cynkdf

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics of the OST recording session  in today's media:

http://news.nate.com/view/20121106n14633

http://news.nate.com/view/20121106n12831

I am ignorant about Korean musicians but gather from a couple of tweets that Yoon Do Hyun of YB  took part in the recording session - he's the guy next to Im Seul Ong (please correct me if I am wrong).  I just listened to one of his songs for the first time - he's got a great voice.

26yearsost5nov12nocutnews.jpg

Bigger captures can be found in the 26 Years movie Facebook account:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.246217435506469.58018.196362517158628&type=1

26YearsFBOST1.jpg

26YearsFBOST2.jpg26YearsFBOST5.jpg

26YearsFBOST3.jpg

26YearsFBOST4.jpg

I'm sad Han Hye Jin is unable to join her fellow cast and film crew members for this recording and probably also for the concert. But I hope they have a roaring success - both with the concert and of course also the movie. 

Wendy, OBS broadcast a video clip of Han Hye Jin at her father's funeral and it was so sad to see her looking so devastated.  Understandably it will be some time before she can resume her work activities but I do hope she will be at the VIP premiere at least.

Yes it has been very heart breaking for me to see her in her such deep sorrow. I think it has been reported that although her father had been ill, the fast turn of events was unexpected so they didn't really expect him to go so fast and soon. I share her pain and sadness and can empathise with her, having lost my dad a few years ago too.

Wendy, sorry to hear about your loss.

Article mentioning Im Seulong's tweet about the OST recording:

http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=20055&idxType=News

2AM’s Lim Seulong continued to recover from his injury but showed no signs of slowing down with the 2AM member tweeting on November 5, “With my hyungs and Yoon Do Hyun senior! Recording for our movie OST.”

The picture showed a lineup of people including Bae Soo Bin, Jin Goo, Yoon Do Hyun and Lim Seulong as they recorded for the OST of the upcoming movie, 26 Years. Lim Seulong could be seen seated in a wheelchair in the front with his foot in a cast.

Lim Seulong sure is a hard worker!

Unquote

Seems like a nice young man as well ... 

