Kim Woo Bin 김우빈 I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Everything Will Come True

heartkwbheart

*** I'm very happy for Kim Woo Bin who bravely fight cancer and win. I was very shocked before by announcing his hiatus some years ago due to a diagnosis of nasopharyngeal cancer. After undergoing chemotherapy and sessions of radiation therapy, he resumed his activities in approximately 2 years and 6 months later. Kim Woo-bin recently appeared on the TVN variety show ‘You Quiz on the Block,’ recalling his time during his illness. He said, “Because it was related to my life, I was very scared and fearful. When I was sick, I received so many prayers. Thanks to that, I believe I recovered faster. So, with the hope that the support and prayers I received will be passed on to others, for the past four years, I’ve been closing my eyes and praying every night before going to sleep.”  :weary:  :tears:

• Love 1

*** Director Jo Ui Seok has shared his thoughts on Kim Woo Bin’s performance in "Black Knight." He praised, “Kim Woo Bin is an exceptional actor with a great physique. After his recovery from illness, he returned with deeper eyes and a stronger voice. He fit the character 5-8 perfectly.” They previously collaborated with on the film "Master". He shared, “Kim Woo Bin fortunately recovered from his illness. In the midst of contemplating which project to pursue, I proposed that he take part in this. Initially, I thought it might be challenging as his physical strength hadn’t fully returned. But he insisted on performing most of his action scenes without a stunt double unless it was too intense. He managed to pull most of the sequences himself. After reading the script, Kim Woo Bin’s first words were, ‘I wanted to work with you again. He worked with confidence and passion.” In the series, Kim Woo Bin’s character 5-8 is seen smoking a few times, which were created using computer graphics. Addressing this, Director Jo explained, “In the original work, the character is a heavy smoker. After much deliberation (since Kim Woo Bin was sick), we decided to create those scenes with 100% CGI, thanks to our CGI team.”   :sweet:

20230515120506186qvuk.jpg

20230515120506601omuh.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230515120503656

*** "Black Knight" is now the 2nd most popular show on Netflix Worldwide based on the data from FlixPatrol. The drama has soared into popularity as soon as it was released on Netflix last May 12th. The drama is available for worldwide viewers on Netflix (Note: The drama is yet to be available for a number of countries). The drama started climbing the Netflix chart on different countries from last May 13.   :twerk2:

black-knight-netflix-worldwide-cover.jpg

black-knight-flixpatrol-051523.png

*** So NICE to see that Netflix responds right away when “Black Knight” is hit with plagiarism allegations. The drama was alleged to have plagiarized a video game, Death Stranding, which was released in 2019. It follows the main character as he delivers supplies in a similarly apocalyptic United States of America. Some netizens reportedly felt the premise of the series was too similar to the video game.   :heart3:

SU_IgHkxO3uKqsBoJMf0nGVfBsuM54zF7f78DNph

rqj7FjqWzjnXyFR3DN2yl0oM1gPlNJs3oUGpngTI

photo source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/853721

“Black Knight” Responds To Plagiarism Allegations

“Black Knight” Responds To Plagiarism Allegations

The producers of Netflix’s new original series “Black Knight” have responded to allegations of plagiarism.

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Black Knight” is a new drama set in a dystopian future where pollution has become so severe that the only way to survive is to have everything delivered. The cast of star-studded series include Kim Woo Bin, Song Seung Heon, Esom, and Kang You Seok.

After its premiere last week, some gamers accused the series of having plagiarized the game “Death Stranding,” which was released in 2019.

On May 16, the producers of “Black Knight” dismissed the allegations by pointing out, “‘Black Knight’ was produced based on the webtoon of the same name by Lee Yun Kyun, which began in 2016.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1587691wpp/black-knight-responds-to-plagiarism-allegations

*** "Black Knight" is off to a mixed start. This weekend it hit #2 on the worldwide streaming Top 10 list but, the reviews have been mixed. The domestic reviews are mostly negative saying the drama is too slow and boring while the international reviews are the drama delivers enough solid entertainment to be worth-streaming. For me, it's not boring but not great either. Kim Woo Bin and Song Seung Hun deliver. Ultimately, the teenage character is the weakest point of the

show. I sometimes feel the drag but, love the drama so far.   :rubchin:

4 Reasons To Watch Sci-Fi Action K-Drama "Black Knight"

"Black Knight" has come out the gates running, becoming an international success upon its release. Here are a few reasons why you should watch the sci-fi action series immediately!

