What ethicnicity do ppl say you look like?

Heyyy

Guest clueless_lina

people think im filipino... even though they know my last name is tran... HELLLOOOO, its the second most common last name for a viet person... haha next to nguyen... oh and when i went to mexico, people thought i was chinese too... but this one lady thought i was japanese... she said konichiwa, and i was like wtf, im not japanese.....

OMG....same here!!! my last name is Tran....and i get people asking

" .... are you chinese and FRENCH" :blink:

and i was like...HUH?! where'd you get french from?

and some say i look korean/chinese :crazy:

...very interesting

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beautylicious87

i dunno....

i mean since i was young people thought i was chinese....

people still think i am chinese....lol

but some people said i looked japanese but nobody ever thought i was korean.....

Guest livingdeaddoll

some people think i'm mixed coz apparently i don't look pure chinese. when i was really tan i got mistaken for a malay. and when i became fair i was asked if i was a japanese.

Guest rain_sadtango

im chinese, but some ppl at school (japanese international students) thought i was korean cos of my name (my name's karina). I was like....my name is KARINA and theyre like "oh, your name is korean? yeahh....you look korean". bizzare.

Guest sassygrl

I'm viet but people think i'm japanese...

like i work at a viet restaurant n da viet customers speak english n den i speak viet n dey r like all surprised n stuff...

sometimes idiots make a joke out of it...

but i wouldn't mind being japanese hehehhe

Guest dream_weaver

most people mistake me for either somali, ethiopian, brazillian mixed flip, or full indian. when in actuality im half indian. its my hair cos its very curly and when its pulled back its straight. basically i dont have usual black peoples hair.

Guest Bo Ryeong
:P i'm a chinese but other ppl will mistake me as mix or malay girl.. there's 1 day when i found my mom in the shopping complex, i just stand beside her n keep quiet,the a sale girl at theres keep looking at me with weird expression..den when my mom check on wat she's looking at...my mom told her dat i'm her daughter..n she say dat i look like malay girl coz i hav those big eyes...actually i dun understand why ppl will say chinese hav small eyes...mostly my surrounding chinese friends hav big eyes..lol :D

Guest rain_sadtango

I always get "OMG ARE YOU KOREAN OR japanese?" when really, i'm just an ordinary Viet. --"

haha why do u say "ordinary viet"? its not like korean, japanese or any other race is extra-ordinary. You're not ordinary, everyone's special :P

Guest Junanni

most of the time people mistake me for korean or japanese. I'm Chinese but then i work at CVS where a lot of asian people come in and they try to speak to me in Korean. It's either my name (nametag) or something about my face lol

Guest packet85

im chinese but im mistaken to be japanese ( i still get a lot of Arigato greetings at the airports LOLz) or korean ( i was reading some korean newspapers at the library once and a lady came up to me and greeted me Annyonghaseyo and i was like... uh.. im just going through the entertainment section, LOLz)

Guest Maia-X3

I get mistaken for Filipino a lot... even by non-asians. People also start talking to me in Tagalog... I'm like... O_________o.

Guest BAN`CHAN

ppl always say i look chinese but they always think i'm mandarin (i'm cantonese)..

once when i went to Italy, these men tryign to sell something to us thought i wa japanese

Guest Aerolite

I'm full Filipino, but my parents are from a different province than most of the Filipinos here. I have a very light skin tone compared to others, many many people think I'm eurasian.

Here's an actual list of things I've been called:

Hawaiian-French

Italian

Indonesian

Spanish-Filipino

White-Japanese

There are others that I can't remember but it's really interesting to see what some people come up with!

Archived