[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Finally the much hyped about drama has aired!Episode 1 was filled with lots of pretty scenery and on par acting. I think that episode 1 & 2 will essentially provide us with the backdrop of the story and after that I hope they flesh out the characters and strengthen the plot.Lee Min Ho my darling, he tried but his english was so cringe worthy. I cannot wait for Eun Sang & Kim Tan to get back into Korea!

So far so good but yeah the writer will have to do a better job at dealing with all the characters and different stories or it could get messy. I hope the ratings will pick up too, this writer never get bad ratings so for her this is not really usual to have such numbers. To be honest though, the best part of this show so far is Woo Bin. He has amazing screen presence, he almost steal every scene he's in and he has charisma and plays the bad boy well. I want him to play the lead on another drama right now and for him to play out that current evil stepbrother story with a better female lead. Such story is awesome, kinda like the Taiwan drama Devil Beside you, a drama  that i really loved and i feel like a Korean version is overdue. 

Guest severus

Why all the Engrish? And that overly enthusiastic white guy...is that how Korean producers think Americans act? This should be a thing in Korean dramas from now on, just for sh*ts and giggles.

Guest mystisith

When things are disappointing (relatively), I like to find the cause of the problem. Episode 1 was the weakest pilote of a KES drama I ever watched and I blame the Producer and Director for that. What with the surfing scene shown twice cause not enough footage? 1 month in Cali & he couldn't get that right? The scene at the cafe on the beach (Mango 6 Gangnam...): No time either? The actors are badly directed (if you're good, well for you. If not...) And that guy criticizes the writer's script because the dialogue is too complicated for the actors????  :-??http://www.hancinema.net/famed-scriptwriter-revels-in-cliche-61372.html  (See the end of the interview).
Can I have the name of the actors who complained, by the way? Cause I never heard anyone having a problem with that until now. (A few funny NGs at worst).  I hope episode 2 will be up to the standards of a Kim Eun Sook drama or I will personally ask for that incompetent guy to be replaced. [-X

It is just the first episode so why are some people acting like those are the final ratings? IHYV rating for the pilot were lower than 11% and I even remember back then people going "oh I knew this would be a flop" then who's laughing now? Usually a clear pattern is established by episode 4. I honestly expected to start lower than this since it is still mostly centered in a high school setting whether it's overhyped or who the writer is. Not saying all high school dramas have bad ratings though cause they don't.

I finished watching the subbed version a few hours ago and I've got to say, it is much better when you can actually understand what they're saying :)) I absolutely fell in love with the first episode and I can't wait for the next episode! The previews seem so good! The almond farm scene is the most anticipated scene for me. I feel like it will trigger all of my emotions. Anyhow, take note of almond, oh, and the dream catcher. Knowing it's writer kim, these two things are probably very significant. :-bd

Btw, I really like Kim Tan and CES's relationship. ;))