Black-Knight-Netflix-Kim-WooBin.jpg

While many K-Drama series are based on everyday occurrences, "Black Knight" transports its viewers to a post-apocalyptic world filled with action, suspense, and a whole lot of excitement. Netflix has once again delivered as the science fiction series skyrocketed in popularity upon its release. "Black Knight" features prominent stars in Kim WooBin, Song SeungHeon, and Esom, along with rising actor Kang YouSeok.

The Netflix show is based on the webtoon of the same name and is set 40 years into the future, after a comet strikes Earth. This turns the Korean peninsula into an arid desert. The survivors find themselves split into a hierarchy system in which the upper class lives in comfort while the lower class, or refugees, struggle to survive.

In a lawless land of polluted air and scarce resources, couriers are considered heroes as they brave the outside to deliver precious goods like food and oxygen to the people. These couriers must be battle ready, as they face the constant risk of being targeted by bands of raiders and thieves. 5-8 (Kim WooBin) is a legendary courier known for his physical prowess and acts as the central figure in "Black Knight".

Now, while many have already binged through the entire series, we understand that there might be some who are still on the fence. If this sounds like you, here are a few reasons why you should start "Black Knight" immediately!

Spoiler

1. A Thrilling Plot

"Black Knight" does extremely well in carrying its viewers along on a worthwhile adventure that you will want to see through until the very end. The twists and turns are marvelous, keeping you on your toes throughout the entirety of the 6 episode series. The combination of genres will keep your blood pumping throughout the whole thing. "Black Knight" will have you hooked, starting from the very first episode.

2. Kim WooBin's Wondrous Acting

There's a reason why Kim WooBin is lauded as a Hallyu superstar. He has the charisma, experience, and physique that makes him a perfect fit for central character 5-8. Kim WooBin personally guides you through the world of "Black Knight", causing you to briefly forget about reality. While you're with him, you will become completely immersed in the storyline, wondering what 5-8 will do next. It almost feels like an extension of himself, which speaks to Kim WooBin's impressive talent.

3. Clear Cut Villain

Netflix-Black-Knight-Villain.jpg

While not every story needs to have conflict in the form of a villain, we couldn't be any more happier to see one in "Black Knight". Song SeungHeon absolutely delivers in his portrayal of RyuSeok, the pivotal bad guy of the series.

He has everything from twisted morals, a group of lackeys, and a general disgust towards those beneath him.

RyuSeok presents every reason for our cast to band together and rise against him. You cannot help but feel a tinge of excitement as good and bad clash throughout the series.

4. Heartwarming Familial Bonds

Netflix-Black-Knight-Bonds.jpg

Now, while there's a whole lot of science fiction and a heaping portion of action scenes, "Black Knight" does well in adding some heartfelt sincerity to balance everything out. There's an appreciation towards the formation of a family, rather than one connected by blood. This is outlined through multiple accounts. Some examples are SaWol (Kang YouSeok) and SeolAh (Esom), as well as the group of couriers. Although they're not related by blood, they continue to cherish each other regardless and choose to stand by each other's side. In the midst of all the chaos, it's nice to have these sincere, heartfelt moments to tug on your heart.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/4-reasons-to-watch-sci-fi-action-k-drama-black-knight/

*** "Black Knight" makes it big on the charts. The drama enters the top 10 in 83 counties. In the realm of streaming entertainment, Netflix has once again captured the attention of viewers worldwide with its latest fantasy epic. Since its release on Netflix on May 12, the drama has quickly gained immense popularity among viewers. It is now streaming on Netflix (please note that availability may vary in certain countries). According to FlixPatrol data, the drama quickly gained popularity and secured the second spot as one of the most-watched TV shows on Netflix as of May 14. Since May 13, Black Knight has been steadily climbing the Netflix charts in various countries and currently holds the second position worldwide. Additionally, the drama has earned a place in the top 10 most popular TV shows in numerous countries, including India, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, and many more.   

