Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2013] Master's Sun 주군의 태양

tonight is the Ending of TMS here in PHL. A lot of fans are so sad. But Because of the popularity of Gong Hyo Jin (she's famous here) Its okay, that's love is planned to aired here soon! :) We're so excited! lalalalalalallalalaa ;) 

I have just finished watching The Masters Sun for the, hmmmm, I dont know, maybe 20th time now...YAY! and admittedly it was harder to go back to this time round than previously...sigh!...I still revel in the two main leads chemistry here, so undeniably cute and adorable....but what gets me though is how restricted, and I dont know, 'unfair' perhaps, that the intimacy of these two together was soooooo frustratingly polite and limited.... compared to ALL their previous works....YAH!.....I remember somewhere that this was discussed, but I guess just going back to watching TMS after so long (after watching other NEW dramas recently), it just does not make sense that their 'kissing' scenes were, dare I say, passionate but, 'dull'....if that makes sense...sigh!
I came to appreciate the 'ghost stories' even more so this time...LOL!...and still maintain that TMS was/is absolutely, one of a kind...With the character Tae Yang reacting invisibly to ghosts,....OMO!, you have to absolutely give GHJ credit for generating a role that  became so believable and so adorable.  Joo Wong who was the charismatic, debonair and conceited CEO, though selfish and self centred in the beginning, and who finally became the hopelessly-devoted-in-love CEO with a lot of heart....sigh! and again, kudos to SJS for stepping out of his comfort zone in making JJW his own....shucks, just having the beautiful SJS sign up and on screen was a bonus in itself....LOL!

Thankfully, TMS was received in the Phillipines with much love and appreciation, well done to the new fans there, absolutely...TMS will forever be a part of my K-Drama memorable moments and experiences, and I absolutely applaud and continue to adore this drama as the best (2013) one for me...absolutely, kahmsamnida...I believe that where ever TMS goes from here, it will absolutely be embraced wholeheartedly because of its uniqueness, different storyline and absolutely the chemistry of not only the beautiful leads (JJW/TGS) but also the incredible supporting cast and crew, absolutely...!!
TMS FIGHTING!....JJW & TGS FIGHTING!....@EVERYONE FIGHTING!....

:-bd :-bd :-bd

Guest heeltoe22.

@chakitababe  Yes, you are so right about the passionate glances, the tentative/timid touches, the aggressive grabs and the deliberate/accidental embraces that telegraph hidden emotions. We(the viewers) read attraction and passion but the payoff was very spare kissing. Contact was physical but chaste by comparison to all the other dramas that at least provided accidental lip locks! There is an argument that they were both emotionally stunted by tragedy in their lives. Although TaeYang did try to date, the many ghosts got in the way. JooWon stopped believing in love(betrayal by Cha Hee Joo) and resorted to negotiated companionship. The characters as written had enormous obstacles that would nix any romance.It was that on-screen chemistry in their character role play and then their bts's interaction that was amazing. I loved TGS and JJW and naturally transferred it to GHJ with SJS. I know everybody did! I had my imagination edit quite a few scenes! :\">

@chakita babe, @heeltoe22 .I believe most if not all of us were cursing and counting the number of actual kisses we got from JW and TY. I know I was counting down the minutes throughout Ep17, and screaming for all the side characters to get off my screen during the last 10 minutes, because every second "wasted" on Uncle Sexylips, JW's aunt, TYR, KW, Cheaplips Lee Hanjoo and TGR was seconds taken away from them. Granted, we had 3 kisses (one truncated to abruptly switch to Uncle Sexylips...grr!), followed by a last one as the camera pulls away from them... but like both of you pointed out, these are utterly chaste by comparison to many other dramas (read You Who Came from the Stars in terms of type and quantity of kisses!). I can remember us complaining about lack of head movement in our precious few TMS kisses apart from the camera... heh!
However, that being said, it begs the question why a drama with so few passionate kisses keeps us mesmerised and still hanging out here, almost 9 months after it finished airing. That, I can only attribute to the incredible chemistry between JW and TY, brought to life by the wonderful talents and off-screen chemistry of SJS and GHJ, the uniquely engaging script, the all-round awesome ensemble performances and the gorgeous soundtrack. I have revisited TMS countless times... and each time, I have always found it a haven and place of joy and comfort to return to... despite the pain of certain scenes, the heart-melting moments and hilarity of others. I guess the hardest and truest test was after the announcement... when just hearing the soundtrack, starting from Gummy's Day and Night, brought me to tears of sadness and loss. Still I forged on, and now, when I watch it once more, I appreciate anew this drama which was much more than just a drama to me... the one that firmly established my love for kdramas when no other drama could. And as I watch, I fall in love with the world of Master's Sun all over again...