[Official] ChaeKi/Burning Toast Couple Thread [Song Joong Ki & Moon Chae Won]

unhskikr4ever

I'm sneaking in here again when I still haven't even final edited my report. *sigh*

@anoosha Understood. Trust me, I've had my own moments of doubt. No worries, your ChaeKi flames won't die down with me here. I guess I really am your last hope huh? :))

@yoonghyuun I love the last pic you posted of JK reaching up to rub his ear and completely sincere/happy laugh at CW misunderstanding of the skinship the reporters wanted. So cute. You should also post more pics of ChaeKi at BCWW. I couldn't find one particular ChaeKi picture with both of them posing in front of the Innocent Man poster - boy were they posing very very close together in that pic.

@tamaharuchan Of course, fantasies and dreams are essential for good mental health. :D Yes, the MS Team is a much less overbearing management company than Sidus, who's had some damage to their reputation due to various incidents of wire tapping their stars' phones and even CCTV monitoring. After those scandals, there have been changes to how they manage their stars, but they are still a top management company that has a certain corporate culture of tight control.

From the way MS Team dealt with LMJ's romance, I also think that if there is evidence dug up from the media, they will reveal the relationship. They are very respected within the industry for having prudent practices and respectable policies with their artists. Though it took me awhile to accept that my LMJ is dating LBH (he's a fantastic actor, I just don't have a great impression of his personal romantic history), but the way MS Team handled it did help to alleviate some of my misgivings. So I think if news were to break out about ChaeKi, MS Team will also be gracious about it. Thankfully, JK will no longer be a part of Sidus once the new year starts so I'm more assured of JK's commitment should he decide to commit. A tough managment company can be detrimental to a budding relationship.

@kathykel Well, this vacation is with a group of friends and not the one he was talking about in his previous interview when he said he "wanted to go alone on a vacation"...so I can only assume he has another one planned. *cough*January*cough* Anyways, if ChaeKi both go missing in January...

I really have to finish my report for tomorrow morning, but if I have time tomorrow, I'll try to do a brief analysis of JK's newest Entertainment Relay interview at lunch. My colleagues are probably going to think I'm being diligent at work again. =))

Guest charmingtail

I dont see anything wrong with @kgrl 's optimism....because SJK and MCW is indeed behaving fishy now. You dont need to look at their micro- behaviour to know that. Just look at SJK, from easily proclaiming that MCW is goddess in the beginning to avoiding to talk about MCW now. I wonder where all his warm affections to our chae wonnie went? His memorable aomori kiss is due to PD's KIm; he wanted to win best couple award because he wanted to win with an actress, nothing abt MCW, almost felt like any actress will do for him and the only thing he said (after NG had ended) abt MCW was her professionalism. Then for MCW, SJK became a mere colleague and she couldn't make up her mind how to address him in public? She called him Oppa easily in Bts and suddenly she thot she had to revert back to calling him Joong ki ....ssi, does this make any sense? I dont see MCW struggling to address PSH? Did the chaeki pre-plan all these? Did they plan among themselves to act this way or they again have telepathy?

Did chaeki realise how strange they are now? Isn't it strange how SJK doesn't mind a scandal with PBY yet so guarded abt MCW? He is the type who can flirt with PBY openly in press conference without a single finch. I still remember during one boki interview, he easily put his hand on her lap while he continued to talk to the interviewer...yet he seem to lose his usual interest in "flirting" with MCW now. Its felt like he lost interest in MCW after NG ended YET....he got emotional merely thinking abt NG .......1 month after NG had ended?  

In the latest interview:
Interviewer to SJK: What he’s taking away from his two projects this year? 
“With nice guy, I learned what it’s like to feel happiness and draw enjoyment from producing good work with good people. And werewolf boy pushed me to go back to the basics as an actor.”  

