BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #11thAnniversary #MUSE #HobiD89 #Who #AreYouSure #RunJin #BeMine]

YongZura⁷

BTS members' solo albums make lists of 2023's best albums

Solo albums by BTS members Suga, V and Jungkook have been named albums of the year by multiple media organizations worldwide.

Suga's album "D-Day," released under his alternate stage name Agust D in April, was named No. 27 on American music media Consequence of Sound's "The 50 Best Albums of 2023" on Monday.

"The third and (potentially) final outing from SUGA of BTS under his alter-ego moniker of Agust D is some of his finest work yet as a soloist," Consequence of Sound said.

The magazine added, "The ethos of 'D-Day' is not that this journey is an easy one, but that the messy work of cultivating inner peace is ultimately worth it — and by the end of the record, the listener can't help but believe SUGA when he says that the future's gonna be okay."

Consequence of Sound is an online magazine based in New York. It is known for its album reviews, updates of music festivals and their lineups and music news, catering to a diverse audience of music enthusiasts and industry professionals.

Britain's Time Out placed V's first solo album "Layover," released in September, at No. 19 of its "The 30 Best Albums of 2023" on Friday.

"His debut album adds a husky and sweet baritone to jazz-influenced R&B tracks, evoking a distinct nostalgia," Time Out said.

"A recommended track is 'Slow Dancing', a soulful track that flows beautifully with its choreography. There's also 'For Us', featuring interesting key changes midway through the song."

Time Out is a global magazine based in London known for publishing content in culture, art and entertainment.

American media UPROXX included Jungkook's first solo album "Golden," released in November, in its "The Best Albums Of 2023" on Monday.t

"BTS' Jungkook has shown himself to be a pop sensation both within the group and as a solo act," UPROXX said.

"He'll be away until 2025, but songs like the romantic 'Standing Next To You, the sexy, rhythmic '3D,' and the gut-wrenching ballad "Hate You" will certainly hold as timeless classics."

UPROXX is a popular culture and entertainment website owned by Warner Music Group that specializes in music, film, TV and sports.

The members of BTS who haven't begun their mandatory service will all enlist next week. RM and V will begin their basic training on Monday, and Jimin and Jungkook will begin on Tuesday. Jin began his service in December last year, followed by J-Hope in April and Suga in September.

ctto

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Jungkook receives first platinum certification for 'Golden' in Japan

Jungkook of boy band BTS [BIGHIT MUSIC]

Jungkook of boy band BTS [BIGHIT MUSIC]

BTS's Jungkook received his first platinum certification for his first full-length solo album "Golden" by the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ), his agency BigHit Music said Friday.

The album shipped over 250,000 copies as of November, according to the RIAJ.

The RIAJ certifies music based on shipment figures. Singles, EPs or albums earn gold certification for more than 100,000 copies shipped, platinum for 250,000, double platinum for 500,000 and triple platinum for 750,000. Albums that ship one million copies earn a million certifications.

"Golden," released on Nov. 3, is Jungkook's fourth music to be certified by RIAJ. He previously has been certified gold by RIAJ for "Euphoria" (2018), "Left and Right" (2022), which he collaborated with Charlie Puth, and "Seven" featuring American rapper Latto.

"Golden" took over Japan's Oricon charts soon after it was released, according to his agency. The album debuted at No. 1 on Oricon's Daily Album chart, selling 205,961 copies right after its release.

Jungkook will start his mandatory military service on Tuesday, along with his bandmate Jimin. The other remaining members who have not begun their service — RM and V — will start the day before Jungkook and Jimin.

BY KIM JI-YE [kim.jiye@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2023-12-08/entertainment/kpop/Jungkook-becomes-first-solo-Kpop-artist-to-be-certified-platinum-in-Japan/1930981

• Blob 1

10 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Thank you, JK.

@YongZura⁷  This made me emotional especially that he will be enlisting for his mandatory military service on December 12th.  I guess he filmed this very recently since he has no piercings anymore in this video. This is a surprise gift to all his fans. I absolutely love this song. It’s a simple song but, I'm sure most of us can identify with the lyrics. Jungkook really sang this song very well. I love his voice. I love Jungkook, too!  :hypehype:

• Love 1

10 hours ago, willenette said:

I absolutely love this song. It’s a simple song but, I'm sure most of us can identify with the lyrics. Jungkook really sang this song very well. I love his voice. I love Jungkook, too!  

Yes, my favourite are those at the end of his album - the heartbreaking songs :sparklyeyes:

Another one, LIVE.

:cries:

ctto

• Love 2

13 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Namjoon's letter:

V

@YongZura⁷ thanks for sharing this. I like RM's letter to Armys..............  He has always the way with words.

V will be starting his mandatory military service TODAY! This recent post yesterday on social media confirmed his enlistment date as he posted this picture on his new buzz cut on Instagram and wearing shades. The caption read, 'D-1' I think confirmed that the he would be enlisting in the military on December 11. He shared another picture with flaunting his new hair with the caption, 'I always wanted to try sunglasses with a buzz cut. It turned out well.'   :kisslevel:

23 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Also, thanks for sharing this picture from a surprise farewell thrown by his staff for his military send-off.  :ohboy2:

• Love 1

*** Today, December 11, V and Jungkook have shared shirtless farewell with fans in video call. The former also shared a heartfelt letter saying goodbye to his fandom before enlisting. They're showcasing their matching buzzcuts in preparation for their enlistments. V left a message on the photo saying, “Hyung will go first, be careful entering tomorrow”. Today, V and RM will enter the Nonsan Training Center in Chungnam, where they will undergo basic military training before beginning their active-duty military service. December 12, a day after V’s enlistment, Jimin and Jungkook will enlist together, and all seven BTS members officially begin their mandatory military service.   :heart2:

bts-v-jungkook-1-121123-311x470.webp

photo source : https://news.nate.com/view/20231211n08631?mid=n1008

V also took to Weverse to write the following message:  :cutekitty:

"I think I will miss you all so much.

