[Drama 2013-14] You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star ★ 별에서 온 그대

Maetawinz

Hi,
Does anyone know if the island from the picture on the hall of their apartment is 19 episod's island? (I read somewhere here, that the crew said that the picture has a meaning and is a hint for the ending).
I wonder if we are not misleading by the hypothesis that he will die if not go on his planet? 
This was an ideea of the doctor from 1600, that the equilibrum of life is in how energy flows, and in his case there is not such things; but the origin of life is in Ying and Yang, so now, when there is a person which he can unite , I don't know if this hypothesis is still true. Love can be as powerfull as Death, so we don't really know if love's unity (Ying and Yang) is not enough powerfull to not let him die on long term, but also not so powerfull as making him not to die at all. 

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jcon1208

aidsincera said:
jshen312 said: safiresea said: I'm sorry guys...this might be a little out of line......but I can't help shake this feeling.  The part where they film them eating noddles and then she took his picture.  The look in her eyes, is very hauntingly real....like as if she's JJH and not CSY.  It almost feels like the impending sadness of never working with KSH again, the way she look at him and at his picture like she want to treasure that moment so much....well CSY character's suppose to feel the same way about DMJ but...I just have that eerie feeling.  Maybe I'm just going mad.  And then......at the kissing scene, when she's saying all this stuff to DMJ, right before the kiss...her face look like "Oh richard simmons, why do I feel like this" right before his lips meet her...and there's this feeling, this look of star-crossed resignation like "oh-god I can't believe this"....that just seems TOO FRIGIN REAL.
.....AND YES I fully anticipate KSH taking full advantage of "his" woman with all out open mouth kiss....time is definitely running out (not just for DMJ & CSY but for KSH & JJK as well) and they will have to go back to reality in one weeks time.  I think too, the camera and editing may have omit a lot that we do not get to see ;)  I know I'm so bad, I shouldn't be like this.  Dear God, just so you know...I hold marriage vows with the highest respect and honor.  But....and really I'm not saying I'm shipping them in real life.  But.....I just can't wrap my head around the reasoning for WHY they are so naturally....well, their chemistry with each other is so raw and honest.....ARE THEY JUST REALLY THAT GOOD?!?!!!?

This was a deeply satisfying episode, everything felt right. It fitted so perfectly that I'm now more worried than ever about the extra episode. This one felt perfectly penultimate, what they will fill the extra with I don't know. For now though, I am just going to savour the perfectly natural chemistry of our OTP, from Song Yi's matter of fact acceptance of having 7 kids to Min John's beautiful, tender singing on the beach. It's a little strange, but I was so content with the warm happy feel of this episode that even though I knew well in advance how it would end, I would not even have been upset if the Drama ended right there. Of course it didn't, so my hopes for a truly, unambiguously happy ending for our star-crossed lovers remain intact.

I'm sure this has already been asked, but I'm on my phone and scrolling through literally two thousand comments would be nightmarish so I hope it's okay to ask: Who played the potter who made the vase Song Yi broke? I know I've seen him before, but even more than his face, I know that I know his voice, and it's bugging me that my old, stupid brain can't place him. I am certain that I will be very embarrassed when some kind soul gives me the answer. Thanks!

stuartjmz said: This was a deeply satisfying episode, everything felt right. It fitted so perfectly that I'm now more worried than ever about the extra episode. This one felt perfectly penultimate, what they will fill the extra with I don't know. For now though, I am just going to savour the perfectly natural chemistry of our OTP, from Song Yi's matter of fact acceptance of having 7 kids to Min John's beautiful, tender singing on the beach. It's a little strange, but I was so content with the warm happy feel of this episode that even though I knew well in advance how it would end, I would not even have been upset if the Drama ended right there. Of course it didn't, so my hopes for a truly, unambiguously happy ending for our star-crossed lovers remain intact. I'm sure this has already been asked, but I'm on my phone and scrolling through literally two thousand comments would be nightmarish so I hope it's okay to ask: Who played the potter who made the vase Song Yi broke? I know I've seen him before, but even more than his face, I know that I know his voice, and it's bugging me that my old, stupid brain can't place him. I am certain that I will be very embarrassed when some kind soul gives me the answer. Thanks!

@stuartjmz the potter's played by Ryu Seung Ryong.