:Woah:

1398299426_whatsapp-image-2023-05-16-at-

*** Netflix series “Black Knight” topped the non-English television charts at No. 1 Wednesday, three days after its release. Netflix users watched the series for a total of 31.2 million hours this week, the streaming service said. Aside from Netflix’s internal rankings, the drama also topped streaming service charts at second place in Korea on aggregator

FlixPatrol on Monday and Tuesday. FlixPatrol does not provide data for the first day of release.   :Megalol:

Netflix sci-fi series ″Black Knight″ topped the non-English rankings on the streaming service three days since its release. [NETFLIX]

credit : JoongAngDaily

Spoiler

Kim Woo Bin Chats About The Message Of “Black Knight,” Feeling Grateful For His Health And Career, And More

Kim Woo Bin Chats About The Message Of “Black Knight,” Feeling Grateful For His Health And Career, And More

Kim Woo Bin recently chatted about his new hit series “Black Knight”!

Based on a webtoon, “Black Knight” takes place in 2071 when pollution has become so severe that people can’t survive without respirators. The series tells the story that unfolds as legendary deliveryman 5-8 (Kim Woo Bin) meets refugee Sa Wol (Kang You Seok), who dreams of becoming a deliveryman because they are the refugees’ only hope, and their struggle against Cheonmyeong Group, an organization that is eager to rule the world with their vicious cruelty.

Following its May 12 release, “Black Knight” has become a hit all around the world, quickly topping Netflix’s global (non-English) top 10 chart.

On what drew him to star in the drama, Kim Woo Bin shared, “When I first received the script, I was happy to receive an offer from director Cho Ui Seok. That was first. At the time, since we were all living in a world where everyone was wearing masks, it was interesting because I thought this [story] could potentially happen in real life. While reading the script, I could feel each character coming to life and I was curious about 5-8. That’s why I decided to join.”

Regarding the drama’s message, Kim Woo Bin revealed, “In my opinion, 5-8 is someone who is abandoned for the sole reason of being a refugee, feels hurt, and wants everyone to be happy. I also regularly think that although we cannot all live the same in the same situations, we’re all people who were born to receive love and have a duty to be happy. I hope that after watching this drama, many people will once again feel that they are precious people who deserve to be happy and loved. I hope people live while loving more and being even happier.”

Kim-Woo-Bin-1.jpeg

As the actor mentioned previously, “Black Knight” was filmed during the COVID-19 pandemic, meaning all the cast and crew had to film while wearing masks. Kim Woo Bin explained, “The prop masks had no function whatsoever. They were just for show. We had to wear masks because of COVID-19 so we wore real masks inside our prop masks. On cold days, they’d fog up so if there was action or a long line, it got so stuffy to the point where water would drip [from the mask]. Rather than that being a distraction, I think it helped to understand how the characters felt. It helped a bit with immersing [into the role].”

Alongside Kim Woo Bin, “Black Knight” stars Song Seung Heon, Esom, Kang You Seok, and more. When asked about his chemistry with his co-stars, Kim Woo Bin shared, “Seong Heon makes the atmosphere fun. I felt so comfortable on set. One thing that surprised me was that he looked so similar to the image I saw on TV when I was younger. I was curious about what on earth he eats. Every time we met up, I asked him, ‘Please tell me what you eat.’ I even asked how he exercises and we had a lot of personal conversations like that.”

Kim Woo Bin continued, “I was meeting with Esom in a project for the first time in 12-13 years, so I was thankful and happy for that in itself. Although we didn’t talk a ton, I figure that we felt the same. I even thought, ‘She’s been doing well, she’s survived well.'”

