[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Forgot to ask about yesterday's episode: Where the two stooges sent to Koryo? They seemed very happy when they read their mission letter, the only place I can think of to make them both happy is their native land... are they re-joining with Wang Go and crew?
During the coronation scene, Curly is with Wang Go, that's why I think they were sent there; but since I haven't watched it with subs, I may be wrong...

I have a man crush on Tana's evil brother, I think he's hot! Even though he has only one facial expression lol. I want the entire el temur clan beheaded! Off with their heads! Dump their bodies into the Mariana trench in the Pacific ocean. Also hang,drawn, and quartered!

TOP 30 MOST SEARCHED CHARACTERS ON NAVER 14.03.04 :

1st : Lee Bo Young (14 Days) (+35)
2nd : Do Min Joon (-1)

3rd : Tanasili (+1)
6th : Wang Yoo (-1)
7th : Tal Tal (+4)
8th : El Temur (+11)
9th : Tae Hwan (+15)

13th : Seung Nyang (+14)
20th : The Witch (new)

24th : BaGan (+42)
26th : Batolu (+16)
28th : Yeom Byung Soo (+57)

palilsan

said:

@pegster

That’s the stickiness of the situation, a lot of people know that Maha is not the Tanashiri’s and the Emperor’s child. The evil maids and the nun knows, eventually maybe Empress Dowager with her suspicions. They may not know Maha is Seung Nyang’s child but they do know that he is not the true crown prince. That will put him in danger. Is Seung Nyang going to silence them all? It will be interesting to see how she handles this. 

Personally, I still think it would have been nicer to end WY's misery awhile ago, as in writing him off the show and make the plot tighter. In terms of drama for dramas sake, I have to see WY find out that he and SY had a son and that son is now being raised as a yuan prince and that there must be a misunderstanding there in that WY will think that SY has being hiding this fact from him for so long. Ok maybe the misunderstanding is out of character for him, but if they are going to keep him around, let's go all dramatic. I honestly think based on his character, he would not put his own child in danger for any of his own selfish reasons. He has always been noble and smart thinker... So as he has handled his heartbreak with SN, he will properly handle whatever he needs with his son. He got the short end of the stick and such is life. As for TH and SN, I am glad they are a happy family unit. May they take down their enemies in dramatic and swift fashion. Sn has some tough decisions ahead of her but I know she will be triumphant.

Guest critics

@SeGafanlady said:  "YEAHHH PAYBACK TIME!! OMG I want to volunteer there to slap their evil faces right and left .. those beeyootchez!!"

I volunteer myself too, I want to bring 1,000 pieces of push pins and pierce them all at La Cruela's face.  http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/41.gif

mickey002 said: lyaarisa said: SeGafanlady said: palilsan said:
I think Seung Nyang’s fear after Ta Hwan’s advance is a combination of things. She has obvious feelings for Ta Hwan and she’s scared to give in to them as it may detour her from her revenge quest. She may be feeling guilty that she hasn’t told him the truth about her relationship with Wang Yoo and having a baby. She’s afraid to tell him because of hurt it will cause him. She was conflicted with emotions at that moment.

jeenee said: I can feel TN's end is really nearing my sympathy for her i know its hard to believe but i do sympathize on her on some things is growing, its something you can feel if one of the evil character in a kdrama is going to die. Am i the only one who can feel that sympathy towards TN?

For now I think they, the writers, will go the hush hush route with the whole Maha issue, maybe with SN vowing to get her son back. This may cause her to put her revenge plot into full swing, especially since WY's force is now functional. We might expect to see longing looks being shot at Maha until the day SN can hold him again. It probably won't be too hard to take care of Maha like a real mom after TN is gone, but someone must take care of that nun, or else ED will find out and Maha would be in danger of being ousted. I hope they do not do something heartbreaking like little Maha looking for TN when she is gone. I hope they stick with the whole "blood cannot deny blood routine" and Maha is instantly attached to SN.
I know SN would treat both her sons with equal love and want them to get along, but I am not sure if TH will treat Maha better once ET crew is gone. One of his reasons for his coldness towards Maha was because he had all the support in the world, but SN and her baby had no one (No all powerful father and brothers) and the only one that can protect SN is him. When he finds out about Maha, I won't be surprised if he says things like "you treat Maha better because it is his child right? Don't forget you are Ayu's mother too" whenever SN acts nice or defends Maha.
But that whole mess will probably be brought up torwards the later part of the drama, as if to set up the next arch because the revenge plot climax is near and so is its end.

