[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sunshine4ever

@kikay14, I know how you feel...kekeke....I did not like episode 1 too much because our lead lady didn't have a lot of screen times although I like the lead gentleman also. ^^ But then I realized episode 1 was out to introduce all the characters so that was why. I haven't been complaining since episode 1, keke, so I think the scriptwriter/director did a great job so far in planning out their story. Although the story is about Oh Soo's love and it could turn out to be his story to tell, but I'm glad that Oh Young has a lot of screen times also. I really enjoy watching Oh Young and Oh Soo's interactions together and I'm glad they give us a lot each episode. Just that it's ending soon and I feel so sad already since episode 10 is reaching. That means only 3 more weeks and our drama ends.

-EDIT-
I think both of us can talk more freely about Jo In Sung & Song Hye Kyo in their individual thread. I don't ship couple in real life so you won't be seeing me in couple shippers forum for both of them, but hope to see you in their individual thread one day. -edit again- @kikay14, awesome. I lurk a lot in both thread, but you just write and I'll respond any time because I bookmarked their threads. ^^ I only post news, keke, and then dash off. But I think I have been in Hye  Kyo's thread more than necessary because of TWTWB. Her fans are awesome. I love them, so I just hung out there even though I remained silent most of the time. Then again I am also quiet in JIS's thread.

i've read some netizens are uncomfortable with 'too much' skinship between the O2, despite we're totallyknew that they are the fake siblings.. i feel bad for the writer because received some unpleasing comments like this.

but somehow, i understand their points of view... it's impossible that siblings will act that way... sleeping together, kisses, back hug esp during the baking cake scene... i'm glad that the uncomfortable feelings actually shows that they are concern about the 'moral ethics'...

for the director/scriptwriter, they are carefully plan about showing the gestures between the O2 as to avoid any negative comments.. they need the skinship scene because believe me, no skinship, the story will definitely boring.. lame..

i understand Youngie's situation... she's been longing for her beloved mom and brother.. trapped in her beautiful and sweet childhood memories... growing up without a real man's affection/love,made her confused and not fully understand on how to treat a man.. that's how she's acting that way and asked her fake oppa to teach her...

as for oh soo, he realized he's not her real brother.. i think it's logicand acceptable if he's acting sweet towards youngie.. afterall, he's slowly has falling in love with youngie

i just hope that oh soo tell youngie the truth.. the truth about his fake, about he came to her lifebecause of money, and of course telling the truth about his real feelings.. about real oh soo death, i somehow hope that the truth will come out later after both are madly in love.. because i believe if yongie's know the truth all at once, pheewwwwe... she surely can't handle it..

i'm now patiently waiting for the next ep.. which i hope the end of this story will not let me down..

i wonder if they have finish filming the drama.. i've read that kimbum has completed his shooting in this drama..

Guest marlin

he make her laugh ALOT. do u think they will date for real?

123201394813207.gif

i really like SHK and acutally i wish she find a perfect cute partner for her real life , and maybe HE is the one >:D<

^^gyo insung, i second with you about the skinship :\"> .  But i still enjoy it so far, perhaps we know they are fake siblings ? and i am looking forward the upcoming eps though i know we have to prepare for box of tissues, wanna her to know he isn't her real oppa so we can have a real romance.

I dun think they are done with filming, they just start their filming for ep 13 for 1 week ago and ep 16 is still at writer Noh's hand...so i doubt KB finishs with his part.

SW looks obvious envious at this scene.
314e251f95cad1c8f512af0.png
bd315c6034a85edfbb6aad0.png
baidu

Random thought:  If Noh wanted an alternate ending (J-dorama: happy ending/both lived, K-movie: both died), she could kill off only one of them, more likely OS. It would be a bittersweet ending if OS died before OY regained her sight so she would only be able to finally see his face in a picture.