On Kang You Seok, Kim Woo Bin shared, “As soon as I first saw You Seok, I thought he was Sa Wol. I thought his casting was done well with regards to his unique energy, playfulness, aegyo, and acting. Unfortunately, we had a lot of sets so I couldn’t keep filming with these three. Those aspects are regretful. It would’ve been great to spend more time with them. Since we were travelling across the country, we’d film in different regions. I mainly filmed with the Black Knight members.”

Kim-Woo-Bin-2.jpegKim-Woo-Bin-3.jpeg

After taking a hiatus in 2017 following his diagnosis with nasopharyngeal cancer, “Black Knight” now marks Kim Woo Bin’s third project since returning to acting. Given that he’s worked consistently since his return, the interviewer asked how his health was. Kim Woo Bin answered, “I’m sleeping well, eating well, and thinking positively.

Being busy is something to be thankful for and means that there are a lot of people seeking me out. That’s why I’m trying to work happily.”

Kim Woo Bin elaborated, “In the past, I think there were moments like this. As I first started work, I wanted people to seek me out, but once I had a lot of work, my body felt tired and I thought about wanting to rest. I was shocked to realize that. This was something I wanted so badly, but now that it was reality, I thought I was being whiny so I was surprised at my change of heart. Since then, I’ve been more grateful. I’m happy and thankful to so many reporters for making time.”

Spoiler

Kim-Woo-Bin-4.jpeg

On whether people’s concerns for his health were ever a burden, Kim Woo Bin shared, “Feeling very grateful comes first. Thankfully, I’ve shared greetings in a lot of places now so many people know that I’ve become healthy. Before this, every person I met asked ‘Are you feeling okay?’ so that was a bit burdensome but I’m thankful that many people acknowledge it now.”

Kim Woo Bin then emphasized, “To reiterate my current health, they said at the hospital that my body is much healthier than it was before. When I do health checkups, everything is normal. Including the reporters and myself, I’m probably the healthiest here. I don’t really do things that are bad for my body.” Laughing, the actor added, “I hope you reporters always take care of your health and even if you’re busy, please get a health checkup once a year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1588102wpp/kim-woo-bin-chats-about-the-message-of-black-knight-feeling-grateful-for-his-health-and-career-and-more

*** Kim Woo-bin is no stranger to the world of sci-fi action with his role in the film "Alienoid" but he said he still found it difficult to realistically play his charismatic character in "Black Knight."  Although, the series marks his second appearance in the sci-fi action genre, he said the genre remains challenging as it demands both his imaginative capabilities and close collaboration with the visual effects (VFX) team and stunt performers. He said, "There are differences between acting in realistic scenes and acting based on imagination. I had confidence in the sci-fi genre as I had to fly in the sky and shoot guns during 13 months of shooting for 'Alienoid,' but it was still difficult. Action scenes are always challenging. Each shot requires the collective effort of many people." During years of break, he said he looked back on his acting career that began in 2011 and felt sorry for not caring for himself enough. Now, he knows the importance of balancing life and work. "Following the experience, I feel so grateful about what I have now. I learned

what's precious in my life and try to stay healthy and happy," he said.   :Woah:

Actor Kim Woo-bin, the lead character of Netflix "Black Knight," is seen in this photo provided by Netflix. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

credit : Yonhap News

Netflix's 'Black Knight' tops the 'Global Top 10' category within 3 days of its release

1684290154-top10-tv-non-english-1-may-8-

Netflix's 'Black Knight' achieved first place in the global Top 10 (non-English) category within 3 days of its release.

The Netflix series 'Black Knight'' depicts a post-apocalyptic Korean peninsula in the future, where people cannot live without oxygen due to extreme air pollution, and the legendary courier driver '5-8' (played by Kim Woo Bin) and the refugee 'Sawol' (played by Kang Woo Seok) confront the Chunmyeong group that dominates the new world. 

