[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest OreoVampire

mamie said:

Do you have any favorite scene? The scene which you want to watch again and again, like more than 3 time, but still you smile, and laugh, and grin your self stupidly like crazy...  then again, you end up re watch it again and again? I have some. These are my favorite scenes

1. THE HOT KISS

2. I MISS YOU STALKER
watch?v=7_9UDrGcYwo&list=UU95fKJHu3V0K55
3. FIRST DATE MOMENT

4. GARDEN SCENE ( But I actually love all the scene took at the garden, except those with Wang bi so in)

5. Reunion scene

6. cutton candy kiss scene

7. Beach Scene

8. Forehead scene

9. The Running for Love scene ( OY said, Pabo, Its the same for me night or day )

10. Confession of flutter, Confession of Love

11. The Ice man Love scene

arri14 said: @mamie I can never get enough of watching the cake-baking scene. There are so many "awwwwwww" moments in that scene alone; the backhug, whisperings in the ear, the food fight ahhhhhhh they're so playful. I laugh everytime I see OS getting jealous of the fake fiancee (don't know his name that's how much attention i paid to him) when OY mentions that she got a present for someone she loves, u can see JIS's sexy smirk thinking it's for him but when OY says it's not him poor thing he was so disappointed hahaha

Guest jjsweeter0211

[interview] Kim Bum, the Boy with the Man′s Eyes

2013-04-21 11:00  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld An So Hyounicon_copy_1.gifTranslation Credit : Erika Kim  

Kim Bum started off on his career just the way any other actor would. He first appeared in sitcoms and dramas for younger age groups, slowly gathering attention for his looks and aura.

Everything that followed, however, made him completely different.

Because he was eager to become a good actor, he chose to go a road different from the ones usually taken by actors of his age. Though he boasted a great presence in trendy dramas, he started taking supporting roles in high-quality, tightknit pieces.

His experiment turned out to be a success.

After staying with screenwriter Noh Hee Kyung for Padam Padam and That Winter, the Wind Blows, he managed to step closer to his dream of becoming a true actor and more than a mere star.

28531482.jpg

"I think I became too stubborn after Boys Over Flowers. I was young, and I wanted to change my image. I still love the So Yi Jung role, and I think I was lucky to have met him, but he was like a double-edged sword. I rushed into my next piece. It wasn′t that successful, and after getting through more such pieces, I took a year off and then came across Padam Padam. It ran on a general service channel, and viewership ratings-wise it was pretty depressing. To me, however, it was the happiest piece ever. Thanks to it I got to appear in That Winter, and that brought me more viewership ratings."

He became one of Noh Hee Kyung′s favorites by appearing in two of her pieces in a row, and she in return showed her trust in the actor, sending personal love calls to Kim Bum for That Winter.

"I was so thankful. I was able to mature through Padam Padam, and my values changed. I was able to repay [Noh Hee Kyung] for all she had done for me through That Winter, and I made the decision to appear in it even before the script was out.

There′s a line in Padam Padam that says, ′A miracle doesn′t have to make a dead person live again while the earth shakes and the sky cracks; what helped us meet here like this and talk with each other was also a miracle.′ I keep learning what that meant as I continue to work with writer Noh [Hee Kyung]. I′ve learned that people and the times we are together are more precious than ratings."

34136004.jpg

Kim Bum said his biggest gain from That Winter was "its people." He tightened his ties with Noh Hee Kyung and director Kim Gyu Tae, and got to know Zo In Sung, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Tae Woo and A Pink′s Jung Eun Ji.

"I′m so happy because I′ve gotten to know so many people. [Zo] In Sung hyung (big brother) is at the center of it all. Even now when I think about it, I can′t believe it, and I feel like laughing out loud. I have a lot to learn from him and he′s a great big brother. Someday I want to be a senior like him. I′ve often heard that I look like him since I was little, and my mother likes him too. (Laugh) I liked him from even before we entered this piece together with good roles, and I think that′s what helped me get along with him.

I was actually worried about [Jung] Eun Ji because she′s much younger and she′s an idol, but I learned she′s very enthusiastic toward acting and that she′s smart. She played her role perfectly."