Honestly, I’m sad that I can’t make happy memories with ARMY (BTS’s official fan club) for the time being, but besides that one thing, it would be fine. The hardest thing is not being able to see ARMY. After the long period of 18 months, I will return in really good health, so ARMY, take good care of your health, and if you spend each day looking for happiness, I will appear saying, “Ta-da! I’m here!” Also, I prepared various stuff for those 18 months, so please look forward to it.

As we always have, let’s make precious memories after I return. I will really miss you, and I really love you, so please wait for me until then. I will return soon! Bye!"

credit : soompi news

• Love 1

BTS' RM, V enlist in Army

SEOUL, Dec. 11 (Yonhap) -- RM and V of K-pop supergroup BTS began their mandatory military service Monday.

The two arrived at a military boot camp in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, earlier in the day, where they will receive basic military training for five weeks.

Five other BTS members visited the camp in a show of support and to bid temporary farewell to the two.

In drizzling rain, BTS' fans waited at the entrance of the camp to say goodbye, with some in tears.

One fan from Germany, a student at Seoul's Hongik University, said she hoped they fulfill their mandatory duty in good health and return safely to the fans.

BTS members RM and V are seen in this composite photo from Instagram and Weverse. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

BTS members RM and V are seen in this composite photo from Instagram and Weverse. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

When two more members -- Jimin and Jungkook -- enlist Tuesday, all seven members of the band will be carrying out their military duty.

Three older band members are already in service, with Jin, the oldest, being the first to join last December.

Jin and J-Hope are performing active duty while Suga is serving as a social service agent, an alternative form of military service in the country.

"I was really happy to live as a BTS member over the past 10 years," RM said on Weverse, a K-pop fan community platform, on Sunday.

He said he is both "afraid and scared," but expressed hope to learn lessons and get new inspiration from the new experience.

"I always wanted to be a person who is by your side even when I am not there," RM said. "Goodbye for now."

V also expressed his anticipation during a Weverse livestream.

"I'm excited," he said. "Even though those I'll be going to the military with may be younger than me, I think I'll be able to learn new things by talking to them."

A black van carrying BTS members enters a boot camp in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, on Dec. 11, 2023. (Yonhap)

A black van carrying BTS members enters a boot camp in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, on Dec. 11, 2023. (Yonhap)

The four members and their agency, BigHit Music, have repeatedly asked fans not to visit Army boot camps on the day the members turn up as there would be no separate official events.

In South Korea, all able-bodied men are required to serve in the military for at least 18 months. The four are scheduled to be discharged from the service in June 2025.

Both the band and the agency were hoping to resume activities as a full group around that year.

BTS' fans wait for RM and V in rain in front of a military boot camp in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, on Dec. 11, 2023. (Yonhap)

BTS' fans wait for RM and V in rain in front of a military boot camp in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, on Dec. 11, 2023. (Yonhap)

sshim@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20231211000851315?section=culture/k-pop

• Love 1

*** I'm happy to know that all members of BTS have reunited in Nonsan. I read that a total of 6 vehicles entered the training center. According to a BTS representative, all members coordinated their schedules to be together for V and RM's enlistment. ARMY respect their wishes so, none of them showed up. They just sent empty trucks ads at the entrance of the training center instead of them to bid farewell to the members and wish them good service. Best Wishes RM and V!   :heart4:

1702272709-0003794222-001-20231211133901

2023121110582340538_l.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Jin posted this photo on his IG with the caption -"Don’t get hurt and be careful, my kids" -   :coolshades:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0s9XFyhDMK/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=3eec72b0-c468-45b2-a90d-4c8b25447e89

On 12/9/2023 at 3:36 PM, YongZura⁷ said:

Looking forward to Running Man Part 2 for V's appearance.

@YongZura⁷  are you referring to the special EP, 'Running Man' 'Tazza Special'? V wins game on this special EP. He gave us so many laughs, drama and memorable moments in this one episode alone. Also, this broadcast achieved a peak viewership rating of 5.2%, ranking it in the 'Top 3 of 2049 viewership rate' among dramas, variety shows, and educational programs broadcast that day according to Nielsen Korea.   :cheers:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____

*** Jin popped up in the comment sections of RM & V's posted letters, bringing laughter to everyone. A typical Jin! Under RM’s post, he made a fun reference to one of their popular song lyrics, “Welcome, first time to BTS?” from their song, “Dope.”  Under V’s post, he reassured him that he was enlisting during a good time saying, "When I enlisted, it was -35 degrees Celsius and there was a blizzard, and I barely managed to enlist. You are enlisting during a good time, the world has become better."   :yaaa:

zWpiEifkkkxlGFF70SftiDIHNqmuCgPIqlYfTmmY

• Awesome 1