[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Eve if I hate it, I must say that i can also understand why TH didn't show to SN that letters.
First, he is scared and selfish. Secondly, It's crazy, I know, but what if they tourned out to be true? What should he do as an emperor? Banish his beloved Nyang and mother of his son?
He preferred to stay in doubt...it's another way of loving someone.

Guest JezzaG

Bambiina said: Well ..I still consider SN 'betraying' TH .. when she secretly looking for the treasure .. meeting WY in secret or should I say plotting ... anyway if we look at SN point of view.. I don't consider her action as wrong.. but still.. betray? YES ...
and I don't say TH is 100% right ... but looking at his childhood .. I understand if he breakdown mentally ... He is not 'normal' in the first place and he can only trust SN ... for him SN is everything .. his mentor.. his guide .. his lover.. his sun ... or should I say his everything .. the tot of losing her and surrounded by ppl whom he can't trust be it the empress .. his wife .. mother and now his eunuch, imagine that kind of life ... So when he learned that the only person he trust going behind his back and having some sort of communication with her ex lover whom he know that she still loves him very much, it's only right if he became insecure ... 
SN never reveal her feeling .. and all this while I believe TH think it's all one sided .. so it been haunting him ... all these years .. 
Well . to learn that what he feared most is true ... He must be devastated ... biggest blow to him .. 
He has no one now ... unlike WY which is surrounded by loyal guards or should I say friends... 
TH has no one on his side.. NO ONE ... that is what he feels .. and on the outside.. it look like that.. SN is more concern about other matter compare to him..  So please cut him some slack ... understand what he is going through .. yesterday.. today and tomorrow ... 
He been oppressed his whole life until SN ...  and he is about to loose her .. (That what he thinks .. and that is what I think too... )
I hope one day SN can love him unconditionally ... I hope they find a way to accept each other blood ... there shouldn't be yuan or koryo .. they should just be TH and SN .... both should stop thinking about their clan and saving their clan only ... they should start thinking how to save both clan ...  by the way I think once married (SN is as good as being married to TH .. though she is not the empress yet).. SN loyalty should be with the husband ... unfortunately she think way ahead ... 

valsava said: @CherKell..... Hello,......

Thanks for listing the top saeguks Let's also not forget Dae Jo Young in there... I love them myself.. When I'm bored of watching the same old thing I always turn to a good saeguk... I take you up on your suggestion for the next one coming out and also do more exploring about both dynasty... I will most certainly do my homework...  Once again thanks and also for the link...  

Who the woman can love the drunk husband ? happy  eating drinking ,playing around with girls ...while his LOVER is alone  to fight with her enemies ??

who the woman can trust the husband gave everything ( power ) to her enemies ? even she almost lost everything because of his stupid ???

I'm lost !!!

waiting for 3 more episodes !!

Guest gerryd

Nayuki Tran said: @gerryd omg so what about the couple award?!!! Maybe no daesang..:(( but they seriously deserve a couple award!!!!! That ll be the end of the world to me if sn-th wouldnt win it. Geez, still bitter about that gfb coupノಠ益ಠ)

Just thinking about those who still survive from the tragedies in EK drama, especially our main actors and actresses, how do they feel about what had happened and will happen. Don't they feel stressed filming day by day? I don't know about the ending but hopefully the writers will give us more relaxing scene otherwise we all may have to go see the psychiatrist. :)) :)>- :)>- :)>-

Guest Nayuki Tran

@ spring123, omo, you are another person that speaks my mind. SN has done many things possible for TH, so either he is stupid or mentally disabled not to understand her care for him. Or how to say it? Ignorance!  Weak guys can be redeemed if he knows to get help from the stronger ones, but I cant stand the ignorant jerks who just try to ignore the truth and busy imagining things. 

Can someone explain please ? No matter how i think of it, Byul/Maha was useless in EK.... Watching a little boy suffer from the day he was born untill the day he died, without AT LEAST know the truth, doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe there's no explanations, only stupid writers ?

Guest Issy_1

Can someone explain please ? 

No matter how i think of it, Byul/Maha was useless in EK.... Watching a little boy suffer from the day he was born untill the day he died, without AT LEAST know the truth, doesn't make any sense to me. 
Maybe there's no explanations, only stupid writers ?

Maha/Byul had no point in Empress Ki whatsoever.

From his miraculous birth and survival till his death, it served no purpose at all in storyline.

Even his real parents discovery of his existence made no difference in the story or had any outcomes. What was the point of having MaHa apart from having someone to rival Ayu's presence. Not to mention showing TH be extra mean to him to make audience feel sorry for him and pity him.

TN could have picked any child from the street and make him her own and story would have been the same. I thought they will give TN the shock of her life when she discovers Maha is indeed SN x WY son but they did not go for this.