Even though we haven't gotten the kiss scenes yet, I am super thankful for all the skinship between the O2 couple! Nice job to the director and writer for being able to create such a nice and beautiful relationship between the two of them, and SHK & JIS definitely played a huge role since they have such amazing chemistry together... So thank you to the actors for such great acting and looking so good together :-bd

Guest kdramafanusa

Fans living in Southern California, you can catch 'That Winter. The Wind Blows' (english subbed) every Wednesday and Thursday night (9:15pm-10:30pm) on LA 18.1 (KSCI-TV / LA 18) starting this Thursday March 14th. :) http://www.la18.tv/Guide.htm

Guest kikay14

scout said: Random thought:  If Noh wanted an alternate ending (J-dorama: happy ending/both lived, K-movie: both died), she could kill off only one of them, more likely OS. It would be a bittersweet ending if OS died before OY regained her sight so she would only be able to finally see his face in a picture.

@utkim, yeah... me too.. i actually enjoy their skinship.. i'm totally amazed, crazy about them.. sometimes the O2 makes me in auwwwwwww situation... :))
as a fan that totally hooked in this drama, all i want is more and more sweet and romantic scene between them... and i actually doesn't give a damn about their fake sibling as long as they feed me with the most passionate liplock scene =))
but it'll be awkward to see them kissing passionately while they are still in 'siblings' relationship... so please PD, enough with this brother-sister relationship..i can't stand it anymore... X( :D

some of the viewers feels uncomfortable despite knowing that Oh Soo is not Youngie's real brother... hmmm :-?

about the pics.. sec wasng is obviously jealous about the relationship between mother and daughter... too bad her action (not letting Youngie receive the treatment) caused Youngie in more pathetic, dangerous situation..  :(

Guest brokenmachine

Don't understand why people would have a problem with this sibling relationship. I thought the writers explained it well through the drama that Youngie is blind (limited experiences in life and requires more assistance than your average little sister) and rather naive in terms of relationship with others. While she is aware that people had motives and trust issues, she is clueless when it comes to relationships (love or family-wise).
People who thinks this touches morals are really just being picky.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: asiaone Showbiz
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20130311-407667.html

Good and bad of new Korean soaps

subtitle_bg_line.gifBy Benson Ang

The New Paper {Singapore}
Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013

20130311113824winterblo.jpg

Presenting two new Korean dramas - both of which are still being aired in Korea.

But if you are pressed for time, I'd stick with That Winter, The Wind Blows, which premieres next week.

With a title that makes me want to wrap myself up in a scarf, I expected this show to leave me cold.

Despite its emo wind-based title, it blew me away.

It is well-paced, finely-acted and not afraid to explore the characters' darker sides.

Too often, Korean dramas flutter around will-they-won't-they situations.

They don't linger, they loiter.

You can skip entire episodes and the plot won't have moved at all.

Not this drama.

It's clear from the start that no relationship here is as simple as they seem.

The male anti-hero is Oh Soo (played by Jo In Sung), who is all sorts of horrible.

He's a gambler, womanizer and con-artist who lusts for the good life.

He's also cruel, rash and got into two fights in the first episode alone.

He's great!

He may not have any redeeming qualities, but he's a refreshing change from the boring warriors and scholars that pollute the genre.

It'll be fun watching this hooligan, even if convention means he has to soften.

Then there's Oh Young (played by actress Song Hye Kyo), who I assume will eventually become his love interest.

She's sole heir to a giant conglomerate until - and here's the plot, folks - Oh Soo cons his way into her life by pretending to be her long-lost brother.

Identity theft is as common in Korean drama as amnesia is in US soaps, but this plot injects a touch of believability because Oh Young is blind.

He's bad, she's blind and I can't wait to see how this relationship will unfold.

It's fun to watch the characters unleash their ugly side against the lush Korean landscape.

And then there's King of Ambition - the other drama being screened.

Here, a driven woman, Da Hae (played by Soo Ae), stops at nothing to crawl her way from poverty into wealth and power - even betraying the man who is hopelessly in love with her, Ha Ryu (played by Kwon Sang Woo).

It's a strong set-up, but it's been marred by incredibly weak execution.

And no prizes for spotting the disconnect between title and subject.

How is this woman the King Of Ambition?

Unless there's a huge shock coming in later episodes.

Speaking of drag, the first episode does just that, with its extraneous dialogue and repeated shots.

