What ethicnicity do ppl say you look like?

Heyyy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm filipino/chinese, but a lot of people say I look vietnamese. I was sitting with my non asian/asian friends, and they were guessing my ethnicity. Most of them said I look vietnamese, even my asian friends say I look it. Also, when I went to a chinese restaurant, the waiter said "vietnamese, right?"

Others are korean because they went through the 'list of asians' and also because I listen to korean music. I listen to a variety of asian music though..and I don't think I look korean...

and japanese cause my friends and I were making a petition to have japanese as a language, so when I asked a couple of people to sign they were all "are you japanese?" lol. I'm far from looking japanese.

Guest cyberfruit

Most people think I'm an (a Southern) Indian except for actual Indians. Those people are far off because I'm actually Black/Hispanic.

Guest peachy™

a lot of non-asians(?) mistake me as a caucasian girl.

but most asians seem to notice that i am asian. haa. i'm korean, to be specific.

Guest coolieever

people think im filipino... even though they know my last name is tran... HELLLOOOO, its the second most common last name for a viet person... haha next to nguyen... oh and when i went to mexico, people thought i was chinese too... but this one lady thought i was japanese... she said konichiwa, and i was like wtf, im not japanese.....

Guest x__simply lost

i get mistaken for alot of things..

the most common for me at the work place- fillipino. (sp?)

but at school i got korean, japanese, viet and yeah..

Guest Xiaoness

most people think im chinese(cantonese) im not cantonese but i am chinese.and a few people, even korean people mistaken me for being korean before which i found funny x____x;; cuz i always wanted to be a korean.

Guest x___diamond_eye

I'm mixed --- Japanese, Filipino, & Spanish.

I usually get mistaken for almost everything.

The most popular ones I get are Indian, Hawaiian, Chinese, Portuguese, and some type of Caucasian.

Guest XTINE__

I'm viet, but people mistake me for japanese/korean, because my skin's so fair and what not.

Sometimes chinese too, but they never think i look viet.

weird eh?

Guest simplicity&

I've been told a lot of things actually, lol.

A couple think I have a mix of white in me due to supposed fair skin/high nose bridge.

Another told me I look Korean due to my eyes.

Several have said I looked like a Honger aka someone from Hong Kong.

The ignorant assume everyone is Chinese.

But really I'm a mix of Chinese&Viet.

Guest Aestas

I've been mistaken as Japanese... but i'm chinese. i think its the small eyes and my nose is not a button nose.. more on the strongish side....

Archived