Does this feel disconnected? He talked abt MCW coldly and professionally now but got emotional thinking abt NG and said he felt happiness (emotion) working in NG (I am beginning to suspect that PD Kim and SJK is the OTP of NG -.-) and he flirted with PBY openly then talked abt his acting in the movie..... 

Is SJK like this because he is getting popular now? Yes he may have to be more guarded now but is there a need to go this far? Just look at MCW and PSH....the way they talked abt each other is so normal, they mentioned each other with warm affection till the end and just merely stated that there is no romance love btw them...

So why cant chaeki do that? Isn't it easier for SJK or MCW to give a firm denial statement (like PBY) abt each other then to beat around the bush? She said he is a mere colleague and she knew nothing abt him and then went on to gush abt how much she had enjoyed working with him...LOL And till now SJK had not even answered any direct question pertaining to his rumors with MCW? Even PSH answered a direct question regarding the possibility of a romance with MCW....Just look at different OTP's interviews after their drama had ended (in bridal mask, both of them spoke abt each other with 100% warm affection, she is his ideal type), you will see the difference btw them and chaeki

I am getting a bit stress abt the KBS award......I wonder how r they going to act towards each other? They are "mere colleagues"? They are "mere friends" They are "ambiguous couple"? SO HAVE THEY DECIDED WHAT THEY WANT US TO THINK THEY ARE? They need to be more consistent? so they wont look fishy? or we toasts prefer them to be like this.....their relationship is so indescribable and ambiguous?

PS:I asked my husband (who did not know abt the only hot pack in korea) that if he saw a a female colleague putting the only hotpack in the office on the neck of another male colleague....what would he think? He said he would be surprised and thot wa........they must be close to each other.....and if the action was between 2 guys, he would think it was so weird LOL

I firmly believe chaeki are close to each other. But only the chaeki knows how close they are...friends or more than friends. There must be a reason why they are doing this as I don't think i am over analyzing here. I just pray that whatever the reason is, their friendship/relationship wont be affected 

haha this post is long with all my ranting.........I felt I have to contribute my 2 cents opinion after enjoying everyone insights =)

Hello. I am a silent lurker at this thread. I am a big fan of Chaeki and I totally agree with all of your observations here. I think they are trying to be discreet and careful of not creating a scandal. But If they're meant to be they're meant to be. Who knows maybe they can pull a Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young who suddenly announced they were getting married after being friends after a long period of time. He. He.
Anyway, Chaeki guested at the recent "Happy Together" episode. Here are some screencaps from the show. I hope we can find some video of that show that I can watch. 
SJK1_zps1865e04b.jpg

SJK2_zpsd55b8743.jpg

SJK3_zps83731adf.jpg

• Like 1

Guest charmingtail

something just pop up in my mind. When is the last time SJK is so emotional ....when he left running man? I saw the Bts of him crying at the end of running man....I dont see him emotional at all at werewolf boy Bts and sungkyunkwan scandal? He was really emotional during the last epi of running man and we see how close Lee kwang soo and song joong ki is. We see how emotional he is at the last scene of NG and he is still emotional now ...1mth after NG ended. Other than him pouring his heart and soul into NG...are there any other reasons? It simply just cant be that he was emotional because he worked doubly hard for NG, I think he worked hard for all other dramas too. Other than Lee Kwang Soo, is there anyone he is close to in NG? In his most recent interview, he said he had been most grateful for Sohn Hyun-Joo sunbae-nim. He was his emotional rock while he was doing NG...so its not producer Kim etc in NG (he would have no problem mentioning them at all).......so other than thinking abt his hard work, who does he think of when he thot of NG? He felt emotional and happiness working with good people in NG.....the top in his "good people" list is?........hahaha.....the girl that shall not be named for SJK.  

I bet if MCW is a guy, they will be drinking soju and playing balls, going to thailand together now. Even if they are not dating, even if they are in ambiguous relationship. I would pray that their friendship/relationship remain steadfast in the midst of the pressure of korean entertainment. I can see how CW is so happy working with SJK and unless SJK is acting in his interview, he is happy working with her too. Both felt "happiness" working in NG. 