I've just completed episode 19 and can't control my feels. Everything was beautiful and yet it was so bittersweet. I had my laughters from ep 18, but 19 left me completely speechless. I didn't cry, but there was this unexplained emptiness that swept over me as I'm typing this right now. This must be the pre-withdrawal phase. This feeling sucks. Sigh.

On a happier note, I'm just so mesmerized by KSH's voice. Aside from that, anyone else thinks the OST was just breathtakingly amazing towards the end? I'll try to make a banner with the screenshots tomorrow..but for now, I must sleep to forget this feeling. -__-

aidsincera said:
jshen312 said: safiresea said: I'm sorry guys...this might be a little out of line......but I can't help shake this feeling.  The part where they film them eating noddles and then she took his picture.  The look in her eyes, is very hauntingly real....like as if she's JJH and not CSY.  It almost feels like the impending sadness of never working with KSH again, the way she look at him and at his picture like she want to treasure that moment so much....well CSY character's suppose to feel the same way about DMJ but...I just have that eerie feeling.  Maybe I'm just going mad.  And then......at the kissing scene, when she's saying all this stuff to DMJ, right before the kiss...her face look like "Oh richard simmons, why do I feel like this" right before his lips meet her...and there's this feeling, this look of star-crossed resignation like "oh-god I can't believe this"....that just seems TOO FRIGIN REAL.
.....AND YES I fully anticipate KSH taking full advantage of "his" woman with all out open mouth kiss....time is definitely running out (not just for DMJ & CSY but for KSH & JJK as well) and they will have to go back to reality in one weeks time.  I think too, the camera and editing may have omit a lot that we do not get to see ;)  I know I'm so bad, I shouldn't be like this.  Dear God, just so you know...I hold marriage vows with the highest respect and honor.  But....and really I'm not saying I'm shipping them in real life.  But.....I just can't wrap my head around the reasoning for WHY they are so naturally....well, their chemistry with each other is so raw and honest.....ARE THEY JUST REALLY THAT GOOD?!?!!!?

Thanks to @doramaluv and @livEvil for cluing me in. I was right to say I would be embarrassed when I found out! Although the only other thing I've seen him in was Personal Taste, so I don't feel TOO bad. :-)

Guest aejhae143

safiresea said: After much thought, here's a scenario I thought of:  WHAT IF....
MJ & SY did have a one night of love as the desperation of separation is looming near and MJ just doesn't care about the consequences anymore.  Then one day, DMJ just doesn't show up anymore.  He may have disappear like in the vision (but in actuality he's coming back as a human-self).  SY then later found out that she's pregnant, is heart broken but continue to live her life treasuring the gift MJ left behind for her.  She's still very good friend with HK, he tried again to propose to her when he found out she's pregnant to protect her but she refuses.  Then one day (don't know how long) MJ came back looking for SY as a "new" man.  He waited for her at her place and got nervous when she's approaching so he hides in a corner somewhere and see that she was joking a laughing with HK, and she's walking with a little girl (or boy)....and in his eyes they look like a beautiful family.  Heart-broken MJ couldn't face her anymore and is devastated.  He continue secretly following her around because he's so love-sick and missing her.  And one of those time, she thought she saw someone that looked just like him (when it really is him).  She was elated and in a panic manner trying to chase him down, calling out his name.  He turns around to face her but pretends like he doesn't know who she is and that she got the wrong person.  But SY was not fooled, then out from behind her came the little girl (or boy) and immediate jump into his arms calling him "daddy! you came back for us just like what mom says".  MJ had tears and shock in his eyes looked at SY for a long time while hugging the child tightly.  SY would look at him with tears in her eyes and said...."you know how long I waited for you, you bad, bad man".  Than ran over to him and kiss him passionately (kikikiki, my wish inserted here).  "You're never going to leave my side again, ever, araso?"  We later found out she had all their precious pictures display all over the house and she would tell stories to the kid about who their father is and where he come from.  And we get an explanation why and how he turned human.
Then we see some hilarious family bliss with even more kids running amuck and at night they climb into bed with each other.  MJ look intently at her and said "I think we should make another baby".  SY will be like "what?  5 is not ENOUGH for you???"  And then MJ is like, "didn't I said 7 to you before?"  And she's like, "I THOUGHT YOU WERE JOKING!!!"  Then he gave her a wide grin.  SY smiled up at him and told him to say it to her again and he said "aren't you tired of it after all these years?"  And she impishly look at him and said "nope, NEVER!"...he smiled down at her sweetly and said "Saranghe Song Yi-ahh".....and he swoop down for the last kiss....................THE END.

