[Drama 2013] Who Are You 후아유

Guest facing

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sicknine

News update by Dramabeans

Kim Jae-wook takes Who Are You as comeback dramaby javabeans | June 19, 2013 | 27 Comments

kimjaewook_43.jpg

Kim Jae-wook (Bad Guy, Mary Stayed Out All Night, Coffee Prince) is out of the army and heading back to television, so mark July in your calendars if you want to catch him in his comeback role. It’s for tvN’s Who Are You, the paranormal series starring So Yi-hyun as the ghost-seeing heroine and Taecyeon as her skeptic of a co-worker. Sigh. I wasn’t thrilled about those leads, but Kim Jae-wook is a different story altogether. I’ll have to pencil this one in after all.

A few more details about the plot: The heroine wakes up from a six-year coma to find that she can now see ghosts. Kim Jae-wook will play So Yi-hyun’s boyfriend who died in an accident. Aw, is he her Scheduler? The three leads will have a love triangle of sorts, although since one of them is dead, I suppose it’ll be rather incomplete. Though plenty bittersweet. It also suggests that while the ghost boyfriend will play a prominent role in the story, the other two will have the ultimate pairing. You know, since Taecyeon is still alive and all.

The coma bit might work toward closing their age gap a bit, since she’ll be mentally younger than her years. I frankly don’t have a problem with the noona romance most of the time, but since she’s four years older than Taec, I can see how some viewers might want a closer pairing. Their characters both work at the lost and found department, and the drama unfolds as they set out to resolve ghosts’ unfinished business through the lost items they’ve left behind. Aw, and she’s the thing that Kim Jae-wook’s ghost has left behind. I’m pretty sure this drama will make me cry, and I’ll probably be bawling like a baby when he moves on to the hereafter amidst his backlit Patrick Swayze haze of glory.

Who Are You is described as being both poignant and melo, so I’m getting something of a49 Days vibe, maybe crossed with that other Who Are You from 2008, which I also found quite stirring. It’s sounding like Who Are You will take the dramatic approach to this ghost conceit, while Master’s Sun works the comedy angle. What are the odds of both being great, you think? Better not hold my breath.

Who Are You will follow Dating Agency Cyrano and premieres in July.

kimjaewook44.jpg

Via E DailyMk.co.kr

Guest sicknine

I really can't wait to see Taecyeon in new drama. The last drama I saw him was Dream High and he made it so awesome in there :D

Guest MGYlove

class="cb b15"Kim Jae Wook Plays A Ghostly Boyfriend in “Who Are You?”kim-jae-wook.jpg?w=600

And the chemistry for the new tvN series, "Who Are You?" just keeps getting better. Not only is the show going to star 2PM's Taecyeon and actress So E Hyun, but Kim Jae Wook will also play a part.

The show will be a paranormal romance about Si On, a woman who has a car accident. She wakes up from a coma having lost her memory but with the ability to see ghosts. She tries to convince her detective boss, Geon Woo, played by Taecyeon, to honor the ghosts' requests but he is not an easy man to convince that ghosts even exist.

It looks as if Kim Jae Wook will be the third wheel in the show's supernatural love triangle. He will be the ex who loves her but he did not break up with her. He is playing the ghost of her dead boyfriend, the one who died in the same accident that gave her second sight. That may be a kdrama first, a love triangle in which a girl has to choose between a living guy and a ghost boyfriend. The actors have started script readings together.

"Please expect us to do a great job," said So E Hyun, who recently played the deceitful social climbing wife in "Cheomdamdung Alice." "We will do our best."

Taecyeon, who starred in "Dream High" and "Cinderella's Sister," jokingly added that he is the only one that has to work very hard but that he will try his best.

Si On's ghost boyfriend will be Kim Jae Wook's first role since returning from two years of military duty. He is eager to return to acting and his fans are eager to see him, even if he is only playing a ghost.

"I was only discharged two months ago and I am really longing to get into a role again," said Kim.

