[Drama 2013] Shark 상어 | Don't Look Back : The Legend of Orpheus

Guest yeohweping

Finally watched the ending and this show was a waste of my time. Unless KNG ever join a rom com, I don't plan to watch his dramas ever again cause he seems to love playing dead lead which makes the show oh so predictable. I'm all set. And my girl Son Ye Jin just need to pick better project next time. I waited all this time for her to come back in dramaland for this crap? Ugh

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to go on a rant about all the things wrong about this drama but I'll just leave it at this: Biggest waste of talent I have seen in a while in a kdrama. How bad of a writer/director can you be to have freakin' Son Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil as a leading couple and still manage to botch things up? Well we can only hope this whole revenge series is finished and the stations get the message the viewers are sending by the low ratings the series had (for once the Korean public had the same idea as me :))  ).

IMO, the ending that justified the drama are either they make yi soo die... Or went to jail for quite long... He has bring so many cause, tragedy and breaking the law for his revenge....

And in the end, The writers choose to make him die... I'm satisfied.

I. can't expected him to had a happy ending... Because this is revenge dramaa.. And this kind of genre often end up with sad or open ending... I actually love the idea he donate his liver to his sister... So he will continue living inside her sister's body despite he is already no longer in this world. My only complaint is the flow of the story going nowhere and they only tied the loose end after epi 16. They spent too much time for useless char it just feels anti climax. And I'm still not feeling sympathy towards the villain... which makes me sad and angry... Granpo jo is still alive

Guest hstar16

chrissydiva said: Finally watched the ending and this show was a waste of my time. Unless KNG ever join a rom com, I don't plan to watch his dramas ever again cause he seems to love playing dead lead which makes the show oh so predictable. I'm all set. And my girl Son Ye Jin just need to pick better project next time. I waited all this time for her to come back in dramaland for this crap? Ugh

I also didn't like the ending, it was pretty sad and it was as if the bad ones won the battle. Even if a few of them died and Grandpa Jo was in jail, he was still smiling at the end. 
When Yi Soo got shot then he was at the hospital and Hae Woo said that it was a miracle that he survived, I became so relieved. Like YES, finally a drama where he doesn't die in the end!...then, dreams crushed. He still had to die to give his liver to his sister. I don't know but, don't you think the people around him would have acted more shocked and sad that he was going to give away his life for his sister?...Didn't Hae Woo know before he got shot? even the Ahjussi, all he could say was thanks. No shocked or anything that he will end his life so young to give away his liver. Cause obviously someone can't live without their liver, you only have one. 
I think the drama was very dull many times. Things that were supposed to be a huge shock or get a huge reaction, it wasn't much. Especially Hae Woo, it was annoying that all the time she just had this expression that she's holding a lot of stuff inside, that she's emotionally and physically drained. But she just remained that way until the end. Never did she really let it out, get more character, anything. Just very dull. Same thing with Yi Soo, he also was a character that always looked like he was suffering so much inside, but kept it in. Like none of them really had a moment were they burst out and let it all out in an extreme way. Maybe Yi Soo a bit, but not much.
Ok I'm rambling too much. My conclusion: I give this drama a 6 out of 10. I think KNG previous revenge drama (Bad Guy) was better than this one, even if the end was also bad.
I'm looking forward to that Pirate movie, although pirates are not my thing.

Admittedly I did not like YS to die, but after watching the sub of ep 20, his death was inevitable. When he spoke to Detective B, regarding the liver transplant for his sister, he told him that the death of Jang was his doing and that SH is not involved. That implied that if he didn't die he would have to be tried for killing the first detective to die, that is Jang mun Cheol. So his death saved him the prison sentence, and also broke the triangle of love. So now JY and HW can move on. In ep 19, JY had confessed to HW that he would protect her and love her no matter who she holds dearly in her heart. She said that she did not deserve his loyalty, but he kept saying that is a type of love too, that it does not changed whatever circumstances and that he would not let her go.... Implying that he will support her love her despite the infidelity. So as some people expected a fall out in their marriage, rest assured there will not be a divorce. In fact they need each other more now that their family has the shame to deal with... Many groaned of the sad ending, but since he live after the accident to seek revenge for his father's death, his demise was in the pipeline....to catch prominent figure whose got his dirty hands in almost very aspects of the ruling class, invites bullets in one form or another. To me the saddest person would be his sister. She spent a short time with him, and then found out that his liver is the one that kept her alive. Bet she would prefer him alive than.. His liver... By the lake, Young HW ask him what his favorite animal... He said shark... So his fascination with Shark when they were young is so apt, cos he did live his later part in life as a shark... Moving and planning for his kills... Then as he paused, he died. So when HW sent him off as a wooden shark she made for him, this one with a blubber to enable the shark to breathe was so poignant.... Like saying you can now have peace since you can breathe......