Yup, that's how it's going down.  Director/Writer, please take note!!!!

I think the reason why the writer ‘let’ DMJ exposed his identity is because she’s preparing the reason for him not to be able to stay on earth anymore .. DMJ must leave .. or he’ll be hunt forever .. I believe he will comeback .. and I believe he will leave SY with little minion .. and they are in the process of making that cute little minion that will have DMJ soulful eyes and SY beauty .. she’ll be as cheeky as her mom ..  DMJ will come back after everything settle down .. may be SY no longer in the industry so she won’t be in the public eyes anymore … may be during those period they still keep in contact .. like skype may be?? Hiihi huhu haha .. ya ya bad joke .. anywayyyyy .. lets not lose hope … aja aja.. 
BTW – Huh,,, I want to say this those that vouch not to lurk in this thread  … WELL.. GOOD LUCK !!!  oooo boyyy I tried and I fail miserably everytime … I tried for th 343 times not to come in here .. and lookie lookie .. I am writing nonsense like every 45 minutes????
Tell me if you gals manage to stay away from this thread .. teach me the ‘craft’

MellaN said: aidsincera said:

OH GOD i just said "Happy 700th page" 2 days ago and nowI'm ready to say HAPPY 800TH PAGE 1 more week to go, i'll miss all of u here and our couple *cry-ing in the corner"HAPPY ENDING may heal my heart, if not, i'll give writer-nim nightmares MUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest janeunbi

blink16 said: 1. Episode 19 was an emotional roller coaster ride for me. There were tears, a lot of em. :((
2. The scene in which HK had to set his in-denial father straight and played the recording was heart-wrenching. Props to Park Hae Jin.
3. I only have three words for Jae Kyung: SUCK IT, BRUTHA.

4. I've always preferred a simple proposal, none of those gimmicky stuff, and it worked perfectly in this episode. Even SY mentioned that that's how she'd like to be proposed to. 
5. Probably an unpopular opinion here but I'm really proud of SY for telling MJ to leave. I don't think this is an ordinary case of noble idiocy on SY's part since MJ's life is potentially at stake. It's not some flimsy we-can't-be-together-because-your-family-disapproves reason. It's the logical thing to do. How could you live knowing that the person you love would die soon and on your watch too? Sure, you get to spend whatever time that's left together if he stays but it's not entirely without cost. We've seen how clingy SY can be so it's such a huge leap for her to tell MJ to leave and, well, live. Regardless of the ending, I'm applauding SY's character growth in this episode.
6. For SY's sake, MJ didn't care that people saw him teleport, be it in broad daylight or on camera. I wonder how the public will handle or react to this going forward.
7. I really felt for Lawyer Jang when he saw the news about MJ and SY's disappearance. Poor man must have been really worried. :(
8. I'm still wary of the ending but if episode 19 (and heck, the whole drama thus far) is any indication of the writer's genius story-telling, then I'm somewhat comforted. I have faith in you, writer-nim! *crosses fingers*

9. WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD MJ'S VERSION OF THE SONG THAT HE SANG AT THE BEACH?? 
10. I'll be leaving for Seoul tomorrow night and I get to watch the final two episodes live! Without subs, of course, but still super excited! :D I hope I get to bump into the production crew during my trip! If they're still filming, that is.

Guest nini99224

I really feel bad for Yoo In Na, this drama look like have ONLY ONE female role :)) Se Mi is not lovely person but I think she is quite true with her own feeling, and I hope HK will accept her heart in the end. Poor her, Se Mi has totally disappear and no one care about her anymore @@

my favourite scene...this so lovely more than the kiss scene...although the journey not yet ending but i just want say that this is drama in number 1 in my list for the most favourite drama all my life...i think im gonna miss this drama for a long long time....:(( :((  i will miss  DMJ and CSY...
about the ending i think the writer just give a hint or clue how this drama will be ending rite..there will be 2 choice:1.the ending based on logical(they a lot fans here and outside there will be mad or angry with the writer and its could be the DVD cant to be sale...:D)2.the ending based on fantasy..for this one everyone will be happy and what the sell about this drama will sold out..

livEvil said: MellaN said: aidsincera said:

Archived