[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

align="center"[summary] Character Description of Jung Ji Sook

1849863-L1CHLIH.jpg

• Second wife of CEO Kim Nam Yoon on the registry.
  • In order for her family to be related to Empire Group, she married CEO Kim.
  • She is daughter of a rich family and is suitable to become a career-minded woman. However, Empire Group gave her the title “Chairman of Finance”, in which she believes they wanted her as a puppet. She thinks the job is dull and unable to demonstrate her skills.
  • What’s worse is she has to accept the child of that mistres. Her status (her place), in truth, is deceptively impressive but lacks its worth.
  • The mention of child is her one and only inferiority because unable to bear a child has stripped her off her chance of happiness.
  • When Ki Ae appeared with Kim Tan at Kim residence, it did nothing but opened up her wound. She did not make a scene then but rather lock herself up in the room.
  • She refused to let Ki Ae be addressed as Madam of Empire Group and she forbids Kim Tan to address Ki Ae as mum – this is her revenge.
  • Now, she only has one wish and that is to wait for CEO Kim to pass away.
  • When that time comes, she is going to take back the fortune Empire Group has taken from her family and made everyone pays for the painful time she lost as a woman.
original souce: Sodarain

Hi guys :-h , this is the short summary (rough translation) to CEO Kim's second wife. Step-mother of Kim Won and Kim Tan. I think this might help us get to know her a little better especially after seeing how some of you are wondering if she ever loved Wonny and Tanny etc. Looking from the description, I guess no? But I hope she will learn to love them both in the end... and vice versa.

I never wrote about what I felt on episode 2 but one of the scenes that broke my heart is actually the scene between Ji Sook and Ki Ae. I think both are sympathic women that got caught up in this love affair. Of course one would think it's the 21st century, they should just divorce each other and be happy but some women can't or their family situation or social status would not allow it. Their pride is hurt and they'd seek revenge by making the other suffer, which is why Kim Eun Sook refers their marriage/love triangle to the Joseon period... because that is how ancient women are like. Unable to divorce their husbands and forced to endure sharing her man with other women...

I just hope she finds peace in herself and happiness. :(

Guest Mishiellie

tmr is the day~~~~ tbh I wasn't too impressed by 1st 2 ep of heirs.. but after reading bits and pieces of character descriptions.. it gave me hope for a more complex plot.. and of course.. lots of dramas

I will keep an eye on this drama

Guest Mishiellie

ooo more pieces of character description thanks to booha from CJH thread

Kim Nam Yoo: father

The first wife died when Kim Won was 6. He remarried to a woman for the sole purpose of acquiring more power and not for love.  The business was his main focus. Even though he had affection for his two sons in different ways, he wouldn’t hesitate to use them for the company.  It means that two brothers’ love lives are going to be rough. The question is which brother will go for the true love at the end.

Jeong Ji Sook: second wife

She was a career woman and had a loveless marriage. One day she found the mistress with a son by her husband. Instead of divorcing him she adopted the boy and forced the mistress to live together as revenge to her husband. She waited for her husband to die so that she could take over the company.

Han Ki Ae: Tan’s mom

She was Tan’s birth mother and a mistress. Her goal was becoming a legal wife and her son to be the ceo of the company.  She would do anything to get her wish but she wasn’t smart and had many defects. So she relied on the smart house keeper but she was used by this house keeper in turn.  She had a real love for the elder Kim.