According to the 'Netflix TOP 10 Website' on May 17 KST, 'Black Knight' recorded 31.22 million viewing hours in just three days after its release, making it to the top of the the Netflix Global Top 10 TV (non-English) category. It is enjoying great popularity on the TOP 10 list in 65 countries including Korea, Austria, France, Germany, Egypt, Hong Kong, the Philippines, and Brazil.

The response from domestic and foreign media and viewers is also hot. 'Black Knight'', which captured the hearts of viewers around the world at once with its unique worldview, is available to stream right now on Netflix.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/05/netflixs-black-knight-tops-the-global-top-10-category-within-3-days-of-its-release

*** "Black Knight" received attention even before pre-production for its whopping budget of 25 billion won ($18.6 million). The series also caught the eyes of the audience for being Kim Woo-bin's first major role after recovering from cancer. The series’ showrunner Cho Ui-seok, who also served as director and producer, told reporters Monday, "We wanted to show people dreaming of a better place to live – a utopia – while living in a world where everything seems bleak. The delivery drivers who supply people with oxygen, who in the universe of the series are mostly underdogs from refugee backgrounds, try to change that bleak world." He developed the drama based largely on the original webtoon but also added twists to highlight the class division among people who live as refugees and those who live in a clean underground facility. "The refugees in the apocalyptic dystopia in the drama live above ground in the smog and unlivable conditions near Gangnam, which is in real life seen as the most expensive and well-developed neighborhood in Seoul, while the upper-class lives underground. We wanted to emphasize the division through this irony." He added he wanted to question the injustice of a certain well-off group of people living comfortably while the masses suffer, saying he wanted to depict "the dichotomy of a world being a utopia for some and a dystopia for others. There is a scene which encapsulates this thematic point when Kim's character 5-8 says to the main antagonist, 'It is not your decision to say there is no world where everyone can be satisfied." We wait & see whether the series can maintain this strong start. Fingers crossed, though....................   :heart2:

Main poster for ″Black Knight″ [NETFLIX]

Main poster for ″Black Knight″ [NETFLIX]

credit : JoongAngDaily

[Herald Interview] Kim Woo-bin talks about right to be happy, loved

Netflix's dystopian drama “Black Knight” is actor Kim Woo-bin’s third project since he returned to acting in 2022 after being diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer and ceasing all activities in 2017.

It was director Jo Ui-seok who, having filmed the 2016 action flick “Master” with Kim, led the actor to star in his first-ever Netflix project. The two reportedly exchanged ideas during the planning stage for “Black Knight.”

“I was thinking about taking a bit of a break after shooting the 2022 sci-fi film, “Alienoid,” and the 2022 drama, “Our Blues," (when) Director Jo told me about this project. I simply became interested to see how the story would unfold,” Kim told The Korea Herald in an interview on Wednesday.

“I try to choose a project by looking at it from the audience’s point of view. The priority is whether the story is interesting, then I look into whether I agree with the overall storyline, and then the casts and the characters,” he added.

“Black Knight,” which is set in a post-apocalyptic era of Earth in 2071, centers on the story of a refugee-turned-legendary deliveryman and knight called 5-8 (Kim). Filming for the drama involved a lot of action scenes.

“Although I had completely recovered from cancer when I shot this project, I did worry whether I'd be able to do it without getting hurt. Many of the staff and action actors helped me,” he said.

Kim, who actively communicates with his fans on his Instagram, uploaded several posts appreciating his fellow actors and staff from “Black Knight,” writing out each of their names to show his gratitude.

“Without their help, this project could have not been successful. I wanted to remember them, but also wanted others to remember those young actors who receive relatively less attention. I would say that I was giving a hint to those who want to know more about the actors,” Kim said.

Kim also had some help from sophisticated computer graphics, which supported his acting.

“Director Jo cautiously asked me whether I could act out a smoking scene using CGI. So I did act using a real cigarette but the smoke was a computer-generated image. It was an interesting but challenging experience for me because I had to act as if the cigarette smoke was hurting my eyes and frown,” said Kim.

For Kim, “Black Knight” is a project that made him think more about how to appreciate life.

