[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

hahahah @amayah, TN wanting to sleep with / FORCED to sleep with TH is mainly because of her role has a Queen and to be able to rule the inner court. As i recall in episode 14, ED told TN that she better have a son because she needs a heir so that she can have the inner court power/ to rule the inner court.

Without a heir, TN being the queen is nothing and she won't have that much power in the inner court.. even though her father might be ET. there is little to what ET influence has when it comes to inner court. he can't do as much as when it comes to ruling Yuan or the governemnt aspect

@loli & @SeGafanlady : i'm wondering Ayu and Maha are 1 year apart or 3 years?

- Ayu is the real son of the Emperor (so he will live and take the throne like in History)
- Maha is a fictional character so he will most likely die in the end (like in every saeguk)

Guest bellenelle

Well, ideally we'd see an ending like in Dong Yi, where both kids survived (Dong Yi's kid and Lady Jang's kid). Ultimately, he's innocent, and his father suffers enough as it is. 

lol... yup we do know that Maha will die... Oh poor Maha :(( :(( :(( :(( :((... i grew to love him as much as i am loving Ayul right now...

I know i might be wrong, but due to the time jump even though the show didn't wuite show it in order, i think it might be 3 years apart. Because when SN because a lady SN and all the fight and everything that have been going on, that was YRs apart or something

edit: @bellenelle tell me about it

oh side note, oh wow @bellenelle, you have to many 'L' and 'E' on your name lol)

@SeGafanlady : i don't know, maybe i'm wrong but after El Temur demise it was near the end of the Yuan Dynasty, he was a powerfull ruler no? TH didn't had interest in politics and Empress Ki was not that great either. :-? :-? (in History of course :D)

Hey @sarah.lina, I am SN fan, don't be dissing my baby just yet missy. as far as i know now, she is great in tatics lol... ahhaha

So did ET actually rule Yuan?? mhmm... :-? :-? :-? :-?...It is totally wirtten on TH face that he is soo not interested in Politics. If he has to leave everything now and just go away with SN and Ayul, i bet he won't think twice but to say "Ok should i leave now lol"

(I totally need to get back to work, EK won't be the death of me at work lol)

oh btw, Welcome @bellenelle. YeY!!! empress ki seems to be your first thread to post on lol... if you have question or anything, please do PM me or any of the other mods

loli said: Hey @sarah.lina, I am SN fan, don't be dissing my baby just yet missy. as far as i know now, she is great in tatics lol... ahhaha

So did ET actually rule Yuan?? mhmm... :-? :-? :-? :-?...It is totally wirtten on TH face that he is soo not interested in Politics. If he has to leave everything now and just go away with SN and Ayul, i bet he won't think twice but to say "Ok should i leave now lol"

(I totally need to get back to work, EK won't be the death of me at work lol)

oh btw, Welcome @bellenelle. YeY!!! empress ki seems to be your first thread to post on lol... if you have question or anything, please do PM me or any of the other mods

Guest amayah

@loli lol true but the girl was always more than happy to jump him and I have never seen her complain to become his Empress. There was no repulse. 'I will seduce him', "he will want me" and whatever... She was like all the other consorts who came to the palace. To get a position.  She willingly  wanted to do her 'duty'. (so I won't call her a 'rape' victim...she is just a victim of her time...but then again there a many women nowadays who would sleep with a guy for his fame as well...). While most maids in the palace would rather be in Goryeo than to be with him. The moment you sleep with someone to get something out of it, it isn't considered forced anymore. The only reason why TH slept with her was because not to die. It is not like ET gave him many options... 

For example like Dong Yi (sorry i keep pointing to Don Yi, it cause I watch it like plenty of times) the king has a son with Jang Hee-Bin, they did not sure us to the extent of how much care and love he gave to the child and if he was there for the child. But when Dong Yi first gave birth to her first and second son, we were able to see his love and concern but we could also see that no matter if the king and Jang Hee-Bin were in no talking terms, the kings does play and goes to see his son.

Ha!! @richan76, please don't hink me... I don't know what will happen to Maha if Tn had a child of her own, but i am glad in this story she is a barren so she can't have no child and i am glad no miracle is going to make that happen lol hahah

Yes, the king and jang hee bin were in love when they made their child but the child was still a baby when their differences comes into play too. but yes, the think is really different

@amayah lol at the end, both TH and TN gain something even though one of them was not happy about it. TH slept with TN to save his life by being forced by ET and TN to save her place in the inner court... (life though, it can bite you)

@sarah.lina lol, my bad... See, i take charge when SN is being called lol... But i like SN here more then

It wasn't that difficult for SN to love someone who is a representative of the ones she despises the most (her father was killed by Yuan people, her mother also and taking goryo citizen to be tribute as maids and eunuchs). So it's possible for TH too.

Ok, I finally got to watch EP35 with C-subs.  
Brief summary and some translations since I believe English subs will be released soon.

SN meet TT again in that secret, or not so secret room.  TT ask her how she's doing, she shows him the new wound, this time it's on her neck.

12935418445_1761008ebb_o.gif

SN says there probably aren't too many people capable of casting such a curse, and TT tells her he's already searching the city for this person.
TT then tells her to search for a name tag in her quarters, this is the name tag with her name for the grime reapers.
SN has her people search all over her quarters in and outside for the name tag.*side note about the way the name is written in Chinese, someone on Baidu explained that the name is written correctly, most people (Chinese) were confused because the subbing team decided to write the name out differently.  The reason why SN's name is written differently now, then how WY had written is is that WY used her name when she was a man, and he didn't know her true name.  I'm satisfied with this.  I also google translated the name as well, so it makes total sense :)
DS continues her rituals, and SN continue to have those nightmares, this time with TH around to see it.
TH finds out about the curse and knows immediately it's DS' doing and wants to confront her, but SN tells him he needs to wait because they don't have proof yet.  TH tells SN he can't continue to watch her suffer, and won't let this go easily.
PBH walks in and tells SN DS has summoned for her.  TH tells PBH to tell DS he's ordered SN not to go, but SN tells him she has to go to confirm her suspicions.
SN arrives at DS' quarters, of course she just wants to see how her curse is working on SN.  SN tells her she hasn't been sleeping well lately, and DS says it's not good, and goes on to blab about how important it is for a pregnant woman to be well rested.
DS then tells SN to go to get some tonics, she'd do it for her, but afraid that she would be afraid to drink it.  SN then respond back to say 'You must have put in some special orders over at the medical office', and DS retorts to say she's just being sensitive.
That night they finally find the name tag.  SN orders DM to watch for DS every night going forward.  The next day she heads out with TT to find the shaman who cast the curse on her.
They meet a few and SN can tell that they're not the one she's looking for.
Finally she finds the right one.  Before SN enters, the Shaman (or should I call her a shawoman?) senses a force that makes her uncomfortable.
SN orders her people to come in and search the place, they find other name tags. 
Shaman tells SN she can't break the curse, SN will need to win over the curse herself.
SN: I will take care of the curse myself.  Who hired you to cast this curse?Shaman: Even if you put a knife to my neck, I can't tellTT: This is the expecting (pregnant) Jie Yu mama.  If you want to keep your head you confess everything you nowShaman: You can't anger the Gods!
Did I already say, this is my favourite scene from EP35, bada$$ SN!
SN: You're afraid of upsetting the Gods, but you're not afraid of upsetting me?12935838564_67e3eab420_o.gif
6bea3af1gw1ee53uuo0a1g20b40697wh.gif

They catch DS in the act of performing the ritual.  TH tells her he's ashamed that his Empress has resorted to using curses to harm a pregnant consort of the inner palace.  DS tells him she's only doing prayers for MaHa, Cruella tries to defend her, and TH tells his people to take all of them away to be interrogated.
Before leaving he tells DS that as soon as her maids confess, she'll be kicked out of the palace.  SN tells DS she can't kill her with curses like this.
While the maids are being tortured, one of them was about to give in, but El maid and Cruella warn her that if she tries to 'make up' stories against the Empress, the Empress will kill her.  So in the end, no one dared to say anything.
DS is worried her maids will be tray her and asks her brother to go stop the interrogation.
During the meeting with SN/TH/ED/BA/TT, TH asks what are their chances of winning a battle against ET.  TT explains why it's hard for them to go against ET now.
Although they have the governors on their side, but for the governors to send their troops over to the capital, it will be hard for ET to not know since each of them are located far from the capital, and ET has set troops in each of the province.  Also ET has an unimaginable amount of wealth.
What they need to do is to depend on the capital troops, which WY is now controlling, to help them bring in their own troops.
TH asks why WY is so willing to help, and BA tells him he wants to have his throne back.  TH asks if that's all he wants, and agrees that as long as they succeed he will grant him his throne back.
I wasn't clear on this from the last episode, but now I know, ET had let WY take over as the General in command of the capital troops, the original general was to be his second commander.  That was why WY's men was angry that they weren't bowing down to him when they first arrived.
BA passes the message on to WY.  WY updates him on how the troops are doing, and he's trying to recruit new troops since everyone else left.
The commander brought in new 'troops' for WY, all from off the street.  MS and JB want to send them away because these are just beggars off the street here for free food and shelter, but WY says to just let them stay, and to give them food.
After WY talks to some of them and find out that they've all become this way due to different hardships, he decides to accept them as his troops and to train them.  He orders MS to feed them like they would to the real troops.  His gang ask why he's keeping them here, WY tells them this is an opportunity for them to be 'human' again.  
Maids return to DS, and DS thanks them for not selling her out, YH thanks her for her grace...how sweet!
Nanny runs in to tell DS that MaHa is sick.  The doctor says he's got the measles, which had no cure at that time.  DS immediately sends for TH.
SN is reviewing the financial ledger when TH shows up at her quarters.  SN tells him the finances are better these days, and they'll be able to allocate money for BA to built the army.
TH: Just a little...I'm still a little scared.  Before I met you, I had never thought of ever going against Yeon Cheol.  SN: When our child is born, the battle will start.  TT sebu will provide the strategies, General BA will prepare the troops.  Paeha you will need to bring back your majesty as Emperor.  I will be there behind you supporting you through all of this.TH: Yes, I know Nyangi-ah
GT interrupts the moment to tell him MaHa is sick, TH dismisses him and tells him to let DS know he'll visit tomorrow.  SN tells him he should go, but TH says he's afraid he won't be able to contain himslf now after what DS has done.  
SN is still worried, but TH tells him that he never felt that MaHa was his son, he's DS' son, ET's grandchild.   On her way to SN's quarters DS is complaining that TH is not able to fulfil his duties as a husband, now he's not able to fulfil his duties as a father.
GT stops her from entering as it's against the rules for the Empress to interrupt the Emperor while he's at another consort's quarters. SMACK! Hand plops on to GT's cheeks.
DS is screaming and yelling outside saying how he fails as a father, and MaHa is dying.  TH he won't let it go this time, but SN stops him and tells him she'll handle it.  TH says she shouldn't have to do that, but SN says she has to.
SN sends all the servants away, DS yells at SN saying she's trying to ruin TH's father/son relationship with MaHa.  SN tells DS that it's not TH's fault MaHa is danger, it's her fault.  
SN: Do you know who it was that tried to harm me by casting a curse on me?DS: Quit trying to accuse me me!SN: The shaman had told me if I win over the curse, the curse you put on me will be returned back to harm your parents, siblings, or children.  
DS thinks back to what the shaman had told her before.
Cruella tells her she's not thinking straight, MaHa isn't her real blood and flesh, it shouldn't affect him.  DS is irate and threatens to her not to say nonsense that like that again, MaHa IS her son.  The maids start to pity her.
DS goes to pray at the Buddha shrine for Buddha to spare her son.  She's willing to trade her life for MaHa's...Oh my heart is softening for her here...
ET is dreaming.  His biggest fear has come true in his dreams, TH tells him that he's dead, and he's killed all his children, including DS and MaHa.
After ET wakes up from his dream, he's become all suspicious.  He's asking DK why they're in his room, did they want to kill, what are they doing with swords in their hands.  Then he faints.
Back to DS, her prayers have been heard...or did Buddha remember that MaHa isn't her son and transferred the curse over to ET?  MaHa is recovering now.
Back at the training, WY is training the new troops, tells them they have to run through the mountain.  If anyone tries to run away now they'll be treated as a deserter and punished accordingly.  If anyone fails to complete the task, they'll have to start over again.
WY tells them this is their chance to be humans again, they can be real soldiers.
WY's gang tells him he should stop training with them, but WY tells his gang that he's lagging behind as well, because of his inability he lost his throne, and is trying to pick himself up again.  Some of the other men over hear this and seem to be touched by it.
Then we see the new troops are improving, and finally they all manage complete the run.
Back at the palace it's 9 months later.  
As SN is in labour, DS is praying that she has a daughter, if not let her have a still born...ok any sympathy I had for her is gone, GONE!
ED says the baby looks just like TH, TH thank SN, SN asks if he's thought of a name for the baby yet.  TH tells her he has decided with ED to name the baby Ayushirdara.
12935425925_d514553206_o.gif

