BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#OT72025 #HobiD39 #RunJin #ComingSoonIAmStill #NevaPlay RM's birthday is coming.]

YongZura⁷

Salute!  Thanks, RM for sharing your picture with V.  (This is what I prefer, the picture that they shared themselves)  Congratulations both!

GD7-BKQacAEnSsK?format=jpg&name=large

GD7-BKNawAAl_Zs?format=jpg&name=large

GD7-BKPbIAA8Y23?format=jpg&name=medium

Our handsome guys!

Taken from:

Spoiler

ctto

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

V

@YongZura⁷  thanks for sharing the videos. BTW, congratulations to both RM & V who graduated from the military graduation ceremony as among the only six elite graduate trainees recognized for their expectational performance during training. Wow, in the videos shared online, we can see them receiving their awards! So COOL! Even in the military they are excelling in the field! I'm glad to see them doing well and healthy! I'm proud of the boys. They worked hard even in the military. Love seeing them together again inside the camp. During the graduation ceremony, RM also gave a graduation speech.   :heart3:

"It is true that I postponed my enlistment for a long time, and because I joined the military at a fairly old age, I was afraid and worried about many things. Also, because I enlisted late, most of my colleagues in the dormitory I lived with were younger fellow trainees who were about 10 years younger than me. Through mental strength education, I realized the necessity of the military and the need for basic military training in Korea, a divided country and armistice country.

I had many experiences that I would not have had had it not been for the Army Training Center. In particular, the night march I completed a few days ago was the most memorable. As I marched with my colleagues all night and looked at the stars and cheered together during difficult times, I was able to feel the kind of camaraderie I had only heard about.

Thanks to the great executives and squad leaders, I was able to complete many trainings that were very unfamiliar to me in a rewarding and fun way. I was able to naturally find meaning, fun, and reward in military life, and would like to express my gratitude.

Lastly, I would like to say that although it would be ideal to live in a world where everyone does not need to learn marksmanship, the peace that has been enjoyed in Korea for over 70 years could not be possible without the noble sacrifice, effort, and dedication of many people. We will do our best to carry out our mission." - RM

NP4ZoRJuoWEh9RBt4AWaO71jYBDJ7_iFyhXav34V

photo source : https://theqoo.net/hot/3072656392

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Going to rewatch it soon:  I used to watch his dramas and the band too. Love to see Yoongi's laughing during their conversation.

@YongZura⁷  the reason why Suga was laughing during their conversation was when Yonghwa explained that as it was his solo debut then, he was feeling a bit lonely, so he went backstage and BTS was there. At that time, Yonghwa explained that BTS were on their way to the top. Yonghwa decided to go and speak to them, explaining how he asked the members what they would do on their days off. BTS members replied with, “We write songs.” The response shocked Yonghwa because of how different it was from what other younger artists would say, which would normally consist of complaints. As soon as BTS said that, Yonghwa shared that he knew BTS were different and would make it big. He said,

"But you guys… [BTS were a little different], I knew you’d just make it big so I figured I should get closer to you. That’s what I thought."

CNBLUE’s Yonghwa

This was when Suga laughed so hard. I didn't know that he's close with Suga, not until I watched the video. Also, in the video he pointed out about the iconic  "leopard print bucket hat" that Suga has been wearing most of the time then. - hehehe - Suga replied that he didn’t know where it had gone and Yonghwa joked that it was his “trademark.”   :Megalol:

Spoiler

JS3ckLn15AXDM1yfX5bogGXM_sg9DPwTA6YCmKOJ

Here's the video :

• Like 1

Dear @willenette your quote to me is always adorable.  However, sometimes I wonder... :getmygrooveon:I always watch their programs a few times, for the first watch with subs, the second one to make sure that I didn't miss anything, and the next one for my listening exercise.  I'm always happy to see them happy and Yoongi's laughing is extra in this episode compared to the one before. :fullofhearts:

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

The MV with Tae that we have been waiting for:

@YongZura⁷  thanks for sharing this. It's an exciting collaboration dropping next week. The intriguing phrase in the poster, ‘the place I can’t imagine with my poor imagination,’ sparks my curiosity about the song.   :Fist1:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** I can't wait to welcome back Jin fom the military soon. 2024 is surely an exciting year for Armys as the 1st BTS member will be returning from the military this year. Excitement is high as he completes his mandatory military service and return safely to his family and fans'. Jin started his mandatory military service on December 13, 2022, and he will be returning from the same on June 12, 2024. ARMY for sure are counting down the days to summer and preparing to welcome Jin back!   :heart2:

• Like 1

*** Jungkook’s "Seven" has unlocked another milestone as he surpassed the 1.3 billion mark on Spotify  on January 14 KST.  Jungkook is truly unstoppable when it comes to setting records! Moreover, "Seven" has also become the third fastest track in Spotify history to earn this feat. This song has also crossed 1.3 billion views on YouTube.   :happydance:

• Like 1

*** According to reports on Jan 16th, Jungkook and Jimin will serve their military duty in the same division with Jin where he is currently serving as an assistant instructor, which is in 5th Infantry Division. They will be deployed to the Army’s 5th Infantry Division on Jan 18th. The 5th Infantry Division is located in Yeoncheon, Gyeonggi. Accordingly, Jungkook and Jimin will undergo military service within the same division as Jin, although their specific assignments may vary depending on the deployment.   :emmm:

20240116173205066bbiy.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240116173202502

BTS members RM, V complete basic military training

RM and V of K-pop supergroup BTS completed five weeks of boot camp training Tuesday, the Army said, after enlisting late last year to carry out their mandatory military service.

The two members earned the rank of private after undergoing various training, including basic combat and chemical, biological and radiological defense drills, at the Korea Army Training Center in Nonsan, 152 kilometers south of Seoul.

At the boot camp graduation ceremony, the two members received an award as elite trainees for scoring top marks, the Army said. The award is given to around five recruits out of 200, with recipients being rewarded with vacation days.

RM detailed his experience in a video message during the ceremony, noting that he found a sense of fulfillment in military life.

"Through the mental strength education, I deeply felt the need for the military and basic military training in the Republic of Korea, which is a divided country and one in an armistice," he said, referring to South Korea by its official name.

South Korea technically remains in a state of war with North Korea as the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice, not a peace treaty.

"Although a world without a need to learn marksmanship would be ideal, I will do my best to carry out my duties, while reflecting on the fact that the peace the Republic of Korea has enjoyed over the past 70 some years is due to the noble sacrifice, efforts and devotion of many people."

RM will be stationed at his unit sometime this week, while V will undergo three more weeks of training as he applied to carry out special operations duty under the Capital Defense Command.

Currently, all seven members of BTS are carrying out their mandatory service in the military or as a social service agent.

All able-bodied South Korean men are required to serve in the military for at least 18 months in a country facing constant threats from North Korea. (Yonhap)

*** The operator of The Camp, a popular app for sending consolation letters to military personnel, has admitted to violating certain rights and has taken corrective measures, including removing spaces related to BTS. In an announcement posted on the official bulletin board on January 16th, The Camp stated, "Due to issues with the management of our camps, it has come to our attention that we inadvertently infringed upon the rights of a particular company. We have taken immediate corrective action. In response to a request from Big Hit Music, we will be suspending the operation of all camps associated with Big Hit artists. Consequently, camps created under the names of Big Hit artists by users will be suspended on March 9." The Camp stressed that they will assume legal responsibility if they utilize the names of Big Hit Music artists without proper authorization in the future.   :coolshades:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BTS’ RM and V Graduate With Top Honors From Military Training

419248663_926743155836113_69330548904039

BTS’ RM and V successfully completed their recruit training with top honors on January 16th.

A new video showcases the duo being recognized as elite trainees during the graduation ceremony.

bts v military photo

Credit: RM Instagram

Accompanying the news is a photo of RM and V in their army uniforms and berets, proudly displaying their badges indicating their rank as newly recruited privates.

RM and V began their training on December 11th last year at the army training center in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Providence. Jungkook and Jimin joined the 5th Infantry Division Recruit Training Center in Yeoncheon, Gyeonggi Providence the next day.

Big Hit Music announced yesterday on Weverse that RM, Jimin, V and Jungkook are about to complete their basic military training. The agency requested fans’ cooperation, stating, “To prevent any issues from crowding, we ask fans to please refrain from visiting the site. Instead, we ask you to keep your heartwarming words of support and farewell in your hearts.”

Meanwhile, Jimin and Jungkook are set to complete their training on January 17th.

source : https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2278309

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

V on IG

@YongZura⁷  thanks for sharing this. With his basic training completed, V will undergo three weeks of additional training at the Army Administrative School, opting for the Special Duty Team of the Capital Defence Command while RM is set to be deployed to the 15th division.   :winkx:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** I've tried watching the new broadcast of the drama  “Marry My Husband” starring Park Min-young and Na In-woo. BTS songs were mentioned - At the end of the episode, he approached her, who was listening to BTS songs on the rooftop. As she dropped her phone, he saw her screen. He said, “It’s BTS. I like them, too”. She replied, “Actually, I want to listen to ‘Dynamite’, but I cannot find it here no matter how much I searched for it. Dynamite’ is the best, but ‘Spring Day’ is my type”. He said he also liked “Spring Day”.  :Megalol:

• Like 1

20240117174943_Jungkook_453076.jpg?s=900

BTS’s Jungkook’s “GOLDEN” Becomes 1st K-Pop Solo Album In Billboard 200 History To Chart For 10 Weeks

Jan 18, 2024
by E. Cha

BTS’s Jungkook has made history on the Billboard 200!