PS:I cant forget they kissed during the first snow of her birthday and its unforgettable for her....

They are filming the kissing scene on her birthday and suddenly someone said to her.."look unnie..its snowing" She realised it was snowing and she was so happy...it was the first snow on her birthday

This scene is the most romantic of all NG scenes and BTs for me.......its on par with how EG first met MR on plane........I wonder what is her birthday wish? For that special someone to fall in love with her?

Guest cloe1430291736

charmingtail said:
PS:I cant forget they kissed during the first snow of her birthday and its unforgettable for her....

They are filming the kissing scene on her birthday and suddenly someone said to her.."look unnie..its snowing" She realised it was snowing and she was so happy...it was the first snow on her birthday

This scene is the most romantic of all NG scenes and BTs for me.......its on par with how EG first met MR on plane........I wonder what is her birthday wish? For that special someone to fall in love with her?

Guest charmingtail

cloe said: charmingtail said:

and people said when you kissed during the first snow..it means you are falling in love^_^ i guess MCW knows about that....

Guest charmingtail

Kgrl said:
5) CW wants her romantic relationships to be with a person who's "like a friend", "to watch over/support each other for a long time". (After reading several of CW's interviews regarding this new ideal - since I've never heard her mention this kind of characteristic for ideal boyfriends before NG - I now understand why she refused to even acknowledge JK as a "friend")

Given these above, and the various observations of JK's early post-NG interviews and his body language in his video interviews, I'm convinced these two are beyond the friends stage. That kind of bond and attraction feels deep for us outsiders, can you imagine how it feels for the two people experiencing it? The Korean ent. industry is not conducive for romantic relationships and I know that reality can trump the romantic feelings stars may have developed for each other. If it's hard for normal people, it's doubly hard for stars to maintain a relationship. However, just like CW has said in her interviews, I hope ChaeKi can be lovers who treat each other like friends, who can watch over each other and pursue an enduring relationship while chasing their artistic dreams. Of course, I wouldn't mind some ChaeKi babies to gush over in that process, but that's at least several years off. :))

Guest charmingtail

I am going make prediction for chaeki at least for the next 6 mths to a year and see how far I am correct or wrong

I remember making a prediction on the forum for NG at epi 15 or 16 that NG will have a bittersweet ending, MR will lose his memory and meet EG somewhere out there...
I make this prediction due to 
1) sec hyun's comment on that how love can make the impossible thing happen
2) How EG finally drank the milk after crying out all her sorrow.
3) SJK's really ost...even if I am born again, its always you

For chaeki, my predictions are
1) I believe all of us will go gaga over their chemistry once again on KBS award ceremony. I think Toasts will be burnt again. 
2) After that they will continue with their ambiguous relationship....he still wont talk much abt MCW vice versa. Strangely, but I think PBY may be the last of SJK's scandal....I mean self-created scandal.
3) They will never make a firm denial statement (like PBY) abt each other....even if rumors are flying all around, He simply just dont talk abt her and she will just say she doesnt know him well =p 

I make this prediction based on
1) SKJ: My job could force me to hide my relationships, but I don′t want to hide it or openly boast about it. People need to love while they′re living. I want to love more.
2) MCW: I only hope for a normal relationship with someone like a friend, whom I  can stay together for a very long time
3) My faith on Chaeki that they are close friends even if they are not dating

let's see whether I am wrong or correct this time.......=p

PS: 
1) Was backtracking NG soompi since I am free today...I seriously cant keep up with NG tread (yet I want to read all the comments) but I still have 70 more pages to go 0 0