Just as confusing is that for no reason, some of these shots are even upside down.

Minutes are filled with the couple twirling around, blissfully smiling at each other whenever something good happens to them.

Time... has... never... passed... so... slowly.

If I had a dollar for every one of these "good times", I would have the wealth that Da Hae desires.

It also doesn't help that the show's conspiracies and coincidences can be spotted coming from a mile away.

Well, apart from one instance (spoiler alert!).

I would never have thought that the ruthless and immoral Da Hae's ultimate plan involved becoming the First Lady of Korea.

It's preposterous plotting like that that would make this show unmissable, should they ditch the pretty faces and eternally spinning cameras.

For these two K-dramas, winter wins and ambition ambushes itself.

That Winter, The Wind Blows premieres on Wednesday at 8.55pm on One (SingTel mio TV Ch 513 and 604, StarHub Ch 823, 876 and 124).

King Of Ambition airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 8.55pm, also on One.

tnplogo.jpg

Guest kyoforever

i hate to say this but i think they r both going to die... i dont want a sad ending....pls. writer noh dont let them die...i am begging you! [-O< [-O< [-O<

Guest kikay14

@brokenmachine  maybe the reasons are:
1.  the koreans are aware of the jdrama version and they tend to compare it because in the jdrama, there are no skinships, even kissing scenes.  just hug in the end.2.  maybe a propaganda because they didn't expect NHK to top the ratings.  they are jealous of the attention the viewers are giving to TWTWB.3.  their biases of course matters.4.  they didn't use their intellect while watching, you pointed it out already that the drama already gave reasons why there are skinships.5.  they are just nitpicking because it's hard to see flaws in this drama lmao.
my opinion:  
NHK said in the press conference that she was not able to see  OS' journey of falling in love with OY in the past versions.  So she wondered how he fell in love with her,and  the story will focus on the HOW.  Then the rest of course is following the original with twists that she incorporated.  So, for the citizens to react that way, I think the writer explained herself very well and we are given info about it while watching, I don't see a point why they tend to be uncomfortable of the scenes.  Anyway, their reactions were so late already cause OS' con will be out in the open in the preceding episodes and we will get rid of the fauxcest.
I watched the jdrama version and loved it but I really cannot pinpoint when did Atsuro fell in love with Hirosue.  The jdrama is so good that the kmovie(love me not) pales into comparison....but TWTWB injects a new vibe to this old story and it explores the characters even more than the jdrama.  
EDIT:  the jdrama was in 2002 and it is already 2013.  Gone were the days when we are conservative and not touchy duh.

^ kikay14, I have only read 1 report about this issue, it isn't a big deal  ;)

This report says something about twtwb captivated viewers 's hearts
1217262121860800030.jpg
http://www.nocutnews.co.kr/Show.asp?IDX=2430571
http://www.obsnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=695271

@kikay14: I'd go with 2, 3 and 5....Some just can't sit still and watch others do well..I won't be surprise if other broadcast station is behind this articles..It's just one of the dirty tricks in show business..To nitpick and find things that can hinder ones success..I'm not surprise that this issue came up since the other two competition is pulling in a single digit in ratings..but then again I hope I'm wrong and it's just that viewers are really engrossed with That Winter that they notice everything from this drama.. :) 

Guest kikay14

and I would like to add:  Jin sung said " It's as if they slept with their clothes off, so what the heck!  In our house, we are like that."  This just proves that even without skinships our OTP's chemistry is just SIZZLING, what more will they say when they get to see our couple kissing, much better having a bed scene(with clothes off) =))

Guest marlin

brokenmachine said: Don't understand why people would have a problem with this sibling relationship. I thought the writers explained it well through the drama that Youngie is blind (limited experiences in life and requires more assistance than your average little sister) and rather naive in terms of relationship with others. While she is aware that people had motives and trust issues, she is clueless when it comes to relationships (love or family-wise).
People who thinks this touches morals are really just being picky.

Guest kyoforever

they r just jealous people....bcoz they know they cant reach the popularity of TWTWB right now. so, to all those haters...take this... 8-} >:P :-@