culture.gif
November 7, 2012
Seoul searching: how politics plays out in South Korean cinema
Masquerade is only the latest example of the caustic social comment that seeps into the country's mainstream output
Posted by Phil Hoad The Guardian
"F****** bastards!" Not the kind of words you'd expect from a king's lips. Except the king – who's just been told a tale of shocking injustice suffered by one of his subjects – is not the king. In South Korea's new 17th-century period drama Masquerade, a court jester is put on the throne after the reigning monarch, Gwanghae, is drugged by his enemies. The clown's a dead spit for Gwanghae (they're both played by GI Joe dreamboat Lee Byung-hun), and his advisors are powerless to reproach his cheekier impulses in public, lest the secret slip and chaos engulf the kingdom. So the time of misrule begins. Except that this means, by the venal standards of the Joseon court, a time of proper rule.
Choo Chang-min's film achieved the critics-and-public double whammy in South Korea: six weeks in the No 1 spot; $76m (£48m) to date (second in 2012 only to the superb heist movie The Thieves); the seventh domestic film to pass 10 million admissions, 15 out of 22 possible gongs at the Daejong film awards, the country's Oscars equivalent. Bestselling novelist Lee Oi-soo suggested on Twitter that the film's parable – a spin on Mark Twain's The Prince and the Pauper – might even have some contemporary pertinence, with the Korean presidential election approaching in December: "Politicians in particular should pay attention to this movie, and citizens also ought to refer to it when thinking of what kind of president to elect." But Masquerade, with its fool catching the conscience of the king, is another great example of the caustic-flavoured political comment that so often seeps into the country's mainstream output.
Bong Joon-ho's The Host, another member of Korean cinema's 10m club from 2006, looked outwardly like a Hollywood monster-movie imitator, but it contained a series of sly digs at the US presence in the country; for example, it's an American scientist who dumps the chemicals that create the giant, galloping catfish in the Han river. It's hard to see that kind of abrasive humour making it into any noughties Hollywood counterpart, but it didn't come as a surprise to anyone who saw Bong's previous, 2003's Memories of Murder, which applied the same droll cuffing to the subject of policing standards under South Korea's 1980s military dictatorship.
Bong was at university during that decade, part of the politically active "386 generation" who campaigned for democracy in the country. Starting to hit their 30s in the 1990s – the era of the 386 computer chip, hence the name – they were also building directorial careers when the South Korean industry, under the guidance of the media conglomerates that boomed under a free market, turned towards US-style entertainment. Many of them – including Bong, Oldboy director Park Chan-wook and Kang Je-Gyu (of Shiri fame) – were graduates of the film courses at the 1980s metropolitan universities, which often spawned connoisseurs' cine-clubs; aesthetes, not activists, by conviction.
But a flinty politicised sensibility remained beneath the glossy surface of their later works – especially in the obsessive return to the north-south conflict driving the region's politics, and the mournful tone about its psychological cost, in mass-market films such as Shiri, Silmido and Taegukgi.
Park is an interesting figure because politics openly feature so little in his work (at least after his debut, JSA): no sarcastic asides or earnest outbursts anywhere. But maybe Oldboy can be seen as a traumatised reaction to South Korea's turbulent postwar political life. Its hero's apparently reasonless 15-year incarceration – charted at the start of the film in a series of televised public events from 1988, the first full year of liberal democracy, to 2003 – can be seen as a metaphor for a kind of collective blackout, or deliberate repression of past ordeals, in the new, neon, capitalist Korean republic. A wilful oblivion: the protagonist's name, Oh Dae-su, as he drunkenly harangues the police in the prologue, means "one day at a time".
But elsewhere, the repressed past keeps on piercing through. National Security, a film about the torture of democracy activist Kim Geun-tae in 1985, is due out in South Korea in a fortnight; about 90% of the film takes place inside the notorious Seoul interrogation room where he was electrocuted and waterboarded. The makers of 26 Years, an action-thriller about the massacre of pro-democracy groups in Gwangju in May 1980, recently announced that crowdfunding of $400,000 had finally enabled their production to get off the ground after a fruitless four-year search for investment (it opens at the end of the month). Apparently the script's revenge-obsessed premise – its protagonists try and assassinate military hardliner Chun Doo-hwan, who ruled the country from 1980 and 1988 and who still lives in disgrace in a Seoul suburb – was deemed too touchy.
It's that provocative showmanship, that charged populism, that makes South Korean mainstream cinema so distinctive and fascinating. Masquerade is on the gentler end of the scale, but there's something in its capricious mood switches – between a denigrating satire on the court mentality and a cue-the-string-section sentimental heroism familiar from 80 and 90s Hollywood – that shows it's still motivated by those sceptical instincts. Compare it with The King's Speech, which is also about the theatrics of political power but ultimately only out to reinforce them. The South Korean blockbuster, thrillingly unstable, is ready to toss them out of the window.

