[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

The real (or not) EP 51 (finale) C-subs to English translations.
Just a warning, there might be some translations errors as the C-subs (the ones that come out quicker) has had some major screw ups with the last few episodes, so I have to learn the correct translations from fans on Baidu after the fact, so just bare with it, and you can have a reason to re-watch it again (like me) with proper subs.
Read on if you dare.  Some of the questions that weren't answered are answered in this last episode.  Why GT became a Eunuch, and did TH find out the letters were fake.

NOTE: You're wondering what's wrong with me right?  I'm going back and forth between Ki and SN?  Well I thought Ki was more appropriate, so I started calling Hwanghu Ki, but then when I read HJW's own postings, and she refers to her character as SN, so I'm going to revert back to SN.  That's all.  You still know who I'm talking about, right?

TH realizes he's starting to his memory and notices it's always at times when he's reviewing the court scrolls and documents, and after he takes the tonic from GT.  He's starting to get suspicious. As he calls for GT, the other guard tells him that GT has left the palace to tend to his sick mother.
TH orders to have GT prepare the tonic for him as soon as he returns.
(words that appear on the screen just says 'Final Episode')
SN: A gathering?EB: The ML has ordered for an emergency meeting tonight.PBH: We should send troops there immediately to search that place!EB: They're highly alert, they'll all disappear before the troops arrive.SN: I will go myself.PBH: Mama!EB: It's not only dangerous, it's also hard to get inside.SN: We have a way to fool the enemies...
Return to the end of last episode.
ML: Hwanghu!SN: Hwanghu?  Seems like you know me well.  You, who are you?ML: Kill Hwanghu!
ptem.gif