SN found MaHa and sent him away. WY found out about him later but MH died soon after not knowing who are his real parents. Now WY wants to keep his death a secret from SN.

Even all ED's mind poisoning against SN had no meaning. He was rude to SN and WY few times and that was it.

Maybe they had more plans for him but they couldn't go that far so they had to kill him off now. But still it's all a sign of bad and sloppy writing.

Guest lorac

EstelleH said: Did Someome really called us "crazy fan girls"? If so on what page can I find it? I'd like to see it myself because I cannot stand seeing people making that kind of judgement.

I too wished for TN to find out that the child she loves so dearly is WY x SN son, but she died before that :( and then Maha didn't add any plot into the story. I thought he will stay in the palace and fight more with Ayu for the throne or TH to use him against WY (like the novel). I guess they are running out of time, 3 episodes left and all they can do now is kill off his character.

Very curious as to what will happen next episodes. And maybe they will also remove Wang Go character from the plot as well. At first I thought he will be SN's rival after Bayan/ED, but we are almost at the end, and it will be too crazy to bring out WG in the final 2 episodes.

And maybe El Cruella will tell TH that Maha died, not about whose son he is. But then it won't be interesting if TH doesn't know anything about it. Aarrghh this drives me crazy, Monday please come sooner!

Guest lorac

EstelleH said: @lorac‌ Oh no it was someone else not you, a chingu on here told me that someone wished ta hwan would rape her something like that. And as for @hunterdd‌ was only joking around , I can assure you that.

nploan said: There is an article on KPopStarz:
class="at_title" style='list-style: none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 14.65px; text-align: center; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); line-height: 38px; letter-spacing: -0.04em; clear: both; font-family: "Noto Sans", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 32px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);'K-Drama Ratings: "Empress Ki" Is As Strong As Its Main Character

By Julie Jones | April 16, 2014 01:51 PM EDT

"Empress Ki" is one impressive drama, proving to be as unbeatable as its main character, Seungnyang. With its latest episode the drama secured first place yet again.

This week's second episode earned 26.1 percent of the viewer ratings, a 0.8 percent increase from the previous episode.In its final episodes, the drama is neatly tying up all of its plotlines to end with the coronation of Empress Ki. And what a long and bloody road it has been to that coronation.

-----

I wonder why the staff writer of this article knows for sure that the final episode is the coronation scene. 

:-/ :-

For those who are questioning the significance of Byul/MaHa's existence, consider these:
If SN wasn't pregnant with Byul at that time:

• She could have tried to leave the palace on her own.
  • Stayed longer and wait for a proper opportunity to leave.
  • LP and the musaris would not have died trying to help her leave the palace.
  • If LP and the musaris didn't leave the palace for her, then they would not have died 'trying to save her and her baby' (as SN said herself).
  • Her desire for revenge would not have been so strong
  • SN would not have any reason to return to the palace, to return to TH's side.  There would be no EK.
At that that time, I really hoped that either Byul did die at birth, or that she miscarry, or that Byul would have died along with Tanasmirky.  Yes, it's mean, but if he was intended to die sooner or later, why put SN through the heartbreak twice?
My only explanation for why they kept Byul around for this long was to move the plot forward:
  • Tanasmirky needed a child.
  • ED needed to have a child to go against SN who later had Ayu, of course it could have been any random child, but where would the drama be if it wasn't SN's son?
  • Create more tragedy, hardship, and heartbreak for SN's character.
  • To show much TH really weights in SN's heart.

Guest Issy_1

@pegster But those reasons are all secondary because of Byul/Maha. They also can happen realistically without him. unrealistically even. not that writers care much about that issue in here. 
SN did not leave with WY to find the blood letter, so stayed all that time to find it. DK, ET...they were all after her so she just could not leave on her own while being wounded. pregnant or not pregnant she still could use LP's help to runaway. LP didn't die because of her but she was going to temple to give birth anyway. They were attacked by TN's order to get rid of TH's baby. All still can happen without SN being pregnant. If you omit Byul's scenes, everything still can happen as it happened in drama. SN still have strong motivation for revenge LP and her goreyo friends (not much personal reason but goreyo reason) and specially after knowing about WY's marriage. she still could go to TT and Bayan for her to be TH's concubine. as for TN and ED, as I said before, all what they needed still could happen with any random child. It didn't have to be Byul. specially that they did not play 'Maha is SN&WY's real child' card which I thought it would be one of the best weapon against TN to break her. But I guess they loved their TN so much, they just couldn't break her evil heart. everything was possible without Byul if writers wanted it. 
But I do agree with you on that they wanted to create more tragedy, hardship, heartbreak for SN and make the storyline more dramatic. now I am wondering if they want to change SN's character after she finds out about Maha's death. but this is my own point of view of course