[Drama 2013] Thorn Flower / Spine Flower 가시꽃

mistyrain320

Guest atomickitty

Triton823 said: Im hoping for bloodbath! I don't see any reason for Su Min to forgive unless they pull a glass mask crap and say one of them are sisters and need a freakingvkidney. Will say this that this show don't seem like Yellow Boots or Glass Mask this time but im like gene71632 who knows korean writers are messed up in their sense of revenge.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yukiyoshinori

It's a real revenge drama. In other ones, the 'revenge' part always is a let down or fake.
I like it better than Nice Guy, even tho the director is not that good.
Same goes for Glass Mask and Yellow Boots/Ice Adonis.

I skimmed Thorn Flower (DVR) but looked at the rape and murder of her mom and dad.
I started on Ep14 when she leaves for USA.
Later, She tortures them emotionally or and gets one killed (Ep.27)
Collateral damage on by standers too. I'm only up to 28
I'm watching on TV but I'm DLing them for my USA friends when the subs are done.

The sister of the main rapist married her BF. He thinks she's dead.
Just a tiny knowledge of Korean is needed for this. There maybe other forums discussing this.

To me this show is better than Glass Mask, because this time we have a heroine who is actually killing people!? I find the irony of the dude she killed in ep 27. I agree with atomickitty that Glass Mask had the worse ending EVER! in my opinion. I'm sorry I'd kill my own brother for letting me fall to my death like SY did to YG....just saying.

Again overall I think this show is good, but I'm waiting for the episodes of stupid to arrive where things get totally out of hand or as glass mask did which was have events that were not humanly possible!

@atomickitty. Glass mask just sucked plain and simple. Thorn Flower so far has managed to produce what I'm looking for which was a heroine whose turned Sith and is out exterminating the Jedi as Palpatine had ordered.

Though I am worried in ep 47 Su Min started to act like she has a problem...which indicated we will be going ot the kidney route again! :>(

Guest atomickitty

@yukiyoshinori and @Triton823

OK, will give it a try. Am glad the revenge isn't stupid.
I think I know where to find it from episode 1.

NO MORE KIDNEY!!
I hope they don't do that.

I see that guy from Spring Waltz is in it. I liked him ever since then. Is he good in this? Or is he a bad person?
I guess I should watch and find out

;)

The dude from spring waltz is a good guy. I like his acting too which is one of the reasons i like the show, but cant promise no more kidney problems though. Im thinking it has something to do when she was in the hospital that creepy guy who is cheating with the wife of su min's ex boyfriend who injected her with something but this is wild guess.

Actually, the thought did occur to me that Jennifer has some terminal illness, which she hasn't told anyone about and why she's not too concerned about life after achieving her revenge.

Frankly, the only thing that I insist on happening, in this drama, is that Su Mi's son ends up with his bio father.  The father deserves at least that, for all that was done to him.  :-<

Eun Sook is the son of Se Mi and Je Hoon (Se Mi's ex-boyfriend/Ji Min's current husband). Je Hoon didn't know Se Mi was pregnant before the accident. Se Mi was told that she has a still born daughter by Nam Joon and his aunt. Nam Joon's aunt raised Eun Sook (Se Mi's son) as her own. This is to keep Eun Sook safe and also to put Se Mi's mind at rest to take her revenge.

I read Se Mi is planning to marry Hyuk Min and wonder why she has to marry her near rapist. The thing I don't understand why some viewers want Se Mi to forgive Hyuk Min in the end. What they did to her more so to her parents are unforgivable.

Guest atomickitty

Ok. So what everyone is telling me is I should watch this but be mindful that the main actress might die in the end after she gets her revenge. I know what they say about revenge .. when you start revenge you have to dig two holes. One for the person you want revenge on, and the other one for yourself.

Ok. I think I can do that. I just have to get ready for it!!! I don't know how I feel about her ex boyfriend being married to someone else. It reminds me too much of Yellow Boots. But I guess his reason is better than the guy from Yellow Boots. At least he thinks she's dead. The guy from Yellow Boots just left her in prison.

Ok. I'm going to throw myself in and watch. Be ready to hear a lot of words from me. If I like a drama, I talk too much about it. Just warning you guys in advance.

;)

Guest yukiyoshinori

atomickitty said: Ok. I'm going to throw myself in and watch. Be ready to hear a lot of words from me. If I like a drama, I talk too much about it. Just warning you guys in advance.

