[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

@angelaminoz Please edit your post and delete the picture! :)

ATTENTION AND REMINDER TO ALL!!!]      

Hello fellow Heirs fans, posting this again! Please follow the thread rules and PLEASE STOP QUOTING IMAGES!!! (pictures, gifs, fan arts, etc.) AND VIDEOS.If you quote a comment please delete the images or videos, we don't want our thread to be locked!!! We have been warned multiple times. Have fun!!! :)

03. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links (including d/l links) will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

08. Do not bash drama and movie characters, actors, actresses, or other members, or post untrue information. Bashing will not be tolerated by any means and will result in a warning. This includes but is not limited to the usage of derogatory remarks, spreading rumors, swearing, etc. Please respect each others' difference of opinions.

09. Do not quote pictures, videos or long posts.  Instead, remove images and videos in your quotes. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well.
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Do not engage in non-related conversations. If you are not going to engage in a discussion about a drama, movie, or actor/actress, use the PM system or other means of communication. Keep birthday celebrations out of thread topics unless it pertains to the stars of the thread involved.

People Please read the rules!!!

For reference of the Rules:

Sub Forum Rules

General Forum Rules

Awww @shengvang (gurl, you changed your name again [-( ) I knew you would come to his defense as always ;))
Yeah, to add It's a little sad to see when a boy, who had never ever received love in his life from anyone and just lost his last hope, falls into despair, no one in this show comes to comfort and tell him, "it's okay, you're allowed to cry and mourn for today or whenever you're ready to move on." All they did was lecturing him -- to grow up, to stop doing stupid stuff, to toughen up and forget her. Even some audience seem to think the same way. The love of his life is suffering greatly, therefore he must do the same thing, toughen up, grow up, fight against your dad, etc... As if two people should cope with loss in the same way. Can't the boy, who has yet to turn 18 and been greatly bereft of love at this tender age, just cry and unleash his anger at the world for a few days? 

Episode 17 left me with a very heavy heart. I know Heirs have never sold itself as a comical show and it's usually somewhat sad however, this time, it really left me feeling like I've just watched an episode from a melodrama. I am feeling like how I felt after watching every episode of twtwb, just so heavy and so hard to take in, breathless.

On another note, I am curious about what's happening in those bts photos.

Looks like a Christmas celebration, so fancy, so nice, so romantic. 8-> I hope to see Kim Tan and Eun Sang happily together. It's a celebration, at least give us that much writer kim.

Awww @shengvang (gurl, you changed your name again [-( ) I knew you would come to his defense as always

;)

)

Yeah, to add It's a little sad to see when a boy, who had never ever received love in his life from anyone and just lost his last hope, falls into despair, no one in this show comes to comfort and tell him, "it's okay, you're allowed to cry and mourn for today or whenever you're ready to move on." All they did was lecturing him -- to grow up, to stop doing stupid stuff, to toughen up and forget her. Even some audience seem to think the same way. The love of his life is suffering greatly, therefore he must do the same thing, toughen up, grow up, fight against your dad, etc... As if two people should cope with loss in the same way. Can't the boy, who has yet to turn 18 and been greatly bereft of love at this tender age, just cry and unleash his anger at the world for a few days? 

@guadi ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Well said!

;)) I didn't change my name, soompi decided it didn't like me as shenny so they changed me back. :)) Absolutely no way of changing my name back, it won't allow me.

Ahhh...I'll ship them too, you must see ep 14/15 they had kissed each other.

Last time I wish Rachel with Young Do, but maybe the writer think it will too cliche. And then they make Rachel x Hyo Shin.

I really love this new pair, I hope Rachel can less Hyoshin pressure from his parents.

I missed episode 1&2, and till now, I dont understand, what's kind of sickness HyoShin has?

I love them too! :x :\">

I never was really this into Heirs until ep 16 :))

Watched it since ep 1. Checked this thread since ep 6 from time to time but only last week did I start diligently stalking this. :))

Hyoshin's smiles are very disarming.... No wonder our ice princess gets flustered when he shows her those smiles. I could also feel my heart flutter everytime... :\">

I developed a crush on him. Next to Tan and Won. Haha!

:\">

@thao_2512, interesting.  I don't look at KT telling YD that he can have ES as his considering her as a toy or item to be given or taken away.  Instead, what I see is an 18-year old's frustration and despair.  Since the start of this relationship, KT has been the one to fight for it and to try to get her to improve her self esteem and to dream better and bigger.  ES may be the more sensible one out of the two, however has she ever really tried to meet KT half-way?  She obviously likes KT, but yet in one episode she's telling him she can't hold on to him and then in the next or sometimes the same episode she's telling him she likes him and holding his hand.  KT has been the one who is fighting the major battles. 

Although ES may have left because she felt she was protecting KT.  I still feel that she should have given him the courtesy of telling him that she was leaving, perhaps plan with him that she will appear to leave but she won't be leaving forever, that as they get older they'll be able to fight Daddy Kim together.  This would have given KT the motivation he needed to achieve and beat Daddy Kim.  Instead she did the one thing that will send him over the edge, she abandoned him.  Not only did she abandon him, but she abandoned him when he was at his worst and when he needed her the most. 

KT may seem needy, but in reality he was just lonely and in search of unconditional love.  ES represented that love for him, the love for Kim Tan the person and not Kim Tan the Chaebal Heir.  She betrayed not only his trust, but his heart. Is there any doubt that this 18-year old would be incapable of handling this abandonment and would self destruct.  18-year olds have a lot going on both physically and mentally, to be left to feel abandoned by someone they cherish is enough to send them over the edge, they either self destruct or withdraw, but either way there is a negative reaction. 

KT in telling YD he can have her seems to be KT acknowledging his defeat and acceptance that he can't be with her and she doesn't want to be with him.  In this instance, he seems to be saying I'm done I can't handle any more, I can't fight for her any more, if you want to be with her I won't fight you.

@thao_2512

IMO we shouldn't take it literally, it should be seen as a defeated contender saying to his opponent that he was losing the game and the other participant can do whatever he's gonna do next. It is the way KT admitted defeat that he will not fight YD if he's trying his luck to fight for the girl they both love. As we know, previously Tan was so competitive, he fought YD like all the time for any thing he did to ES, but at this moment he's surrendered, YD can fight for her love without KT being an obstacle.

I agree with you @tiamama

Guest butterball

Interesting to see the sentence “you can have her” sparked so many comments.

For me it serves eloquently to depict the depth of Tan’s darkness at this stage (giving up on life basically). It is a stark contrast to the way Tan has been treating ES (he is one sweet boy when it comes to love).

Having said that, KT deserves another punch from YD for falling so deep into himself like that. Sigh.  

Have you guys really experienced being drunk? As in having no memory of what you have said the day after - hang over period. . ? I for one tried it not once but several times. I am constantly emotional and honest during these times. Even the way I talk is different. Those who say that the line "YOU CAN HAVE HER" is so chauvinist then try empathise with KTs present state of mind - helpless, alone , charmed by love, feeling loser, and Very very DRUNK! Try it with a friend in tow like YD who happens to be your best comrade - dependable, knight in shining armour, and insanely smitten by the girl you love. I just can't understand the way other post here..full of angst and biases. Point taken .I just dunno what is the purpose. :-?? :-?? :-?