Guard tells GT they have to take cover.  SN orders to go after them.
SN brings brings back some of the people she captured from the Eagle Group (EG).
TT: What happened?SN: It's people from the Eagle Group.TT: Hwanghu mama you handled it personally?SN: It was to infiltrate their secret gathering, there was no other way.TT: The ML?SN: He escaped.  However, if you torture them then we may be able to find the ML.TT: I understand.  Take them away.Men: Yes, Dae Seung Sang.
Guard: No one knows your real identity, you don't have to worry.GT: Send an order to all of Eagle Group to stop all activities and take cover.Guard: Yes leader.
ED is furious that Yuan is being heavily influenced by Goryeo fashion, good and culture.  Jang tells her it's spreading like some disease.  ED is angry at SN for bringing on these outrageous trends.
The consorts are complimenting each other on their new fashion.  ED is not happy, and is scolding them for wearing Goryeo attire, saying they've lost their minds.  Consorts apologize.  ED puts an order to ban all Goryeo fashion within the palace, and will harshly punish anyone who breaks the rule.
SN: What is the reason for not allowing these clothes?ED: Recently all there have been Goryeo dishes added to all the food.  Not only that, even the common people have started to change their (religious) rituals to Goryeo style.  Is this not trying to eliminate the traditions of Yuan (culture), then what is it? SN: Goryeo cultures have also become like those of Yuan.  During weddings, brides also put blush on their cheeks, pierce their ears to wear earrings.  Exchange in cultures is understandable.  How can we say Goryeo style is not allowed?  Dok Man.  Send a Goryeo outfit to Taehu mama.  DM: Yes, Hwanghu mama.ED: Hwanghu!SN: I trust that you will wear the outfit to tomorrow's morning ceremony.ED: Even if there's sand in my eyes, I will not stand to watch this country turn into Goryeo.SN: If you don't like me, then you can leave.  I won't get in your way.
TT is torturing the people from EG.  SN doesn't believe they know nothing, they must know something, age, name, where he lives, anything.  Finally someone tells them who enters and leaves the palace.
SN brings that information to TH, and tells him that TT is investigating right now.  TH has a headache again and SN orders GT to get the tonic for TH.  TH starts to think if the ML is someone who is able to enter and leave the palace freely, it couldn't be...
GT is making the 'tonic' for TH.  He realizes that SN is on to him now and decides they need to act fast.  He orders to have YBS gather those who are in support of the new Emperor.
TH: Golta!GT: Paeha!TH: Quickly!GT: Are you feeling better now?TH: Though my headache is relieved, but I'm suddenly feeling really faint...GT: Paeha...sleep for a little bit and your headache will go away.TH (to himself): I can't pass out like this.  I can't! (gripping a shard of the shattered bowl in his hand to help him stay conscious).GT: Before the new Emperor is put to the throne, you need to stay alive.  So you can't die, just be sick like this.  Once all the preparations for the new world is complete, then at that time, I will send you on your way.Guard: Leader!  Tonight Hwang Taehu will gather with those who are in support of the Emperor.GT: Good.TH(to himself): Leader?  Golta is the Eagle Group ML!  Golta you're a traitor!  How that be, Golta how can you...
ED meets with BT and all the people who used to be on BA's side.  ED claims to these people that Yuan is in danger because of the weak (sick) Emperor and the evil Goryeo woman who's using him. She's telling everyone they need to unite to help save the country.  Everyone is ready to accept her orders.
ED: Taegong-Wang are you prepared?BT: Everyone is in support of me to become the Emperor, how can I dare to fail.YBS: First we need to the forces of Hwanghu who holds the power in the courts.  Submit the scrolls to the Emperor, our EG will handle the approval from the Emperor.BT: How's the Emperor's condition?Jang: It looks to be very serious.ED: This means it's time.
DM delivers some tonic to TH and checks on him.  Before he leaves, he says to TH that he has to get well soon.  TH wakes up and calls DM.  TH whispers something to his ears, and DM starts to cry, but accepts his order when TH asks if he can do it.
TH starts to cough out blood.
El Plague explains to ED that once TH starts to cough up blood, his only way is death.  ED asks who ML is, and El Plague tells her she'll find out soon.  Jang is worried that as long as SN is still around, it'll be difficult for them to have TH abdicate.  El Plague assures them that ML will take care of it.
Turns out they put poison in TH's food.  TH's silver spoon used to test for poison in his ftonic turned black.  The evil guard is sent to 'investigate' it.  GT tells TH not to worry, they'll find out who did it.  TH thinks to himself why does GT have to do this.  Evil guard comes back to say the kitchen maid who made the tonic was killed, and from what he found out, it was PBH who did it.  Immediately GT scolds him for saying such nonsense, it can't be Hwanghu!
TH(to himself): So they want to eliminate Hwanghu.  Who is it that you want to put to the throne?GT: Paeha, seems like there must be some mistake.  We'll re-investigate this.TH: There's no need.  In any case, this Emperor position is originally a father kill son, a son kill father position.GT: Paeha...
SN comes to check on TH.
SN: Paeha, are you feeling better?  TH: Just as you see, I'm very well.  You can leave now.SN: Paeha...TH: I don't want to talk you, just leave now.SN: Is there something I did wrong?  If I did anything to anger you, just say it out as you wish.TH: This position is where a son kills the father.SN: Paeha...TH: I almost forgot about that greed you have for power.SN: Exactly what happened?TH: I don't want to see, leave.  Leave now!
