Kim Woo Bin 김우빈 I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Everything Will Come True

heartkwbheart

*** Kim Woo Bin and Krystal sat between Carlos Alcaraz and Novak Djokovic in London alongside other global A-listers like Tom Hiddleston, Jonathan Bailey, Robert De Niro, Angelababy, Andrew Garfield and Ariana Grande. This is a reunion between the two stars because they starred in "The Heirs"  alongside Lee Min Ho before. Kim Woo Bin completed a sophisticated look with a Ralph Lauren Purple Label wool suit jacket, paired with a white shirt and white silk pants. Ralph Lauren is celebrating its 18th anniversary as Wimbledon’s official clothing sponsor.   :heart3:

• Like 1

Best Korean Dramas of 2023

Korean drama enthusiasts would be glad to know that 2023 is filled with some of the most promising new titles. Some of these shows that are scheduled to be released this year are original dramas with new concepts and stories while the others are second installments of famous and critically acclaimed series. Hence, there is always something for everyone, whether you love to watch light-hearted comedy romance, fantasy dramas, or action-packed shows. The following are some of the titles that you should be looking forward to.

Black Knight - Watch on Netflix

This is the first action show of Kim Woo-bin after recovering from cancer. The story occurred in the year 2071 when there is extreme pollution and people must use respirators in order to survive. Kim plays the character of the legendary delivery knight. Due to the desertification in Korea, only one percent of humanity remains. And delivery knights play an important role in society. Started streaming on May 12.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/130473/20230717/best-korean-dramas-of-2023.htm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Netflix confirms new action comedy movie* OfficerBlackBelt, starring KimWoobin & KimSungkyun as a martial artist & probation officer who team up to go against crime

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this good news. Adding MORE description about Kim Woo Bin's character here - he has a total of nine dans (meaning ranks) in taekwondo, kendo, and judo, working as a martial arts officer. Kim Woo Bin will take on the role of Lee Jung Do. “Officer Black Belt” will be helmed by director Kim Joo Hwan of “Midnight Runners” and “Bloodhounds.”    :Megathanks:

0000129595_001_20230726094601583.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=445&aid=0000129595

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Woo Bin And Kim Sung Kyun Confirmed To Star In New Action Comedy movie

20230726024801_kim-woo-bin-kim-sung-kyun

Kim Woo Bin and Kim Sung Kyun will be starring in Netflix’s riveting action comedy film “Officer Black Belt”!

On July 26, a representative of Netflix shared, “The production of the action comedy film ‘Officer Black Belt’ starring Kim Woo Bin and Kim Sung Kyun has been confirmed.”

“Officer Black Belt” is an action comedy film about Lee Jung Do (Kim Woo Bin), who has a total of nine dans (meaning ranks) in taekwondo, kendo, and judo, working as a martial arts officer together with probation officer Kim Seon Min (Kim Sung Kyun), who recognizes Jung Do’s great intuition for detecting crimes and martial arts skills.

Martial arts officers refer to those who monitor people subject to probation with electronic anklets due to high risk of recidivism and protect the citizen’s safety by preventing crimes. Martial arts officers work with probation officers as a pair, and it is also the duty of a martial arts officer to prevent danger that comes in the way of the probation officer and subdue criminals.

Kim Woo Bin will take on the role of Lee Jung Do, a young man who makes deliveries at his father’s restaurant and who has a good heart that can’t ignore any in need. While Jung Do is an ordinary and easygoing young man who likes to play games and drink with his friends, he is also a martial arts prodigy who has a third-degree black belt in taekwondo, kendo, and judo, adding up to a total of nine dans. His story begins when Jung Do accidentally saves a martial arts officer from being attacked by a criminal wearing an electronic anklet and starts working as a substitute for them for five weeks.

Kim Sung Kyun will play Kim Seon Min, a probation officer who manages violent criminals wearing electronic anklets because he wants to do something good for society. Seon Min recognizes Jung Do’s exceptional talent and good hunch and encourages him to become a martial arts officer.

“Officer Black Belt” will be helmed by director Kim Joo Hwan of “Midnight Runners” and “Bloodhounds.” Stay tuned for more updates!

credit : soompi news

• Blob 1

Kim Woo Bin and Kim Sung Kyun to Star in New Action Comedy Movie By ‘Bloodhounds’ Creator

martialartsofficer.png

Kim Woo Bin and Kim Sung Kyun are set to unite their forces in an action comedy.

On July 26th, Netflix confirmed the production of the movie Officer Black Belt in collaboration with Climax Studio, known for their works on Hellbound and D.P.

