You were a woman to me from the beginning and you are a woman now
From now on, you'll be my first love
Let's not say hello when we run into each other
How are you, don't even ask how I'm doing
Even after a very long time passes, I think it was like that back then
Let's not pretend to know it

google translate

2023.08.01 /2023.08.04 /Tomoa SakaiKorean drama

The reason why the masterpiece Korean drama "The Heirs" is called "Love is the moment" among Western fans

"The Heirs" is a masterpiece drama that is deeply popular with overseas fans (Image source: SBS)

The main characters of the story are Kim Tan (played by Lee Min Ho), the scion of the chaebol "Imperial Group", and Cha Eun Sang (played by Park Shin Hye), a hard worker who goes to high school while working part-time.

The famous line “Do I like you?” appears in the scene where Tan, played by Lee Min-ho, confesses to Eun-sang.

This line became a hot topic among viewers for its novel confession of asking questions instead of telling the other person about his feelings, but Lee Min Ho himself said, "When I received the script, it was very fresh. Even the staff who saw the script for the first time doubted that it might have been written incorrectly."

In addition, the play contains plenty of heart-pounding scenes reminiscent of shoujo manga, and has gained high popularity as a Cinderella story woven by a prince-like scion and an ordinary girl.

The final episode recorded a high audience rating of 25.6%, and at the 2013 SBS Drama Awards, Lee Min Ho won the Best Actor Award and the Best Couple Award.

'The Heirs', which has a popular line, is also a drama that is especially loved by overseas fans.

The location tours that appeared in the drama have also become popular, and fans can visit memorable places such as the mansion where Tan and Eun Sang lived, the cafe where Eun Sang worked part-time, and the hotel where the Zeus Hotel in the drama was set. It seems that he enjoys the afterglow of the work by going around.

In addition, it seems that some fans from overseas such as Europe and the United States call the subtitle of "The Heirs" "~Love is the moment~".

This is the lyric from the OST song "Moment" sung by 2AM's Lee Changmin.

Since this song played so often in the drama, it seems that foreigners who enjoyed the drama began to use the phrase "Love is the moment" as the subtitle of the drama as it is.

In other words, the drama gained popularity overseas.

https://danmee.jp/knews/koreandrama/koreadrama-topic-5/

SBS [The Heirs] Estoy más agradecido con Bo-na, que no dijo nada, que con Tan.

Culture | By Em Enriquez - 2 days ago

10 Chaebol K-Dramas to Watch For a Glimpse Into the Lives of the Ultra-Rich

Often shrouded in an aura of intrigue and opulence, chaebols are situated at the top of South Korea's societal pyramid. K-dramas offer us a slight glimpse into their daily lives, portraying characters who suit up as CEOs and retreat home to the most grandiose mansions. Stories usually portray how they gain a fresh perspective on life after encountering someone from the other side of society. More often than not, a little romance is sprinkled in for good measure.

Though, what is a chaebol in the first place?

The term "chaebol" is a portmanteau of "chae," which means wealth, and "bol," which means clan or faction. In essence, these are large conglomerates, usually in the fields of electronics, finance, and retail, that are solely owned and operated by one family. Modern-day examples would be the groups behind Samsung, Hyundai, and LG.

Chaebols play a huge role in making South Korea a global powerhouse, given their large market shares and contributions to economic growth. Leadership of a chaebol group is typically treated like a family heirloom, which is why people born into these clans are perceived to have silver spoons in their mouths. 

If you enjoy getting a glimpse into the world of chaebols, we listed down some K-drama titles (as fictional as they may be) that depict these affluent folk. Check them out below:

10 K-Dramas That Feature Chaebols

2. The Heirs (2013)

Watch on: Viki, weTV

In another tale of opposites attract, Jeguk Group heir Kim Tan develops feelings for Cha Eun-sang, the daughter of her family's househelper. His former best friend Choi Young-do pokes fun at his little crush, but unexpectedly starts to fall for Eun-sang too. Kim is then left with the difficult choice of pursuing either the family business or love.

Starring: Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin

preview.ph/culture/chaebol-korean-dramas-a00378-20230810

If you love K-dramas on Netflix, you need to check out this new streaming service

Published Aug 15th, 2023 9:16PM EDT

Korean dramas have always had an international audience, but once they started streaming on Netflix, that audience grew exponentially. K-dramas regularly dominate Netflix’s non-English TV charts. 