SN is saddened and confused after leaving TH's quarters.
SN: Can you guess why Paeha is like this all of a sudden?PBH: I'm also confused.SN: What misunderstanding does he have with me now?
DM is watching from the side and he goes to meet TH.
DM: Paeha.TH: Yes, have you found out what was put into that tonic?DM: Yes, Paeha.  It's used in the Tantra, a type of toxic poison.TH: Toxic poison, its it a poison that can't be cure?DM: Paeha...what symptoms have you experienced?TH: My mind is unstable, I can't sleep, terrible headaches, and I've coughed bloodlDM: You've coughed blood?TH: Is it really serious?DM: Paeha...TH: I've already prepared myself, you can be honest with me.DM: If you've started coughing blood, there  is no way to treat it, the poison has already spread through your organs.TH: After taking that poison tonic, it'll make fall to a deep sleep and lose my memory.  Is there anyway to go against it?  DM: Are you going to continue drinking it?TH: You just have to answer!  Is there anyway to keep me awake?DM: There is a tonic to slow down the poison.TH: Give me that tonic.DM: We can't do that.  That can only keep you awake, but it won't resolve the poison.  It will only bring down your health.TH: This is a royal order!  Give me that tonic.DM: Paeha!TH: Also, you absolutely can not let Hwanghu know about this. DM: What is it that you want to do?TH: Before I die, I need to find those forces that will endanger Hwanghu and Ayu, and exterminate them.DM: Paeha, you should still tell Hwanghu mama...TH: Hwanghu will oppose my plan.DM: Paeha...TH: This is the last thing I can do for Hwanghu.  Dok Man, can you help?DM: Yes...Paeha...
TH continues to take that poison and pretends to fall asleep.  
GT: Paeha, you shouldn't be suspicious of Hwanghu mama.TH: Golta...it's Hwanghu.  Aside from Hwanghu no one else can do something like this. GT: Paeha...Paeha...Guard: We never expected Hwangje to suspect Hwanghu this easily.GT: This is all thanks to YBS for sending those secret messages.  The suspicion and complains that have accumulated in the last 5 years is all being released now.  This can't be repaired that easily.TH(to himself): The secret messages, even those were done by you Golta...
GT reveals himself to ED, ED is shocked he's the ML.
GT tells her that there's not a rift between TH and SN, and TH will go down soon.  GT asks if ED would like to be regent for while before the new Emperor is brought it.  ED is eager to hear GT's plans.  GT tells her TH doesn't have anymore will, everything is within his control now.  
ED: You really are an amazing person.GT: Thanks to ET, Eagle Group has grown drastically.  After I learned that power can earn money, I entered the palace without any hesitation.ED: After ET, it was BA, now it's me?GT: If this country's power was in Hwangje's hands, I wouldn't go through this trouble.ED: You came to me, then this means it's all thanks to Hwanghu.GT: The past isn't important, I will be loyal to Taehu mama.  All I want is the sole rights to sell all the minerals and salt throughout the country.ED: I won't make you regret your decision for choosing me.  Therefore, quickly take Hwang Sang down.GT: Yes mama, I will understand.
GT suggests to TH that he should hand his administrations over to someone so he and rest and restore his health.  GT suggests SN, but TH says it can't be SN, he wants ED to be regent. GT says all the officials are on SN's side, what if they object.  TH says he'll kill them all.
TH: Hwanghu attempted to kill me.  Those who support her are part of her group.  I want to write decree.  Go prepare for it.GT: Yes, Paeha.
TH enters the grand hall to meet all the officials and ministers.  TH makes an excuse to remove all the major officials and ministers from their positions.  SN tries to object, but TH tells her to stay out of it.
TH has Jang read his decree to appoint ED as regent due to his poor health.  SN leaves as soon as she hears this.  
ED goes to see TH.  ED pretends to be worried about his health, but TH says he wants to write a decree to abdicate as he's not capable of ruling due to his health.  ED asks who he's going to appoint to take over the throne, instead, TH asks if she has anyone in mind.  ED takes this opportunity to suggest.  Now TH knows who they want to replace him with.  TH agrees and tells ED he wants to announce his decree soon, and tells her to gather all the major officials and ministers for this.
DM has finally decided to tell SN about TH's plan.  
SN: What do you mean?  How can Paeha's illness be incurable?  Why are you only telling me now!DM: I'm at fault, mama.  Paeha had instructed me personally.SN: What instructions?
TT: You were looking for me?SN: I have something urgent to discuss with you. Paeha...TT: I know.  I just received a secret order from Paeha.SN: A secret order?jsz.gif
@jeonghyang - borrowing your image(s), hope you don't mind 
SN: Paeha really put down an order like that?TT: So mama, you need to be prepared.
El Plague is sucking up to BT, calling him Paeha already, and asking for an award.  El Plague was to be make a first ranked general to control the army.  BT promises that they'll grant him his wish.  And now he's heading to the palace.
JC is sucking up to El Plague.  El Plague says finally he gets to choose his master, now.
EB and JK are spying from outside.  JK is worried about El Plague, but EB tells him that he's got news from PBH that there will a big change happening in the palace.
SN has a flashback to when DM tells her that TH is doing all of this to get rid of all forces that would endanger her and Ayu.  DM tells SN that TH is currently battling death.
z24u.gif

