[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

@kawaiiyuki,

I am sure they would not have met. SW kept them from meeting each other again. I'm also very curious about her fishy "things," such as why she kept the letters from her and why she told OY that the letters were to be kept from OY based on the Chariman's demands?

@thunderman1 - I think that was a lie (that the Chairman asked Wang to keep OS's letters from her) because the Chairman told Attorney Jang to find his son and to never let OY be lonely. Why would he on the one hand - tell Wang to keep OS's letters from her but on the other hand, send Jang searching for OS? 
As far as Wang, we also can't forget she LET the Chairman die. She just stood there and let him die. I have no idea why but in my book, that's murder. (or negligent homicide?) 

Also, is anyone curious on why Secretary Wang keeps wanting OY to marry Myung Ho? Could Myung Ho be OY's son?  I don't know why but I keep on bringing up possible reasons why Secretary Wang is still hanging around OY...This is a melodrama and I haven't seen anything too mellow yet...

@tessieroo, what's even worse is that it is my teenage daughters that I am trying to explain this to. But then, they decided that I was hopelessly weird long, long ago.
As for Wang, I think she has been getting a sympathetic edit lately, where she just seems focused on Young's well-being, but you are right: - she let the chairman die - she withheld letters from Soo and information about Soo and her father from Young - she hand-picked a fiance who is completely under her control and entirely driven by greed and ambition - at the very least, her care of Young was negligent, and a case can be made for her as the cause of Young's blindness - she wants Soo out, regardless of whether or not he is the real brother
We got more information about why Young is so afraid of hospitals, when she said that after her father's death she was in hospital for a month because of a headache. It sounds like Wang wants to make sure that everybody knows Young is too weak and sickly to take care of herself, much less run a company. It is like a corrupt regency, where Wang is keeping the titular head of the company under control so she can remain in power. And the fiance she has chosen is going to make sure that Wang remains as the 'power behind the throne.' Wang says all of the right things, but Young isn't fooled by her for an instant and so I don't think we should be, either.
As for Wang being Soo's mother, I really hope not because one of the strengths of this drama is how plausible it all is, and how layered and realistic the characters are. Sure, it would create drama with a capital D if she were Soo's mom, but it would also be a cheap trick, plotwise and I don't think Noh does such clumsy moves as a writer. Maybe one of the sisters, but I would also be happy if it were just left up in the air; that would be very realistic.
I just hope Noh doesn't take the story full circle and have Soo end up as he began, alone and abandoned in the snow.  :((

I feel like I waited enough for Wednesday,why then is it still Sunday!!!!!!! :(( In the afternoon I was having tea with my mom and we decided we would enjoy it on the back porch,since the temp was nice and it was windy. I caught myself closing my eyes and listening to the sound of the wind. All the while thinking about youngie. Why don't any of you live in Louisiana ... :( I need a friend to have coffee and talk about this. Sniff , sniff! My real life friends are snobs!!! :/

@thunderman1 - That's the big question that hasn't been answered yet: Why did the Chairman let his ex-wife take OS but leave OY behind? Wang implied he did that because he thought his ex-wife would come back to see OY but she never did. Again...why? Wang also mentioned she only had a "one-nighter" with the Chairman but that he only loved his ex-wife. Lots of mystery still surrounding that whole issue. 
There has been speculation that Wang lied to the Chairman - possibly telling him OS wasn't his real son. There is also speculation that the ex-wife did in fact try to see OY but Wang somehow stopped it. We know Wang kept the Chairman in the dark about OY's illness and blindness. 
@kawaiiyuki - Great points. I do believe OY would have met up with her real brother eventually. Soo told her to stay there until he showed up. If he hadn't been hit by a car, he would have returned to the apartment and met up with her. Or at some point, he would have spoken to Soo (who was in jail) and found out his sister was looking for him. I'm not sure if OY would have then met Soo after he was released from jail or not though - depends on if the real OS was still hanging around Soo and had his sister around too. 
@skelly - YES, why did Wang keep OY in the hospital for a month after her Father died? What was she up to then? Checking the contents of the will? You could be onto something there with both her and Myung Ho wanting OY to appear weak/fragil/handicapped to the board members. (treating her like a "doll" as she said) I'm also still wondering what the exact relationship of Wang and Myung Ho is but it could be nothing beyond he's someone who will allow Wang to remain close to OY. 
I agree, I hope they don't suddenly have it discovered that Wang is OS's real mother. Such a great story so far and it would be a shame to ruin it with cliche crap like that. Your post was awesome, made perfect sense and I agreed with all of it=D>
You guys. It's only Sunday. 
tumblr_m9wunsTDUB1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=2137

Zo In-sung, key to soft and vital skin of homme fatal

3b58tnjjt40v3222gkndj56.jpg
(photo by captured from SBS drama That winter, Wind Blows)

[by Kang Jung-yeon] Korean actor Zo In-sung is shaking women’s heart in SBS drama That winter, Wind Blows.

In the drama, just like if he is trying to him as fashionista, he is showing neat fashion and flawless skin on every episode.

