Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Guest Fanderay

your right I noticed that too, maybe the editing didnt catch that one, but still its good episode :)

Ok, good, I'm not crazy!  It didn't bother me at all; I just thought that I had somehow missed the scene, which would pretty much make me the worst recapper ever :P 

really liked the audition scene in epi 4, esp the part where they contrasted how eunbi and the more seasoned musical actress interpreted and delivered the song. I have to agree that the other musical actress had a better voice, but the way eunbi delivered it was more heartfelt and in line with gumiho's feelings. The scriptwriter wrote that part really well. Watching the drama, I also enjoyed some of the camera angles and colors, e.g. the scene where Jay-I and Eunbi were at the playground and how the camera panned in to them. I was at SBS The MU site earlier. The drama needs more love. there were only 14 replies on the viewer message board for Sept 23-24. Anyone know how the rebroadcast on Saturday is faring?

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

name='meow13' date='22 September 2011 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1316746508' post='17399628']

HyeSUn tweet again!

:w00t:

*quoted image*

저도 이럴때가 있었지요. 지금은 늘 추리닝 바람이지만요.ㅎ yfrog.com/nuk9uqj

@koohs updated on Sept 23 2011 11:09 (Korea Time)

Thanks meow13 for GHS's tweet.

I have not seen epi4 yet--just came home...I will in a while...can't wait.

I hope many and many people see it!!

tweet by koohs: There was a time when I was like this (referring to her pix). But of course, these days I am always into trainers (I guess it is the type of clothes that one wears to run or jog??). Many DC members left posts telling GHS that she can still have days like the pix....keke

:D 

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Thanks eynhye05.. I will try to answer some of your questions. Hong Jae looked so cute the way he was viewing Go EunBi's audition. He captured how he feels about GEB so well at that moment. And the conflicting relationship between Hong and Yoon is actually adorable. They argue like couple of kids. keke--I wish that I could see more of Go EunBi at the hitting cage and also more of her dancing part of her audition--I agree with you all....

name='eunhye05' date='23 September 2011 - 06:28 AM' timestamp='1316788134' post='17400445']

That twitpic of hers that she sent earlier is sooo cute. It's like she just took a bath. How can someone look so good naturally and without makeup. :D I hope she doesn't touch her hair anymore and allows it to grow longer! I want long hair for Fly Again! Please Please Please! haha. I'm actually really frustrated with her ruffled tomboyish hair that look like it has a life of its own in The Musical. That's my only beef with the show. I love everything else! haha. But then again it adds to her character so why am I complaining. LOL.

Anyways, I'm done with the show and here are my initial thoughts:

I seriously hope someone uploads this episode sooon! :D It just keeps getting better and better! And the preview for the next is just...AHHHH.. I wish it was next Friday already!They so need to release that song on the OST soon too. :D The audition was the climax of this episode while each of the other supporting characters were given enough screentime for their backstories. I have so many questions as to who said what and why. Why did Eun Bi get so pissed at YooJin. When Go bumped into him at Hong Jay's house, he basically referred to Go as someone who does anything and everything to get what she wants. Then he calls her to his office and make a business proposition which was a set up for Go to bow out of playing lead in the musical. He told her that she would be the double or co-lead of the musical with Bae GangHee. Go knew what kind of risk as well as an opportunity it is for her to be part of the musical that she always wanted to be. Go realized that Yoo set her up and left his office really mad, frustrated and very stressed. On the one hand, she really wants to be part of a musical which is her dream. On the other hand, she would create all kinds of negative publicity as well as receive extremem criticism for playing double of Bae Gang Hee when she has never perfomed on stage before. That is why she goes out and punches that machine, go into batting cage. As an investor who must be responsible for other people's large sums of money, Yoo JIn is only interested in having Hong Jay compose and for Bae Ganghee to play the lead. He knew that such a combo in a well written play would be a hit. Then, after much running and thinking, Go calls Yoo and makes her own business proposal to him at that pancke place. When Go and he are very antogonistic. She admits to Hong Jay that she finds what Yoo says to be all true but that the way he says things make her really mad. (He does talk very judgmentally but all the facts.) She tells him she wants an open audition so that she will be among many people who would audition fair and square for the role. Go thought about this proposal after she thought about what Hong said: if you back out of this musical, who really wins here? He also said something about how senseless it is to kill one's dream to make another happier. Both Yoo and Dir Han realized that Go is not to be underestimated.