ED thinks TH is going to announce his abdication, but instead he's reading an order to punish all the rebels.  
TH: Everyone here are those close to Taehu mama.  Taehu mama.ED: Yes, Hwang Sang.TH: I'm really happy to be able to see everyone all at once.ED: Hwang Sang, you've been tired.  Why don't you announce the abdication decree now.TH: Yes.  Usurpers listen!  How dare you attempt to murder Hwangje and Hwanghu! Plan a rebellion to steal the throne!ED: Hwang Sang...TH: Therefore I will punish you here for your crimes.ED: What are you talking about?TH: Dae Seung Sang!TT: Yes, Paeha.TH: All those evil people before my eyes, kill them all.TT: Kill them all.
95x.gif

TH: The two of you actually betrayed me.  Why did you do this?ED: It was Hwang Sang who abandoned me first.TH: I abandoned you?ED: Do you disagree?  You've been bewitched by that Goryeo wench and view me as nothing.TH: Hwang Taehu, what you need is not me, it's my power.  You've discovered you can get from me what you wanted, so you planned a rebellion.ED: Power, of course I need it.  You can only survive in this palace if you have power. I assisted you with all my heart, but you gave all that power to Hwanghu!  Is that not betrayal?SN: You should just shut that awful mouth of your's.TH: Golta-ah, why did you betray me?GT: I didn't betrayed.  You were never my master from the start.TH: What?GT: My only master is money.  Only money.  Even power will betray, money will never betray.TH: Right.  You should just keep on making your last struggle...GT: Once a donkey is out of energy, then it must be replaced with a cart.  I'm only working for my goal.  Abandon the donkey I've been riding to replace it with a new one.  That's my only crime.TH: So this is it.  Golta, you for money, and over there, that one for power!  I...I was too dumb, I belived there were things more important than money and power.  How could I believe something like that.  Me, I was stupid!SN: Paeha, please calm down.GT: Hwanghu is no different from me.TH: Shut your mouth!GT: If she didn't get anything in return, even if she was faced with Hwangje, why would she give away her heart, Paeha.TH: Shut your mouth!!GT: You're a stupid Hwangje!  Please, from this body you must...
kqs.gif

TH: Hwang Taehu, you should speak now.  Speak to your heart's content, let everything out!SN: Paeha...Paeha...
TH: You (and Ayu) will be able to have some good days soon.SN: I've already heard from Dok Man.TH: I don't know what you've heard, or how you heard it, but I, I will definitely not die.SN: Paeha...TH: My Hwanghu and Ayu, we will live a long and happy life.  Who' said anything about dying?SN: To cure you, I will do everything I can.  For you to recover, it will happen, I will succeed.
b79.gif

ED drinks her her own death tonic right before SN arrives to tell her that she's being banished to Gem Eob Tsa to repent her crimes.  She's been forgiven even though she's committed a crime worthy of death.  ED refuses to leave the palace.  
ED: I will never leave this palace.SN: Indeed, would you rather be humiliated?ED: Why should I?  Why should I be sent away by a lowly Goryeo wench like you?SN: Hwang Taehu, please don't push yourself to death.  I can't be that kind and forgiving.ED: I, even if I die, I will be a ghost of this palace.  Why would I leave?  I'm the master of the inner palace!  I!!SN: She committed suicide.  Burn her body and dispose it outside of the palace.
zeyu.gif

