[Drama 2013] Answer Me 1994 / Reply 1994 응답하라 1994

StaRix

Okay am i the only one getting confused?? So I'm thinking "trash" is not her real brother cause at the end of ep 2 he is one of the candidates for her "husband" list and I think her real brother passed away...from the 'past childhood scenes' I really feel like go ara and Jung woo are gonna end up together...cause you see in reply 1997 eunji and in gook ended up with each other cause the childhood friends fall in love and I feel like that's gonna happen here as well...but who knows...I really loved the scene when Jung woo came in with a cup of hot milk and did everything for go ara when she was in pain....aka another scene where I feel like they will end up together :P but who knows anything can happen in the drama world :))

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she can end up with Baro as well,he has the vibe as well,from the videos i've seen till the begginig and the scenes were shown...i'm curious if the scene from the present with her giving traffic adivice to her husband is a hint and in the VCR as well when her best friend said he looked cool with some hair styling and not like a bumkin...I'm really curious if the writer is daring and surprise us with a couple or will go with the most obvious choice

Guest saranox

@babi3xeunha3
i hope not. i am really shipping bong yi and na jung already. i know what you mean though. it's like they are trying to aim for that direction that yoon yoon jae in this series is the brother. i really hope not. to be honest after feeling this way,went back and watched episode 1 again. the groom's frame and his neck looks more like the brother than bong yi. to me that would be gross. i really hope not. i'm freaking out.lol did my ship just sank before even start sailing?

I really hope they stay with the sister-brother concept as it is..i love their relationship as siblings and is so much fun,they don't need to put secret birth and love in their relationsip to make it touching...like i said,for me they are brothers even if let's say we find out they aren't....blood doesn't make u always family...for me they are family and that's all of it...

Guest saranox

Miky88 said: she can end up with Baro as well,he has the vibe as well,from the videos i've seen till the begginig and the scenes were shown...i'm curious if the scene from the present with her giving traffic adivice to her husband is a hint and in the VCR as well when her best friend said he looked cool with some hair styling and not like a bumkin...I'm really curious if the writer is daring and surprise us with a couple or will go with the most obvious choice

So he is indeed not her real brother,he was her brother best friend and whe he died he took then role as her "oppa'' and she said that since childhood she wanted to marry him..so she is in love with him all this time?(and curious about the present scenes as well,why is Bing Geu Re with the coffee's if he is not the only one who buys it...)Can't wait for the development of all of them together and the relationship between  Hae Tae& Yoon Jin

Omg, Garbage is a doctor LOL I did not see it coming.
It seems the writer likes to make relationships that irks people XD like YJ's old brother liking SH on Reply 1997. People found it gross because he was her teacher, much older, and he was her deceased sister boyfriend. Maybe here it will be like this: one sided, NJ might like garbage more than family... and Garbage might see NJ just like a young sister, like SH saw TW like a older brother on reply 1997.
And maybe it is their plot twist, making us believe they might be end game and they aren't.
And I might not understand korean much but did NJ said ''I want/wanted? to marry oppa'' because I heard the word ''marry'' at the hospital scene... 
From flashbacks, it seems they both were just childhood friends not siblings, and it seems they become closer after NJ's brother died. They aren't siblings/blood related... maybe they both like each other since young. If you think like this, it wouldn't be so weird if they like each other more than family. And it wouldn't be gross since they are childhood friends, because it isn't like he was adopted and grow up together like siblings only to find out they weren't. 
And we still don't know if they live together in the same house since young - maybe he moved out to their house after they went to seoul, were he would work as an doctor. Since both families are close, NJ's parents treat him like a son, because he was there all the time with NJ after their son died.
Didn't YJ and SH basically grew up together too in reply 1997 after his parents died? Because their families were close, SH's parents took care of YJ and his brother like family and they all lived together. Both YJ and SH grew up together like family, but ended liking each other more than it, and everyone shipped it, no one thought it was gross.  Here seems to be the same thing: both are childhood friends and grew up together. The guy or NJ likes her/him but she/him still doesn't notice it. 
I never though NJ and Garbage might be end game, but maybe they are ? OMG...  people won't like it, they'll ship her with younger and cute baseball guy  XD
At least this time we really won't be sure who is going to end with who. Because Garbage might like NJ back too, or NJ might get confused who she really likes. And they'll drag it until the end... lol  

omg i haven't watched episode 2 yet but according to you guys the brother has a possibility with ending up with Na Jung?! NO. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN. THIS IS CROSSING THE DAMN LINE. 