On January 17 local time, Billboard revealed that Jungkook’s solo debut album “GOLDEN” had successfully remained on the Billboard 200 at No. 43, marking its 10th consecutive week on the chart.

With this achievement, Jungkook has become the first Korean solo artist in history to chart an album for 10 weeks on the Billboard 200—and in those 10 weeks, “GOLDEN” hasn’t once dropped below the top 50.

Jungkook has also extended his own record as the longest-charting K-pop soloist on Billboard’s Artist 100, where he took No. 24 in his 22nd non-consecutive week on the chart.

Meanwhile, Jungkook’s title track “Standing Next to You” is now spending its 10th consecutive week on Billboard’s Hot 100, where it stayed strong at No. 76 this week.

Over on Billboard’s Pop Airplay chart, which measures weekly plays on mainstream Top 40 radio stations across the United States, Jungkook once again charted three songs in the top 40. His The Kid LAROI and Central Cee collab “Too Much” held relatively steady at No. 21, while “Standing Next to You” rose to a new peak of No. 31 and “3D” (featuring Jack Harlow) trailed close behind at No. 32.

Jungkook also landed multiple songs on both of Billboard’s global charts this week. On the Global Excl. U.S. chart, “Seven” (featuring Latto) came in at No. 5, “Standing Next to You” at No. 9, and “3D” at No. 32. On the Global 200, “Seven” ranked No. 13, followed by “Standing Next to You” at No. 14 and “3D” at No. 44.

Additionally, “Standing Next to You” took No. 8 on Billboard’s Digital Song Sales chart, meaning that it was the eighth best-selling song in the United States in its 10th week.

Finally, “GOLDEN” held onto its spot at No. 9 on Billboard’s Top Current Album Sales chart, in addition to staying strong at No. 12 on the Top Album Sales chart.

Congratulations to Jungkook!

• Awesome 1

Awww.... All the boys are doing so well during their basic training. Jimin became top trainee (as expected) :glasses:

"It was also revealed Jimin received a commendation from his division commander, which is only given to the first place among all trainees. The commendation is given as a reward with benefits like an early promotion and a 5-day vacation. "

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/01/bts-jimin-receives-commendation-as-top-trainee-of-military-unit-his-dad-shares-photos-of-ceremony

1705587142-20240118-jimin.jpg

Jimin's dad shared the photo @kokodus @Ameera Ali @sweetroad @YongZura⁷ @larus

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:54 PM, YongZura⁷ said:

Jimin's post on Weverse translated by ARMY translators.  

Take care of yourself and JK too!  :fullofhearts:

@YongZura⁷  thanks for sharing this. BEFORE - technology gadgets are not allowed in the military - this is also the reason why military restricts soldiers access to the public even to their family & loved-ones, causing concern among military leaders that high military secrets could be leaked. Now, good that mobile phones are allowed inside the military. All military bases of the army, navy, air force, and marines will be permitted cell phone usage after training hours. They are now allowed to have their phone for one hour each day. Cell phones are permitted in all premises, except for high-security areas. Cell phone camera usage will be restrained, though.  :kitty:

12 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Vote with ARMY

@YongZura⁷  thanks for sharing this. Social media voting for the annual awards begins January 18, and closes on March 25 on iHeartRadio.com/awards. The '2024 iHeartRadio Music Awards' will air on April 1 at 8 PM EST on FOX and the iHeartRadio app! Congratulations to Jungkook and to BTS! I hope  he is going to take song and artist of the year.   :hypehype:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

14 hours ago, partyon said:

Awww.... All the boys are doing so well during their basic training. Jimin became top trainee (as expected) :glasses:

"It was also revealed Jimin received a commendation from his division commander, which is only given to the first place among all trainees. The commendation is given as a reward with benefits like an early promotion and a 5-day vacation. "

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/01/bts-jimin-receives-commendation-as-top-trainee-of-military-unit-his-dad-shares-photos-of-ceremony