2) I remember someone defended SJK on his rumored GF sometime ago in oct (see below) ....I hardly care abt SJK's love life at that time since I am so into EunMa instead of chaeki. MCW mentioned that SJK is very honest in her interview as well. Women value honesty in men,  Chaeki are actors, honesty is even more valuable to them; its important that MCW trusts SJK even if he is having scandals....Just like Go so young is so grateful to Jang Dong Gun when he trusted her when she was in a scandal years ago. Even when the PBY and SJK scandals are flying around during NG filming, our chae wonnie is still happily showing her affection to SJK =P...I think at least she trusts him
@pinkleberry22
My cousin has told me that on numerous occasions he has discovered that Song Joong Ki has an extremely likable quality about him..the fact that he is very honest. Someone like him wouldn't openly flirt with his alleged girlfriend under his fan's noses and practically mock them for not knowing. Those were all for his movie promotions, as Song Joong Ki is very skilled at PR. In fact, he's known throughout the company for it.  A running joke is that Song Joong Ki doesn't even need his own PR team, as he is talented and witty enough to take care of it himself. It was even done in regards to Nice Guy, as Song Joong Ki has actively fed the fandom, yet that kind of information should be taken with a grain of salt. Actors/actresses are trained to give this kind of publicity to their dramas and movies as fans crave it

Guest babytala1430292118

Hello everyone! How have you been? It's so nice reading all your insights knowing that your love for this couple is still in flames :P Please, just keep them coming! I think it's also nice if one of us can compile the analyses about them so that it will be more organised and people, especially the newbies, will have an easier time reading everything (HAHA! Sorry, my OC-ness tends to kick in :P). Anyway, it's just a suggestion :P
I also noticed that SJK started to become less touchy-feely towards MCW starting NG's press con. I find it fishy since we all know how SJK can be totally touchy towards his co-actors. From here, it seems that such behaviour has shifted towards MCW. I have this impression of MCW as a young, mature woman who's witty yet reserved. I don't know if it's just me but she became being touchy-feely towards SJK during the latter episode BTS of NG. Between the two, she would be gutsy enough to initiate the skinship, leaving SJK either gulping or startled (in a good way perhaps? :) ).
I now I already sound like a broken vinyl record echoing other Toasties' sentiments here but sometimes, the micro-expressions and the post-NG interviews just scream something fishy. Haha! So there you go, @Kgrl! Don't worry, you're not alone :P I think other Toasties are feeling the same way :)
I know it's still up to them; I thin they're mature enough to decide what's best for them :). But I think it doesn't hurt to let them know that a lot of people are rooting for them, aye? ;) Have a good day, Toasties!

honeyimstillfollowyou_zps949b7849.jpg

SJK (via telepathy) to MCW : "Chagiya....dont too close. SilverTop Villager will know we're dating now!"

huaha_zpsf28b17a6.jpg

SJK (via telepathy. Again!) to MCW: "Oh please...chagiya, dont too far also...I cant see your beautiful legs..."

Sorry if the pics already been posted before...LOL (I forgot to take doctor Kang Maru's prescription for my ChaeKi delusion)

p.s
underline please, those pics are taken from Innocent Man FB (is there FB for ChaeKi Couple as hot as here????)

Good morning, ChaeKis!!!

Ahhh Reality Bites!!! But I can see this thread is moving fast, and I love reading everyone's insightful posts!

I had a dream last night, about MCW dating Song Seung Heon...! I wonder why on earth my mind would dream something like that. What a waste of my off time, LOL! Of course SSH is gorgeous.

But I think he matches Kim Tae Hae better. And MCW matches the guy with the kimchi rash around his mouth and the nervous tics every time her name is mentioned. He he.

Sending hugs!!! It's cold and raining here...  I wonder where I'm getting this toasty warmth from!!!

