[Drama 2013] Thorn Flower / Spine Flower 가시꽃

mistyrain320

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yukiyoshinori

Love this even tho it doesn't have 'A' list actors and PD the story is Much more satisfying than any other 'revenge' drama I've see, even Nice Guy/Innocent Man revenge was not as enjoyable as this one.

Also, currently watching
Nine: 9 TTT
The End of The World

FWIW: New virus H7N9 or son of H5N1. Both are bird flu

Guest yukiyoshinori

For a 'revenge' drama, yes. BUT the revenge starts at ep14.
I like it better than "Nice Guy" As someone pointed out, the double meaning and 'revenge' dialogue that is really good.

~ yuki
laquetahodge said: I wanted to watch this drama when I first read about it. Is it any good?

Below is the Baidu Forum thread on this drama. There are people summarizing each episodes if you want to cut and paste and translate them using google translate. You may roughly get an idea of each episode. This is quite a popular revenge drama at Baidu Forum.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?ie=utf-8&kw=%E8%8D%86%E6%A3%98%E8%8A%B1

Guest yukiyoshinori

Saw Ep 24 on TV last night. I loved the part that showed the cost of her revenge and the collateral damage done to the by standers and loved one.
The last daily I loved this much was Park Jung Ah's Sewa in "Smile Donghae". She had me hooked for 100+ episodes!

~ yuki

Guest yukiyoshinori

It's time for me to memorize the writer's name: Lee Hong Koo
I know Jang Shin Young (Se Mi/Jennifer) acting can be amazing,
when given a decent script.

~ yuki

Guest yukiyoshinori

Just watched Ep 26 on TV. Jang Shin Young acting was great.
I have see ep 27 right away, can't wait

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i marathoned this show to get an idea as to what is happening....other than the guy helping her it seems the dooshbag of ex boyfriend has somewhat of a heart. Looking forward to him getting what he deserves. As for the rest let them burn in hell. I do like the synopsis that it calls her killer rather than the traditional kdrama heroine.

Triton823 said: Ok so i marathoned this show to get an idea as to what is happening....other than the guy helping her it seems the dooshbag of ex boyfriend has somewhat of a heart. Looking forward to him getting what he deserves. As for the rest let them burn in hell. I do like the synopsis that it calls her killer rather than the traditional kdrama heroine.

Im hoping for bloodbath! I don't see any reason for Su Min to forgive unless they pull a glass mask crap and say one of them are sisters and need a freakingvkidney. Will say this that this show don't seem like Yellow Boots or Glass Mask this time but im like gene71632 who knows korean writers are messed up in their sense of revenge.

Guest yukiyoshinori

@Auntie Mame
@Trition823

I have to agree with Auntie M, Koreans see rapist as normal nice guy who drank a little and the victim was attractive and well dressed.
Example it the ABC TV woman who went to the police to report a date rape, few months ago. The police laughed her out of the station. She of course reported it on ABC TV and web.
BUT I'm hoping for justice to be done.

FYI EWAH alumni magazine had an article on how the girls were protected. They are given whistles and are taught not to resist because if she succeeds, she will serve 8 or more years  for assault.
It really happened.

Guest yukiyoshinori

My local station is showing 1 episode a week  :(
Time to start watching my torrent DLs.
While checking the resolution of Ep 42, I accidently saw SeMi getting her revenge.
Love it! This drama, is a revenge drama that IS a revenge drama.

I watched ep 48...can someone who can understand the language what is happening to Su min? It's too early to do the dreaded pending kidney transfer garbarge which is the favorite of korean dramas...afterall everybody gets one these days!? lol

Archived