[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

20140430181046_5360be16ee19b_1.jpg

Ji Chang Wook left a comment for finishing 'Empress Ki.'

Ji Chang Wook, who recently casted in MBC drama 'Empress Ki' as Ta Hwan, said, "I just finished my last shooting, and I feel very sad to say goodbye to all of these actors, actresses, and staffs."

He went on, "However, it was a great honor and pleasure to be working with all of them."

He also added, "I promise to be back as soon as possible with another great work."

Meanwhile, the last episode of 'Empress Ki' aired on April 29th.

[Reporting by Jeong Ju-Ri en@starnnews.com]

Jo Jae-yun Instagram 1 May 2014:  "환이와 나 -- 벌써 그립다. 그때가..."  ("Hwan-iya I -- miss our times already...")

Nope, sorry Traitor Golta, ya rat ba$tard.  Good luck trying to cheer us up as we're all crying in our soju.  Ain't gonna work... :P

6dc2f6fad0cd11e3b2420002c9d7d592_8_zps8f

@Katrina Abdul Talib forgive me but, you can`t rely only on wikipedia.

It`s bayan khutug who become main empress in 1340 and for almost 30 years reign side by side with Toghon Temur.

Actually Empress Ki returned to goryeo after Toghon Temur (TH) died in 1370. Theres a tomb of her. @hanaseyes post some link that show her tomb location in SK.

The missing thing about her probably because she nearly not mention in goryeo nor yuan history.

And she only become primary empress in 1365, but true that she being his concubine for more than 30 years.

Well Empress Ki is considered a Traitor in Korea so they won't look, she's not Han so the Chinese won't look and to the Mongolian's she's Korean so they won't look.

Unfortunately for her, even in death she really doesn't belong to any country. Which is kinda sad.

EK writers probably didn't know what to with her after TH's death and the fall of Yuan either.

I've come to conclude she really has the saddest life, since young to old she doesn't seem to have any really happy times, even during the period she was with TH there was still ET's clan about ready to kill her. Till the end, even though her an TH are back on good terms, he's sick and dying and she has to run the country.

The girl can't catch a break.

Thank you to the genius screen writer and PD team for giving us such an amazing journey. Amazing, wrap up on the Finale episode.TH scene with GT was truly heartbreaking for him as he had trusted GT for a long time. JCW is truly a superb young actor who totally embraced his character as Emperor TH. I'm totally mesmerized by his acting here from the beginning till the end. His level of talent is truly above those hot super popular young actors.

Chingus, I would love to learn more facts about the history of empress ki, where can I find it?? I've searched up Mongolian empresses, yuan empresses, empress ki (gi) and not much came up. Her history is so fascinated, makes me want to learn as much as I can.

The Ending Of "Empress Ki" Brought Viewers And Ha Ji Won To Tears Not only did viewers cry when the final episode ended. So did Ha Ji Won and the other members of the cast. "We finished filming this morning and I returned to the dressing room to put down my costume and crown," said Ha Ji Won. "When I faced the cast and crew that I worked with for nine months it made me cry. We just cried without saying anything." Nine months is a long time to work together on a drama. The cast and crew began working in the sweltering heat last August and worked through a long hard winter. "We went through a lot of tough times, but never once did the smile fade from their faces," she said. "The energy they radiated is what made this drama." The drama was very special to her and she admits to worrying about every detail of her portrayal. "It was one of the toughest and saddest dramas I ever had to do," she said. "I realized that as time passed and I couldn't stop my eyes from watering, that I understood her." And thanks to her performance, so did viewers. "I am so grateful to everyone who watched the drama," she said. Although the actress has said that it will be difficult to let go of Seungnyang, whom she has lived with for the past nine months, she will only take a short break before moving on to her next project, the film "Chronicles of a Blood Merchant." Cr:http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20806/20140430/the-ending-of-empress-ki-brought-viewers-and-ha-ji-won-to-tears.htm

:-B I personally liked Empress Ki....compared to other 50+Eps dramas that I have watched, EK delivered in many areas...for me, personally, I felt that the acting by All of the actors was Top Notch, Excellent. I was never frustrated by events nor bored by this drama. I accepted all that occurred simply because I decided to set aside information about the factual history, and watched purely based on what was presented by the Writer(s). I was never a shipper for either WY or TH....I believe that a person can fall in love more than once. I prefer to believe that SN loved both WY and TH...both men were very different.....but, her destiny was not with WY...It would never have been possible for SN and WY to have a life together. With TH, it was obvious that TH and SN life together was not going to be a bed of roses  .......then there was TalTal, the chemistry between TalTal and SN was off the charts....any wishful thinking on my part would have had SN , in some crazy way end up with TalTal rather than with WY or TH....Like I said it was an illogical wish....I'd actually like to see HJW and JYH (hope, I got his initials right) in another drama together as the main leads ....a rom -com would be great....mostly, because there was enough chaos and deaths in this drama to last a lifetime. I was saddened by WY's death, but not surprised by his death. There was no doubt that TH would also end up at deaths door, simply because he had been poisoned for so long. I guess my biggest problem with EK had to be with having El Plague survive till eps 51!!!!  El Plague should have been knocked OFF a zillion eps before eps 51 and he should have not been given a chance to whisper even one word!  Oh, well, no dramas prefect.  To everyone on this thread...thanks you've been great.   Now, off to watch a comedy...that is if I can find one~~~~~~~ :-/

I need to put a closure on this. I stayed away from ep 51, coz in my heart the series ended at ep 50 when Wang Yu was killed. I just want to give honor to some of the great characters that may have been overlooked like Wang Yu's loyal troika, and some well, just a piece of my mind on some of them.