What happened to YooJIn's mom. RaGyung only find out about Yoo's mother's illness for the first time when she went down to Daegoo. It appears that Yoo's mother is suffereing from a type of alzheimer illness where she is gradually losing memory and of course, there is no cure. Yoo's father decided to hide his wife's illness because of the type of family he comes from especially when he held a very high position in the company. He felt that his father would have tried to hospitalize his wife (basically institutionalize her) and would have prevented him from seeing too much of his wife. Therefore, he gave up everything so that he can be with his wife and humanely nurse his wife on his own. What is somewhat unbelievable but understandable from Korean culture's perspective, Yoo's father decided to keep the truth from Yoo as well. He says that at that time, Yoo was studying intensely and he did not feel it was a good idea to break the news to him, Ragyung had no idea. She only knew that Yoo and his parents were in bad terms with each other. I estimate that it has been a year since he cut off ties with his parents. But why would an adult son refrain from finding out about his own parents--to get to the bottom of the truth?? That is the part I don't get. For such an analytic person, it is hard to imagine that he tried not to analyze what is the real truth. RaGyung tries to encourage him to contact his parents but he ignores her. Ragyung is also puzzled by thef fact that Yoo seems to be enjoying the work of auditioning for the play.RaGyung promised Yoo's father that she will keep the infor about Yoo's mother a secret,

What did KangHee's fiancee tell her back then that made her marry him. Initially Bae turned down the marriage to Dir Han. He knew how Bae felt about HOng Jae. But he rationalized everything for himself and for Bae as well. He told her that Bae falls in love on stage multiple times in order to act so well on stage. He accepts everything about Bae and still loves her even if she loves somebody else or falls in love multiple times. He also told her that she needs this marriage right now. Her expression was somewhat puzzling--is that an expression of agreeing with what Dir Han is saying? or is that an expression of feeling a bit threatened by what he said--perhaps he was telling her that if she does not marry him, she will lose the opportunity to do what she loves--musical acting??? So we all saw that there is really no love in the marriage of Bae and Han. It is a business marriage--whether it will really last or break apart remains to be seen. Bae seems to be looking for a way out and Go is in the way. I think Hong does like Go and thinks her marvelous...but whether he really loves her or is in some way using her as a distraction for him to end all feelings for BAE also remains to be seen. When I saw the interaction bet Bae and Hong, he still has lots of feelings for her....don't you think??

What did Eun Bi overhear from BooJak at the resto. The woman who is part of Goo Jak's musical team was trying to seduce Goo so that she can also have a chance to play the lead in his play. But he scolds her. He says that she should try to support Eunbi in her audition instead. The woman feels that such an audition is an incredible chance and that all musical actresses will be auditioning. In the audition, the woman with the better voice than Go is suppose to be another famous musical actress. Then Goo Jak and the lady both hear EunBi harmonizing with the male quartet and realize that Go does have what it takes to play the DoHa role in the musical. While singing with the quartet, Go remembers the coaching that Hong Jay gives her for making the best audition in the short amount of time--how to make an impact and how to sing, etc.

What were they talking about in the park. There were multiple scenes where HOng and Go talk that I forgot what they talked about in the park. But what I remember is that Go goes to HOng's house. She tells him that she will be auditioning for the role. And that she can not associte with him as he will be one of the judges at the audition. So she tells him that her lessons with him or going into his house will be terninated until further notice. So she does ask him to step outside since she cannot enter his house. They go to park. I forget what they said,,,but I remember what Go said at the end of that scene. She tells him to absolutely pretend not to know her until the results of the auditon is announced. So, like Yoo, Go is very ethical as well.