Every time two main characters Zo In-sung and Song Hye-kyo are together, their faces get closed up. He shows off his flawless skin every time he gets closed up.

To emphasize the homme fatal image of Zo In-sung’s character, it is essential to show soft and vital skin.

HERA HOMME said, “Zo In-sung applies toner to keep skin on its best condition after continuous outside filming and studio spot light”. They added that “He also applies the stronger sunblock.”

Meanwhile, The toner Zo In-sung is using is Cell Vitalizing Essence In Skin, a product of HERA HOMME.

Write: 2013-03-05 15:10:06 / Update: 1999-11-30 00:00:00

The bnt news provides the latest news coming with 6 languages including Korean, English and French leading not only cultural but also industrial Korean waves. All rights, including copyright ⓒbntnews.co.kr, in the content of these bnt news site are owned or controlled for these purposes by the bnt news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Source: http://bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=2140

Want to be like couples from TV drama? Use together!

o3nks6u6o5mwvkmk9mrhf3y.jpg

[by Kim Hye ji / translated by Joy Kim] Wednesday-Thursday dramas are rating high scores and two different couples from different drama are popular among viewers. 
KBS Iris2 and SBS That Winter The Wind Blows are the dramas which became viral on and offline. Iris’s Lee Da-hey and Jang Hyuk represent the active couple and on the other hand, Zo In-sung and Song Hye-gyo is much more delicate couple. 
Every scene is like a scene from a movie. Their visual and looks are one of the reasons why people are into two different dramas.

They are different, but how different? 
lqfuzfaps0b1i83o4fjxhcm.jpg

SBS That Winter The Wind Blows caught viewer’s eyes with unique setting with blind sister and fake brother. Especially Zo In-sung and Song Hye-gyo’s detailed acting got positive response from the viewers. 
From the drama, they both wear casual items such as knits and suspender. Zo In-sung plays Oh Soo who is a former gambler. Song Hye-gyo plays an wealthy heiress Oh Young. Her soft and gentle mono toned style and Zo In-sung’s suit styling is an issue among fashionistas.
KBS Iris 2’s Lee Da-hey and Jang Hyuk play special agents. They normally wear black tailored coat or grey and white items. 
Lee Da-hey plays Soo-yeon, who does not hide her feeling. Soo-yeon leads the couple in the drama. She normally wears black suits in the drama. 
4hmnrnmlqcbjnb4xyvw3wr6.jpg

Song Hye-gyo and Zo In-sung lead the story with lively characters. Their tragedy and relationship make the couple even more dramatic. 
Oh Young and Oh Soo couple has a nick name, Oxygen (O2) couple. Oxygen couple looks stunning in the drama. Every time camera takes close shot, both actors' flawless skin wows the viewers.
Iris2’s couple is more active and dynamic. Lee Da-hey and Jang Hyuk showed lovely couple scene at Hungary. With her innocent smile and flawless skin, Lee Da-hey looked very much in love with Jang Hyuk. 
 Couple beauty items 
Here are selected items similar to couples from dramas. They are suitable for gifts and for special day’s event. Want to be like the couples? Use beauty items together and achieve perfect look just like them.
Like O2 couple, moisturizing care 
Recommendation: Dr Jart’s Basic skin care 2 Step & Ceramidin 2 Step 
gpxsjm6nye0rfj7xlysxqwd.jpg

It includes ceramidin which moisturizes the skin and keep the moisture. It will help to stay moisturized for a day. There are also products for men as well. Men’s products are effective for caring pores and sebum. It is simple and easy to use. 
Like Iris 2, active and strong 
RESKIN EGF Super Bomber for Men & Super Bomber 
staa7nmnpnw4oqrcbd6xu1o.jpg

It prevents darkening and spots. It is also suitable for sensitive skins as well. It’s EGF ingredients provides firmness, moisture and nutrients to keep the skin balanced and healthy.

(Photo captured by SBS That Winter The Wind Blows, KBS Iris2: New Generation, photo by RESKIN, Dr. Jart, bntnews DB) 

Write: 2013-03-05 21:43:40 / Update: 2013-03-05 22:01:16

The bnt news provides the latest news coming with 6 languages including Korean, English and French leading not only cultural but also industrial Korean waves.
All rights, including copyright ⓒbntnews.co.kr, in the content of these bnt news site are owned or controlled for these purposes by the bnt news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/2013/03/a-pinks-eunji-chooses-wind-blows-in-winter-co-star-jo-in-sung-over-kim-bum
class="entry-title"A Pink’s Eunji chooses ‘Wind Blows In Winter’ co-star Jo In Sung over Kim Bum? by pkdance - Mar 8, 2013 at 7:15 am

20130307eunji.jpg

Despite Kim Bum‘s forward offerA Pink‘s Eunji seems to have been charmed by her ‘Wind Blows In Winter‘ co-star Jo In Sung instead. The idol member expressed that Jo In Sung is every girl’s ideal guy with his handsome looks and amazing sense of humor.

On the March 7th broadcast of SBS‘ ‘Good Morning‘, Eunji showed her gratitude towards the actor for making her feel at home on the drama set.