Officer Black Belt is a captivating action-comedy film centering on Lee Jung Do, a martial arts expert proficient in Taekwondo, Kendo, and Judo. He works with a probation officer to monitor electronic bracelet wearers and prevent crimes.

Kim Woo Bin steps into the role of Lee Jung Do, an ordinary young man who helps his father with his delivery service. He’s the kind of guy who can’t simply pass by someone in need. He’s also a master in martial arts, including taekwondo, kendo, and judo. After incidentally rescuing a probation officer under attack, he temporarily takes on the role for five weeks.

Kim Sung Kyun plays probation officer Kim Sun Min. He’s always dreamed of a job where he could help others, leading him to manage offenders wearing electronic tracking devices. He recognizes the talents and instincts of his temporary partner, Lee Jung Do, and encourages him to become a probation officer, foreshadowing exciting “martial arts chemistry” between the two.

Kim Woo Bin and Kim Sung Kyun’s collaboration in this action comedy is highly anticipated. They’re set to showcase real action while hunting down vicious criminals, with their enjoyable banter being another highlight of the movie.

Meanwhile, Officer Black Belt is the latest work by Midnight Runners and Bloodhounds helmer Kim Joo Hwan.

Source: Netflix

Kim Woo-bin to star in Netflix flick 'Officer Black Belt'

kim-woo-bin.jpg

South Korean actor Kim Woo-bin will star in an action-comedy film set to premiere on Netflix, the streaming service announced Wednesday.

The film "Officer Black Belt" follows a probation officer who enlists the help of a martial arts expert to fight crime, Netflix said in a press release.

"'Officer Black Belt' delves into the exciting realm of officers who keep the community safe through their camaraderie and special crime-busting skills," the streamer said.

In the movie, Kim Woo-bin plays the prodigy who "has an impressive total of nine dans (ranks) in Taekwondo, Kendo, and Judo."

Actor Kim Sung-kyun, who starred in dramas such as "Reply 1988" and "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo," plays the probation officer who "recognizes the exceptional talents of Kim Woo-bin’s character and suggests he take on a permanent role as a martial arts officer."

The film is directed by Jason Kim, who also helmed the film "Midnight Runners" and crime action series "Bloodhounds."

Netflix has yet to say when "Officer Black Belt" would be available for streaming.

credit : https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/07/26/23/kim-woo-bin-to-star-in-film-officer-black-belt

*** Jo In Sung shared one story of when Lee Kwangsoo's bad luck "illness" got contagious and infected Kim Woo Bin on July 22nd when they -  Jo Insung, Cha Taehyun, and Han Hyojoo appeared on Yoo Jaesuk's Youtube content 'Just an Excuse' to promote their Disney+ series 'Moving'. Jo In Sung shared, "Not too long ago, we went on a trip with Kim Woo Bin, EXO's D.O., etc." As it's common for Korean to have the oldest or most senior person pay for meals, etc., Jo Insung revealed, "Those friends feel uncomfortable when I pay for everything. But since they feel embarrassed to say, 'Today is on me' (as they're his juniors), we came up with a rule." He then explained, "On a stopwatch, you press the stop button twice and multiply the last digits of those two numbers. Everyone takes turns to do the same, and the one who gets the smallest number will be the one to treat the group." Laughing, Jo Insung elaborated, "But the thing is, in theory, this game should be fair because it's random, right? But then we went to take a taxi to go to a sushi restaurant, and Kwangsoo got the smallest number again both times (taxi and restaurant). Since the sushi place was expensive, we decided to divide it among 2 people (with the same game) and the two were Kwangsoo and Woobin." Jo Insung continued, "But it got contagious. The bad luck virus infected another guy: Woobin... After that, Woobin had to pay for everything for three days! There was not a single exception! Taxi, tea, convenience store, he paid for everything. It was so hilarious."   :ohboy2:

20230726_063023_434_ngyego.jpg

source : Gstarlive

Kim Woo-bin to star in Netflix film ‘Officer Black Belt’

Global streaming service Netflix on Thursday confirmed that actors Kim Woo-bin and Kim Sung-kyun will star in "Officer Black Belt," an action comedy.

The project will mark Kim Woo-bin’s second Netflix film, following the dystopian movie “Black Knight,” which premiered in May.

“Officer Black Belt” revolves around Lee Jung-do (Kim Woo-bin), a martial arts officer who works with a probation officer to keep an eye on criminals wearing ankle monitors.

Kim Sung-kyun, who recently made his Netflix return in the military drama “D.P. 2,” will play a probation officer named Kim Sun-min.