Troops go to arrest El Plague.  El Plague tells JC they need to escape to Goryeo village because that's the only safe place even if the people there hate them.  In the end EB and JK end up capturing El Plague.
On their way back to the palace all the people from the Goryeo village are chanting their hatred toward El Plague and JC.
SN: You oppressed your own people.  You've really lived for a long time.YBS: The country has starved many people to death, I have take some advantage to survive.SN: You too, even in the end you don't understand your own crime.YBS: You too!  To survive, you also stepped over others through your path to reach where you are today.  You've become Hwanghu, and I'm only looking for a way to stand-out.  You and I, what difference is there?SN: Do you really still not understand the crimes you have committed?YBS: My crime?  Is that damn bad luck, so I was born in a strapped country like Goryeo.  If I am guilty of any crime, then that's my crime!  Is there anything else?  Please tell me!  I!  What deathly crimes have I committed!
All the people are chanting to kill El Plague, calling him a traitor.
YBS: I'm YBS!  Do you all think you're living a dignified life?  All you ignorant and stupid people!
EB: Why are you shedding tears for that man who is less than an ant?SN: If the country was at peace and stable, even YBS, in Goryeo he would have been a good husband, a good father.  That face, it's someone who never benefited from the welfare of Goryeo, the face of a pitiful citizen.kkmbxqq8.jpg

Back at the palace, a new group of tribute women are being brought in.
SN is surprised there are tribute women being brought in when an order was never sent.  PBH tells her it's a common practice of high ranked officials and ministers to 'gift' tribute women.  SN orders to have them released, and brought to rest, then returned back to Goryeo.
A few years laterSN is informed that her brothers have been killed by the Goryeo king.
SN: What! Goryeo king killed my brothers?PBH: Yes, mama.  Killed them mercilessly.SN: I've warned them many times to watch themselves.PBH: Even though mama-nims brothers have opposed the Goryeo king, but if it wasn't for Hwanghu mama, he would not have become the Goryeo king.  He's forgotten his benefactor and continued to enforce anti-Yuan rules to create issues for mama-nim.  He should be abandoned.SN: Yuan, is in a decline because of the continuous rebellions and disasters.PBH: But mama you need to make a decision.SN: Shim Yang Wang, the troops to eliminate Goryeo, are they prepared?New guy: Yes, mama!
Another few years later
News is brought back from the battlefield.
PBH tells SN that TT had died in battle, and the rebel army are about to reach the capital, they need ot escape now.
TT: The rebel army has broken pass the empty lands. If we don't stop them now, Dadu (capital) will soon be in danger.SN: I heard their army forces are great. TT: If I don't return, or the country...If Dadu falls in danger, please retreat to the north without hesitation.  There are wide Mongol prairies there, if it's there, you should prepare for the future.
Oh final scene of SN and TH.
TH: Nyangyi-ah. Hwanghu.  What's going on with the rebel army?SN: Don't worry about it.  Dae Seung Sang sent back good news of a victory.TH: That's great, it's really great.SN: Paeha, would you like to go galloping in the northern prairies with me?  Isn't that the origins of Yuan? I've always wanted to go there with Paeha.TH: Yes, yes.  If it's something that my Hwanghu wishes, then there's no where we can't go.SN: I...will prepare everything
9u0x.gif

TH: Nyangyi-ah...my ears...ears are feeling a little itchy.SN: Just rest on my lap.  I remember when I first came here as a musari, Paeha said your ears were itchy, at that time I...TH: I love you.  I love you Nyangyi-ah.SN: I...love you too.  I sincerely love you Paeha.  I sincerely love you...
f4a.gif

bp8.gif

k3z.gif

And that's a wrap!

Oh may, this is my 4th time watching the last scene and my heart still aches!! =((
Thank you everyone for your support of Empress Ki, and putting up with me!
It's a sad ending, not just in the drama, but also for the drama.
I know a lot of us didn't want the drama to be extended, but now that the end is here, I'm sure many of us are hoping that they would've extended the drama (or is it just me???).
Anyhoo, happy reading!