On Tuesday, Variety reported that South Korean media company NEW ID launched the free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) service “BINGE Korea” in the United States. It’s the first FAST service dedicated to Korean content, which is honestly hard to believe.

Currently, BINGE Korea is available on Samsung, LG Smart TVs, and Amazon Fire TV, but the company plans to bring the service to Roku, iOS, and Android TV in the future.

BINGE Korea will launch with 36 channels in the US. It features a mix of curated channels that will show a variety of content and “Single-IP” channels that will only stream episodes of a single show. Although the service will be relatively limited at launch (compared to The Roku Channel’s 300+ channels), NEW ID wants to make 100 channels available within the first year.

bgr.com/entertainment/

• 2 weeks later...
SBS Legend Masterpiece

When I pretended to be Japanese to Koreans overseas haha

2.2 million views2023. 8. 24. 19:22 Edit
20230824192240911vyvl.jpg

Cha Eun-sang (Park Shin-hye), a first-time foreigner who just arrived in Los Angeles, USA.

At that time , I found a Korean talking on the phone !

20230824192241101sjsw.gif

(Wow... from head to toe, how much is that...?)

I’ve become more handsome than I’ve seen, taller…”

Rachel Yoo (Kim Ji-won), another Korean who is pretty from head to toe

20230824192241935zuko.jpg

(Huh...? It's cool... but is he tall at that age?)

Eun-sang is puzzled when she hears Rachel's phone call

20230824192242799jcpa.gif

Two Koreans met eyes!

“Tani says it’s natural that I’ve become prettier”

SBS drama <The Heirs>

https://v.daum.net/v/X7UnjfxvIu

7 Teen K-Dramas To Watch Before School Starts!

WRITTEN BY TORI RAPHAEL. PUBLISHED: AUGUST 26 2023

0b9f243cdf38ef7aad6ff4bf469f72f1.jpg

Going back to school can either be the best or the worst thing to happen this Fall. Sometimes, we all want to escape into the unbelievable world of K-Drama high school TV shows. If you need some nail-biting love triangles, quirky comedy, and never-ending slow-motion shots to get your mind off your studies, this list is for you!

4. "Heirs" (2013)

tumblr_n4hnk6hOHM1s5xkwpo1_250.gif

Two people, after meeting in L.A., find each other once again at a rich high school in Korea. Although they are from different worlds, the two can't seem to get away from each other. There are, of course, love triangles once again! If you love high school drama about elite wealthy students, this show is for you! Stream on Netflix and Amazon Freevee.

https://younghollywood.com/scene/7-teen-k-dramas-to-watch-before-school-starts.html#start-0

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Min Ho surprises Park Shin Hye with unscripted ‘The Heirs’ kiss and regrets it

By TEAMCELEBTRENDS12 September, 2023
Lee min ho surprises park shin hye with unscripted the heirs kiss and regrets it.

Lee min ho surprises park shin hye with unscripted the heirs kiss and regrets it.

South Korean actors Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye captivated viewers with their chemistry in the popular 2013 show The Heirs. This beloved K-drama is a must-watch for those new to the genre.

Throughout the series, the romantic storyline between the two actors kept audiences hooked, and their passionate kiss was a heartwarming moment. However, what many may not know is that Shin Hye was caught off-guard by the kiss, as it was added to the script at the last minute.

In The Heirs, Min Ho portrayed Kim Tan, a member of a wealthy family who falls in love with Cha Eun-sang, essayed by Shin Hye, the daughter of their house help. The show portrayed their love story as high school students, earning praise from many viewers. Yet, the passionate kiss was not originally part of the script and was a spontaneous change. During a press conference, Min Ho shared that he followed the director’s instructions, while Shin Hye was unaware of the sudden change.

Min Ho mentioned, “Since the kiss was the culmination of all the events and emotions leading up to it, there was no other alternative than to do it for real. I felt sorry that Park Shin Hye wasn’t told beforehand. Usually, female actresses are accommodated to a certain extent. So I think Park Shin Hye was caught off-guard by how it played out,” as reported by Soompi.

Park Shin Hye, known for her role in Doctors, also admitted her surprise at the unexpected kiss. She revealed, “I was really surprised. While we were shooting the scene, I grabbed Lee Min Ho’s clothes.

That’s because I was so surprised, and you can see it in the shot, too. We were shooting the scene for the first time, and the director said, ‘This time, you’re going to really kiss,’ at which I’m just standing in a daze, and then we did it. In the notes, it says ‘grabs and pulls her chin towards him,’ and when he actually grabbed my chin and pulled me in, it surprised me.”