What was KangHee's decision at the end.

I also wonder about that..That will be the next episode.But looking at the sneak preview and seeing Go and Hong on the bus with the muscal team, Bae selected Go EunBi. But she could have some conditions. At the end, the judges were tied in their votes for either Go or the other musical actress. The tie-breaking vote remains with Bae. In the next preview, Bae says that she is being nice to Go and is spending lots of time with Go so that Go really knows deeply how Bae feels about Hong Jae. In a way Bae is going to make sure Go knows her boundary and to keep her hands off Hong Jae. RaGyung and Yoo seem like good and comfortable couple that I wonder how the 4-way angle will be built...Already, Yoo does find her interesting and like her directness and honesty and her smarts.

Ayayay! I should start taking up classes in Korean! haha. Raise your hand if you found that scene with her head between the chairs just adorable cuuute! :D hihihi Oh and HongJae watching her sing during the audition. I just melted! He's soooo cuuute!

I wish the audition part where they were dancing especially was longer...:S grrrrr

Ayayay! I should start taking up classes in Korean! haha. Raise your hand if you found that scene with her head between the chairs just adorable cuuute! :D hihihi Oh and HongJae watching her sing during the audition. I just melted! He's soooo cuuute!

I wish the audition part where they were dancing especially was longer...:S grrrrr

Guest eunhye05

Wow Cheerkoo/Sue you are absolutely amazing! I didn't expect answers to my questions right away! Thank you so much for this. I don't know what this thread and the non-korean speaking GHS fanbase would do without you! :) I'm so grateful. I shall now go back and rewatch the episode with all your comments in mind! :) THANK YOU! 

Thanks Minjee for the pic with Dara! :D I want to see these two in another interview or show together since they've been good friends for a while now. :D 

Sue, my hand is definitely raised! Melt-worthy looks from Hong Jae-Yi to Go EunBi:

1) the smile and wave he gave her when they greeted each other at the train station

2) the smile right after the kiss on the cheek and before the hand kiss

3) the smile he had waiting for her at the bottom of the med school stairs with a cup of coffee

4) THE AUDITION - this was the best by far - HJ is so incredibly cute!

Waiting for the look he has when he sees her in a dress for the first time. Looks like he treats us to at least one of these look every episode - haha! :wub:

The woman, I'm sorry I don't know her name but I'm assuming she's a professional musical actress who sang before EunBi, knocked my socks off with her performance! But... it was EB's rendition of the song that brought tears to my eyes and made me feel all the emotions that the lyrics were conveying. I wonder if this is one of those times that GHS had to drink some wine before she performed in front of all her peers in that audition scene. I would have been a nervous wreck!!! :blink:

I enjoyed ep4 too, though I can' understand many parts. thanks sue for the explanaion and I am going to watch c-sub one so I can enjoy it all over again.

Agree with webby that many scenes were filmed beautifully. The camera angle & the color on the set were just great! :)

here are some fav ones I like

the scene that Eun Bi & Hong Jae had talk on the riverside is beautiful

e56b3787.jpg

the scene at the park looks harmonous too

51398f55.jpg

5ff4e0c8.jpg

and I love the scenes Eun Bi jogging at night

1cda4c8c.jpg

34254037.jpg

Happy weekend all Sunniez!

