedly helps, acting as a natural bleach to lighten

A healthy diet improve the skin regeneration. I remember when I stucked on a unhealthy diet to loose weight. I ate so less food, almost nothing. The scars fade awfully slowly. Now I eat a lot, but I have lost weight though, it's all about a healthy diet to loose weight..To hunger is not the right way. The most scars are not visible anymore.

Guest jolive213

apply lemon juice twice a day and aloe vera once a day...better if you apply aloe vera in night before going to bad... Also I suggest to apply it on complete face and massage for 2-3 minutes and wash after 20 minutes...
I am sure it will help you...

Guest mishcheungx

I'm having the same problem now >,< I'm currently using a derma roller, along with whitening/brightening products to help fade them ^^I really recommend the derma roller (although it hurts a bit) and a serum i found to help fade the scars and brighten my skin is Holika Holika's One Solution Whitening Ampoule (I reviewed it here http://mishcheungx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/holika-holika-one-solution-whitening.html). ^___^ 

Guest juchocho

I personally recommend you to visit a doctor and get a prescription for Amoxicillin.  It's a medicine that makes your impurity go away faster.  But the doctor will tell you to stop it after your skin is completely flawless because it could lower your immune system.  But this really works and it worked for me so I strongly suggest it : D hope you good luck!

Guest runpumppump

I've had acne scars on my back for years and pimples spring out every now and then... I've tried aloe vera but it just does not work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest koreanlotus

blubear905 said: Natural remedy: lemon juice! It has tons of naturally occurring vitamin C and AHAs. All you have to do is cut a wedge of lemon and use a q-tip to dip the juice from the lemon and dab onto your scars. Make sure the pimple has already healed before you apply the lemon juice. Leave on overnight and wash off in the morning. Do it every other night for two weeks. It will sting initially. Lemon juice may also potentially dry out your skin so dont apply all over your face. make sure to use SPF moisturizer as your skin will become photosensitive from the lemon acid/peel and that could cause sunburn if you dont protect with high SPF. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Try OST Vitamin C serum, it contains pure vitamin C like it claimed. There are many good reviews about it on google. It kinda take long time to fading acne scar. But it makes my face more supple! :) So it is worth to try.

I have tried SKII FTE. It is so popular. It fades the scar faster than OST. But it contains paraben. :( So I stop using it.

• 1 year later...

So... I haven't grown a pimple in about two weeks but the scars, even the two or three month old scars are super slow at fading away =_= I even have some that are 5 months or older!!!
heres a picture I took today... like 10 minutes ago.... my skin is super pale which makes the redness x10000000 worse!!IMG_0018.jpg
I already do most of the skin whitening regime stuff, put sunscreen 50 times everyday, eat more healthy, hide from the sun blah blah blah etcIs there any more  scar reducing /fading secrets out there? Or do you think my skin is bad enough to just go do a $300+ chemical peel? T.T
EDITED: I forgot to say that Ive been going to the dermatologist for about 1 year already... they don't really help you with these scars since they aren't that big of a deal?

I feel that each skin type is different. What works for one may not work for the other. My sister and I had red acne scars. She tried a few home remedies and all the scars vanished. But for me the scar became worse. I did a laser treatment at The centre for Dermatology and managed to get rid of most of it. Don't lose hope. Keep trying and drink lots of water.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been using dermalmd scar serum for acne scars on my face that I've had for 7 or more years. I've used it 5 times before bed so far and my scars have reduced dramatically (like 60%). Nothing has ever worked like this before. HIGHLY recommended!!

Try the products from Banish. They have products both for acne and acne scars, and other skin issues. I really wanted to try this for the longest time since they use natural/organic products and that's what's important to me.

I saved money in order to buy their products and now I have them. No regrets!:heart:

• 2 months later...

I used dermalmd scar serum to help fade acne scars and it helped a lot and I saw results in as little as a week (and that coming from someone with old and bad scarring). I stopped using this because my face eventually got to used to it so it wasn't as effective, but I'm going to start again because it helped a lot!

Archived