[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@tessieroo ....LOL...image 

the emoticons you used on the Thread are so original and inspired   I have to highlight this one especiallymay I use it occasionally ?
is not like I have bad thoughts is more like "to show the cat to the mice"
;))

and the prize goes to:   ?????????
Tanashili's Court Lady IdontKnowHisName   [-(
because she's the only one who is bad without have own reason...only to be the Queen's background(as a second thought I think she has one reason.....to please the Queen)
and because she killed the nuns who have saved the little Byeolimage 

Oh WY with the facial hair (he looks HOT!). Are they trying to tell us that time flies or he is married or he doesn't bother to groom after marriage?

No facial hair for my emperor, please. X_X

Edit : No for Taltal either..no!!

Guest kiyokotsubasa

Hello everyone ! I hope you're all having a nice Sunday !
@minnie0103 I prefer him with the beard too... Remember when he was in that camp in the Turk Border and when he had a "half pony tail" ? That's when he was the hottest ^.^ (omo i'm fangirling right now).
Speaking of the turks, something just came to my mind. : At the slave auction, why didn't BA and TT recognize Batolu (because she did for sure). They had a little conversation with her when they were imprisoned. It does not surprise me if BA doesn't recognize her, but TT too ? 
That longer preview of ep 25 makes me want to see TN fall even more ! I was also wondering if little Byul will be able to survive... If indeed, he ends up killed too because of Dowager and the stubborn Baek An (i like them though, for now), SN will feel that she really was left behind and that she was just used by BA (he won't allow her to raise above him because she's just a "useless Goryeo girl").So that means ED-BA will become the new enemy duo that she will have to defeat. And this is maybe when TT won't side with his uncle because perhaps he will somehow be aware of all of SN's struggles (the fact that her child was killed too??)[i know SN won't tell anyone about Byul, but both her and TT know how to read people's minds and hearts lol]
Anyway... can't wait for tomorrow :D :D !And fighting for KHJ and JCW and all the actors... I mean we have to commend them for everything they are doing. It always worries me that something bad happens to one of them, not only on set, but also outside the set. *Ruthless Korean Entertainment* :/

pegster

said: @misstear @ChelseaS I don't think there's a big time jump more than a few months because this is a preview for this week's episode, and SN should still be undergoing the concubine selection process.  

As with the facial hair on WY, could it just mean now that he's married, the facial hair is to signify him as being a 'mature/married' man?

@kaeruchan  like so much tis BTS picture you postedtks for sharing!!!

the two men Yuansaram 
hopelessly in love with the same woman Goryeosaram ..........
it began a sort of bromance between these ones? 
to be blamed the TaHwan  charms 
in the CPR_kiss episode when Dangkiseh seen TH naked and wet in the rose petals bath ??
just wondering

:-\"

Long post ahead for fellow history lovers/those who like to connect historical dramas to the time period.

I haven’t read the book this drama is based on, but something tells me the Empress Dowager might not be a big fan of SN. For one, the Mongol royal family was concerned with ethnic purity and favored marriages with select class of their own people; rulers were expected to choose their consorts from one or two Mongol noble tribes. The most renowned “Imperial-in-Law” (waiqi) was the Onggirat tribe. (This should come into play later in this drama).

The Mongols were famed warriors, but they actually gave their women more rights than other cultures at that time. Women weren’t expected to just be pretty, delicate flowers, women were expected to ride horses, be good at archery and hunting. Women could participate in politics and even go to court with their husbands. Women also did not hide behind a curtain or veil when meeting courtiers.

Once married, a woman was considered part of her husband’s family. This is important to note for those who watch sageuks, particularly those based in the Joseon era and witness the constant battles between the Norons, Sorons, etc. and how the king’s various women would choose sides with their families, causing internal conflict within the royal family.

In order to further limit the effect of the waiqi and relatives of the royal family, relatives were given specific territories or fiefdoms, away from the central government. Sort of like a mini kingdom, thus limiting their attention to the throne. Another factor was how the Yuan set up their military and administration. “The Four Keshig System” - composed of skilled and strong men who were the sons of Brigade/Battalion commanders (qianhu), Company commanders (baihu), Squad commanders (shihu), as well as common people (baishenren). Every noble (noyan) was required to send their son to serve the Khan, so key members of the keshig were sons of nobles. The keshig safe-guarded the imperial court and were in charge of various affairs, further limiting the influences of the waiqi.

This was a smart system, especially when the empire was in the business of war and conquering. But over time as they settled into ruling and became more comfortable, it’s no surprise that even such a system would become corrupted. You know the saying, “Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” Some of the nobles grew wealthy and were able to amass enough power to threaten the throne. With the royal relatives cut off from the center of government, these nobles/military commanders were able to dominate the royal family, i.e. El Temur and later

General Bayan

The whole empress' tribe and noble power abuse are themes I expect will play out in future episodes. There is still so much story to tell and I hope the writer explores them all. :)>-

OMO
:-w  looks like El Maid she scored

she became a Court Lady now this Yeon-Hwa...

Tanashili  was kept the promise !!!It  wasn't easier for TN to kill her for shut her mouth ?:-qbut where could the Empress ever  finds an obedient servant like thisto do everything  Empress says without asking any question,exactly and on time ,as the Marines do??????????
:bz
This picture could be entitled"An angel among demons" ... pity that SN look so worried X_X

@cristurbatwooooooooooooooooooooow
=D> Great clip inspired song ... even if I do not understand the words seems to be a warm but sad love story .. just like the one in our Emperor heart ...
Thank you ^:)^
for you to think of us when you find it :-*
>:D<

Guest seonmul_1024

Hi! Am just a silent reader but i guess, it would be fun to just join you guys in. :-h yeon-hwa got her promotion for burning the hermitage. Tanasili mentioned that she will be rewarded accordingly after helping with the whole child birthing plot. :P

petria said: Am I imagining or does Nyang really has a blood on her back on those pictures?
Is Tanashiri, like, beating her with some whip, then?! X_X

Hello, @seonmul_1024.
You are right, El Maid got her promotion for participating in the murder of nuns and fake childbirth. She was bad seed from the start, but I felt a bit sorry for her in 23rd episode, she had no choice but to participate in the treason, aside from her own death, of course...

back to the sad episode 23 TaHwan  tells Dangkiseh  he wants to participate to tracking and catching the bandits who killed Lady Park, :-tDK tells him  [-X  to ask ETemur  permission to do this! [-(
bleah It seems as the Emperor was under house arrest ???X(
Eltemur  ~:>  like the guardian of  the treasure !!  
because us, TaHwan supporters, we believe TaHwan is our treasure!!!:-*hahaWho says EmpKi crew does not read comments on Soompi??????????look at this !!!
but  in  the episode 23 plot , this was sooooo sad =((