As a teen, he appeared in the reality show, "Akdong Cub," about the making of an idol group. The former model had his first acting role of an indie band member in the drama "Ruler of Your Own World," played the lady-magnet waffle maker in "Coffee Prince," an heir in "Bad Guy" and a gay pastry chef with "demonic charm" in the film "Antique Bakery." He was Moon Geun Young's contracted husband in "Mary Stayed Out All Night."

With such a great cast shaping up, this drama stands more than a ghost of a chance at being a success. The series will air in July after "Dating Agency: Cyrano."

©kdramastars.com

Guest Goongfan11

Wow!!! I'm so excited to see this!  Thanks @ facing for starting the thread.
I am looking at pictures of the cast for this new drama and I'm very happy to see so many actors that I have enjoyed watching in other dramas.
OMG...Taceyeon is so cute and I loved So Yi-hyun in Cheongdamdong in Alice.  Omo...Kim Jae Wook is soooo good looking.  This is going to be an amazing drama, I hope.  I know it will be... I see the actor from Coffee Prince. I don't know his name, but he played the ahjussi who worked in the dilapidated Coffee shop.  He had gross manners, but he was so kind to Yoon Eun Hye's character Go Eun chan.
The other female actress I recognize from other dramas.  Oh my gosh...all I can say is "I can't wait for July to be here!"
See you in this thread.  Yeah!!!

Guest NEWMARIO

Kim Jae wook to come back to TV screen after completing military service

l5x5hrv9k3jxhx8h2msloj9uesgl4acf.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] Actor Kim Jae wook has been cast in tvN’s upcoming drama ‘Who Are You.’
After 3 years of break—which includes 2 years of his military service, Kim jae wook is finally coming back to TV screen with his upcoming drama ‘Who Are You.’ The actor has got much love and been well-recognized for his acting skill and unique individuality as appearing in many TV drama  such as ‘Mary Stayed Out All Night,’ ‘Bad Guy,’ and ‘The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince.’ 
tvN’s new TV drama ‘Who Are You,’ which also stars So E hyun and Ok Taecyeon, is about a woman named ‘Sion’ (So E hyun) who happens to see ghosts after waking up from 6 years of comma and a man (Ok Taecyeon) who only believes what he sees with his eyes.  
jae wook will play Sion’s boyfriend  ‘Lee Hyung joon’  who dies from an unexpected accident. Even after becoming a ghost, Lee Hyung joon came to Sion, trying to protect her who is the only witness of the accident. . Moreover, the love triangle between Kim Jae wook, Ok Taec yeon, and So E hyun will also add more tension to the series.  
Meanwhile, tvN’s new TV series ‘Who Are You’ is set to be aired in the end of July as a follow-up of ‘Dating Agency Cyrano.’ (photo by tvN)

Guest NEWMARIO

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; "Kim Jae-uck to Return to Small Screen Next MonthPosted on 2013/06/18 by Lee Hye Ji in TV with 0 Comments

Kim Jae-uck

Actor Kim Jae-uck. [A-list Entertainment]

Korean actor Kim Jae-uck is making his TV comeback in two years and a half next month.

Kim will join tvN’s new TV series tentatively titled “Who Are You?” which premieres in late July and stars 2PM’s Taecyeon and actress So E Hyun, an official with his agency A-list Entertainment told TenAsia over the phone Tuesday.

Kim will take on a character named Lee Hyung-joon, main female character Si-on’s [so] ex-boyfriend who had died from an accident but turns up again as a ghost to her when she gains the ability to see spirits after waking up from a six-year coma.

The ‘ghost melodrama’ will be Kim’s first TV series since he last starred in “Marry Me, Marry!” in 2010 before enlisting in the military the following July.

Kim, 30, shot to fame after appearing in smash hit drama “Coffee Prince” in 2007 and has earned popularity from Japan and several Asian countries with 2008 film “Antique,” co-starring Ju Ji-hoon and Yu A-in.

He turned a vocalist for his four-member rock band Walrus in January 2011 when they released their first single album of the same name and made stage debut by turning Hedwig in famed musical “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” right before his military enlistment.

