[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

I have a solution for this shipping business.

When SN becomes the Empress, she can set up a "harem" to house all her male - concubines! 

Lol it doesn't work that way for the females, but I will lol if she's able to pull a fast one on the Emperor. I mean she can still choke him like she did with the bully maid lol

Hello fellow Empresses (Empress Ki followers...?), I just want to let everyone know I likely won't be able to post the brief summary of episode 8 tonight (in case if anyone is waiting).
I'm not having much luck with the downloads today, file is still trying to download right now.  
If I do get to watch it tonight, I'll try to post something up.  If not I won't bother since by the time I've watched it many other people would have already posted more thorough recaps.

I may be a little late to this forum but I started watching Empress Ki based on the first 5 minutes of the first episode as it was one my hulu recommendations and I was hooked. I wasn't really aware of the whole synopsis but after watching the first 6 episodes who is the official OTP? I thought it was Togon Temur (Prince Taehwan) just based on the screen time. Is the OTP really Seung Nyang and the Goryeo King? I am confused. Maybe that is intentional from the writer but I hope it's Togon. He just lights up the screen whenever he's with Seung Nyang. I've never seen the actor before. Is it me or does he actually look better with long sageuk hair than short modern hair? He looks a little more ordinary from the pics I've seen with short hair. The younger one of the evil brothers looks pretty good with long hair too. Anyway, can the OTP change during the course of a long drama? Not that I don't like the Goryeo King but that relationship seems boring. Historically also, Empress Ki ends up with Togon and bears him a son, right?

Concubine PARK makes sexy pictorial for ARENA :);))
BOO_20131120111945_V.JPG

EDIT : Today is time to Wonderful Dream for EMPRESS QI  =D> It's totally increase in third place (Naver Issue) hoho I think Seung Nyang and Ta Hwan's character affect the rating. So many fans love them so much :-* Congratulation, look at below!
1463085_414843918643548_1628517523_n.jpg

credit to NAVER

Guest kaeruchan

Updated the rough recaps for episode 8...pardon my lack of understanding the dialogues :)

http://thetalkingcupboard.wordpress.com/2013/11/19/empress-ki-eps-7-8/

Guest Lyly1430292245

SeGafanlady said: Yup.. I noticed the insecureness of Emperor Huizong in Empress Ki's coronation as the Empress Consort (Empress who risen up from concubine level) but Seung Nyang is a one very smart woman... she awares that the gravity of her circumstances won't allow him to be with King WY (if she really love him).. 
1. She's already a concubine at that time.. who can UNCONCUBINE her? nobody.It's not like Emperor Huizong will let her go.. he clearly stated his feeling for her, that he loves her so much and she is EVERYTHING for him.
2. Goryeo is Yuan's underling Kingdom. Dare to touch Yuan Emperor's woman? the whole Goryeo Kingdom can be abolished easily by Yuan's super power troops.
3. Concubine = Emperor's woman/wife. She probably already sleep with the Emperor (it's a mandate from heaven for woman to serve the Ruler) and eventhough Huizong awares her love for him is questionable.. Huizong would just don't give a damn and will treat her just like a husband to his wife.
4. Better to be love than to love. GIRLS... bible this.. loving is hurting... 
5. She's the Empress. The first lady. The other half of the ruler. She can do many things for Goryeo and help Goryeo more in the future.. to maintain peace and decrease the tributes that Goryeo must give to Yuan annually. 6. A handsome, loaded, powerful, smexy and younger husband with puppy-ish eyes that longing for love... hhmmm..  what can be better than that? SY would probably take control in the bedroom department and Emperor Huizong will just OBEY her like a lovesick boy... hahaahahaaaa.....  :P

Team SN and TH. I normally don't find Noona dongsang relationships palatable but TH is so captivating and an eye candy. Can't wait for their "first" - confession/ hug/ kiss / night. I can almost encision what's gonna happen, night and sweet dreams? =))

And here I am, hoping that after that meeting with SN, TH won't consummate with lady Park or any other ladies, hehe...
By the way, i read a character description somewhere that the maid leader will also become TH's concubine later on....please correct me if i'm wrong

Guest lightitup

I'm so glad TH and SN met! It was such an emotionally charged moment. I felt all the sparks flying when they made eye contact LOL. Haven't seen so much chemistry since, oh, I don't know, Secret Garden? I can't wait for the next episode because guess who is chasing SN around like a lovesick puppy!!! :D And perhaps WY is coming back to add another layer to the love story. I'm not very sure who it is addressed to (most likely WY since he was on screen) but SN said something like "Why don't you understand my heart?". Sounds like a lurveeee confession?

Why is Monday so far away? :( now I have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and weekend blues.

lightitup

said: I'm so glad TH and SN met! It was such an emotionally charged moment. I felt all the sparks flying when they made eye contact LOL. Haven't seen so much chemistry since, oh, I don't know, Secret Garden? I can't wait for the next episode because guess who is chasing SN around like a lovesick puppy!!!

:D

And perhaps WY is coming back to add another layer to the love story. I'm not very sure who it is addressed to (most likely WY since he was on screen) but SN said something like "Why don't you understand my heart?". Sounds like a lurveeee confession? Why is Monday so far away?

:(

now I have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and weekend blues.

Loya said:

lightitup

said: I'm so glad TH and SN met! It was such an emotionally charged moment. I felt all the sparks flying when they made eye contact LOL. Haven't seen so much chemistry since, oh, I don't know, Secret Garden? I can't wait for the next episode because guess who is chasing SN around like a lovesick puppy!!!

:D

And perhaps WY is coming back to add another layer to the love story. I'm not very sure who it is addressed to (most likely WY since he was on screen) but

SN said something like "Why don't you understand my heart?"

. Sounds like a lurveeee confession? Why is Monday so far away?

:(

now I have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and weekend blues.