Kim Bum took on the role of Jin Sung, a loyal man who frequently gets involved in fights and gambling. In the role, he was told his acting had also matured, and that the role fit him well.

The actor who seemed he would be a boy forever had become a man through That Winter.

"I keep thinking of the disappointments in my acting when I think back on it. I think I looked okay merely because the seniors, the script and directing were great. I couldn′t really concentrate in the beginning of the drama, so I kept apologizing to the writer and director. Whenever I did that, [writer Noh] showed me her trust.

Jin Sung and I are actually pretty similar. We can′t lie, and we′re really straightforward and have short tempers. Jin Sung′s existence was meant for the 16th episode, but I′m sad it didn′t turn out the way I wanted it to. I had to stab Oh Soo (Zo In Sung) with a knife and I was in tears since that morning, but on set the emotions wouldn′t come so easily."

Even though the piece was over he kept talking about what he could have done better. It seemed his passion toward acting had grown with That Winter.

He said he hoped his next piece would follow soon.

"I′ve been in a lot of roles that are out-of-the-ordinary. I′ve been an angel and a psychometrist. I′m attracted to roles that look challenging. I was able to satisfy my thirst for such roles thanks to the many great pieces I′ve been in. Still, I know a lot of fans like how I looked in Boys Over Flowers. I know what the public wants from me, so I think I′ll take that into consideration in my next piece. I want to be an actor that isn′t limited to a certain genre. I read almost all of the scenarios and scripts that don′t come my way, too. I hope I find a good piece soon."

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan

Guest luluwannagohome

Why were there even many guys watching our OTP kissing, huh??Tsk tsk tsk... Find yourself a girlfriend..

Oh Soo oppa is piggyback ride giver, forehead kisser, potato soup chef, tear wiper, hot stalker, passionate kisser, and etc, but he is one heck of a face grabber/toucher/holder  :D . There were countless scenes where Oh Soo grabs/touches/holds, well more of grabbing Oh Young's face. There were 4 kiss scenes that Oh Soo grabs/holds Oh Young's face before he kisses her, well these were due to her blindness that he has to hold her face so he could kiss her, but boy is he a face grabber  :)).

ohsoo_ohyoung_O2collage.jpg

This is my not so great artwork :)).

With all Oh Soo's grabbing Oh Young's face and kissing Oh Young's lips, her face and lips are safe and sound after the drama concluded, she needs her face and lips for her next movie, Laneige cfs, and etc. :D and as for Oh Soo's face being whacked by Oh Young's walking stick and slapped by Oh Young and many others, it is still in one piece to the end, thank goodness :)).

[Cut from Interview] Song Hye Kyo "I often meet Writer Noh Hee Kyung and we chat for 6 hours

What kind of relationship does an actor and writer have? Sometimes it’s that of a teacher and pupil, or they even become friends and enemies.

For Actress Song Hye Kyo, who has worked with Writer Noh Hee Kyung in the 2008 KBS 2 TV drama, Worlds Within (Hereafter Worlds), and in the recently concluded, That Winter, The Wind Blows (hereafter That Winter), she has formed an extraordinary relationship with the writer.

“On that day, I met Writer Noh and we chatted lightly. But, Writer Noh started talking about the project. When I listened to Writer Noh talking about it, at first I did not understand. I wondered ‘Why does Writer-nim want to do a re-make? I do not thoroughly understand Writer-nim’s point of view’ so, of course, I asked.”

That Winter is a rebirth of the 10 part Japanese drama that aired in 2003, I Don’t Need Love, Summer. It was also remade into a popular Korean movie, so Korean fans were already well aware of the drama’s material and directing.

“Writer-nim showed confidence as she told me, ‘Let’s try it.’ She also said, ‘I’m going to create a project that is totally different from the previous work. I will create a project that many people can enjoy and that will draw the public in.’ Then I answered, ‘Okay, then I only believe in Writer-nim and Director-nim, and will follow along.’”

Truthfully, even before Writer Noh wrote the script for That Winter, she kept Song Hye Kyo in mind. When she was creating the character of Oh Young, she occasionally saw the cynical expression that Song Hye Kyo made as her character in Worlds Within and used that basis in her creation.