;)

Hi everyone! 
I've been watching Thorn flower every since it began. I watch it on Maplestage.com, in chinese sub, in case anyone is interested to know. So far i've been loving it, it's my first korean daily drama in revenge genre, or any genre for that matter. I like the show in that despite it being a revenge drama it isn't all dark and heavy but there are a lot of light hearted moments with the kids, like Jennifer's son (altho she doesn't yet know is her's) and Ji min's daughter and of course Nan Hee and her bf. 
I also really like how all of the cast are really good in their acting. IMO, it isn't a typical drama in that it isn't just one dimensional, I was rather surprised when Jennifer's revenge plans were initially thwarted when Hyuk Min's father wanted to match make her with Prosecutor Bak. And then now, in the recent episode 49 preview it shows Nam Joon telling her to give up revenge since the stress is costing her health and life because her life is more important than revenge... I do wish it were as simple as that because I can see Nam Joon's love for her whenever he looks into her eyes... which began really early on since she returned from US. 
Anyway, Im fairly confident of the show to end reasonably, rather much like A Love to Die for with Rain and Shin min-a, they were seen hugging in the snow, so I reckon we the viewer were to expect they died. Although that was a melodrama and this is a revenge drama, I reckon we can expect Thorn Flower to have a sad ending, most likely with Jennifer, Nam Joon or both dead (and hopefully a handful of our villain-y family). This is because dramas with genres such as these, it wouldn't be logical to have a happy ending but I'd say the journey has been worth while and it's been a juicy revenge drama thus far. 
So for those who are wondering if you should watch this drama, i'd say go for it! But in case it doesn't end as per your satisfaction, don't blame me for it but we can come here and lament. :P
Also, just thinking about Ji Min's family makes my head go big. Firstly her daughter isn't her husband's but her ex. And she's cheating on her husband with Prosecutor Bak. I feel bad for current husband who married her thinking she got her pregnant. And he cares, loves and raised a daughter that's not his and is made a cuckold when she cheats on him with another. PLUS he knew she cheated on him and didn't throw a temper? That was quite weird. Wonder if the writer will use that incident as a plot device because his character seemed like he was going to aid Jennifer in her revenge but somewhere in between he changed his mind about it. I still hope he will help Jennifer and Nam Joon's family to wreck revenge on the villain family tho! :P

Guest atomickitty

hi @ena_teo
I can't wait to watch this. I have it planned for the weekend. Like you said. I will keep in mind that it's revenge drama, a real revenge drama, and people I like might die in the end. OK. I can do that...

@atomickitty let me know what you think after watching! :) I didn't know how long the drama would take, but I just checked and KoreanDrama.org reports 120 episodes, to be confirmed... Gasp! lol... So effectively we're past the 1/3 mark and after this week, we still have 70 episodes which is about another 3.5 months? Long way to go! :P

Guest atomickitty

@yukiyoshinori, @Triton823, @ena_teo

So, I just finished watching episode 7.
I can't. Words.. Can. not .Happen..From My. I.. Can't.. I am speechless. I have never seen a drama where people deserved revenge as much as this one.

Normally in revenge drama, it's just three people you have to get revenge against.

Person #1: The evil person who hurt you.. they either pushed you off a cliff or set you up to go to jail or stole your kidney and left you in a coma.

Person #2: A relative of the evil person that hurt you. A mother, father, sister. Whichever. The find out what happened and they try to hide it for their child, sibling by doing more evil stuff to you.

Person #3: The accomplice. This is the person that knows what the evil person did but is keeping their mouth shut because the evil person is paying them. They always come back for more money and will help the evil person out later so the truth doesn't come out.

With Thorn Flower, I don't even know where it ends... I started counting how many people she needs to get revenge from and I didn't have any fingers left to help me count. I am liking what everyone is saying that the revenge is real. Because, if she allows any of them to get away with it, I will be really upset.

Alright, I'm going to go watch some more. After all the bad things that just happened, I need to watch more episodes until I see her START the revenge part. Then I think the anger I feel in my chest, about all the things that happened to her and her family, will come down...

:-<

This show is so addicting, the first episode hooked me in. I really do hope it doesn't end up like Glass Mask (which I never finished because ppl kept saying how horrible it was), but knowing korean dramas it's all about forgiveness =_=

Mvibo subs are so slow, I think they're only up to episode 15...and I don't wanna wait that long for subs. TT_TT

Archived