[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Guest potterky

I'm literally camping at soompi, frequently raping the refresh button after episode 16. God, the anticipation

Thanks all for the bts.

I was also guessing that based on LMH's pics, it COULD be a time jump. Well, guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow..

if those filming pics are recent... Tan doesn't look much different.... in my opinion I think they are still in the present... but I am curious to what they are going to do with Eun Sang in a time jump rather than Tan because Tan is always going to be Hot and be who he is but I think they will both change personality wise
Possibilities:-Tan will be scarred from what happened and hate Eun Sang.
-Engagement with Rachel goes back on and they get married.
-Eun Sang stops the wedding
-Eun Sang comes back to learn all of that
-Gets a backbone and tries to win Tan back
-She stalks him and does "more" to him but he refuses to be hurt again
-Dad confronts Eun Sang on why she is back in Koreaand she will (I hope) say "I love Kim Tan with all my heart, I left on my own will as I loved him with all of my heart; I tried to stay hidden to protect him but I have realized that... IF I AM AWAY FROM TAN I CANNOT PROTECT HIM, I HAVE COME HOME TO PROTECT HIM AND TO SHOW HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM I WILL NOT HURT HIM ANYMORE I WILL NOT LET YOU HURT TAN Chairman Kim!!" 

prosperity said: Guys remember when ES came home and went to her room, and her mom asked if Chairman Kim had called for her, and that she thought that he had paid off all their debts? Remember ES telling her that she had something to tell her, but that it might sound weird or something like that? They never showed us what she actually told her mom. I think this will be important in revealing what ES did and where she went with her mom.

pinkytooth said:

After re-watching epi 16, a question popped up in my mind.

The question is what exactly happened to ES? What ES think that make her leave Tan?

Unlike Tan who always speak up what he has in mind, ES keep everything in her heart. We can not get ES thought easily. Everything hidden inside her mind. Even almost 70% of her expressions in epi 16 was forced. Not coming from her heart..

So, I’m replaying some scenes and try to figure out what she has in mind.

Scene where Tan’s dad called ES into his room still blur and incomplete.

The conversation (monologue from Tan’s dad) that has been revealed :

“ If you break up with Tan immediately, I will let you go wherever you want. To any province, America, England, France. Wherever you want.

But if you think you can’t break up with him even if you die, then there is another choice you have.  I will give you 15 days. During this time, you can meet Tan as much as you want. But when you break up with him after the 15 days, you will go where I want you to go. It won't be in Korea. Nor will it be in the US, England, or France. It will be different from those places.

You can pick whichever of the two you would like. But sure thing is that this ticket is the only thing that will let you go up the stairs to the second floor to Tan who is locked up in that room.”

ES ticket destination was Buenos Aires, Argentina. She might be answered the second choice. Not break with him in 15 days but get exiled wherever Tan’s dad want (except Korea, US, England, France)

But, wait! It hasn’t take 15 days for her to go. She only stay for 2 days and nights before leaving Tan.

So, her leaving might be not related with Tan’s dad options. The possibilities that I can think of are..

1. ES doesn’t want to follow Tan’s dad decision. She might be poor but she has pride.  She leave by her own will wherever and whenever she want to go.
  2. Tan’s dad quicken her leaving because Tan’s rebelious actions got into his nerves and make him forcefully kicked ES and her mom out of the country wherever he want.

However, I can not be sure with ES answer because the fact is ES answer has not been revealed. One thing for sure ES answer made Tan’s dad furious. Because he yelled at ES like this (as the flashback sound when ES looking at the couple shoes infront of the shop) :

“ It was my mistake thinking a smart girl like you would realize. I forgot once again that the ones that grew up with nothing have no decency. How could an 18 year old's love be this fearless and shameless?!

Because of you, Tan lost Rachel, his family, and became a laughing stock to the world. How far do you plan on ruining Tan?”

From her expression when recalling that statement, I can see she really think about what Tan’s dad words. Some senses in her telling her that Tan’s dad is right. She is ruining Tan’s life and future.

She also in deep thought when RH read her essay infront of the class.

