[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

We can tell right away if the story gonna be great... and YES..... it lived up to it's trailer... (TRAILER WAS FANTASTIC).... It's like I am watching a movie. It has the movie like feeling... the soundtrack... phew!!! .... Man I love love love.. LOVE IT!!!!!
When Youngie was pressing the bell .... my heart go THUMP THUMP THUMP.... I swear I can already feel the chemistry between JIS and SHG .... Imagine that... chemistry even when they were separated by a door.... :D .. (hik hik hik - Am I too much?)....

The way he held he :shudder: .. Come On Oh Soo... you can't never bluff a girl with that kind of hug.. It's not how a blood related brother held a sister... :D ... 
The CHEMISTRY is a blastttt..... already in love with the couple, I can't wait to see them kiss... kekekeke.. BTW I watched the movie.... it's sad.. :( .. and AIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA it's gonna be another sad sad sad drama...
I'm getting the 'feel' I used to get when I watch the oldskool drama - like WS, Piano, Bali, All In..... which was not in the recent drama... they STOPPED producing this type of drama a long time ago... I missed it.... 
Is it the music score? Is it the cinematography? .... I can't quite pin it out....it gave me this great melancholy feeling. I hope they can keep up the momentum.... this three episodes are so 'classy' ..... 
I love this type of plot... conman... bad guy.. obnoxious guy (but with tender heart :D).... Player.... and JIS is perfect..... and as of now I am shipping this couple... kekekkekekekekeke....... it's good sign you know cause I never like SHG paired with any other guy except my Main Man Rain... wahahaha.... 
THEY LOOK SO SO SO SO GOOD TOGETHER!!!
and O....M.....G ....... JIS is soooooooooooooooooo tall (and I have weak knees for tall, fair guy).... SHG need a ladder ... or she might end up having stiff neck.... I wonder if SHG suffer any pain in the neck you know she has to look up to him like all the time .... and O..oooo.... owwwwh!!!.... it's good that they made her character blind - she doesn't have to over work the muscle in her neck... kekekkekekekeke... PHEW!!!! .. I was so worried.... kekekekkekekeke... joke jokeeeeeeeeeeee....

yippe yay yeyyyy.... They are officially my new ship..... :D

Guest yellowumbrella

@Bambiina
Nice to see you again! and yes they are also my new ship!! together with Kim Bum and Eunji!!! wheewww let the ship sail!!

and here we gooo! the waiting game....to next week :((

I really just love this drama. Can I just say I am obsessed!. BEAUTIFUL cinematography, FABULOUS cast, AWESOME story. :x
My favorite part to a drama is watching how the OTP's fall in LOOVVEE....it just makes my heart flutter, *sigh* I can't wait to see OY and OS fall in love with each other....they are soooo good looking and have such great chemistry. ahhhh!!! I'm going to go crazy just waiting.
also, I freakin love how they style OS (LOVE.)

and goodness, Kim Bum and Eunji are awesome. Eunji is such a badass! and Kim Bum just makes my day, his character is so funny to me.

This year has aired really great melodramas, I'm so impressed.

well anyways, here is something for laughs...or.....entertainment (?) haha :)>-

155e6a92-9bae-4d71-bda2-b0a2d8ea648c_zps

Guest meaghanp

Honestly SBS has the best line up (at least I think) right now, between queen of ambition and TWTWB they are really starting off to a good year. One drama about revenge and a melo, I have high hopes for more of their up coming dramas this year. I can't wait to see how TWTWB's plays out and how OS and OY fall in love. 

I haven't watched episode 3 yet. Waahhhh I'm so excited for this drama :D
About the two rating systems,
This is what Mister X at the Vault wrote:

Both are inherently flawed systems for a variety of reasons (statistical pool is too conservative, limited, way too “urban” and skewed towards the market needs of advertisers rather than actually polling realistically, plus there’s the impact of DMB, Cable reruns, VODs and IPTV that’s not contextualized). BUT there is a significant difference when it comes to credibility. AGB started off in early 1992 and has been consistent over the years. TNS was embroiled in several fixing controversies, and the polling base is unrealistic (too skewed towards younger viewers, which is why certain trendies tend to do even up to 4-5% more than AGB), so they’re generally ignored by critics and — more importantly — advertisers. You only see TNS ratings mentioned by propaganda pieces when the rating reflects some kind of favorable position (compared to AGB results) or the hitting of key demographic goals (like a cable drama doing all right in the intended demos, which is what interests CJ rebranding-wise). For statistical purposes I always and only list the nationwide AGB, but what really counts is the 수도권 AGB ratings (that is, the greater Seoul metropolitan area including Incheon). That’s what advertisers look at. (Source: The Vault, in the comments section)

woww! i just finished watching episode 3 and i seriously cant wait for the next episode! now SBS shouldnt have spoiled us with 2 back to back eps sday coz now im wanting to see 4th episode straight away...its unfair,next wed seems like eon years away omo! anyways im totally loving the experience soo far,the drama is soo intriguing n im completely hooked on to it...

the characters in the drama are like puzzle fr us to be solved,almost all the characters are 3 dimensional n im finding it difficult to brand a particular one as evil or good..they are in shades of grey rather than black and white...especially oh young's legal guardian the secretary! well i can see shes bad but i feel there must be some intense reason fr her to do all this...it might not be just money,just my feeling...the lawyer seems good enuf,atleast fr now...the villain omg the villain,he totally gives me creeps..especially his smile*shudders*...

oh soo is basically a con man and his motive is to get money bt we can already see his hardened heart softening fr youngie...im really eager to see his total transfrmation...oh young,ahh shes very smart no dout,and also we saw shes nt tat trusting,well no surprises there considerng shes surrounded by really weird characters,and i like how she is independent and bold inspite of her shortcmngs! even i cried wen i saw the film in whch youngie as a kid cries and calls out fr her mother...aww poor her! and wats even more sad is tat she never got to see her real brother after tat..and itl be kinda interesting to see how oh soo and oh young's love story pans out frm hereon...kim bum's character is really cool n funny and i love their bromance and his interaction wd heesun!

as for the cast,they are splendid in their respective roles..its like every role is tailor made fr the person! and also im now officially a insung-hyekyo shipper!! im totally loving these two together! <3 also kimbum-eunji,sooo adorable<3

on the whole the drama is really interesting,addictive and i totally cant wait fr the next episode...twtwb fighting!!! :D

@yellowumbrella  anyeong Chinggu.... I was not in the mood to post lately.... just some random comment... half hearted comment.. and watch most of the drama halfheartedly .. a few drama started of great but after a few episodes it 'withered' ... 
I miss SHG so much (I mean watching her in a drama, I used to be sooooooo crazy of her.. obsess at one time :D) .... She is petite, adorable and VERY LOVABLE.... I watched her 'grow' over the years.... since autumn in the heart days.... before full house I use to pair her up with all lead she acted with (accept Kim Min Jong in Gaurdian Angel - He is far too old for her :D.. Nooooooooooooo KMJ fan... dun kill me for stating the FACT)... kekeke....
WonBin, SSH (ohhh.. I was having inner self war.... can't quite decide Won Bin or SSH.. then the All In days ... but I sorta made up my mind after Full House ... heeeeeee...:D ) anyway that is HISTORY.... kekekeke.... I guess I also 'grew' up...
She come along way.... her acting has matured... I love her character in TWTWB .... I love the -I-am-blind-but-I-am-not-dumb- character.... I silently cheer her every time she stood up for herself.... You Secretary Wang.. you don't play play with me.... I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST WINTER!.... you kill my dad .... 
God I love when she pull the -I-know-what-you-did-last-winter look...... so determine.. so brave.. YAY!!!!.....
Omo... I can't stop commenting.... of NO... I am gonna spam here.. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ria19the characters in the drama are like puzzle fr us to be solved,almost all the characters are 3 dimensional n im finding it difficult to brand a particular one as evil or good..they are in shades of grey rather than black and white...especially oh young's legal guardian the secretary! well i can see shes bad but i feel there must be some intense reason fr her to do all this...it might not be just money,just my feeling...the lawyer seems good enuf,atleast fr now...the villain omg the villain,he totally gives me creeps..especially his smile*shudders*...

