[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Just watched Episode 18 with Eng subs:

- Did ED believe the curse or was she just acting?
- Agree with the posts above about DS being a complicated character. We know he's obsessed about SN, but clearly, he cares about his family. We've seen it before with TS and this episode, we've seen the way he looked at his father when ET was alone. He is a son wanting to ease his father's troubles. Not enough of a redeeming factor for his character but enough to at least pity him and not despise him, unlike Byung Soo who I think most of us really despise!
- Village Chief is really probably Jeok Ho. When BS (wow, even his initials is a curse in English) mentioned that he has heard of Jeok Ho, Village him looked at him in a calculating, this-guy-can't-be-trusted way.

I guess things have become a bit slow but this blood letter arc is just a starting point to too many arcs. I guess it needs to be slow for proper buildup...then it will peak and (bam!) suddenly explode. I can't wait for the plot surprises!

WY is one brilliant king! I mean if he didn't have his heart in the right place, I'd fear him more than ET. I wonder who will match WY in terms of strategy? Probably Taltal? Now, that's a showdown I look forward to seeing!

Djocn25.jpg?1
yeah dude, I'm asking you the same thing???????
I think you got confused, we requested a shirtless scene for WY, TH, Tal Tal :))
but I have to say he is taking good care of his muscles (good job) :))
when this drama is over everybody would have had their fair share of stripping here
the director is a very fair person, giving all of them their own shirtless bubble LOL

d2GlrE5.jpg?1
did they really have to add the flying effect here
no wonder she looked at him like Jane looked at Tarzan LOL
sorry got affected by the jungle comparison of dangkise here

oqrV2mT.jpg?1
this pic is hilarious LOL
if I were her I would be scared even if it's a stuffed rat :-SS

@petria
this is the only way you can survive all the time ahead of us without empress ki believe me :)))

larabn said:

now guys don't you think it's odd for the crazy lady to show herself just now when everyone is going crazy over the blood letter
I think it's done by her on purpose, she wants to reveal it at the right time and in this pic

she doesn't look that crazy to me, on the other hand I think it's a stare of her knowing exactly what she's doing
and wanting to disclose that letter to SN somehow

now for the fun parts in another post :)

Guest anjshin

@larabn: i agree with you regarding DK's character, what more can he ask for, being rejected to the woman he maybe have fallen for with, being a rival to the woman he might give the heavens, being humiliated and much, being under estimated, underrated to his own father, what more, than just be as devastated as it seems, i felt the sentiments of his, and if he had decided to become more bold or to stir up as the last resort, ottoke, then DK i'll be good to understand you. but with him stirring up may be the start of el temur's reign going down like LOL. adviser of yours truly:  the next time around, learn to have the evidence at hand, hear say up to this time is not accepted in the courts, learn to counter attack in every move that you'll gonna take, and most of all learn WY's tactic of the reverse psychology, maybe just maybe El temur will support you all the way.  >:) >:) >:)

@ChelseaS
that stare specially let me think that she is looking for the right time and person to disclose that letter to
and SN being from Goryeo too she is thinking that she might be that right person
so I think it will be SN who will find that letter via her help
I don't believe she is crazy AT ALL, only acting to be crazy this way no one would take her seriously and find her a threat
so she can hide the letter and move in the palace as she pleases

@anjshin
I agree, I think dangkise is raised in a distorted kinda way
looking for his father's affection but instead his father doesn't do anything but to put him down
and humiliate him in front of his men and the women he was putting on the mighty figure in front of
to him it was a big disappointment, because hitting him in front of SN
proves he is weak so she won't be scared of him...and that is why he went all crazy and tortured her without showing any
signs of being uneasy, nobody is born evil....but certain paths make that person evil and for dangkise
his father was that path....also not being accepted by the girl he likes which in SN's case I totally agree for her not liking him
and not being loved by his own father who counts on his rival (be it in love and power) instead
so as much as I hate him....scenes with his father make me feel a little sorry for him

Guest anjshin

@larabn: i'm really sorry for Dangkise in this story line, i felt the character assassination for him even fictional as we all know. If their father just nurtured them with greatness instead of power scamming, maybe just maybe they lived in peace (writer/s this indeed your fault) and we don't have a novel.  LOL.,cracking up the seriousness  :)>- ;))

loli said: lol... i must say, i do love the expression of TH and WY when it comes to SN. Did you see both their face when they saw SN in that position of been beaten to death?

I thought WY assistant would be the one to back SN but i guess wronged lol.. the King is doing his job hahaha... I wonder what TH will say. you think he'll say give her to me or just let WY take care of her and they'll say its cause of you she's been beaten or being like this??