@tieuyeunu 
Actually I think TH knew that SN was lying to him when she told him TT brought back news of victory.  He should have been smart enough to know that SN didn't suggest to go to the northern prairies to go horseback riding, it was to retreat for safety.
I think by the time TH died, another 5-10 years would have passed already.
Oh...I can't think about this anymore, it pains me to think about it...

• Like 1

@pegster Yeah I got the feeling too but I want to believe he believes it. This is probably the first outright lie Ki had ever said to TH.

You know when I was reading your translation I thought of something funny...

SN:
Just rest on my lap.  I remember when I first came here as a musari, Paeha said your ears were itchy, at that time I...TH: I love you.  I love you Nyangyi-ah.SN: I...love you too.  I sincerely love you Paeha.  I sincerely love you...

So if you take out the TH...

SN:
Just rest on my lap.  I remember when I first came here as a musari, Paeha said your ears were itchy, at that time I...SN: I...love you too.  I sincerely love you Paeha.  I sincerely love you...

Fuel for thought don't you think?

I wonder what she would have said had he not interrupted her...

@tieuyeunu 
That is exactly what I've been curious about!!!  It's killing me!
Maybe she was going to say 'I didn't want to do it', or 'I've never cleaned someone's ears before' (like whe she said she's never undressed someone else before when he told her to take off his pants for him).
I also wonder if it might be another confession.  Maybe like 'At that time I felt really uncomfortable.  I think that was when I first started having feelings for you'.
But that's a bit of a loop hole, wasn't SN already a palace maid at that time, and not a musari?

TV: Empress Ki Finale

Article:
Finale 'Empress Ki', Ha Ji Won the sole survivor... 'bloody sad ending'

Source
: TV Report via Naver

1. [+5,185, -559] Why did Tahwan have to die?? Koreans are already depressed enough as it is, did they really have to make the drama even more depressing by killing everyone off...

2. [+4,391, -129] Ah, Tahwan TTT everyone's really dead, really dead... Their acting was so great. The drama was controversial over its distortion of history but as a drama, it was more than enough fun.

3. [+3,652, -229] My heart hurts TT Ji Chang Wook deserves a daesang, don't you agree? TTT

4. [+2,751, -83] Everyone worked hard on the filming!!! Upsetting to see it end..

5. [+682, -17] Jung Woong In's actin was daebak. Dirt even got in his mouth.

6. [+618, -26] What have I been watching for 51 episodes... I thought it'd be a happy ending... Should've ended it at the state ceremony.

7. [+446, -34] Watch over Ji Chang Wook... his acting is on a completely different level from kids like Lee Min Ho, Kim Woo Bin, and Lee Jong Suk.

8. [+438, -57] Thought I was watching Aurora Princess for a second -- Why did they kill the cast off? If they're going to distort history, why not distort the ending while they're at it? Why follow how history happened for the ending. Made me cry so hard -- Why did you kill them off!!!!!!! TT

Source:
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/04/tv-spoilers-empress-ki-finale.html

Guest adjani1430293095

I thought the ending was dramatic... whether it is fitting... is really up for comments, I believe TH had to die considering his health and being slowly poisoned, it also plays out nicely with regards to WY's ending as well.
At least it seemed to be clear for the shippers that SY did really love/care for both these men. 
In order for history to kinda of be followed I suppose the dynasty ending was going to be set in stone and there is account of what happened so that couldnt be too far off... 
TT being the true consistent character - heroic to the end ... trying to save the empire ... and SY. There was so much unspoken between them... sigh... if only he didnt die.. if TH had died earlier... (I know its a bit harsh... ) 
I am not to sure why the scene of TH killing everyone had to be done though,.. surely there was some other way to make that point. I also didnt like the ending for EL P and Curly hair.... hmm .... 
As always thank you all for this journey.. .. 

You know the shows over when you have to remove all your saved links for Empress Ki live stream and archive the recapping sites...

Is this really goodbye show? Say it isn't so...

