[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest ayani

wlst said: just to throw in my 2cents worth
(1) OS died- for obvious reasons, one will not simply visit someone with flowers for no apparent reason. - judging from how he collapsed on the roof, i don't think there is any way he could have lived. (i mean look at JIS's face!)
(2) OY's operation is a success and she regained her eyesight- the screen titles says something about "next spring" or something so we can see she is definitely alive and kicking- at the cafe when she talked to the blind boy, notice how her eyeball actually moved to look at the boy. previously when she was blind, her eyeball never moves. instead when she wants to "look" at someone, she turns her head to face that person.

<snip>

so yup, long post. 
But the ride has been fun. :D

This is what I love about TWTWB in each episode came out, we had this amazing discussion in interpreting this show..
As I like to search and read, I find there are many bloggers speak out their thought not only a forum like this, which again for me amazing.. 
If someone want to make a thesis, or make this drama as their final task, I believe it will be many to write.. Now, how great that will be if the writer and the casts give their interpretation for this work.. 
 Really wish that will happen

Guest diamond2212

haha i think ome ppl are pissed off why SHK never opened her mouth while kissing JIS, aigoo i think u guys alr forgot that her character is blind, she cant even see anything so she cant open her mouth n say ''oh, c'mon, baby, im waiting for your lips'' LOL cos OY is blind so OS is always the one who leads the kiss XD, btw if u look at the lips, they do kiss in rite way XD upper lip over upler up n lower lip over lower lip, well if u know what i mean n look closerly, i think SHk does responce to that kiss XD LOLOLOL

Another couple of points about whether Soo is dead or alive: - HS no longer works at a flower shop, she is living out in the country working on the farm. Getting flowers would take a conscious effort, they would have to be bought, a trip made to the site - this is all something you do when visiting a grave. It can't be a death anniversary thing for Young's real brother because he died in the winter. - All along, JS and HS have been shown to be fairly shallow and self-absorbed, except for JS's desperate loyalty. Sorry, I can easily see them getting along just fine with life on the farm, with especially HS just forgetting about Soo a lot of the time. There are plenty of people out there like that. As for JS having to go to jail if he really killed Soo - no, he would naturally just run away, and it would be another unsolved case. Who is going to try and prosecute him? - No one, because there is no one to speak up for Soo, not now and not ever. And can I just say that JS is one of the lousiest friends of all time? Really, he could think of no other solution than to stab Soo? Really? - Some people have pointed out that Wang told Young where Soo was. Well, we don't see Wang actually say this, we just get Young spinning out her tale. If she can dream up all of the conversations about fairy tales and lying in bed together, she can certainly imagine a scenario that lets them meet again. There is NO ONE who interacts with Soo after we see him sprawled, dead-eyed and still, on that rooftop. Young, though, does interact with others and so I think she is alive.

edensor said: My big confusion is one. Why they make the screen blurrrrrrrr...???What for? From Youngie pov? Then it supposed to be only what Youngie see not all...Except its her imagination?OR...the last scene before it fot blurry is Oh Soo lied down freez with open eyed after he got stab right?Is it his dying view? His dream? Because before he still tried to move -to go to Youngie- but then fall.
I wish I have satisfied reason for the blurry screen.
XDDD think about this make me crazyXDDD Better off for now. Lets see tomorrow when I have my own conclusion.

Guest jmfrani

OKAY I'm not yet 100% sure on board that the ending scene was real. I know you guys would think I'm crazy who still can't decide what is what. Sorry the only solution that I could think of is either I'll have a chat with writer Noh hee kyung tomorrow or she will release a brief statement regarding the ending. I'll go with the latter. Hahaha! Lol I need a breather.

Guest chokogom

About the kiss, firstly...JIS...you are too cruel,, why not kiss all of us and make it fair? Anyways, about SHK, she's playing a blind girl, who has really never been kissed ( mutually willingly) How is she supposed to know how to kiss like oh soo? She's been blind since she was young. If we all were in her shoes and had never seen anyone kiss passionately, would we know what to do? It's not like she's had much in way of opportunities to practice. No doubt with oh soo in her life she will get better but too bad, story has ended. Though I understand, the whole "G" rated kissing on Korean tv rule is a little unrealistic like, in this instance it is warranted, given the characters background and story.....

Guest park_shindae

hahaha this thread is on fire! well, combining all our insights, opinions, povs, about the ending, we can come up with a final one: it has a funny ending! oh soo died, and youngie imagined things. but they needed a medium, which is our waitress/shaman. but youngie died too since she only got 10% chance. the restaurant near the cherry blossom trees, is a haunted one, since they only serve ghost visitors. @_@

The blurry scenes seemed to make everyone confused. 
What writer Noh wants us to see is a glimpse of Youngie's vision at that point of time.
From the screen of her in the taxi till she meets Oh Soo, that is how clear/blurry her vision is. 
It's not meant to be "dream" like. It's more of how much she can see. 
She still touches things as if she's blind. But that is how she knows what is what. Touching and remembering....

Guest yellowumbrella

wlst said:

just to throw in my 2cents worth

(1) OS died- for obvious reasons, one will not simply visit someone with flowers for no apparent reason. - judging from how he collapsed on the roof, i don't think there is any way he could have lived. (i mean look at JIS's face!)

(2) OY's operation is a success and she regained her eyesight- the screen titles says something about "next spring" or something so we can see she is definitely alive and kicking- at the cafe when she talked to the blind boy, notice how her eyeball actually moved to look at the boy. previously when she was blind, her eyeball never moves. instead when she wants to "look" at someone, she turns her head to face that person.

so yup, long post. 

But the ride has been fun. :D

Great post, wlst.  :) All of these factors, plus the fact that Young-ie can see at all (RP is a degenerative disease which has no cure) convinces me that it's a sad ending, or at best an open one. But I still don't regret watching this drama. :)

And sorry o pop those dream bubbles but i cant imagine a brain tumor patient being able to walk like that easily i mean there must be some paralysis or i dont know and the possibility if surviving like the dr. Said was 5-10%. Imho only.