Shin Hye also mentioned that she didn’t have much experience with intimate scenes in K-dramas, making the kiss scene a new and unexpected experience for her. She expressed gratitude that the director only required one take of the scene.

To watch the scene, click here.

cr:  https://www.celebtrends.in/news/lee-min-ho-surprises-park-shin-hye-with-unscripted-the-heirs-kiss-and-regrets-it/

For more stories, stay tuned to Celebtrends.

The latest status of the 9 leading actors of "The Heirs" has been revealed! Park Shin Hye & Park Hyung Sik's new drama, "The Greatest Internet Celebrity", can't you recognize Kang Min Hyuk?

Spoiler

The latest status of the 9 leading actors of "The Heirs" has been revealed!  Park Shin Hye & Park Hyung Sik's new drama, "The Greatest Internet Celebrity", can't you recognize Kang Min Hyuk?  The Heirs, Jung Soo Jung, Park Shin Hye, Lee Min Ho, Kim Ji Won

28-year-old Krystal is active in the entertainment industry as an actress and model. She just recently concluded the brand Ralph Lauren 's new product launch event in New York, and the movie "Spider's Nest" will be released at the end of the month. The recent promotion of the reality show "Civilization Express" also mentioned the Korean drama "The Heirs" which was popular throughout Asia 10 years ago !

Jessica Jung mentions the 10th anniversary of "The Heirs"

In an interview with "Civilization Express" that was launched on September 8, the host and Jung Soo-jung briefly mentioned the popular 2013 Korean drama "The Heirs" and asked each other if they would be willing to participate if the program team held a 10th anniversary reunion. Upon hearing this, Jessica Jung immediately replied without hesitation: "Of course!" And 10 years later, Miss Popcorn has also sorted out the current situation of the leading actors, let's take a look!

"The Heirs" Park Shin Hye

Played by Cha Eun Sang

The latest status of the 9 leading actors of "The Heirs" has been revealed!  Park Shin Hye & Park Hyung Sik's new drama, "The Greatest Internet Celebrity", can't you recognize Kang Min Hyuk?

source: @ssinz7 , SBS

Park Shin Hye played the role of Cha Eun Sang , an ordinary female high school student with no prominent background in "The Heirs" . After entering an aristocratic school, she was out of tune with her classmates, and later fell in love with the rich man Jin Tan! After "The Heirs" became a hit, Park Shin Hye gained more popularity in two works, "Pinocchio" and "Doctots" ! She announced her marriage last year and gave birth to a son. She continues to be active in the film and television industry. She collaborates with Park Hyung-sik, who is also a member of the cast of "The Heirs", in the new drama "Dr. Low" which will premiere in October this year ¡

"The Heirs" Lee Min Ho

Played by Jin Tan

The latest status of the 9 leading actors of "The Heirs" has been revealed!  Park Shin Hye & Park Hyung Sik's new drama, "The Greatest Internet Celebrity", can't you recognize Kang Min Hyuk?

source: @actorleeminho , SBS

"Maybe, do I like you?" Lee Min Ho's confession line in "The Heirs" is still a classic even after 10 years! Lee Min Ho gained a lot of popularity in 2014 when he starred in "City Hunter" with Park Min Young. The handsome young man Kim Dam in "The Heirs" pushed his acting career to the top again ! The TV series "Pachinko" broadcast in 2022 won the "38th Independent Spirit Award" this year . Lee Min Ho's endorsements and activities have continued uninterrupted in the past few years. The charm of Asia's little prince remains undiminished!

"The Heirs" Park Hyung Sik

Played by Zhao Mingxiu

source: phs1116SBS Catch

Park Hyung-sik plays the generous character Zhao Myung- soo in "The Heirs". He is really cute ~ I believe many girls will gradually get to know Park Hyung-sik from the boy band ZE:A from this drama! In 2017, she co-starred with Park Bo Young in "Strong Woman Do Bong Soon" . Their cute dog CP made them popular. This year, they will perform in the sequel "Strong Woman Kang Nam Soon"! In addition, "Dr. Low", which will be broadcast in October this year, is a 10-year collaboration with Park Shin Hye after "The Heirs". I'm really looking forward to it~

Ten years have passed, and almost every actor has become a protagonist who can play the leading role alone. The golden lineup of "The Heirs" is really classic~

full article: https://www.niusnews.com/=P2cd6x970