“Writer Noh said she would say to herself, ‘Did Song Hye Kyo have this kind of expression?’ It’s the sharp expression I did, she said it would be good if you could execute that kind of expression in the drama.”

Song Hye Kyo also explained, “It seems she cast me to fill what was missing in the character during Worlds. For this project, writer-nim wanted to fully create cinematic quality and character.”

“When the project finished and I heard such praise as ‘The rediscovery of Song Hye Kyo’s acting,’ It felt really good. I never once monitored myself and thought I did well. But, it was great I was able to show the mystery vibe inside me that I wasn’t able to express previously.”

That Winter was the result of a blend of affection and trust towards each other.

For Song Hye Kyo, Noh Hee Kyung wanted to fill the gaps that were left out in the original work, while also giving her a character she could dress. In a work that she didn’t quite understand herself, Song Hye Kyo just believed in Noh Hee Kyung and followed along to the best of her ability.

Their affection and trust made an already glorious work into an even more beautiful ‘That Winter.’ Like the wind of Song Hye Kyo, it will linger long in our memory and be remembered as a drama that touched our hearts.

Source:  Sports Donga
Translated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net 

After reading this article, I think writer Noh must know everything happened to SHK last few years. I admire their relationship which is so special and precious. I recall some parts which might reflect SHK's real experience :((

Episode 4 - Argument between O2 where OY refused to attend the gathering

Episode 15 - OY's dialogue during O2's conversation on sofa

Hye Kyo, FIGHTING!! =D> =D> =D>

Am I the only one who thinks what OY said in ep 10 (at which O2 went down the stairs before our female lead fainted) was somehow like SHG's story (That Man went for military service and left her facing the crazy media all by herself)...?
66131162.png

12727307.jpg
cr to sbs 

My heart burst out thinking that SHG might have felt the same as OY, her eyedrops were heartbreaking and her act was so moving to me.
I hope my post wont offend anyone becos I never mean to :DIt's good to see how this thread keeps on going :) u guys r awesome <3

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "“That Winter, The Wind Blows” Essay Book To Be Released

kimdebbie April 21, 2013
“That Winter, The Wind Blows” Essay Book To Be Released

If you loved watching the highly acclaimed drama series, “That Winter, The Wind Blows,” you’re going to want the photo essay book!

The creators of “That Winter, The Wind Blows” have compiled still cuts from your favorite scenes onto glossy pages of a photo book for your viewing pleasure. Some of the photos to be included in the publication have already been pre-released to the public to generate some buzz. One of the photos show Jo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo walking on the beach together during wintertime and the other shows the two sharing a kiss beneath blooming cherry blossom trees. 

The photo essay book hopes to offer fans another way to revisit the heartbreakingly beautiful story of Oh Soo and Oh Young. What scenes would you like to see included in the photo essay book?

that-winter-essay-book.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2013/04/21/that-winter-the-wind-blows-essay-book-to-be-released/

@marlin

lol. We're all waiting for a special segment on TWTWB epilogue or some fairytale continuation of Oh Soo and Youngie after all the hurt and sufferings. Currently, dreaming. :)

Hoping that writer Noh will work on another beautiful story with less pain and more romance for our 2 awesome TWTWB leads, JIS and SHK. And it better be more episodes this time round to satisfy our cravings for the O2 couple simply beause their chemistry rockz! Like never before, for me. I really miss TWTWB. It's barely 3 weeks since it ended but the longing for JIS and SHK goes on. Maybe I can hope for a Part 2?  lol.

th_WW_zps5a701664.png

Guest bumblinglump

bbvvip said: [Cut from Interview] Song Hye Kyo "I often meet Writer Noh Hee Kyung and we chat for 6 hours

What kind of relationship does an actor and writer have? Sometimes it’s that of a teacher and pupil, or they even become friends and enemies.

For Actress Song Hye Kyo, who has worked with Writer Noh Hee Kyung in the 2008 KBS 2 TV drama, Worlds Within (Hereafter Worlds), and in the recently concluded, That Winter, The Wind Blows (hereafter That Winter), she has formed an extraordinary relationship with the writer.