Guest critics

@sally_b said:  "too bad thatTanashiri bath tub is water and not oil.....near an open flame.

How about gas, they (water & gas) are both clear.  http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/12.gif  http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/12.gif

Guest supermanseeker

Ok, my two cents regarding Maha issue that probably explains SN, TW, WYs reaction in 1st ep.

My scenario is ... SN will not tell WY, but TW abt Maha's real identity to protect the baby, and the puppy emperor because of his love insecurity toward WY - he is afraid that SN still has sth with WY n now with her new finding that the child is still alive, she might runs away with him n WY to Goryo.

So, in order to keep her with him (eventhough we viewers r sure that she will stay in the palace with him and Ayu [for eternity] since they r now a happy family), the best thing he can think of is to keep the son in the palace and raise him like his real offspring- kind of sweet hostage - to have both the mother's heart and body. Of course, he does this doesnt mean he becomes evil, its just his love urging him to do so, and we know love sometimes is selfish, but I think in this case SN has no complain, but loves him more!

Abt WY, its better for him to know nothing abt Maha, then he can really move on.

Guest critics

OMG,ET is turning senile!! And guys, Tanguishi started to shed tears.  How painful must it be for him to watch his almighty father acting like a fool in front of them.  BRAVO!! 

In reality, life is indeed like a wheel.  At times, you are in the ups and sometimes, you are in the downs but the most important thing is that you have somebody, who truly loves and cares for you, enough to pull you up at lowest time of your life. 

rinchan76 said:I know SN would treat both her sons with equal love and want them to get along, but I am not sure if TH will treat Maha better once ET crew is gone. One of his reasons for his coldness towards Maha was because he had all the support in the world, but SN and her baby had no one (No all powerful father and brothers) and the only one that can protect SN is him. When he finds out about Maha, I won't be surprised if he says things like "you treat Maha better because it is his child right? Don't forget you are Ayu's mother too" whenever SN acts nice or defends Maha.

@pegsterTrue, there has been no official crown prince named, I should say he is not a Yuan prince, he’s actually a Goryeo prince. Still he is not the Emperor’s child. If Empress Dowager confirms her suspicions then she will want to have Maha removed from the palace unless Seung Nyang stops her somehow. Perhaps maybe the start of their conflict?
@rinchan76 You bring up something interesting points assuming that Ta Hwan finds out about Maha. Seung Nyang may reveal everything about Maha to Ta Hwan in order for him to help keep him in the palace. He reluctantly helps because he loves her but he will be hurt.
An issue I have with this love child plot is, if they will not need Maha's identity as an issue to ouster Tanashiri then was Maha’s purpose in the story is to keep Wang Yoo somehow connected to Seung Nyang and cause tension in her relationship with Ta Hwan? Obviously something’s got to be revealed in order to keep the story going. It just seems like a weak plot device in the first place and makes for a messy story. 
I'm just hoping that the writers veer enough away from what happens in the novel to make some semblance of sense in the drama.

Guest critics

@loli said:  mhmmm... so it seems like TN backfire curse is onto her father ET... Do you guys think the end of the ET clan is to fight each other and die???

HIGHLIGHTED:

Possible!  SN & TH do not need to get their hands dirty just to get their revenge done.  I think the best retribution for TS is to be killed by his own brother, Tanguishi upon realizing that she is the culprit of their father's insanity.

Guest hallyurise

I understand why WY should not be told about Maha in order to keep people safe, but I find it so cruel if he never knows. He lost the woman he loved, he's miserable and on top of that he never got to know the son that he had with her. 
At the same time, it might be more cruel if he knows, because Maha would likely not be able to leave the Palace, so now WY has to deal with the pain of losing the woman he loved AND her son. 
I liked the idea that Maha is assumed dead but in actuality sent away to Goryeo with WY. At least he would have his son with him. However, I don't know if SN would part with Maha. Maybe that's why SN is so sad during the coronation scene - it's not just WY that's leaving her forever but also her son.

Guest critics

@loli said:  I am sorry to say, but poruing water on TN isn't enough to cleanse her at all... she needs holy grail

Oh!  Is that really the meaning of it? I thought she was taking a bath because TH found her soul so smelly that's why he doesn't want her to be near him.