“Bloodhounds” director Jason Kim will take the helm for “Officer Black Belt.”

Information on the number of episodes and the date of release has not yet been announced.

By Lee Si-jin (sj_lee@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230728000522&np=1&mp=1

[New Movie] "Officer Black Belt"

photo1693714.jpg

"Officer Black Belt" (2023)

Directed by Kim Joo-hwan

With Kim Woo-bin, Kim Sung-kyun,...

Filming: 2023/09~
Synopsis
The story of Lee Jeong-do who has nine levels of Taekwondo, kendo, and judo, working together with probation officer Kim Seon-min who recognized his sense of detection and martial arts skills.

Release date in Korea : 2024

*** These days, watching a full-blown series with 16 episodes each can be a chore. "Black Knight" is one of the best short-form series available on Netflix globally. The drama consists of only a total of (8) episodes, the show is jam-packed with survival that fans will surely love.   :doggie:

black-knight.jpg?w=820

black-knight.jpg?w=820

photos source : Kdramastars

*** Yang Chi-seung appeared as a guest on the August 1 episode of SBS' television show, 'Strong Heart League' and talked about his celebrity clients. He's an entertainer/celebrity personal trainer. In the show, he recalled how Kim Woo Bin built his formerly slender body into a muscular one. Kim Woo Bin is one of many stars he has trained. In fact, he was introduced at the opening of the show as the man behind the muscular body of Kim Woo Bin shown in SBS' drama, 'The Heirs'. The trainer said, "Kim Woo Bin looked a bit like a pencil when he first stepped foot in our gym. He was very tall and lean. He had to film a scene that required him to expose his upper body for 'The Heirs' at the time. According to Yang Chi-seung, Kim Woo Bin sought his help in preparing for the scene. "Kim Woo Bin diligently worked on his upper body for days. He was too busy shooting movies and dramas at the time that he didn't have time to go to the gym. So, I helped set up a home gym in his place. I instructed him on everything, including which exercise equipment to install and how to plan his workout routine. A member of our gym recently told me, 'Hey, it seemed like Kim Woo Bin switched to another gym.'." It was because of one social media post that Kim Woo Bin uploaded. The trainer made a shocking reveal that he hardly turns on the air conditioner in his gym, even when it is steaming hot in Korea these days. But for Kim Woo Bin, the trainer said that he will "turn the electric fan and air conditioner on".   :happydance:

201815501_700.webp

201815460_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** In Korea, there's always this "dress code" for actors/actresses during official events like drama/movie presscon especially on Netflix production. I remember Kim Woo Bin during "Black Knight" presscon where he didn't match the dress code some months ago. At the event, he wore a khaki shirt, a matching color jacket, and white pants, in contrast to all other actors in all-black outfits.   :Megalol:

Courier-Driver-1-080323-780x470.jpg

Courier-Driver-11-080323-678x470.jpg

photos source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/875569

*** I re-watched his latest drama, "Black Knight".   I love it because it’s a short episode series, just only (6). The complete story is told within the six episodes. There’s a good ending, it’s just that sometimes the show drags out and lingers too long on inconsequential scenes. There is one silver lining, though: Black Knight has excellent and nail-biting action sequences. 5-8 who is Kim Woo Bin here is basically indestructible, for reasons that are never really explained beyond him just being that strong and skilled, and it’s a lot of fun watching a good guy defeat impossible odds while also delivering oxygen to the elderly. It’s just so over the top unrealistic sometimes. Well, it’s a good drama for me & I’m not disappointed.  :Twerkdatbutt:

*** Bechdel Day 2023, dedicated to recognizing works that exemplify gender equality in the Korean cinematic landscape, unveiled this year’s “Bechdel Choice 10.” "Alienoid"  has made the cut among the list. A panel reviewed 120 theatrical and OTT originals. Criteria for selection encompassed: 1) At least two named female characters; 2) These characters converse with each other; 3) Their discussions aren’t solely about a male character; 4) At least one among the director, producer, screenwriter, or cinematographer is a female filmmaker; 5) The movie either has a sole female protagonist or equal representation between male and female leads; 6) The movie avoids discriminatory views on minorities; 7) Female characters aren’t depicted as mere stereotypes. Bechdel Day 2023 will soon announce its Bechdelian awards, divided into four categories – director, writer, actor, and producer – spotlighting notable figures in

both film and series, following last year’s introduction of the Bechdel Choice 10 for series.   :hypehype:

3892669cc2cec6defd0c92c338f1366e.jpg

bb9e8360453fdea8b350dabc743e63bc-1536x89

Source: Directors Guild of Korea

*** Can't wait for the variety show that we are looking forward to this fall, which is  starring Lee Kwang Soo, Kim Woo Bin, EXO's D.O, and Kim Ki Bang! Based on the synopsis, it seems that the new show will take on a very similar format to Na Young Suk PD's hit series 'Three Meals a Day'. While no title has been released, it's believed that the program will premiere as a Friday night series beginning in October. In fact, the four cast members were spotted filming for the new program not long ago. I'm sure this "can't fail". The cast lineup is solid. Its nice to see kim Woo Bin in more variety shows.   :heart4:

1691723986-1.jpg

1691723986-2.jpg

photos source : allkpop

*** K-Pop music has become more and more popular because of their catchy tunes and entertaining dance moves. All over the world, people enjoy music and entertainment from the Korean industry. I'm sure if you love K-pop, then you will also love songs and soundtracks from K-drama. I have many songs and soundtracks that I may want to listen to. Like the song in "Our Blues" by BTS Jimin and Ha Sung-woon titled With You. You can't beat a hit from a couple of the BTS singers, can you? It is an emotional and deep song that put me in my feels. It's heartbreaking. Of course, I simply can't outdo the vocals of Jimin. The song was a perfect addition to the drama. This is one of the songs, which is in my mobile phone.    :kitty:

• 2 weeks later...

*** Shin Min Ah and Kim Woo Bin recently attended her manager’s wedding together. She took to Instagram on August 20th, sharing a video from the wedding with the caption, “I was so nervous I can’t even remember what I did.” In the footage, she was wearing a sleek black dress, was reading her speech and blessing the bride and groom. She lovingly stated, “(The two of them) have become truly essential to each other, so this marriage is such a welcome and joyful occasion.”  The couple standing side by side. Their matching black dress and suit ensemble turned heads.   :kitty:

20230821071032897nmch.jpg

10 High School K-Dramas To Watch At The Start Of A New School Year

It’s back to school season again! A new semester, new experiences, and one step closer to your dreams. There is always a trepidation of excitement, as well as apprehension when the new school term begins. So, as a warm-up and to set the mood for school, check out these 10 K-dramas to start the new school year with.

School 2013

school-2013-540x360.jpg

Grades, crushes, and teen angst – school life comes with its own share of struggles. Go Nam Soon (Lee Jong Suk) has had it tough and is constantly bullied by a classmate. The new transfer student Park Heung Soo (Kim Woo Bin) has a shared history with Nam Soon and tilts the power balance in school. As these two face the wrath of school bullies, they also have to deal with their issues and complexities. And Jung In Jae (Jang Nara) and Kang Se Chan (Choi Daniel) are the homeroom teachers, trying to steer their young charges on the right path.

Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin’s bromance was a huge draw, and they were relatable as they brought out the angst of adolescence. The drama was a commentary on Korea’s competitive education system, the bullying and stress students go through, and how the time spent in school can turn into dreadful memories for the future.

Start watching “School 2013”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** On August 27th, Kim Woo Bin left a message for a fan who passed away. He expressed, “Jiwon, who was always cheerful and bright. As I came to say my final farewell to the path you always walked on, I realized that it was truly a long and difficult journey. Only now do I understand. Just a short while ago, you ask about my well-being with a smile. Your face comes to my mind, and it hurts so much in my heart. Jiwon, I won’t think of this as parting. Over there, let’s only have days filled with laughter, good health, and happiness, and on the day we meet again, let’s take many photos together and share all the stories we couldn’t finish. I’ll work harder on the new projects you were looking forward to. I’ll think of you, Jiwon, and do my best to create them. Watch over me. I’m truly thankful, and again, thank you for being my fan. Let’s definitely meet again.”  Along with this, Kim Woo Bin shared a letter he received from the fan along with a sky photo, expressing his sadness. According to the fan’s sibling, Kim Woo Bin not only sent wreaths to the funeral home but also personally paid his respects. Kim Woo Bin’s fan’s sibling said, “Just receiving the wreath you sent was already a great source of strength, but you coming in person to our family was a truly big comfort. Mom, Dad, my sibling, and I all gained tremendous strength. Since my sibling saw Woo Bin-nim, whom she loved every single day, off on her final journey, she can now fly endlessly without any worries. Even though you must be busy, thank you so much for coming from afar and seeing my sibling off. We sincerely hope Woo Bin-nim remains healthy in the future and that every project he takes part in succeeds. Thank you so much for being with my sibling till the end.”   :crybaby:

Kim-Woo-bin-1-082723-380x470.webp

Kim-Woo-bin-share-082723.webp

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230827n14384?mid=n1008