Mhmm... guess i have to wait to see in two weeks!!! :(( :(( :((

Guest minnie0103

@ohoheli Let me answer your question. :) Unfortunately, there will be no broadcast next week (December 30 & 31) due to the 2013 MBC Drama Awards which is on the 30th and the 2013 MBC Gayo Daejun on the 31st. However, MBC will air an EK special on New Year's Day, featuring some BTS, I think. :) Episode 19 and 20 will be broadcast on January 6 and 7 respectively. So, see you next year, Empress Ki!

@hangeomdo Thanks for remembering me! 'Love the screencaps! :x

Guest kaeruchan

anjshin said: the remarkable lines that made an impact and so far like a last song syndrome to me...
ED & ET: pyeha..... pyeha.... pyeha... (take note they did this on the top of their lungs)  =))
TH: jeonha.. jeonha... joenha.. (the baby emperor is really jealous indeed)

:)>- :))

Guest alwaysjcw8788

susany2k5_1 said: Hmmmm didn't realise that we wasn't allowed to express our opinions on this open forum? This drama is called Empress Ki so of course it's about uri SN's rise from goreyo descendant to how she became Empress of Yuan. This drama isn't historically accurate but it does loosely base on the trials and tribulations of Ki Seung Nyang. Maybe that's why it's called Empress Ki? If it wasn't why didn't they just use fictional characters? If she became Queen of Goreyo then Empress Ki wouldn't have existed in history, that's what I meant but I guess it's not allowed to write my opinion if it upsets WY supporters but WY supporters can take a blow at TH, hypocrisy much?? Wouldn't be much fun if we all shipped the same person now would it ? Lol Anyways don't be offended as it's just my opinion ;)

Hello guys!
I'm new here, but I'm reading this thread a while ago, I'm from Chile.. and I speak Spanish.. not so much English.. but I'll try to do my best for you can understand me. :)
And.. well, I just love Empress Ki! :x
I started to see it just because of Ha Ji Won.. I just love her! 8-> She´s my only actress favorite! :x
But Empress Ki itself is very, very good! :-bd
And... well, is clear that my favorite character is Seung Nyang, right? ;)) She´s so wonderful! 8->
I like both couples... TH-SN and WY-SN.. for me both couples have much chemistry~ :x
The 'villains'.. obviously never going to love them xD The character I don´t like are Lady Park, TN and Bi Soo xD
As I come reading this thread some time ago, I seen your conversations, discussions, thoughts... etc.
Obviously there some things I agree and with others not, but almost always they are fine views with respect and objectivity.
I just dislike when they begin to criticize the drama without criteria, objectivity and most importantly not respect! [-(
For me the drama is going very good, not 'slow' or 'boring', because as always there "those" episodes that show something like 'the daily lives of the characters' so they can move more.. etc.
And.. also, this is just starting recently, still there much to see.. So, please do not criticize it when is not even in ep30.. And if you don´t like.. better not see it, Okay? ( :P)
Besides, the actors/actresses have worked so hard and they have done a wonderful job! Very admirable! *Applaud* =D> And of course, also the writers, directors, staff.. etc. :)>-
Good.. in ends, so far I love how everything is going and I'm waiting for the next episodes. :)

Anyway, I love Empress Ki! :x

P.D: Sorry for the 'long' post xD I hope you can understood my 'poor' English :P
Also I hope everyone can understand my point of view.. This is just my point of view. I don´t want to disrespect anyone, much less create a discucion. I just want peace...
:)>-
I hope everyone can give me welcome and I hope all of you can enjoy and have fun by the k-drama Empress Ki so much as me! ;))
Oh, right! ¡¡Happy Holidays!! <:-P
:D

Guest anjshin

alwaysjcw8788 said:
susany2k5_1 said: Hmmmm didn't realise that we wasn't allowed to express our opinions on this open forum? This drama is called Empress Ki so of course it's about uri SN's rise from goreyo descendant to how she became Empress of Yuan. This drama isn't historically accurate but it does loosely base on the trials and tribulations of Ki Seung Nyang. Maybe that's why it's called Empress Ki? If it wasn't why didn't they just use fictional characters? If she became Queen of Goreyo then Empress Ki wouldn't have existed in history, that's what I meant but I guess it's not allowed to write my opinion if it upsets WY supporters but WY supporters can take a blow at TH, hypocrisy much?? Wouldn't be much fun if we all shipped the same person now would it ? Lol Anyways don't be offended as it's just my opinion ;)

Guest minnie0103

alwaysjcw8788 said: