[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@palilsan @missred123 That's what I meant by dragging the "not talking about it", in order to make the drama more intense, I believe they (WY+SN) will not have a chance to really have a "heart to heart", so of course there will be misunderstandings, anger, deception, feelings of betrayal... it's going to take some time for them to reach mutual understanding and forgiveness... of course I hope for the opposite, but for the sake of the drama, I don't see the writers pleasing us with a good outcome at the first encounter... IDK
Also, random thought... Just like Jeok Ho spilled the beans about SN being alive, I think he might be the one bringing the baby issue first... X_X

@pegster Thanks for the bts! I am afraid you are right...her expression is not that happy. :(
Paeha, please go study pali pali, learn more than1000 words and fight for your love and dignity. (WY is coming to town!) [-O<
 Don't let that ET clan tsk, tsk, tsk on you and SN!

Guest adjani1430293095

Considering the fact is that even ED had trouble taking on the El T clan, I doubt SY will win the battle so easily. What she will do is whittle away at their influence, cast suspicion and probably give everyone (IE, ED and TH) hope that they can be brought down. So she may win small steps at a time. I suppose this also depends on whether the 50 episode ends at the coronation, that means lots of time to keep up with plots to bring down El T clan until then or whether the story moves onwards from the coronation, then it means their demise will come on earlier.. it might well be the case that ratings may influence that decision and the writing..
Additionally, lots of loose ends at the moment, from SY re-meeting WY and all the other side plots... even TH's rise as a proper emperor with some balls :) 

Guest missred123

Could it means that she is still mad at TH. Remember, she does not know he is reading and writing. Therefore, she is still giving him the cold shoulder.

Ok don't kill me for this if it doesn't happen, but I just read a more descriptive translation on Baidu of a similar scene from the novel.  Is an extension to that ohlala spoiler I posted earlier.

It said during this time (didn't really explain why) SN was down, and lost hopes (probably because her plan failed?), so she refused to take her medication.  

TH continued to nurse her and even tried to force feed her the medicine (mouth to mouth).  TH also said something along the lines of 'you need to stay alive to get your revenge' and expressed to her his determination to join forces and help her take revenge.
Finally SN understands, and realizes that now her and TH are in line together, and are reaching for the same goal.
Soon after SN appears at TH's room (but she's already there now...so I guess that would be different) and offers herself to him, they have their first night together.  
The explanation is that this is like 'sealing the deal' to show that they are now 'one' who understand each other, and are both trying to achieve the same goal.

I've read a few different translations on Baidu of different parts of the SN-TH scenes after SN becomes a consort.  It seems like some of the scenes are taken from the novel, but were played out in different orders.
For example, the whipping scene actually comes at a later time, after SN and TH have already had their 'real' first night.
Since I don't read Korean, so I can't really say how accurate/reliable these translations are.  For anyone who's reading it, just take it with a grain of salt.  We already know that the drama has deviated quite a bit from the novel, at least with the order of how things happen.

Guest missred123

@stclaus

No, they won't give us any satisfaction. Here we go for the next six eps.

I hope he does not hear it from Jokho. There would be more resentment especially, if there is no communication between them.

If SN's plans don't succeed this time, I hope that at least the drinking of tonic stops. Because if it stops, it won't take too long before the other concubines will align themselves with SN, despite being jealous of her at the beginning. Pretty sure Seol Hwa would try to convince them that SN's plan was effective.

Guest avocado1430291863

I hope the PD nim give us the "real first night" with beautiful write and beautiful scene. I hope that it is more than just "seal the deal" for their join forces together....
I understand that she is not in love mode for TH, because it is mean that SN is a typical woman who easily change the heart....but I hope the writer nim and PD nim will give satisfying background and reason for them lying in bed together....(maybe the writer get headache also to make this scene beautiful...so they just give us the other scene such as the whipping scene...which should come later according to the novel....)

@avocado I'm not sure how to properly describe/translate the translations, but it was definitely more than just 'sealing the deal'.  It's more like she's finally ready to give herself to him because now they're 'together' in mind and soul type.
There's also a lot of descriptions from the translations explaining SN's emotions and thoughts. Like how she felt about losing the baby (someone mentioned guilt before, yes, that was one of the descriptions from the novel translation), her change in emotions toward TH.  

One of the translations mentioned that she started to fear her own death, because she knew how much TH depends on her, she realizes that if she dies one day, TH would not be able to survive on his own.

I think the translation said this was around the scene where she had that fight with TH.

@soojun, please read my disclaimer.  You were warned.  I take no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of that 'spoiler'
Gonna have to find myself a hiding place in case if that doesn't happen.   >-)

Guest hunterdd

pegster said: New BTS photos for episode 29 (maybe?)
Oh noes, that is not a happy/satisfied look on SN's face...I'm worried that maybe her plan to take down DS didn't work the way she want it to work...
web_988627340_e6aea776_zps9455feda.jpg

web_988627340_680462dc_zps2fb86342.jpg

web_988627340_e61b378f_zps31981533.jpg

Credits: EK DC

@pegster - Why did the writers churn out a different story (almost) for the drama and confuse us with this novel thingy? :P From everything I've heard so far about the novel, I really hope they don't follow it. I read somewhere else that it was only a draft for the story itself so the script in the drama is bound to be much different. 
@avocado - I think sharing the bed (happang, the way Koreans like to call it XP) scene might not come that early. SN does not seem mentally and emotionally prepared for it at this point--though SN's progression to a physical relationship with WY was almost sudden too. If I remember clearly -correct me if I'm wrong-, they shared their first (?) kiss and then spent the night together. But I really hope they do it better if a similar thing happens with TH. There should be some gradual steps taken first.

Guest Ding Lin

@pegster~  Thank you for sharing!!

I will not be surprised if TH and SN spent their first night in Episode 29.  I thought it would happen before WY's return.   I thought TH-SN might happen in Ep 29-30 and WY returned in Ep 31-32.  The basis of my guess................. there will be new dramas in the other two TV stations in the coming two weeks. 

ChelseaS said: If SN's plans don't succeed this time, I hope that at least the drinking of tonic stops. Because if it stops, it won't take too long before the other concubines will align themselves with SN, despite being jealous of her at the beginning. Pretty sure Seol Hwa would try to convince them that SN's plan was effective.

Guest avocado1430291863

@chocobana... yes. i am agree with you... I like the gradual step between them.. cheonchoni....not rush one....and I want she open her heart to him first before the "happang time" so the love story will be damn good....but WY is coming.. and I hope that the first night has done before SN meet WY....
Hope WY-SN meeting not so soon....I think he is still in Bayan province and still not get to the capital.... mianhe Wy ssi....you should keep away from SN in this moment ....so TH-SN development can run nicely.....(sorry Wy-SN shipper...)

@chocobana you're right about the book.  There are times when I feel like saying 'forget about what's in the book' because obviously the drama is not aligned with the book.
It seems like the drama is using the book as a frame work for the story.  Taking all the major plots, but re-writing it in different orders, giving it different scenarios, but in the end, we still reach that main point.
Baby Byul is a good example.  A lot of people had their hopes up thinking it won't happen because it scene where it happened had already taken place, and it was depicted differently.  Then BOOM! In less than an episode you get your baby.
@soojun oh yes, SN was conscious, it wasn't that she couldn't take the medicine, it was just that she refused to.