“On that day, I met Writer Noh and we chatted lightly. But, Writer Noh started talking about the project. When I listened to Writer Noh talking about it, at first I did not understand. I wondered ‘Why does Writer-nim want to do a re-make? I do not thoroughly understand Writer-nim’s point of view’ so, of course, I asked.”

That Winter is a rebirth of the 10 part Japanese drama that aired in 2003, I Don’t Need Love, Summer. It was also remade into a popular Korean movie, so Korean fans were already well aware of the drama’s material and directing.

“Writer-nim showed confidence as she told me, ‘Let’s try it.’ She also said, ‘I’m going to create a project that is totally different from the previous work. I will create a project that many people can enjoy and that will draw the public in.’ Then I answered, ‘Okay, then I only believe in Writer-nim and Director-nim, and will follow along.’”

Truthfully, even before Writer Noh wrote the script for That Winter, she kept Song Hye Kyo in mind. When she was creating the character of Oh Young, she occasionally saw the cynical expression that Song Hye Kyo made as her character in Worlds Within and used that basis in her creation.

“Writer Noh said she would say to herself, ‘Did Song Hye Kyo have this kind of expression?’ It’s the sharp expression I did, she said it would be good if you could execute that kind of expression in the drama.”

Song Hye Kyo also explained, “It seems she cast me to fill what was missing in the character during Worlds. For this project, writer-nim wanted to fully create cinematic quality and character.”

“When the project finished and I heard such praise as ‘The rediscovery of Song Hye Kyo’s acting,’ It felt really good. I never once monitored myself and thought I did well. But, it was great I was able to show the mystery vibe inside me that I wasn’t able to express previously.”

That Winter was the result of a blend of affection and trust towards each other.

For Song Hye Kyo, Noh Hee Kyung wanted to fill the gaps that were left out in the original work, while also giving her a character she could dress. In a work that she didn’t quite understand herself, Song Hye Kyo just believed in Noh Hee Kyung and followed along to the best of her ability.

Their affection and trust made an already glorious work into an even more beautiful ‘That Winter.’ Like the wind of Song Hye Kyo, it will linger long in our memory and be remembered as a drama that touched our hearts.

Source:  Sports Donga
Translated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net 

After reading this article, I think writer Noh must know everything happened to SHK last few years. I admire their relationship which is so special and precious. I recall some parts which might reflect SHK's real experience :( 

Episode 4 - Argument between O2 where OY refused to attend the gathering

Episode 15 - OY's dialogue during O2's conversation on sofa

Hye Kyo, FIGHTING!! =D> =D> =D>

Guest Jade1430292491

it's my first time participating a forum but i regularly visited this thread to check every details of this drama.been a long time fan of k-dramas but this is the first time that i am investing too much effort just to keep track of every delightful bits that revolves around TWTWB..Thanks for sharing all those entertaining posts....fighting!!!!

Guest sunshine4ever

@h0ns_niech, welcome back. :D

I got to rewatch 1/2 of episode 4 last night. Wah. So awesome. So I finally understood why Young cared about what she wore. She told Soo that she didn't know what was pretty or not. I think because she couldn't see so she trusted Soo for his opinions. That was why she decided to wear what he preferred at one time in episode 8 for her company's party/event because in this scene below Soo said to Young that she looked pretty when he took her to the store and get dressed. :D Then after that he took her to her high school reunion (not sure if that's high school reunion, but she was meeting up with Jung Woo). Oh goodness, the looks on Soo's face when he saw Young talking and laughing with Jung Woo was classic. I think Soo had feelings for Young starting this episode when he saw Young and Jung Woo talking to each other. ^^

I love the sofa scene that both Soo and Young were sitting together and talking.
1zn0dtx.jpg

25kif0l.jpg
1et07k.jpg
I think the reason why OY paid attention much to OS here was because it might be one of those few instances/times where she actually got taken out to the mall or store to try out her clothings? Maybe she used to not do this. Like maybe SW bought those clothes for her and had her wear them without her acknowledging whether they are pretty for her or not. She told Soo this and he was laughing.

Then she came out after he asked her to try on clothes....
10ypg5f.jpg

And look at his face!
2ef5bmh.jpg