4 Big celebrities SM Entertainment lost

Guest XxminwoolovexX

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cutegit

hahaha i actually thought that jang nara is part of sm.. apparently not.. >.< but yes, sm did lose a lot from junki.. too bad

Guest joon-ki-fied

ohhh wow i didn't know that...

but.. i don't understand why SM trained them for years (they must have spended much money on these trainees) just to let them change to another angency?

Guest swtlilazn

haha, all i can say is....

IN YOUR FACE SM!!!!!!! MUAHAHHA

lol, those guys + girls are really talented and famous, lol..what a loss

i don't consider it a loss for sm ent. if you think about it, would they really would've been this popular & famous if they were still w/sm? the road is totally different, considering that sm's based on young, pop teen market. their image & roads that they would've taken would've been totally different than what they're accomplishing now.

imo, i don't think they would've been as big if they were w/sm. yes, they prob've popularity but not as much as they have it like now.

SM got BoA, Kangta, tvxq....so i don't think they're :w00t::wacko: over loosing the "almost sm stars" (if its not a rumour that is....)

Guest Wassayo!

^Yes she was~ Omg this whole SES talk was already discussed in Korea a LONG A** time ago when FINKL was still doing their activities as a group. It's not like this is some brand new "rumor" that this soompi poster just randomly found and believed in after someone making it up. This fact was known from a long time ago between fans of KPOP and it's old news.

Of COURSE DSP's not gonna put it in Hyori's profile that she was first and only picked up by them. Even more, they're obviously not going to mention anything about her and her past consideration of being put in SES.

How embarassing would that be?

And not only was Hyori going to be in SES, but she was going to be in a lot of different groups too. And not only THAT but before Hyori was chosen to be in FinKL, Hwang Bo from Chakra was going to be in FinKL, Annie from Tashannie was *also* going to be in FinKL after Hwang Bo got excluded and so were about 100 other girls who were changed around. Companies switch their girls around to find the right people and Hyori just happened to be one of the candidates to be in SES a long long time ago when LSM was trying to make a girl group.

Sure DSP picked hyori up but so did a lot of other companies. She was also going to be in another group with Tasha from Tashannie way before both of them even debuted(Hyori has even said this on TV) and it's known that Korean music companies DO kick people out, put new ones in, take other people that were kicked out from other places, etc. etc. etc.

It's not unbelievable guys. I dunno why people are making such a big deal out of it.

So what if it was already discussed a long time ago. It doesn't mean that it is true. It could be the exact same situation where you a whole mass of people believe in something because some random poster "heard" something. Credibility on this can only be found from Hyori. I have yet to hear her ever mention SM.

Once again, I'll just say that DSP is known for it's rival groups to SM. It's like an unofficial partnership, but they create groups soley for the purpose of being one of SM's groups rivals. Sechskies was HOT's & Shinhwa's rival and FINKL was SES's rival. Both Sechskies and Finkl recruitment began AFTER their rivals debuted. Hyori WASNT in the music business prior to her recruit to FINKL. She expressed her "passion" for singing and dancing like any other artist, but never had the intention to actually becoing a teen pop idol. If anything she was trying to be an actress as she said in her DVD.

Hyori being in SES was an issue that was already touched because of the impracticalities already discussed. She is way older than them and her vocals don't exactly scream awesomeness. With this said, what makes you think Hyori would ever be considered for ANY group of that matter with no vocal training. Yeah, she's pretty, but if she were to have trained under SM for a time, then it would have shown when FinKL debuted. You'd be surprised what you can learn from a dance class or a vocal class even just one. All of Hyori's training was so last minute and it was also during the 90s where dance moves werent really very vigorous or very difficult and vocal groups could be carried by one good singer.

It's not a big deal. I'm just not about having false information flying around. like "oh WHAT A LOSS!! OMG!!!" Also, I can feel a great negativity towards SM. Like "Oh They are SOOO stupid" or anything of that nature.

Guest min_chou

I never know that Jun ki 's supported to be part of DBSK.

SM lost a lot of star, sometimes I think it's stupid, they also lost ShinHwa and FTTS.