I hope they release more BTS and some NG's.

@pegster I'm of the mind that she would have said she was already touched by him, this was after she came was sick and he came to look after her, and got the royal doctor to take care of her.

I don't think it was loved but it was start of something and she was grateful but never had the chance to say thank you.

Hi all ~ I want to THANK everyone here ~ ♥ for making this 6 month journey an *added value* experience. But, I won't say good bye as it is easy to meet again here at the boards for each of our next-new-addiction shows. (once you're hooked, you just can't quit Kdramas)  :x
For the moment, I'll part with the words given me in Spring of 2009, after I had discovered "Queen of Housewives" one night while surfing YouTube. (it was Oh Ji Ho's face that hooked me, what can I say?) 
After scouting all the websites I could find to figure out "what IS this Kdrama thing?" I asked at one forum, "The costume dramas look beautiful, but they're soooo long. Is it worth trying one out?"
The reply (and I wish I could remember the poster's name for credit sake) "They can be really good -- BUT -- in Saguek, almost always: Rocks Fall and EVERYBODY DIES."
I laughed out loud at the answer and thought, "What a hilarious response! I'm sure she can't mean EVERYBODY." teehee snicker.
But here it is (again) Rocks Fell and Everybody Died. Raising a final shot of Soju to the Cast & Crew of Empress Ki and to all of you as well !! ((HUG!!))
p.s. everyone please avoid rocks now and in future :P

Guest Indah Permatasari

tumblr_n4tnhrI6gn1tv0kybo1_500.jpg

My only consolation for leaving my Seung Nyang alone and killing my precious Tal Tal… :'( :'( :'(

either ways thank you writers for giving us one epic drama to cry, laugh, smile, fall in love, hate, fear, mourn, regret and all the feels we’ve been through for about half a year..
If not for your psycho minds then we won’t be greatly, fully involved and devoted to this drama!!! You took us from high to low, to low & high again… I will FOREVER miss this sageuk and will rewatch this till my eyes worn out!!!

cr:empresskifandomfeels tumblr

♬  Empress Ki OST Giveaway Contest 

EKOSTCoverArt_zps39cb050f.jpg

And we have a winner!!!  With Episode 51's AGB Nationwide Ratings coming in at 28.7%, there was a tiny clump of predictions all within +/- 1% of this number.  But the one who came the closest after all calculations were made is....  *drumroll please*

@nanstarrr with 29.2%!!!!!

So PM me with your contact information at your earliest convenience, and I will get this out the door and on its way to you as soon as possible!  Hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine!! :X

Thank you all for participating!!!

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20714/20140429/empress-ki-joo-jin-mo-dies-ha-ji-won.htm

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20752/20140429/last-episode-empress-ki-ha-ji-won-left-alone.htm

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20777/20140430/empress-ki-ji-chang-wook%E2%99%A5ha-ji-won.htm

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20781/20140430/empress-ki-ji-chang-wook-is-forever-ha-ji-won-s-man.htm

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20776/20140430/what-ha-ji-won-did-right-wrong-in-empress-ki.htm
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20778/20140430/empress-ki-unfathomable-without-ha-ji-won.htm

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20779/20140430/ha-ji-won-i-learned-a-lot-from-filming-empress-ki.htm

"Empress Qi" Ha Ji-won cries over the end of the drama

photo431007.jpg
Ha Ji-won posted on her Facebook, "I am grateful for those who watched "Empress Qi"". Ki Seung-nyang cried over the dead body of her lover Ta Hwan in the final episode. Ha Ji-won said, "We finished filming this morning and I returned to the dressing room to put down my costume and crown. Facing the staff I've worked with for 9 months made me cry. We just cried without saying anything". "We had to fight with the cold and went through a lot of tough times, but never once did the smile fade from their faces. The energy from them is what made this drama". "This drama was very special to me. I became a rookie and started all over again. I was worried about the details, so much I would've bothered some staff. "Empress Qi" was a worrisome and anxious attempt. That's why it needed more passion. It was one of the toughest and saddest dramas I've ever had to do. I realized that as time passed and I couldn't stop my eyes from getting watery. I understood 'her'". "Ji-won dreams of another time travel after a great one. Thank you, for traveling on this one with Ki Seung-nyang".
cr to HanCinema