“Daisy is Gatsby's green light. While looking at the green light, shining through the fog, that he can't touch, Gatsby puts his hope in his life, but Daisy was not the hope for Gatsby, she was poison. In the end, Gatsby starts loving Daisy and in order to be with the one he loves, he lost his own life.”

RH intentionally trying to hit ES and Tan with her task. And unknowingly strike two girls. Both ES and HJ seems arrowed by her essay.

I think at that moment ES also agree. She is the poison for Tan life.

Thinking the way ES might thinking.. She is poisoning and ruining Tan’s life.

Every aggressive steps Tan’s take to make her stay (asked YD escourting her when he’s not around, took her passport away, gave her an apartment) might be convincing her more that Tan ruined because of her. She just fake up her expressions to calm him down.

If ES really think that way it is make sense she’s leaving by her own will. The reason is simple to prevent Tan from damaging himself further. She knows for sure Tan’s dad is able to torture Tan more further and Tan can do nothing about it.

But the possibility of Tan’s dad forced her to go as soon as he wants is still  valid. This is Tan and Tan’s dad conversantion after the shareholder meeting :

Tan : What did you do to hyung?

Tan’s dad : I just gave him a slight humiliation. Not just your older brother, I did that to you as well.

Tan : What are you saying?

Tan’s dad : I am talking about Eunsang, the girl who you hid. She left Korea an hour ago. Don't forget about today. Because of the sword that you wielded, you lost that kid today.

ES understands Tan. She knows Tan powerless. He has gut but no gun.

What Tan actually has to win against his dad? Shares? Money? None of them belong to him. His dad can take it any minute.

ES loves Tan. Tan want to protect him in any way he can because he loves him. So do ES.

ES to Tan in episode 13 : “I just don’t get your world of corporater and stock shares. Is there really no way for me to protect you?”

The only way she can think to protect him is not staying, but leaving.

I’m hooked up by KW soft expression to Tan after the shareholder meeting.

KW : Don't feel secure. That girl that you're hiding, how long do you think it'll take before Father finds her?

Tan : I know. I'm sure he will find her very soon. but I don't care. I'm just trying to show him. The past 18 years, I loved Father and you to death, but that love has ended. And the only thing that's left to me is that one girl. So that's why no matter who I am, what I was born with, whatever my age is, I don't care about those things. I will use everything I have to protect that girl. So it's a warning to never put you hands on her.

KW soft expression actually not a touched feeling for Tan’s braveness. KW is actually worry for him and ES.

Tan knows his dad will find ES. But he don’t care. He just trying to show him. He don’t care about his illegitimate status, his age but he will use everything he has to protect ES.

Man, Tan seems so thoughtless. He just want to  challenge his dad in a war when he actually has nothing to win the war (he is young, his illegitimate status clearly harm him, his shares and money actually belong to his dad).

KW indeed smarter than Tan . He is being indifferent to HJ and refuse to fight face to face with his dad for HJ is his way to protect HJ.

KW knows being frontal seeing her fighting for her only harm her more and more.

The facts that KW silently shut down the article for HJ, keep calling HJ and decided to see HJ at his weakest point showing us that he is truly loves HJ.

He just protecting HJ in different way with Tan.

Heirs has many hidden meanings... We can’t see some of it clearly, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

Just a very subjective random deep thought of mine and sorry for the long post.  

:)>-

Guest almontel

'Heirs' in talks to air in 13 countries

credit: allkpop

'Heirs' is in talks to air on local networks and be distributed in 13 countries!

The drama's production company stated, "We are currently in the final stages of selling publication rights in Japan and other parts of Asia, Europe, the Americas, and more of a total of 13 countries... [Heirs] has a hot response both domestically and internationally."

'Heirs' has been the talk of the town in the K-pop scene with its writer from 'Secret Garden', 'Gentlemen's Class', and more, as well as the eye candy of its star-studded cast.

I wonder if any of the casts will go to Japan or other countries to promote it or be asked to come as part of the 'package deal'? i wouldn't mind seeing LMH/PSH and KWB or even CJH to go....wouldn't that be awesome?
I'm also super jealous that Reply 1994 gets a ONE EPISOdE Extension...so why not Heirs??? why??? why??? why???