Is this true?

Whoa, then I'm also glad Wheesung didn't stay with SM. I mean, if he were under SM, then his songs would be teenyboppers kind. I love the Wheesung with real soul. Lol

Are you serious LJK was supposed to be in SM?? That's a shock! And he was a singer that time? WOW

Guest kadajlover

lee junki is a TOTAL big loss for SM. i've recently watched 'the royal jester' while i was on the plane back from south korea and OH EM GEE...junki is such an awesome actor >o<

Guest hyeminnie

I never know that Jun ki 's supported to be part of DBSK.

SM lost a lot of star, sometimes I think it's stupid, they also lost ShinHwa and FTTS.

how is it stupid?

shinhwa and FTTS left cuz their contract ended. SM didn't lose them. they just went a different way.

Guest captainEDEN.

*breathes a sigh of relief* great thing Wheesung ditched! :P

but WOW, SM lost a lot....

but SM also did good with BoA, HOT, SES, Shinhwa, and F2TS.

Eh.. I don't know. I don't think they're THAT big a loss for SM.

I mean, sure LJK is super huge right now but if he had debuted as a singer under SM would he still be mega popular?? I doubt it. He's known for his acting (is he not?) and not his singing so how would it be a loss for SM if they intended for him to debut as a singer?? I think it was good for LJK to move onto another company.

As for Hyori, I really don't know if she was really a part of SM. Her vocals really make me doubt it. Why? Because SM really trains their artists like crazy, even those who have left should have pretty good vocals.

Jang Nara is definetly a loss for them considering her popularity in China right now. But well they have Boa in Japan? Well actually, BoA pretty popular everywhere in Asia nowadays. And Kangta's pretty popular in China (or so I hear).

Wheesung is so not SM material, so it's good that he left. I can't imagine hearing him singing SM songs, so not right! >_<

What I really don't understand is how people say SM is stupid and tht they suck. Without them would we have our favourite artists like HOT, Shinhwa, FTTS, SES, Boa, DBSG ect? I think not. And it's not SM's fault that they 'lost' Shinhwa and FTTS, it was primarily because their contracts were over. As for HOT, well everyone should know their story so I guess you could consider them a 'loss' for SM. Ahh just my two cents >_<

Guest miyawoks

hmmm i knew that lee junki was a trainee...

and nara was suppose to be in milk, but for some reason, she just went solo... and was not part of sm... (although her first 3 albums seemed to have a connection with sm, as they all had sm's logo on it... maybe sm produced it or something, but nara had to have a different company promote her...

anyway, i like lee junki, but i don't think he's a pop person.... i'm glad he went into acting instead :) loved him in flying boys...

as for jang nara... i'm glad she didn't stay in sm town cos milk's already disbanded (i think)... although it would be nice if her former popularity in korea is till present up to now...

as for hyori... good job with finkl :)

and wheesung... never thought he was a trainee for sm... always saw him as a yg guy.... keke though it seems likely that nara and wheesung knew each other before since she had a duet with him in her 1st jib...

I DON'T THINK THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE SM'S LOSS... RATHER IT'S THESE PEOPLE'S LOSS iF THEY EVEN CONTINUED WITH SM... BECAUSE IF THEY DID, WHO KNOWS HOW WELL THEY COULD HAVE HAD IT COMPARED WITH WHAT THEY ARE NOW...

I MEAN, LOOK AT SHINHWA, THEY WON A DAESANG AFTER MOVING AWAY FROM SM TOWN... AFTER 6 YEARS!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE IF THEY HAD GONE THEIR OWN WAY EARLIER??!!! MAYBE THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DAESANG EARLIER...

ANYWHO... THIS IS JUST MY OPINION SO DON'T KILL ME... I LIKE SUJU FROM SM TOWN SO I'M NOT ENTIRELY BIASED AGAINST THEM :) besides, i think sm town has already accomplished so much with BOA alone....

and DBSG's doing a great job...

actually SM Town is great in selecting and starting groups... but the lasting period is very sporadic...

Archived