EB breaks the news to WY that SN just had a son for TH, and they're celebrating back at the palace.  WY thinks back to when SN told him to forget her.
ET is still crazy and suspicious.  He thinks that El Plague is going to betray him and take all his money away.  DK suggests that if he's so worried to tell him where he's put all that wealth so he cna protect it.  Then he thinks DK is going to try to steal his money and power away from him.  DK says he doesn't even know where he's hiding the money.  
After DK leaves, ET says to himself 'Is my end really nearing...why am I making these silly mistakes!'
Back to the new happy family.
TH: This is really amazing, come take a look.  His eyes are like your's, his nose and mouth are like mine.  How can it be so amazing.  SN: This is why they call it 'your own flesh and blood'.
GT interrupts the family to tell TH it's time for MaHa's birthday celebration.  TH doesn't want to go, but SN tells him he should go, all the governors are going to be there.
DS is the one who invited WY.  WY sees MaHa for the first time and compliments how splendid he looks.  DK says of course, he's the future successor to the throne.
DM brings in the nuns who will be doing the praying ceremony, Cruella recognizes one of them with the burnt scar on her face.
All the governors congratulate TH on MaHa's birthday, DS asks TH to say a few blessings for MaHA, ED asks him to say a few words since the governor's are here.
Instead, TH tells GT to bring Ayu over to him.  He tells everyone not to worry about the crown prince, when both princes grow older he'll have them compete and appoint based on ability, so don't bring up the crown prince issue again.
DK retorts to say it's tradition that the first born should be appointed crown prince, but TH reminds him that it was his father who made his younger brother Emperor before him.
Maids are going to look for the nun, DM asks why they're looking for that nun...DM has a knowing look on his face.
SN meets the nun who tells her everything that happened at Hwang Gok Tsa, and claims that MaHa is not DS' real son.  The nun tells SN she was lucky enough to escape.
SN asks why she chose to reveal the secret to her, the nun says it's because she just had a son, and she's heard rumours that the Empress wants to have her son appointed as crown prince.
SN asks if she's willing to expose this to everyone at the meeting hall, and if she has an real proof that the MaHa is not DS' real son.  
Nun thinks and tells SN that there something only her, the nanny, and DS know about the child, that secret is enough to proof that is not DS' son.
Nun: On the back of that child's foot...
And it ends! No preview.

@stclaus From what ET said to DK (at the end of EP35), it looks like ET had sent El Plague to the area (not the exact place) where he's storing all of his wealth.  That probably explains why El Plague was so happy when he got the mission.  

@sarah.lina I think it was... she has to live years and years without changing or getting old or changing her hairstyle or looking as if years hasn't pass to be able to love the people of Yuan... You know how many pictures of TH and TN and all the people that made her life difficult that she has to draw to throw darts on?? I bet it was alont lol :)) :)) :)) :))... And i bet she grind her teeth alot too while loving and smiling with them lol...hahahha :)) :)) :))

What I wonder is what would be Tana's reaction if she learns that the baby she's been nurturing is actually her rival's and platonic love one?
I don't know how the writers will treat this plot, but maybe I'm the only one here, I think this infamous love child plot, is one of the few things that at least for me, makes it different from other dramas I've watched... and that's why I've enjoyed it from day 1.
I think the only way Byul can leave the palace, it's if he gets vanished from the palace... then I guess some arrangements can be made for the child to be raised well by someone trusted... (the monk from the monastery?)Knowing Ki, though, I'm sure she'll come up with a way to keep him close by...
Tana said she was willing to give up her life for the child' safety; maybe this will be her final granted wish before she's gone for sure.

sarah.lina said: @loli & @SeGafanlady : i'm wondering Ayu and Maha are 1 year apart or 3 years?

- Ayu is the real son of the Emperor (so he will live and take the throne like in History)
- Maha is a fictional character so he will most likely die in the end (like in every saeguk)

@stclaus lol... I think they should just not bring the identity of Maha to live at all even though i want to know too what will happen..

oh btw, you better be TalTal proud supporter and nothing else or else, you'll  answer to me and i bet TN won't mind giving you the disciplinary action i requested from her to anybody that want to get in between I and TalTal >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)