Hi my fellow burning toasts!...I backtracked the recent posts and I just love all the super awesome analytical posts by all the perceptive naughties..what would i do without u guys...u are our beacon of hope...and yeah Chaeki can't fool with what they trying to do now esp with so many psychic burning toasts!...i am also waiting for the KBS award to see them together n how they treat their 'colleague' :))
KEEP THE FIRE BLAZING N THE TOAST BURNING!!!

coastalbreeze said: Good morning, ChaeKis!!!

Ahhh Reality Bites!!! But I can see this thread is moving fast, and I love reading everyone's insightful posts!

I had a dream last night, about MCW dating Song Seung Heon...! I wonder why on earth my mind would dream something like that. What a waste of my off time, LOL! Of course SSH is gorgeous.

But I think he matches Kim Tae Hae better. And MCW matches the guy with the kimchi rash around his mouth and the nervous tics every time her name is mentioned. He he.

Sending hugs!!! It's cold and raining here...  I wonder where I'm getting this toasty warmth from!!!

Guest yoonghyuun

SJK2_zpsd55b8743.jpg

seeing that pic, why KBS didn't invite NG casts as a guests on Happy Together :-?
i think most casts drama airing in KBS used to come to Happy Together to promote the drama, i've watched some of them like cinderella sister, dream high, TPM, my husband got a family...

I started this at lunch and didn't finish it until now so y'all know how long it's going to be right? :)) When aren't my posts a mile long?

Before I go into my analysis I would like to explain the basis for my observations. When I look at body language and micro-expressions I try to first understand a "base case" of what that person is normally like in a relatively relaxed environment. For SJK, his "base case" is his hands positioned in front of  him, locked in a comfortable intertwine without much finger movement, his eyes looking straight ahead, relaxed mouth and calm body movement. So that's why when I saw JK in his previous Entertainment Relay interview I was surprised to see him so anxious and nervous. He fidgeted a lot with his fingers, legs, and mouth, while his facial expressions were excitable and varied. That interview, to me, betrayed JK. It was obvious he was feeling many emotions that day, resulting in his relative lack of ability to conceal it from his body language and micro-expressions. Also be aware that questions in these video interviews have already been cleared with stars' management and the star himself/herself before an interview begins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HRO167Ixfqw

JK was much calmer in this ER interview. You'll also notice that JK has a habit of looking at his interviewer briefly when s/he starts a question, then looking down (normally to his right) as he listens to the question and begins to answer before looking back up at the interviewer. His voice is also lower and speech smoother when he's more comfortable. So it is relatively easy to see what questions he's comfortable with answering, and it's effect on him, by the direction of his eyes/head and how long he looks away from the interviewer. You can also see instances of lifts in the corners of his eyes and mouths as indicators of pleasant thoughts. JK also has a habit of moving his head away when he doesn't want the camera/interviewer to see his eyes. Given the above there were 4 sections of the interview that caught my attention.

1) At 1:36 he talks about going to the theaters to see WB. Notice that in the faraway camera shot his eyes is looking to his upper left then switches to look to his upper right. Normally, that is a tell-tale sign of a person lying. However, in this case, I believe JK is concealing truths rather than committing a lie. Something about his visits to the movie theater made him recall and construct a visual image. If you notice, JK normally does not look up nor fixates his eyes in one position when he's answering a question. That's normal, since a person's eyes usually move in a quicker pace as s/he thinks and talks. It's when a person's eyes are fixated that you need to pay more attention.

2) At 2:00 the interviewer asks about the last scene of filming for NG, and you can see JK looks briefly away as his lips purses. To me, this initial reaction to the question was not JK being moved or touched, it was rather a conscious effort to conceal annoyance/frustration to the question. His lips became a thin line as the interviewer finished asking the question, and his entire head moved away from the camera. From my observations, JK was making an effort to conceal his reaction to being asked this question. You'll notice the entire screen pans to his last filming crying scene before going back to JK. Again, he's looking away from the camera in a fixated glance, and he heaves a sigh before answering the question. This part was actually the part I think JK was emotional after recalling how he felt about that last day of filming. Additionally, you'll notice he stutters and isn't as smooth in delivering his answer, b/c to express how he felt in words at the time is difficult. And this is the real kicker.

