[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

PHEW.  Finally Christmas Obligations are over for this gal and I can get back to more important things in life: squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing over 'Empress Ki!' :D

Here's the latest BTS regarding the shadow puppet play scene -- again, the production is still a few weeks behind air-date and that makes me breathe a little easier.

There is confirmation that Ji Chang-wook and Ha Ji-won will be attending the MBC Awards Show next Monday, and that both will also be presenters at the gig.  The other cast members attending have not been announced yet, but I should know more in the next day or so.  Each show has their own table where all the cast members sit, and since EK is doing quite well for MBC these days, I hope it will be smack-dab in the middle of the group of tables so the cameras are always on Emperor Puppy and Our Empress!

Night-night everyone.  I gotta go sleep off an overdose of sugarplums now...   I-)

Finally got to watch wth Eng subs with few questions;
Why did WY carry Empress bridal style and SN on his back? Am very curious as I noticed in all kdramas or is it Korean culture to carry someone behind. Is it still in practice today?
The final scene is very interesting. Peaha gave Imperial Order to SN (death if defy) not to see, talk or even cry infront of him that have anything to do with WY. SN did not heed the Order as she even hugged WY!
So the ending scene in the prison, will SN be finally released and able to leave the Palace? What deal for SN did WY get from ET? oooooo anxious anxious can't wait to see her out of the Palace.
Yet again I don't think SN will leave as she is intent to help Peaha oust ET and had Peaha promise to restore Chona as King of Koryo. I am sure she is aware Chona is planning something by pretending to be helping ET. Timing for her to leave is still not right.
Just like the Buddha with bloody tears, she secretly did it on her own initiative, I am sure she will have more tricks coming. The crazy lady in her room will give her answers soon. (Feel that crazy lady is looking for the right person to pass the blood letter to and in the meanwhile pretend to act crazy).
Next episode will be in 2014... Best Wishes to all for a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Guest minnie0103

According to this article, Empress Ki is one of the dramas nominated for Drama of the Year Award at the 2013 MBC Drama Awards. Other nominated dramas are Gu Family Book, I Summon You, Gold, A Hundred Year Legacy, Scandal, and Princess Aurora.

GOOD LUCK, Empress Ki! :)

Guest lindearist

OMO based on the BTS part 11.. They're so happyyyyy! HJW and JCW had grown a more close relationship! It's so comfortable to see the actors so much comfortable (also) with each other :x Our baby (now growing up *so proud of him*) emperor is so hilarious in every shooting! Always laughing haha So adorable ♡ AND DID YOU SEE WY FLIRTING WITH TH'S GOLTA?! =)) but golta gave ta hwan a tickle anyway soo.. :) I just wish there's an eng sub for every BTS [-O<

THANK YOU @CherKell for sharing the video! Happy holidays! :-h

hey empress ki soompers :)

so no ep 18 on hulu that's unfortunate cause my viewing joy  wouldn't be complete without the abstract subtitling here :(

but at least I understand what they were saying and if I could take a snapshot of every scene in this episode I would have
it was such a great ep

is it me or are you guys also enjoying ED's scenes with EL MISERABLE ...........
.. so fun, an yuan version of "war of the Titans"
and speaking of EL MISERABLE, he is surely a miserable father.........I wish if I could just take a snapshot of  every sentence of his talk with his son

all his son wants, is for him to give him that I count on you and you're worth it words and instead what does he give him

z6uv6uN.png?1http:
I felt sorry for his son actually and although I hate him but his plan for revenge
and to catch SN and WY was triggered from this conversation to prove to his dad
that he is worth it but what does his dad do in return, he punches him in front of his men and make him lose face in front of SN and WY
so this is why I think when his father starts depending more on WY, dangkise will be more crazy and feeling that his father tossed him away
he won't have anything to regret now so he might do the craziest things for revenge and what perfect way other than hurting SN or killing her
this way he will hurt WY too and hurt SN for not caring about him as well.........if he dies then because of this and WY betrays ET.....ET will then realize what he has done tossing his son away and depending on the enemy instead and maybe die in agony

now guys don't you think it's odd for the crazy lady to show herself just now when everyone is going crazy over the blood letter
I think it's done by her on purpose, she wants to reveal it at the right time and in this pic
TOc5dg2.png?1
she doesn't look that crazy to me, on the other hand I think it's a stare of her knowing exactly what she's doing
and wanting to disclose that letter to SN somehow

now for the fun parts in another post :)

Guest anjshin

the remarkable lines that made an impact and so far like a last song syndrome to me...
ED & ET: pyeha..... pyeha.... pyeha... (take note they did this on the top of their lungs)  =))
TH: jeonha.. jeonha... joenha.. (the baby emperor is really jealous indeed)

:)>- :))