Jimin's dad shared the photo @kokodus @Ameera Ali @sweetroad @YongZura⁷ @larus

@partyon  thanks for sharing this. I'm glad that Jimin and the other (2) members Suga & RM are  the much awaited endorsers for Galaxy S24 Ultra. This phone model is scheduled for release on January 31. Their visually stunning pictorials go beyond with the sleek design of the Galaxy S24 Ultra. The phones look nice because BTS members are holding them - LOL -  :Megalol:     They look so good in the photos. Definitely, these were taken prior their military entrance.   :heart1:

MORE -- (Photos)

1705612139-image.png

1705612142-image.png

Suga

1705612145-image.png

Spoiler

1705612149-image.png

RM

1705612152-image.png

1705612156-image.png

• Where's My Oppa? 1

BTS members nominated for 2024 iHeartRadio Music Awards

185be2bb-f043-4952-aabb-d879207c145b.jpg

Three members of K-pop megaband BTS — Jungkook, J-Hope and V — have secured five nominations for the 2024 iHeartRadio Music Awards, one of the American music industry's awards shows.

According to the full list of nominees for this year's event announced on the homepage of the annual music awards Thursday (U.S. time), Jungkook was recognized for K-pop Artist of the Year, K-pop Song of the Year for "Seven (feat. Latto)," Best Music Video for "3D (feat. Jack Harlow)" and Favorite Debut Album for "Golden."

J-Hope got a nod for Favorite On Screen for "J-Hope in the Box," a documentary on the production of his solo album, "Jack in the Box," while V landed a nomination for Favorite Debut Album for "Layover."

Girl group (G)I-dle was nominated for Duo/Group of the Year and K-pop Artist of the Year.

The music video for "Flower" by BLACKPINK's Jisoo was recognized for Best Music Video, and Fifty Fifty's hit single "Cupid (Twin Version)" secured nods for K-pop Song of the Year and TikTok Bop of the Year.

BTS Army and ATINY, the fan bases of BTS and Ateez, respectively, were nominated for the Best Fan Army award.

The iHeartRadio Music Awards is an annual music awards presented by the U.S. online radio station iHeartRadio.

This year, the show added three new K-pop categories, making them into a competition within the industry.

Other groups chosen to compete for K-pop Artist of the Year are NCT Dream, Seventeen and Stray Kids.

Ateez, Stray Kids and NewJeans additionally received nominations for K-pop Song of the Year for their respective hit songs.

Five rookie teams are up for competition in the Best New Artist (K-pop). They are Boynextdoor, NewJeans, Riize, xikers and Zerobaseone.

This year's awards ceremony will air live on Fox at Los Angeles' Dolby Theater on April 1. (Yonhap)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 1/17/2024 at 2:56 PM, YongZura⁷ said:

JK on Weverse

@YongZura⁷  thanks for sharing this. Jungkook updated fans via Weverse with a simple word, “Unity!” Even with that simple word, being the first official update from his post-enlistment, I was excited to see that Jungkook was doing well. Following that, I saw some blogs released some photos of Jungkook during the military ceremony. And he looks so COOL! I'm happy that Jungkook has completed his basic military training well!  :loveu:

ZfD3OavSYAEjf2O8W9rmK3T71zuiO61zwdFo_WW5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** There weren’t any actual images of Jimin from his graduation ceremony.Yet, yesterday January 18, I was glad when the first photos were shared, courtesy of his dad at his cafe location. Jimin’s dad set this table up because so many people were bringing flowers and gifts for Jimin. On the cafe’s Instagram page, new photos of Jimin and his loved ones from the graduation ceremony were shared. If that wasn’t enough, there was also a message from him that was shared in Korea, English, and Japanese, so that fans worldwide could read it. The message relayed a heartfelt message similar to his Weverse post prior this.   :emmm:

Spoiler

W-x_ytqqrL4PKEnamlu91j2h4J9xR3l4VI1EwfJY

p7M7XUwC2pTJlmyOY681ZReNhRVYCQfOlNZSOPov

SJSfVGLzYnUaEKyuL_jWHJUE7R_nftJvi4wZYAB3

Hello, I’m ZM-illennial

Did you all bring your umbrellas? Like it’s going to rain soon.

It’s cloudy. For those who were waiting for the news of the rain, I’d like to send my comfort to those who were worried, and I hope you have a moist day.

If it’s long, if it’s short, it’s a five-week completion ceremony.

It’s over. Thanks to ARMY’s support and love, 1 year and 5 months can be a long time, but it can be a short time. Spring rain, rainy rain, showers, and heavy rain will be next to you.

ARMY gave me a lot of strength.

I heartily thank you.

— Jimin