[Drama 2013] Shark 상어 | Don't Look Back : The Legend of Orpheus

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Nam Gil and Son Ye Jin

The menacing moody melodrama "Shark" has ended and if you have not seen the last episode-spoiler alert-you may want to skip this story until you do.

Viewers suspected that the show could not end well. Revenge dramas rarely do. And since the show's alternate title "Don't Look Back" indicates that it's based at least partly on the Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice, viewers may have guessed that Yi Soo and Hae Woo could not end up together.

In that story, Orpheus is responsible for sending Eurydice to the hellish underworld. He begs the gods to let him rescue her and bring her back to life. They say yes on one condition. He can lead her out but he must never look back. But Orpheus cannot resist looking back and he loses her.

Like Us on Facebook

In "Shark," it would seem that the minute Yi Soo stopped focusing on revenge and looked back at Hae Woo, remembering how much he loved her, he let down his guard and made himself vulnerable. The ending implied that Yi Soo died and that Hae Woo was so heartbroken she considered ending her own life. Sad, but that's how revenge stories tend to go.

However, fans who enjoyed seeing Son Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil act together may be pleased to learn the two will now take their chemistry to the big screen in more lighthearted fare. The film "Pirates" will be lighthearted pirate fun but not quite "Pirates of the Caribbean" because in an interesting role reversal, Son Ye Jin will be the pirate and Kim Nam Gil will be a thief who operates on dry land.

In the film Son Ye Jin and other Joseon-era pirates will hunt for a ghost whale that is filled with treasure because he swallowed a ship. Kim Nam Gil's character teams up with Son Ye Jin's character to hunt the whale and in the process they must fight off other pirates.

Fans of the onscreen couple hope they will grow closer in the process of fighting whales and pirates and ultimately wind up together. It wouldn't be the first time that an onscreen couple got a second chance at romance. Park Shin Hye and Jung Yong Hwa did not wind up together in "You're Beautiful," so they had a second chance at a successful relationship in "Heartstrings."

Filming for "Pirates" begins this month.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/10082/20130801/shark-ended-son-ye-jin-kim-nam-gil-chemistry.htm

I finished watching the finale last nite till 2am, this is one good kdrama i've watched that holds you every episodes like The king 2 hearts. I've seen Son Ye Jin in some dramas and i considered her one of the good actress in Korea. And Kim Nam Gil was added on my lists of favorites in terms of acting ability and good looks. Plus the chemistry of these two and all the casts , the storyline makes this drama one of the BEST  for me! I'll be waiting for the movie' Pirates'. I am cheering for this two for their second teamup . Hopefully, in real life too coz they look good together. What I know they"re both single?

Aurora, Lyra_brillantez, Nel. Lindy

Thanks for your feedback.  Since I have only 6 episodes to go, I will therefore complete watching the drama.  Based on the comments I have read so far, I believe the ending is fine since YS should not take things into his own hands.  He has sunk as low as his enemies and he should pay the price.  What I may feel cheated is YS giving his liver to his sister.  I don’t see the point of adding this piece – to soften YS character?  I may be wrong, so I have to see what the remaining episodes are all about. 

Thanks again

Guest jjsweeter0211

• Lee Honey on wrap-up interview "I hope this project moved viewers."

• [2013-08-05]

• 1802_4824_l.PEG

Lee Honey shares her thoughts on the wrap-up of  "Don't Look Back : The Legend of Orpheus".KBS 2TV Mon/Tues drama "Don't Look Back : The Legend of Orpheus" aired its 20th and final episode on July 30th.We turned to the cast to hear their thoughts on the wrap-up of the drama they devoted their time to. And on July 31st, Lee Honey posted a clip of her interview on her SNS. Lee was praised for her amazing performance as a mysterious character who appears to be either Lee Jae-goo's ally or Kim Nam-gil's foe.Her character Jang Young-hui was quite the scene stealer. Lee said "Thank you so much to our viewers for staying with us, as for the cast and crew including our director and writer, they made it all possible. I hope this project will be remembered and loved by viewers for a long time." She added "The 3 months simply flew by. We worked hard and there were hard times, but thanks to the love and attention of our viewers, we were energized and motivated enough to keep going strong. I would like to once again express my sincerest gratitude to all the fans of "Don't Look Back : The Legend of Orpheus."

http://english.kbs.co.kr/hallyu/gallery_view.html?No=1802

I waited until the whole episodes subbed. Watched this .. marathon .. on my lazy Sunday, from the sun rise on Sunday until 4am on Monday. For me, this is a good drama. From the beginning I already anticipated a sad ending.  The synopsis has pointed that this drama is about tragic life of two people, and I took risk to watch it. But still I felt sad watching the ending. I wish the writer would lessen the pitiful life of HYS. This time they did it too much (I can't imagine the little sister wakes up from the surgery and finds that her brother has gone for real this time. :(). And when it comes to love triangle, the writer has to get rid of one of the competitors. Though they didn't show a lot of romance between the OTP (HYS-Pro.Jo look so good together! and SYJ is an actress who can act well when it comes to romantic scenes), I don't regret spending my Sunday-dawn of Monday watching Shark. 

Guest vttr11

aurora09 said:

has anyone watched 'no regret' movie??you'll gonna be surprise

Yes, No regret is a great movie. The subject is sensitive but it is a film that should be seen by everyone. From my point of view is one of the best Korean films (not exaggerating). This movie can open your mind, eyes and soul ... I am a married woman with a solid career, I have a boy, living in a democratic society, I have read thousands of books, I have seen thousands of films ... and I say loud and clear: No regret is one of the best movies I've seen in my life!

I heard a lot of positive comments about this movie so i was curious and decided to give it a try. The good thing is KNG didn't die in "no regret"... Is this the only happy ending movie he was in? The story is very touching. It shows a different side of KNG. I almost fell out of my bed couple of times when watching this movie :D

Guest rintintintin

Hi again! For those who watch ep. 14 the scene that YS gave the pair of shoes to his sister YH. :) I'm want to tell a story about that shoes....

I was in the mall yesterday after my interview in a Chinese restaurant, I saw the Le Bunny Bleu store there and to check the shoes that YH has. Then I ask the saleslady if they have that kind of shoes there, Then the saleslady told me that  the shoes was their best seller and gosh many of their customers buy that shoes and I'm envy on what the saleslady said. It's too expensive but accdg. to them, it's very comfy on your feet hihihi! But I'm planning to buy that shoes by next month hahaha! Wishing on that too.

:P

Guest united06

Episode 20 [END] ~

image-5E5A_51FE52C7.jpg

image-DAFA_51FE52C7.jpg

image-B0B0_51FE52C7.jpg

image-F840_51FE52C7.jpg

image-DB5E_51FE5353.jpg

image-5349_51FE5353.jpg

CREDIT: DarkSmurfSub GFX team

English subtitles are now available at DarkSmurfSubs~! ♥

Shark English Subtitles is a Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7163-shark-2013/
Please visit the link above for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Archived