So usually when this sort of terrifying thing threatens my ship that hasn't even sailed yet (Bong Yi & Na Jung), i create/predict situations that can happen to give me hope( from my past experiences with how dramaland works). 
PREDICTION:

Guys, what if the brother just becomes Na Jung's first love, but later it won't work out anyways since she realizes that the brother IS in fact just a brother and a childhood friend! Instead of continuing the trope of ending up with your first love/childhood friend from AM1997, I'm pretty sure the writer PD will change things around this time. So while Na Jung and her 'brother' may have some love scenes(ew) in the few coming episodes, I predict that there will be an episode where Na Jung realizes the importance of SIBLINGHOOD(if that even is a word) and how the closest brother/friend you have in the world should just remain that way so that no matter what, you can always count on each other just as a sibling would; and how your partner in life doesn't have to be the one you've known the longest, but the one that makes your heart beat the most ;) <- reference to how Bong Yi can make her fall in love, but not the brother :D

I don't think director and writer PD are dumb, because they know what kind of reaction it will stir from audiences (even in Korea) if they let these two end up together. please please please D,,,:

LOL i am a wishful thinker..

@2lviih Yeah that's what she said,that her dream was to marry her oppa after he took the role of her real brother,i guess because he took care of her she fell for him or even before maybe..the curious part will be to see if she has romatic feelings in the present for him or only as a brother...And from the description characters Yoo Yeon-seok 's is the only one from Seoul...The next episodes will be more intresting for sure...we know that Yoon Jin is already married before her so she most probably married Hae Tae...We also know from the spoilers that Bing Geu Re(Baro) uses his smile to hide his hardship and problems but he becomes friends with her bro and tells him he works many jobs to sustain himself and study as well and that he doesn't know what he likes and what to study as his age and we see hints that he maybe likes our heroine as well,going with her to see games and all

Guest saranox

i just noticed baro is the one holding the coffee and orange juice box. this show is going to drive me crazy. 8-}
need to confirm that yun yeon seok is one of the lead actor in here,right? since he was in the first 2 episode for like 1 minutes and was no where to be seen in ep3 preview. but he is a lead,right?
@stervamerzkaya0

jung woo calls her parents, abuji and omma. not abunim and ommoni and neither ne abuji,ne omma like yoon yun jae used to call shi won's parents. the bond between jung woo and na jung is different from shi won and yun jae.as far as i remember shi won tried to take off yun jae 's underwear but never did took it off like na jung did. the had their physical fights but yun jae always treated shi won as a girl or a woman with a very considerate skin ships between them not like his little sister with lots of in appropriate skinship even for a siblings.

@saranox, I honestly see no difference. Clearly, they are both aware that they are not real siblings, even if they act like they are. It is not like Autumn in My Heart where the characters grew up thinking they are real brother and sister - now that is gross. So this set up here does not bother me at all.

Anyway, it is way too early to tell who is going to end up with who. Judging by the way camera zoomed up at the very end of the episode and the amount of screen time each character gets, Na Jung is either going to get with Jung Woo or....Cheon Po.

Guest saranox

@stervamerzkaya0 said: @saranox, I honestly see no difference. Clearly, they are both aware that they are not real siblings, even if they act like they are. It is not like Autumn in My Heart where the characters grew up thinking they are real brother and sister - now that is gross. So this set up here does not bother me at all.

Anyway, it is way too early to tell who is going to end up with who. Judging by the way camera zoomed up at the very end of the episode and the amount of screen time each character gets, Na Jung is either going to get with Jung Woo or....Cheon Po.

Miky88 said:So her bro is actually a doctor?,that was a shock knowing him in episode 1 =))And yeah they casted an older actor for Sung Hyun role to portrey the character that is 20 years old but looks more old in real life...i guess many people face this thing...i have a baby face and even if i have almost 26 years no one gives me more than 17 maybe,it's hilarious,frustrating,depending on the context..I also like that all of them are normal people,one can connect to them more easily...

Guest racing.pulse

Yoo Yeon Seok is a cutie, but as a lead it's rather odd that he shows up for a few minutes in the first 2 episodes. I'd assumed that he would be in a romance line with Go Ara, but it seems like he and brother Jung Woo are possible candidates, especially when they pointedly save him for last as Candidate #5. From the setup, I was surprised that Garbage was a doctor from his lazy, careless ways, and that she could have been harboring feelings for him from the way he keeps taking care of her as a surrogate older brother. I have no problem with the age difference, as it really is only 5 years.
Yoon Yoon Jae and Sung Shi Won were pretty handsy like siblings too, and it wasn't even until they started high school until he noticed he had feelings for her. I'd say it's a fair game for Garbage (haha does he have a name?) and Na Jung too, though they act more like siblings.

Also, notice how the camera pans from the feet up when they are showing her husband in the wedding video, and again it pans from the feet up when they disclose that Garbage is a doctor. (The cup of milk was a hint but not a reveal.) Coincidence? Or does that just show a habit of the director?

Archived