"Empress Qi" Ji Chang-wook and Jin I-han die, Ha Ji-won lives

photo431003.jpg

Everyone besides Ha Ji-won died. On the final episode of the MBC drama "Empress Qi" which ended on the 29th, Ji Chang-wook (Ta Hwan) struggled to protect Ha Ji-won (Ki Seung-nyang) when he found out the truth about Golta (Jo Jae-yoon). The Queen Mother (Kim Seo-hyeong), Yeom Byeong-soo (Jeong Woong-in) and Tal Tal (Jin I-han) were brutally killed. Ta Hwan couldn't avoid death as well. Ki Seung-nyang asked him, "Don't you want to ride the fields with me? I want to go north with you". He said, "I would do anything you ask for. Let's do it". Ta Hwan confessed his love her Ki Seung-nyang and she told him that she loved him. Then he stopped breathing. Netizens say, "The final episode is so good", "Jin I-han, Ha Ji-won and Ji Chang-wook are so great" and more.

cr to Hancinema

my story with EMPRESS QI
HOW IT STARTED :after the incident, and I have nothing to watch .. I decided to watch this (on full speed mode) I know I miss the weekly waiting for new episodes to come out but I made a good decision of not getting heart wrenching and eye-tearing each week only to wait another week or two to know what might or might not happen....
It's crazy that I finished the 45 episodes in 3 short days... thanks for high speed internet and my boring life ... LOL...anyway... my thoughts about the ending :
The First time I decided to pick this drama is HJW. Then I started to swooning over JJM, then the war started, and I can't NOT love JCW's character. Out of all the characters, I feel I can see through TH the best, because he can't fake it. When he's happy, he's all smiley and being so cute and when he's sad, OMG, those eyes !! when he's angry, it's obvious. He really has the weakest heart out of many but finally died stronger. Why? because his death won't mean nothing. He died knowing SN finally love him (and all this time, he thinks she's only using him for revenge.. sob) he died knowing (or thinking) SN and Ayu will be safe and the right person will rule his country.

I am sad about his ending but it actually somehow a happy ending... 
it's based on history anyway (loosely), they all bound to die... and it's better to die knowing the truth that makes him smile rather than died with guilt and sadness. He died a hero than a coward emperor like many will think in the first few episodes. He died for a cause, not shameless like many predicted. He died after his mission accomplished, pretty much....

tragic second lead ending, not so much, since all the other leads and even the supporting's died too... #_# but he has successor in Ayu. it's a good ending.... not perfect, but executed well enough for me to finally (after few hours sobbing to a fictional character) accept it...

p.s : I watch that NorthPole(?) CF and I am still sad but I laughed. it's so weird... haha...

But, it will be great if these two (HJW and JCW) get together again for a ROMCOM and hopefully no one murder anyone this time....

But really, after this drama, I see HJW even UP in that list..... she is perfect... ha ha... and she can have chemistry with anyone...

even with RunningMan cast... (and it's not even a drama)

my thoughts about the OVERALL drama :
seriously, the actings of all characters even the villain SAVE the drama... somehow though I feel the writing is kinda off for some parts..I actually pity all the characters even the villains..... and I don't know why...even Jung Wo In's character (who I loathed in IHYV), in here he's likeable though as a traitor and murderer haha... it shows that they're all real person... with greeds and ambition... that leads to all of their ending.... I love how even though it's a tragic drama since the beginning (with all the dead people) we got all the humors needed (and yes, some are from the villains too)
funny for me : interaction between Woo In's character ( i keep forgetting ) with Yeon Ah.Lee Mon Shik's character when he's bald and incognitoTanashiri's antic.... maybe I just love BJH from High Kickand many more....