What ethicnicity do ppl say you look like?

Heyyy

Guest masala_chai_tea

Lately it's been Spanish and Latin American, but I've been mistaken for a lot of different ethnicities and mixes: Peruvian, Pacific NW Coast Native, Northern Indian (India), Chinese/European, Filipino/Euro-Canadian, Black/Chinese, Filipino/Romanian, Korean, Mexican, French-Canadian/Algonquin, etc. I'm not entirely sure why there's almost always the assumption that one of my parents is European, but it happens freqently. O_o Anyway, I'm Native (Ojibwe) and Tagalog (Filipino) with some Irish ancestry (from many generations ago).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i was young, i look filipino because i had really dark skin

then some ppl say i look korean or japanese b/c i have small tiny eyes. when i was in my teens ppl thought i was viet.. now ppl guess that i'm just mix with some kind of asian... btw.. i'm chinese

Guest missGiang

A lot of people think I'm Latina or Hispanic...Which is so weird because I don't see it...But about half of the people in my grade were like "YOU'RE ASIAN?!?!" apparently I looked mixed because of my eyes O.O

I get Vietnamese A LOT............

one time a guy thought that I was VIET and he started to talk mix Viet and English to me... I was like what is he saying.... and I started laughing and I was like I'm not Viet and he was like WHAT...

all this time I thought you were Viet... it was funny :P

Guest maly&ahpulee

Hmong of course but some ppl are so ignorant these days. I'm getting sick of the "What is Hmong?" questions. But sometimes, it's like... W/E!

Guest matango88

Viets thought I was Filipino

Thais thought I was a Thai

[im ethnic southern Chinese]

I really dont like being asked whats my ethnicity , sometimes I just say American

Guest Lebanese_Blonde

its not offensive

i'm mixed korean/hispanic ppl say i look full japanese

my bf is white/korean ppl say he looks hispanic

xD people are just crazy

Guest CherryBlossom

people assume or say I look chinese and maybe mixed with something else...i'm half chinese and half viet by the way, but I don't think I look Viet because I'm quite pale/white.

One time when my family and I were flying to Vietnam on a Taiwanese Airline company, and the plane was filled with Viet looking people. The flight attendents would talk to the Viet looking people in english, and when they got to me and my brother (who's also pale, people say he looks kinda japanese) they'ed start speaking chinese (which we don't speak) and we'd be like...um....we speak english.

Guest f0rever_ta1nted

i get chinese allllllllll the time which is normal i guess since i'm korean, but it gets kinda annoying x_x

like when your chinese friend's mothers start talking to you in chinese, i'm like ".... =_="

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

all the customers at the restaurant i work at think i'm Korean...a lot of ppl think i'm Korean...

when i was younger (like 4 or 5 maybe...i dunno...back in those days) some asked if i was Japanese...(nowadays, it's Korean)

i'm actually Chinese...

but i've only had like 2 people ask me if i was Chinese...:blink:

Archived