Reporter. Lee Hye Ji hjlee@tenasia.co.kr
Editor. Jessica Kim

Guest NEWMARIO

class="headline"Who Are You' Photos from script reading revealedSTAR N NewsBy Kim Dong-Joo | STAR N News – 10 hours ago

‘Who Are You' Photos from script reading revealedView Photo

‘Who Are You' Photos from script reading revealed

The script reading of 'Who Are You' was revealed.

On June 19th, the production team of tvN 'Who Are You' revealed photos from the script reading.

'Who Are You' is a romance drama about a girl named Sion(So Yi Hyun) who gets a special ability of being able to souls and Gun Woo(Ok Taec Yeon) who only trusts in things that he can see and touch.

In the drama, the soul of Sion's dead boyfriend, 'Hyung Jun'(Kim Jae Wook), will appear, and form an unprecedented love-triangle.

During the pictorial reading that was held on June 17th, So Yi Hyun, Ok Taec Yeon, Kim Jae Wook, Kim Chang Wan, Park Young Ji, Jang Hyun Sung, Kim Ye Won, and all of the other staffs and actors attended.

After the reading, So Yi Hyun said, "I think this is going to be a quite good drama. Please give us a lot of support," and Ok Taech Yeon said, "I think I'm the only problem. I'll do my best." In addition, Kim Jae Wook said, "This will be my first drama after my military service, and I feel very excited."

On the other hand, 'Who Are You' will premiere in early July.

Guest jjsweeter0211

1372222636_531248.jpg784772726.jpg?1372232699

tvN DRAMA @CJnDrama2m

옥택연 VS 김재욱 눈빛대결?! 고스트 멜로 <후아유> 에서 소이현과 삼각 로맨스를 펼치게 될 3인방의 우월한 전신 캐릭터컷 공개해요:) 아이고 이쁘다~ 잘생겼다~ <후아유> 7월 29일 밤 11시 첫방송

Guest NEWMARIO

DRAMA CASTING & NEWSCharacter stills for ghost melodrama Who Are Youby girlfriday | June 28, 2013 | 4 Comments

WhoAreYou2.jpg

You know, I was totally prepared to let this show slide under my radar because I’m up to my eyeballs in dramas right now, but then Kim Jae-wook had to go and sign on, and now I’m scouring the internet for stills. Bah. The new tvN ghost melodrama Who Are You starsSo Yi-hyun and Taecyeon as a pair of cops; she sees ghosts and he’s a skeptic. Toss in one dead ex-boyfriend who’s visible to no one but her, and you’ve got one strange love triangle with potential.

The stills aren’t that interesting, save for seeing the cop characters in uniform, though Kim Jae-wook in all white does make me laugh out loud. So we’re going literal with the ghosty concept, are we? Have we learned nothing from the Scheduler? You can be undead and still be rockin’ the latest fashions, you know.

So Yi-hyun stars as a cop who wakes up from a six-year coma and discovers that her boyfriend died in the crash that nearly killed her too. She has the newfound ability to see ghosts, which will start her on a journey of helping them fulfill their dying wishes and bits of unfinished business before passing on to the afterlife. She’ll clash with the hero, Taecyeon, who’s also a cop and a skeptic by nature who only believes in the things he can see for himself. They’re both assigned to the Lost and Found department (which sounds like cop punishment, but maybe that’s just me), and there they’ll encounter quirky cases involving the lost possessions of the living and the dead.

Complicating matters, of course, is her undead ex-boyfriend, whose unfinished business is her. I already love him more. Is there any way for him to get the girl? Think, people. We need to make this happen. The drama comes from the PD of To My Beloved and Daemuland the writer of I Love Lee Tae-ri and Style. None of those projects jump out at me as must-watch shows, so the jury’s still out on this one, but based on the writer we can expect some laughs amidst the “poignant human drama” that this show is going for.

Who Are You follows current Monday-Tuesday drama Dating Agency Cyrano and premieres July 29 on tvN.

WhoAreYou4.jpg

WhoAreYou3.jpg

WhoAreYou1.jpg

WhoAreYou5.jpg

Via Osen

Archived