'26년' 한혜진 캐릭터 포스터 공개

기사입력 | 2012-11-09 08:56:03

534600_247264258735120_1749655606_n.jpg

한혜진 “26년 출연, 내가 왜 두려워해야 하는지 의문”[포토엔]  2012-11-09 09:14:50
222524_247264162068463_825960608_n.jpg
한혜진이 '26년' 촬영을 끝마친 소감을 전했다. 
매 작품마다 깊이 있는 연기를 선보였던 한혜진은 영화 '26년'에서 단발머리의 외형적인 변화를 넘어 복잡다단한 인물의 내면 심리를 깊이 있는 눈빛 연기로 표출하며 심미진 그 자체로 완벽하게 변신했다. 
한혜진은 '26년' 출연을 결정한데 대해 “확고한 자기 생각으로 죽음에 대한 두려움이 없는 점이 가장 마음에 들었다”며 “영화 촬영 현장에 갈 때마다 ‘정말 잘 선택했다, 안 했으면 어쩔 뻔했지’라고 생각했다”고 애정을 드러냈다. 
또 "(출연한 것에 대해) 왜 내가 두려워해야 하는지 의문이 들기도 했고 사람들이 이를 염려하고 걱정하는 현실이 슬프다"며 "'26년'이 앞으로 내가 평생 하게 될 작품들까지 포함해서 손에 꼽을 만큼 보람된 작품이 되지 않을까 하는 생각이 든다"고 작품에 대한 확신까지 밝혀 감동을 자아냈다.
한편 '26년'은 1980년 5월 광주의 비극과 연관된 조직폭력배, 국가대표 사격선수, 현직 경찰, 대기업 총수, 사설 경호업체 실장이 26년 후 바로 그날, 학살의 주범인 ‘그 사람’을 단죄하기 위해 작전을 펼치는 액션 복수극이다. 
한혜진은 이번 영화에서 1980년 광주에서 태어난 5.18 광주 민주화 운동으로 어머니를 잃고 그로 인해 후유증을 앓던 아버지마저 잃게 되는 등 불운한 삶을 살아가는 국가대표 사격선수 심미진으로 열연한다.
[뉴스엔 조연경 기자]
조연경 j_rose1123@ (source)
My heart is mixed as I post these images. As much as I would like to be excited about 26 Years, given the circumstances of what has happened recently,  these images only make me empathize with the pain and sorrow of Han Hye Jin as she grieves over the loss of her father. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope the movie will do very well and I am sure we will see in the character of Shim Mi Jin one of the best acted roles of Han Hye Jin.

wmpc, thank you so much for posting the character posters and for those cool pics posted by Namoo  Actors (so grateful to HHJ's agency for that). I understand your point of view, and feel for HHJ at such a difficult time for her.

Today, there's a short clip on Naver which contains footage we've seen before except for this :

http://movie.naver.com/movie/bi/mi/mediaView.nhn?code=47384&mid=19096#tab

26yearsbsb-1.jpg

Guest annieice

WMPC: wow I love those pictures, and HHJ facial expression... her eyes are telling the whole story, WOW, thank you so much
cynkdf: thank you for the clip :D

Thanks for the link to the 30 second trailer Cyn! I guess the 30 second slot may be used for TV slots where it may be more expensive to air the longer trailers. 
I love those stills posted by Namoo too annieice! You're right, HHJ's eyes seem to tell the whole story, they are so expressive and with so much emotion. Indeed the expression that our eyes are windows to our souls surely applies to HHJ. She has such beautiful eyes. In fact, her cafe/fan site -  http://cafe.daum.net/hellozang - is called Angel Eyes!  :)

26 Years is being featured in THE BIG ISSUE with this great cover! The magazine had previously featured Jin Goo and some months ago, also Han Hye Jin. It's an international publication to support the homeless or jobless. 
521750_297594033680320_253433606_n.jpg
404652_294802147292842_544689251_n.jpg

155275_281572445282479_132993457_n.jpg

wmpc, thanks so much, I was hoping to see the cover of Big Issue with the 26 Years awesome foursome! :)   I love love Big Issue Korea - they also featured recently Yoo Ji Tae (a fave of annieice)  on its cover.

Agree about HHJ's beautiful eyes.  

I am really excited about 26 Years' cast - made up of some seasoned, fine actors. Am looking forward to Im Seul Ong's acting as well - he seems like a  resilient young man who takes his craft (both singing and now, acting) seriously.

'  

Guest annieice

wmpc said:

I love those stills posted by Namoo too annieice! You're right, HHJ's eyes seem to tell the whole story, they are so expressive and with so much emotion. Indeed the expression that our eyes are windows to our souls surely applies to HHJ. She has such beautiful eyes. In fact, her cafe/fan site -  http://cafe.daum.net/hellozang - is called Angel Eyes!  :)

Archived