“The story of 5-8, who was once an abandoned refugee but becomes someone who helps others to notice how important they are as individuals, was a meaningful message itself. I want everyone who watches this drama to know how valuable they are,” Kim said.

“I know that not all of us are put into the same situation. But I think we’re all born to be loved and have the right to be happy.”

The Netflix series “Black Knight” was released on May 12.

By Kim Da-sol (ddd@heraldcorp.com)
credit : Korea Herald

*** On May 17, Kim Woo Bin shared some moments/ slide of photos in his IG from a recent trip to Bali, Indonesia (April2023). He seemed to be enjoying his time at an outdoor bar. Shin Min Ah and Kim Woo Bin had visited Bali together were confirmed via fans on SNS, as Kim Woo Bin was spotted following Shin Min Ah at the airport with a bulky luggage cart in tow. They went on holiday together. I love both of them. They're a lovely couple.  :ohboy2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsVo89tLxps/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=3b1b8f3a-1f15-4ff9-9eb4-f52531844cdd

*** Kim Woo-bin said when ask about the message he wanted to deliver through his latest series, "Black Knight."  "With this series, I hope people remind themselves they are precious, deserve to be happy and loved." He shared that reuniting with the director after the film "Master" was one of the key reasons to take part in the series. "I really liked that I got to work with director Cho again. He told me to trust him. When he first made the offer, it only had scripts up to episodes 3-4. But I had such good memories working with him in the past, so I wanted to work with him again. 5-8 has the rage and trauma of being abandoned just because he was born as a refugee and going through struggles. He's a person who pursues ways for more people to have happiness and a good life. So I tried to keep reminding myself of that mindset while I was filming. Rather than putting emphasis on the external factors, I tried to focus on why 5-8 has such thoughts and the reasons behind his being and actions. In the present, (his moves) are more refined, restrained, and seasoned through all the experience he had. But in the past, he has a lack of experience so (his moves) are rougher and unsophisticated. Yet, there's a rage. So I had that in mind when I made the scenes. I hope that was delivered." The series debuted on the top of the platform's official weekly streaming chart for non-English TV shows, Wednesday. He said he was surprised by its performance. "I tried not to have my hopes up because if you do, it will be more disappointing. My goal was to introduce this series to as many people as possible. But I was surprised how many people are watching the series. The actors are very much enjoying [the success] and I'm thankful for every moment."   :kisslevel:

optimize

credit : Korea Times

*** Kim Woo Bin shared how Shin Mina reacted to his latest Netflix series during a press conference for "Black Knight." He said, “She really enjoyed it and always supports me in everything I do. Since we both work in the same field, we often discuss acting together. We give each other advice and are influenced by one another.” Kim Woo Bin expressed his gratitude towards her. He also revealed that his fellow actors had expressed their enjoyment of the show. However, the series has received mixed reactions from viewers. When asked about the reactions, he commented, “I believe every project elicits different responses from viewers. I am grateful that they have watched the show and shared their thoughts with others. If there are any shortcomings on my part, I will strive to make up for them in my next project.”

However, he refrained from commenting on the possibility of a Season 2.   :popcornjackson:

2023051901001418300175774.jpg

2023051801001352900168441.jpg

source : https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202305180100135290016844&servicedate=20230517

*** In an interview with Wikitree, Kim Woo Bin responds to the public's concern regarding the smoking scene in "Black Knight". ‘I thought it really fit with the character’. Viewers thought it might affect his health, especially since he just returned from a 4-year hiatus due to health issues. He assured the public that the team, especially the director, looked after his health. He shared that upon receiving the offer, the drama's director considered removing all smoking settings; however, Kim Woo Bin had a different take on this. He said that one of 5-8's characteristics is smoking, so instead he recommended using computer graphics to do these scenes. He revealed that he used a "short cigarette model prop" for the specific scenes. "Since my movement is like this, when the cigarette smoke comes to my eyes, it'll sting. At this

point, the cigarette ash will fall, so I dust off my clothes," he explained. Smoking scene is 100% CGI.   :wut:

black-knight.jpg?w=820