[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@stclaus I do understand what you mean about the fierce look in her eyes, I also feel like that is SN in default mode. When it comes to seguks I have never really seen a bride walk down the isle smiling as she walks towards the king, even when she does like him. SN did have a regal air about her which probably solidified as she battled those who opposed her marriage to TH. I also am not surprised with that look TH gave SN since SN probably didn't confess to loving him so he might be suspicious about her feelings towards WY and his place in her heart. But I really hope it is not over the love child plot thing, lol. 

ChelseaS said: @rinchan76

I agree with what you said.

I do feel thought that ultimately are setting up a scenario where making the choice is unclear. This is just my assumption. X_X

At the moment what is clear is that SN will do anything for WY, and he will always be her first choice. Look at how she runs to him after he was wounded, protocol of the palace be darned. The things she does for the Emperor were all done not because she wants to, but because she has no choice. I do think that the tender moment in the bridge where she comforted the prince was the only thing she did that was voluntary on her part, and this is also a turning point in their relationship.

I see similarities and differences in the two relationships. The differences has been discussed many times. But, there are similarities also. Both relationship started with SN seemingly at odds with the two male leads (With WY, when SN was still the jackal; and with TH, when SN thought TH was pretending to be the Emperor's brother); then eventually it developed into friendship. Both has one major obstacle they need to hurdle before they ultimately become the love of SN's life. I don't think WY is there yet, although I do think that he has a better chance than the emperor. If the Yuan's are not defeated, then SN and WY will have no chance of being together. On the other hand, the major obstacle between TH and SN is the fact that TH indirectly caused the death of SN's father. We're seeing both major obstacles as being nearly defeated. El Temor is slowly crumbling. So there's a huge chance for SN and WY to be together again in Goryo. On the other hand, the obstacle between TH and SN is slowly being overcome, subtly, with all the cute/light scenes that they have.

So what will happen next? Will WY and SN ever leave the palace together and live the carefree life in Goryo? Will TH ultimately make SN understand the motive behind his betrayal? That remains to be seen. But at the moment, I am enjoying the love triangle immensely!

I don't think we can ever see a light moment between WY and SN, not when they are in the palace. I think at the moment, we will see yearning and longing while we will continue to see light moments with SN and TH.

8->

Guest loveintheicee

Anyway, to those who want to watch it with subs --Episode 17 is uploaded on Darksmurfsubs with rough translation. Does anybody here know Chinese? You can assist me in subbing them too :> Hehehe. 
The Empress Dowager and Prime Minister kept talking to each other in proverbs and im dying here because I have to keep google to see what it means LOL 

Guest walkingintherain

OMG, the ending of ep 17...the 2 men seem so childish to make her suffer!!!    LOL   I would choose neither...

High 5!!!! Me too!!!! If I were SN I would definitely yank my hands away and yell at them '' Boys!!!! One at a time please!!!!'' And return to the place next to Golta. But that's just me

=P~ =P~

yoonmi66 said: No episodes will be broadcast on December 30th (MBC Awards) or 31st, but there will be a special edition (I assume it's full of BTS) of Empress Ki airing at 2:15pm on January 1st (KST).We as viewers suffer, but it's a good chance for the crew to get more episodes in the can. :)

Credit to Baidu forums --> Korean forums
Korean/Chinese fan ramblings that I find highly amusing:"The Goryeo King sure has fine skin - just some hot tea caused such a big wound. Actually, it looks more like an acid burn.""That scene was definitely fanservice. Goryeo King will be 'burnt' whether he just sits there or moves to save SN." (from her position, it is highly unlikely that she will be the victim)."

TH wanted to do the play for SN to please her and his plan was sweet and it did work for her
For, she was smiling like a child in Disney land :) cute!!!
but he had to ruin it with his "I'm acting all Casanova in front of WY" hand holding parade :-w
and WY fuming with jealousy and anger seeing SN trying to break from TH's hand hold didn't think it twice
but joined the festival and held the other hand :-w
and this is where this hold rope pulling game starts
look at me ..........no look at me =D>  seriously??!!!
if I were SN I would do high splits (since they both have her hands) knocking both of them :-w
and while Tanashiri is, I have no clue what land did she travel to.........hit her head to the table too :))

sarah.lina said: @larabn, @petria : The cliffhanger will surely be daebak tonight, they will torture us hahaha :D
Ok, ok, I will immediately prepare some weird humor and of course with El Plague and El Sniff our wild imagination will be there, i'm sure :D

@petria Thanks for always reading my comments, I know they can be quite long, so I appreciate it. >:D< :x
In a couple of hours, I wonder if they will open with the SN tug of war scene. I remember in the preview either TN or SN said something akin to " will you let go of that hand," if it was TN I wonder if she will try to emulate her father and kick over the table :)) . I wonder if those incense can grant fire breathing abilities because it would make the possible chaos that would ensue all the more hilarious. =)) I can see it now TN breathing fire as her head spins =)) .

petria said: @minnie0103
 It will be all right with me if the preview for the episode which will be aired NEXT YEAR lasts for 2 or 3 hours  :))

@larabn, @sarah.lina
Tonight`s bridge scene :-? I bet that Ta Hwan will catch them X_X
Cliffhanger? :-? Sung Nyang will have to choose between Ta Hwan`s life and Wang Yoo`s love? X_X