To Wang Yu’s men:

To Jombak –you have done us proud, not just your clan, but the viewers too. When you charged towards Tahwan hiding behind enemy lines, I felt your daring and your pride at having served a king who treated you like family. You were more than willing to lay your life for him. Where better to learn that courage to protect than from your master- Wang Yu.

To Musong- you were always Wang Yu’s second. You watched him like a shadow, and made sure you were with your master through thick and thin. You even took those arrows that were meant for his heart. You gladly gave your remaining life to him to give him a few more minutes to live, hoping that he would save himself. You were always his supreme commander and much more. You were his brother, in life and in death.

To Bang- that scene when Wang Yu was temporarily saying his good bye to you, telling you to wrap up things quickly, there was something about that farewell that made me shed buckets of tears. As he offered his handshake and thanked all of you, you were all so excited and hopeful that all your hardwork have paid off. Little did we know that it would be the last goodbye.

to the baddies:

To Empress Dowager- Well, there really is no crying over spilt milk. And DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THOSE JARS WOULD FETCH ON THE MARKET IN THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY!!!!! OMG! …… what’s wrong with you!!! Didn’t you know that those were authentic jade antique jars? You have no sense of artisan preservation. And I have nothing to say to you except that it was only fitting that you drank the same poison your son was given. I have nothing good to say about you and your son Tahwan, except that an apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

And finally Golta- seriously?! You toad! You are a depiction of 14th century capitalism? I don’t know dude! But, your role seemed  a little too forced to the end. It was totally out of place. Maybe it’s just me, but your character development wasn’t sophisticated enough to merit any good review. So, since nothing comes to mind. I’ll move on…. sorry dude! Nothing personal.  Oh and that line you used on your Paeha , that you are all about gold? …nah! It doesn’t sound good on you. Your revelation was too forced and rushed. So, we’ll end it here, and let’s not hope for a next time.

And let me not forget Tal Tal......sigh.......

Tal Tal-…….what can I say….but….. hello! salty goodness……..i’m seriously having airway problems right now, just thinking about you….  do you even know how beautiful you are? I guess not. Why is it that when Tahwan wielded that sword to kill Golta,  I only saw a deranged man.  But when you slayed Golta's assitant,  I saw a handsome, cool as a cucumber general, so cool you’re just oozing with sex appeal, it’s making me dizzy.… I need to call 911, stat!. I have so many things to say to you, but I am so distracted just by the thought of you. You were once a very quiet no nonsense, handsome, bookworm. Content to be a scholarly and beautifully handsome assistant to Bayan’s all brawn and no brains kind of leadership. You who provided Bayan wise counsel as a… did I mention majestically handsome vice regent?... ..ok I really don’t know where this is going, except that you’ve captured everyone’s imagination, slowly but surely. And now that we’re hooked, we don’t know how to forget you… you who lightened up the screen with your own brand of magic. Sexy and hot and let’s not forget handsome again. It was hard enough seeing Wang Yu strut his hot presence on screen, and then you made it even more explosive. Even you weren’t spared by these blood thirsty writers. I just thank God they did not show us the gory details of your passing. Before I end this I have to ask you ……..Who is your hair stylist? No matter how long the battle takes place, there is never a hair out of place on your beautiful , and handsome head…..and I didn’t forget to mention handsome, right?.... yeah I just said that.  And lastly, I really wanted to know…. what shampoo do you use? You have such a handsome and glorious and healthy mane….. and did I forget handsome again? I will miss your quiet, calm, cool and sexy hot presence on screen. Where do I go from here?............someone help me please.

• Unamused 1

I have to laugh else I'm going to be very sad that Empress Ki has bid us farewell only to be entombed in the kdrama history books. I say laugh because I interpreted reshowing the beach horse scene as the writers saying...." We told u way back in episode 3 who SN was going to pick...you just were not paying attention." LOL =)) I had a couple of firsts with Empress Ki. My first 50 episode saeguk and my first time blogging for any show. I'm glad I found soompi and the rich, funny, enlightening, sad, disappointed, anxious, conversations on this blog have enriched my life. It's always so wonderful to get many perspectives on various episodes and characters. I love my saeguk endings they're heartbreaking and I'm crying right along with my characters because I feel their pain. there is something so ALIVE about that. Mind numbing murder mysteries only challenge your mind but kdramas they challenge your heart to love, to forgive and to want more love. It's my escape because forgiving in real life not so easy...but it leaves me hopeful. SN, TH. And WY love triangle was always about sacrificing and protecting the one you love. TH took a while to get there but what's most important is he arrived. I will miss my Korean history lessons on this blog...I will just have to find another one. Until we meet again in our quest for kdrama endless, unconditional, life altering or life ending love....make my quest easier by sharing what new or old kdramas are worth watching.....LOL... =((

New articles:
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20837/20140430/empress-ki-ji-chang-wook-tries-to-lie-jo-jae-yoon.htm
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20857/20140430/empress-ki-ends-only-ha-ji-won-remains.htm
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20835/20140430/empress-ki-jo-jae-yoon-and-evil-crowd-dies.htm
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20833/20140430/empress-ki-ji-chang-wook-jin-yi-han-face-ending-with-joo-jin-mos-death.htm

Guest bashful

I will wait for HJW to return to the small screen again. She is a great actress. So positive and beautiful. EK has finally ended. I am happy but I will miss it a little especially since this was such a bitter yet sweet ending. Looking forward for HJW upcoming projects.