Here at 2:35 he couldn't express himself of how he felt during that time and naturally transitions to say "he's always like that" then immediately brings up WB and PBY and how she was so happy filming was completed. This transition was so natural, so "I don't know how to explain how I felt in answer to your question so this is the first example I can think of which relates to my answer" that it made me smile. It proves that JK and BY are truly very close friends and he is completely comfortable talking about her to outsiders. Then notice his facial expression and his eyes as he recalls NG and brings up CW's name. His eyes and lips are tilted upward, and he is looking to his lower left without looking back up at the camera/interviewer as he imagines that day in his mind. And KBS switches to that last BTS scene (without ChaeKi's hug as some of our astute Toasts have noticed). If the camera had been in the right angle, I would have liked to confirm if JK's pupils really did dilate when he was talking about MCW. But from that angle I can't tell. :P

3) At 3:20 as JK ponders how would he consider his fans...I don't know about y'all but this is so telling for me. He looks down away from the camera and fixates his gaze again, then shakes his head slightly. The texts that pop up on screen from KBS says "troubled/perplexed" which isn't really the accurate description of JK's thoughts. I think it's more along the lines of he knows exactly how much fans' opinions matter to him when he makes a decision (which is very little) but at the same time their reactions impacts his career and life, thereby he is realistic enough to know that fan considerations are also important. But this pause is so significant to me b/c JK is normally so smooth with how he responds to his fans, even teasing them, or doing fanservice. This divergence seems to indicate that he has thought about his fans' impact on his future, and something/one in his life has made him realize the complexity of dealing with fans at this particular junction. You are free to make your interpretations on his significant pause, but all I know is that JK was not this "perplexed" about his fans previously, even a month ago.

4) At 5:30 when asked what he does in his free time, note his split-second micro-expression of a smile before he says "personal free time...I spend most of my time at the movie theater". You guys can interpret this yourself. :D At 6:20 the interviewer asks JK who are his [celebrity] friends and it's hilarious that JK says "KS and..." stops himself from saying another person's name b/c KS is the one he contacts the most. JK does have other celebrity friends and he's very sociable, but he truly does not seem to allow many people into his inner circle. JK probably has less than 5 people who he allows access to his thoughts, desires, and dreams...despite his sociability and natural connection with people.

There are other notable observations in this interview, but these are some of the most notable ones. I'm starving, gotta go make dinner. And yes, my colleagues thought I was being diligent again at lunch. I don't know if I should be ashamed or thankful.

Disclaimer: This Soompier accepts no liability for the after effects of the contents of this post, or the consequences of massive shipper overload. This post is intended solely for Burning Toasts with delusional minds and hotflashing bodies. If you are not the intended recipient of this post, you are notified that copying, distributing, or taking any retaliatory action in reliance to the contents of this post is strictly prohibited. Unless, of course, you have been granted permission to use as means of spreading the ChaeKi love. No refunds or exchanges allowed. No flipping tables allowed. All parties involved in litigation with this Soompier must wear socks. No hot pack hoarding allowed. This Soompier has no telepathic abilities; thereby all discourse must be conducted in written ChaeKi language. Unless you're ChaeKi - then                                                          :x  . Although effort has been made to provide complete and accurate information, this Toast makes no warranties, express or implied, or representations as to the accuracy and legitimacy of the contents of this post, nor is responsible for the severe conditions of your heart and sexual reproductive organs. You assume all risks associated with massively shipping ChaeKi. In no way is this Soompier, or her beloved ChaeKi, condoning movie-going as the ONLY personal pastime.

looking back.. NG had really sh*tty promo. the only kind of promo they got was a couple interviews from the press conference and that one on the set visit. and oh, there was also that lame photoshoot where they just merged JK and CH's pics together. lol