[Drama 2013] Shark 상어 | Don't Look Back : The Legend of Orpheus

Guest yeohweping

Because I said that last kiss was embarrassing I was severely scolded by HW fans. So I owe you an explanation.
A brain dead person can not sustain vital functions. The person is intubated and connected to an artificial lung.
Instead, our YS just lying and quiet like "Sleeping Beauty" waiting to be kissed. Embarrassing, right?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really thankful for Shark.

I liked Kim Nam Gil before but I only become his fan when I watched Shark - I followed it at first because I have been a fan of Son Ye Jin for years. And he is amazing.

Just listened to his OST, the new Roman single and clips from his Japan tour: he isn't a technically note-perfect singer but he sings with so much passion and confidence.

Not all plots in Shark are perfect - for example there are characters that can be developed further. But overall, I love the acting, the script and its shark idea. The grandfather still lives on, even in jail, but then in life, justice can't win completely in all cases - there's some realistic touch to it.

I was dissapointed with the ending at first, though I kinda expected YS to die - just not in that manner. Even if YS must die, I want a more convincing plot. But then, as I said ealier, I choose to think of Shark's ending as when YS smiled seeing HW from afar in the park. That's the ending I stick with in my mind and I am fine with that. That's what I will remember of Shark :\">

So again, I am thankful of the drama, which has entertained me greatly right from the start. I laughed with it, cried with it and jumped with joyed with it too. And it turns me into a Kim Nam Gil fan.

Thank you everyone for the discussion. A lot of us were silent readers at first but as the plot thickened, we joined to contribute our opinions even though they are not always the same: We have different points of view, different biased character/actor/actress.

I am saying goodbye to Shark with a light heart and the image of YS smiling at HW in my head.

Rating isn't high and the plot isn't as perfect as in "Alone in love" but I do hope that Shark will be recognized in awards. It's not everyone's favourite but it's a quality drama. I wish to join you guys again in case Shark is nominated for any award and would be great if it wins in any category.

I love both SYJ and KNJ so I will closely keep track of their upcoming pirate movie. Hope to see you guys at that movie thread too :)

I still didn't watch episode 19 and 20, but I'm still lurking around and saw something that made me sad, yesterday it was " current drama 2013 " and now it's just " drama 2013 ", it's really over. Thank you guys for all the good time I spent here with you, I hope to meet you again on another SYJ or KNG drama, but for now let's all wait their new movie, and hope that KNG survives this time.

I think it was not a friendship love. Hw really loves Ys and the same did him. Don't forget the way she acted everytime she was in front of his door. She wanted to see him always outside, because she can loose her mind near him, like always he did in front of him. That was love and also passion, the tension between them is touchable. She doesn't love his husband, but I think that stay together is up to him. He must decide if he wants to live his life with a woman that always will love the same man!

Guest rntheatre

I seriously don't get it.... why Kim Nam Gil always die in the end. The plot is good, I love revenge dramas, characters have amazing acting and I so love Son Ye Jin but why die Kim Nam Gil.... AGAIN.
Remember BAD MAN? Plot is good. Very nice revenge drama. Dead in the end. I was hoping that he never die, and when he was shot, I was like "WHAT? NOT AGAIN!"
Then he's alive. ALIVE!! There's hope but hell no. HELL NO. He died after the freaking operation. They can just revive him you know, if the writer chose to do so. There's nothing ridiculous with that. It's more ridiculous surviving a hit from a runaway truck inside a telephone booth that is in the MIDDLE of the street.
I was hoping that this would rater better but in the end my verdict:
SHARK = BAD MAN.====== NEUTRAL.
The end Kim Nam Gil. I'm still your fan, but your need to stay alive until the end. And Son Ye Jin, your are just simply adorable, loveable, and stunning. 
It was a good ride but due to the ending, didn't break into my top ten list of most recommended korean dramas. 

Guest nel84

yuhotarubi said: I still didn't watch episode 19 and 20, but I'm still lurking around and saw something that made me sad, yesterday it was " current drama 2013 " and now it's just " drama 2013 ", it's really over. Thank you guys for all the good time I spent here with you, I hope to meet you again on another SYJ or KNG drama, but for now let's all wait their new movie, and hope that KNG survives this time.

Guest jjsweeter0211

Kim Nam-gil and Son Ye-jin's frustrated romance may bloom in a new film

Source | 2013/07/31 |

photo332575.jpg

The recently finished KBS2 TV program "Shark" (screenwritten by Kim Jee-woo, directed by Park Chan-hong) ended on a sad note. However, through the new film "Pirates" (directed by Lee Seok-hoon under Mao Hari Pictures) they may get another chance.

Kim Nam-gil's agency Star J Entertainment told the Star Review "Kim Nam-gil is ready to start filming in August", and "He is ready to work again with Son Ye-jin".

It's been reported that Kim Nam-gil and Son Ye-jin were already preparing for the new busy work schedule as soon as they finished filming the series' final episode. With "Shark" and this new movie filming right after one another it will be an interesting chance to see Kim Nam-gil and Son Ye-jin side by side in different projects.

The movie "Pirates" is set during the Joseon Dynasty as female pirates struggle with bandits to capture a whale. The film has great expectations as it's expected to be the Korean challenge to the "Pirates of the Carribean" franchise. Lotte Entertainment has invested 10 billion won in the film.

As the two lead characters in "Shark" met a tragic fate, it's expected that the "Pirates" film is going to take a more easygoing, light-hearted tone.

Source : reviewstar.hankooki.c... ( English Korean )

Today's Thursday already, more than 30hours  since I watched the final of Shark. My day went as normal yesterday and I watched IHYV and loved every second of it. I am looking forward to today's final episode as well. Yet at the back of my mind, I still think of Shark and how YS died. I expected him to die yes but the way that he died was just too sudden and unexpected, just right after I thought I saw a glimpse of hope coming out from the dark clouds but as soon as he made that phone call to HW I started to fear, and then wham bam and after less than a minute, he's dead. How can I ever recover from this shock? I cried buckets while driving home yesterday and listening to Boa's OST and yes, I wish, how I wish that he didnt really have to die!!!!! :(( :((

Archived