Hee... at least the villain (what was his name? :D) .. We know he is bad.... he showed it.. what I am so so so worried it the legal guardian.... look so innocent but wicked on the inside.... - Killing err.... letting someone die (this is more correct) with the intention of killing that person... this is equal to murder... she's a murderer... and I think the intense reason for her to do this issssssssssssss MONEY ... and thank god Youngie has great instinct .... 
and Anyeong ria19 .... I hope the rating would do justice to TWTWB .... 

Guest yellowumbrella

@eva23

Hahahah! me too. i can now officially say that im a bit over with the Chunhye couple. Missing you drama made my months so crazy that I can think about it all day!! and this drama has a lot of ships to take my mind off Chunhye HAHAH!

@Bambiina
Yeah I agree with you. Song He Kyo delivers her character very well. I really love these mind games and u can say she is one smart and beautiful blind girl!

Mr Jo's and Ms Song's snarls and smirks are terribly quirky - Jo's tagline in ep1 (family? family?! and subsequently his laughter after ditching his girlfriend) Ms Song's smile while Mr Jo's saying "this is gonna be fun" (while Oh Young was undressing) 
This is quirky. Epic quirkiness. 

I love that HK's character in not a dummy.  She's lost her eyesight but not her instincts.  She can read those around her very well because her other senses have kicked in for the loss of her eyes. I think she knows he's not her brother but she's going to allow herself to be fooled into believing he is, whatever her reasons.  This is a great drama and the time just flew by.  

Kim Beom shows off his gentle smile on Wind Blows in Winter

February 15, 2013 11:30 am eternalc2h

311.jpg

Actor Kim Beom recently released some behind-the-scenes pictures of SBS TV’s drama series Wind Blows in Winter.

Kim is currently playing the role of Park Jin Sung, a short-tempered yet kind man who always follows Oh Soo (played by Jo In Sung) in the series.

In the pictures, Kim is preparing for the shooting of the series. He’s dressed in a dark brown suit, coordinating it with a brown scarf.

According to reports, Kim created a friendly mood on the set with his gentle smile unlike his bluffing character in the series.

In the third episode of the series that aired on February 14, Park Jin Sung and Moon Hee Sun (played by A Pink’s Jung Eun Ji) kiss on impulse, so their love story is also attracting a lot of attention from viewers.

The drama series Wind Blows in Winter tells a story about Oh Soo, who lives a meaningless life after getting abandoned by his parents and first love, and Oh Young (played by Song Hye Kyo), who lives a lonely life after becoming a blind. The series will give a message about hope and the value of love.

^^There’re so many good thoughts and insights in this thread . TWTWB is a drama that really captivated; the story, the cast and everything about it seem to be a perfection :x
That Winter Episode 3: Is Jo In Sung's Birth Date Mystery A Simple Mistake, Or A Chekhov's Gun?

fAihFd4.jpg

Oh Soo (Jo In Sung)’s mysterious mismatch between his driver’s license and the National ID card was spotted by the viewers.
Secretary Wang (Bae Jong-ok) goes through Oh Soo’s room while he was away, and finds his passport and driver’s license, along with his national ID card.
However, despite being recorded as being born in ’84, his driver’s license showed him as being born in ’79.
Oh Soo had forged his identity cards for his deception of Oh Yeong. However, his driver’s license showed Oh Soo’s true identity as himself. The viewers were left wondering whether the mismatch was a simple mistake in the developers’ part, or whether the mismatch is intended to be a Chekhov’s gun for the developers’ use later on.
Oh Soo, meanwhile, is under another danger as Oh Yeong’s fiancee Lee Myung-ho (Kim Yeong-hun) commissions Oh Soo’s DNA test, and Oh Soo fails in his attempt to exchange the DNA sample.
Credit:koreandrama.com

Guest yellowumbrella

Is it too early to make a Eunji and Kim Bum thread here? :))

Update :
I made a ship thread about our couple!
Dont worry Ill update the first page and title later!
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2014271/kim-bum-and-eunji-thread

i just finish episode 3 with sub and cant wait for next episode..this drama really addicted to me..the first time since im not into melodrama genre.the part scene what i like epi 3 is cry scene child youngie  in tape video.. very touching and sad..so heartbreaking.. :(( :(( i can feel the loneliness of OY..i never watch movie version and japan version..excellent job for SHK and JIS for comeback...