@chrissydiva Ah, I thought it was the whole liver. Idk, I don't know how transplants work.
But then, that would mean that there is a chance that YS lived after the transplant surgery, but probably be brain dead. The thing is that the shoot was not in his head, and he even could talk after being shot which was really surprising, so idk.
Either way I guess it was better for him to die, because if he lived, then he would go to jail and he would probably still not be able to stay with HW, cause I doubt he would want her to divorce and be with him, cause JY is still his friend. So yeah, even if he lived he probably would have a very sad life. Oh wells.

Guest rintintintin

Well, I meet with my 2 law friends who studied in Law school today. One of my law friend had already watch ep. 20 yesterday and she asked me this: "Now what will i do after this??? Back to my test again??? Gee, I can't believe that it's over since we're talking this drama during free time huhuhu!"
But she told me this: "If I'm Han Yi soo, I will meet HW outside the hospital and I will tell her that I love her." She said that how come that he went to the park to see her and that freaking police was there and he shot YS's neck??? That's my friend's opinion then... And she didn't cry when she saw that scene but she told me that "That's Kim Nam gil's trademark and no one can replace him." :P
And one of my law friend who's a guy, he can't imagine that Grandpa Jo had a last laugh in the end. :-q And for him, this is the revenge drama that he saw after watching The Equator Man and he keeps saying that KNG did a fabulous job portraying the role of Han Yi soo. :) And for my 2 law friends, they said  the ending is a kinda bit of disappointing but they wish that there's a part 2 of this drama, but it's impossible for this but how i wish hahaha! 
But my 2 law friends, they thank me because they watch this drama and they told me that: "I wish that Kim Nam gil will played a priest when he had a drama soon!" How crazy are my friends are hahaha!

Guest so2so2

3 days have passed but still don't believe this drama has already ended :D
vttr11 said: I have 1 more question.. I didn't hear YS says "I love you" to HW... Did I miss it?

Hmm...still annoyed at how this drama ended.

The last episode was horrible. I don't think it's the writer's fault. I'll blame the DIRECTOR for it. Many scenes are not done properly.

YS was shot at the back, I guess, above his shoulder, maybe neck/ head.They should hv placed YS in an intensive care unit before surgery instead of normal unit, then I'll say he was critically ill and died after donating part of his liver.

& I also wanted to comment on HW's style of clothing as a prosecutor. The stylist got HW's clothing totally wrong. Short skirts and pants at work?

I love SYJ but this HW's character is too miserable for me to like.

the ending really dissapointing.. hahaha
but i really likes yisoo character but i think the best character is Joonyoung oppa...
>:D<

Hi All:From the comments, I am wondering whether I should continue watching this drama.  So far I like it - I just watched episode 10 in KBS worldAny suggestions?Thank you

Guest nel84

goan said: Hi All:From the comments, I am wondering whether I should continue watching this drama.  So far I like it - I just watched episode 10 in KBS worldAny suggestions?Thank you

Guest NEWMARIO

KOREA class="beta mtn" style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; font-size: 20px; vertical-align: baseline; font-weight: 500; line-height: normal; font-style: normal; color: rgb(77, 77, 77); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', 'Lucida Grande', Helvetica, Arial, 'Liberation Sans', Freesans, sans-serif; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(251, 251, 251); "'Shark' Finale: Will Yi Soo Finish His Revenge?

http://www.viki.com/videos/1007836v-shark-finale-will-yi-soo-finish-his-revenge

cr: viki.com

Archived