She revealed what it was like working with Jo In Sung, sharing, “When you see him, he looks very sophisticated. He’s tall, and he has a chiseled face. But on set, he’s the mood-maker. Everything he says is funny. Because I have little acting experience, I was stiff and nervous on set, but thanks to oppa, I adjusted well and was able to get closer with the other unnis and oppas,” surprising fans by revealing Jo In Sung’s humorous side in contrast to his charismatic image.

The A Pink member has been one lucky girl with her opportunities to star alongside Seo In Guk and now Jo In Sung, so it’s no wonder that she’s so thankful.

Catch Eunji and Jo In Sung on ‘Wind Blows In Winter’ every Wednesday and Thursday!

@tessieroo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWGh1FzH2eY

From this preview, SW looks like she truly cares for OY. It seems like she is overflowing with tears when discovering that OY is hit hard with the progressing tumor. Again, I do think that  OS's real mother could be SW...she misses her son and uses her to feel less sad.

Could it be that this "one night stand" with the Chairman left her pregnant with OS? Maybe that's why he was abandoned, in doing so she can return back to the Chairman's side and fulfill her duties?

Good afternoon Chingus!!Just to let everybody here know how much I appreciate all you insights,pictures,gifs and most of all your funny /hilarious comments!!!:)) :)) All of you... dear beautiful ladies just makes my day so happy after my stressful job.My husband does not even mind me keeping my ipad w/ me under my blanket so as not to wake him up when I  play all  your OSTs and go through the constantly running discussion thread.Believe me,I keep waking up every hour just to check on your latest updates pictures etc.I'm used to NOC duty anyways :-* :-* :-*,so bring it on !!!  \:D/ \:D/ @-) @-)

wlst::x :x I agree w/ you.I have been thinking that was the time he realized he was in love w/  OY.The look that he gave her(the one you posted) was so tender, loving  and at peace w/ himself :x  :x

angelineong:if you have 12 arrows pls. hit them 2 each now,to make it more potent :-bd :-bd.We need these 02 couple to fall madly inlove w/ each other before the show ends.I just feel that JIS has all the qualities that would make SHK feel loved and happy.He has a good sense of humor(makes everybody laugh and feel good in the set).Stars that he previously work w/ even come and visit/support him,shows that he must be s good sombe!!He is gentle and considerate(giving her hot pack secretely),he has the  looks and the sexy voice to die for ;;) ;;) ;;)

Utkim:love your fanart,my wish is for them to make a  sanguek drama next in time.SHK will perfectly fit her princess role,so w/our prince JIS.

Ria:Iam waiting anxiously for that loooong and ecstatic kissss :-* :-*:

ziimblu:I agree 100% that this thread  is a Love Coffee shop for me:}I do love coffee and I'm drinking my 3rd cup while reading all your comments.Don't worry after TWTWB somebody might come up w/ something for us to work on like what angelineong said ...she in a misson to make them fall in love for real.

Lastly my take on SW:
I have a feeling Sec. Wang is a 2 faced lady.Pretending to be nice but have been scamming SHKs company.Proof... 1)How did her younger sister own a bldg? 2)She left SHKs dad to die, not answering the emergency call. 3)Songs fiancee must be related to her or he must be her youngest sisters bf. 4)She can easily manipulate lawyer Jang knowing he likes her. 5)Kept SHK in isolation, depending on her and did not do pursue all options to heal /treat OYs disease.Some say she might be OYs mother...but if it was my child who needs a new eyes,I will donate  one of mine or will do everything to find one for her(having all the money  to pay for one). 6)She also had all the golds and stocks sent to the bank w/out telling OY.She just mentioned it to her on EP9.She has all the cards in her hands.She may also manipulate  Sora(their company model) to work for her cause.Do you think she might be  the missing mom of OS?Trying to be a second mom to OY to compensate for what she did w/ her own child.These are just my speculations.....that's why I love TWTWB,it has forced me to think and write my thoughts here w/c I have never done  before.Happy Monday to all!

i've read some logic points here.. you guys are amazing ^:)^

as for me, like i said before, sec wang is really 'obsessed' with youngie.. she manipulated the whole story about youngie's disease.. she didn't let youngie's eyes to be recovered as she might afraid that youngie will not depending on her... she will do anything to get rid of people who has the chance to get close with youngie.. that's including youngie's own dad... i guess youngie's dad also didn't know that sec wang has hide the letters from Oh Soo... remember in ep7, lawyer jang has said to sec wang not to worry about Oh Soo since she still has a place in Youngie's heart?
I am more curious about the only one letter from Oh Soo that has been kept by Youngie.. in that letter, Oh Soo has talked about the fake Oh Soo.. i didn't watch the original version oh this story or the movie.. so i'll assume that Youngie has ask somebody to write the letter?
even if Youngie knew that Oh Soo is not her real brother, this is the only chance for her to stay away from sec wang.. and because she really missed her childhood, she just let Oh Soo to play that role.. besides, with years being blind, she has that amazing sense, dont you think?  like recognizing people's voice.. and if Youngie already knew that Oh Soo is not her real brother... woahhhhh, she really good fooling Oh Soo and people around her...