@Sue ~~ thanks a lot !! you really make our day feel so good.. Your so fast in translating about the ep 4.. :D EB makes me emotional  coz the way she sang in the audition the feelings she gave to that song... It also made me cry you know why sunnies because of HJ the moment EB sing the song HJ seriously watching EB and he was crying while listening to her coz EB gave justice to the song the way it should be especially the all out feelings that is the difference btw the woman in fairness to her she also performs well, kekeke  :)  Whaaahhh... wish today is already Friday, kekeke, we can't wait for the next ep. :crazy:

@meow13 ~~ thanks for the tweet...  I also wish that hye sun wears the sytle she use before even though her hair is short but i like her hair long coz she looks even more feminine and beautiful, kekeke... :)

@eunhye5 ~~ thanks for bringing up the question, kekeke :)

@GHSforever ~~ thanks also as always for making vids.  :)

@minjee ~~ thanks. Indeed HS and Dara are really good friends. :)

Thanks to all other Sunnies for the updates.. :)

Have a nice long weekend....

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Go and Hong at the park:

Go tells Hong that she wants Hong to come out and meet her outside as she knows that he will be one of the judges at the audition.

He asks her if this is her way (public audition) to get a spot in the play.

She says she felt that it would be too embarrassing for her and that she would end up having an indigestion if she hears others talk about her as having landed the double casting part through "close relationship with the upper management".  Hong tells her that she would not even have the time to think about that as it is too unnerving just to be up on the stage and perform. Your legs will shake from too much nervousness..

GO says,,,please, sunsengnim,,,, (trying to get him to stop..)

Hong touches her hand and says, I know now little at a time why you seem so radiant and sparking to me.

Go starts to say, if I fail the audition,,,,

Hong stops her saying that she will not fail...

Go tells him that he must judge extremely fairly and objectively.

Hong tells her that he will. He will be true to his feelings and that, to him, that is being fair and objective.

Go gets up from swing very angry and says that, this is why artists are stereotyped to be~~(I can't get the Korean word that Go used--I would think she is talking about the criticisims that artists get as being too emotional and not rational ---Hong is true to himself and his feelings while Yoo is very rational and statistical...and Go EunBi has the balance of the two sides??...keke)

So, Hong says, what is right? Rock? or Ballad?

Go: What?

Hong: They are just different. They are different and have to be different. It is not that one is better than another. The issue is who fits that role and whose voice fits that role.

Go: Your statement is ?ddenkkang? (I wonder what this word translates into. Go also called Hong "pauper ddengkkang" when she first met him at the Han River. But it does not have a positive nuance...keke) But what you say has the power of influence. (I guess that is why Go EnBi decides to interpret the Goo Mi Ho song in her own way....)

Hong could not hide his liking for Go as she said that. He kisses her hand on top of her head impulsively again and refers to her as kkomengyi--affectionate term for sombody small and tiny. Then Go leaves him saying that, when the audition is announced, he must not even give a hint that he knows her.

Then he yells at her to practice her breathing and breathing well...she yells back and says OK.

Also, there was a scene bet Dir Han and Yoo--Yoo influences Han to influence his wife to take the double casting. HIs reasons are that if she does not take the work with Hong, peple will again bring up the scandal between HOng and Bae. If she takes the role even as a double casting (which Han said it is an insult to Bae) people will try to see it more positively as the beautiful cooperation between two talented people and not much more. Yoo also tells Han that it will also help ease whatever blocked feelings that Han may carry about his wife and Hong. Yoo is a great  negotiator. Everybody wins. He says that he will try to deal with the marketing around Go EunBi--that is when he sets her up to see what she would say to the idea of being double casted along with Bae. He hoped that she will have the reason and the conscience to make the right decision-Go comprehended that set-up after talking with Yoo for a while and tells him that she will give the answer that he expected from her--that she has the logic and the conscience to say that she will not do the role. Then HOng Jay talks to her after she releases her anger: He thinks it is stupid to give up what one feels and wants just to make other people comfortable--for whom is it really better??

Epi 4 really deals with the difficutl emtional stress of going after one's dream---as many DC fans said, I also love that THEMU did not deal with that issue lightly.....THEMU is really well written...

ps The funny part about Go and Yoo's meeting at his office: just before she went into his office,,,HOng calls her and wants to have tea with her. She says he has to wait because she has to first attack or deal with a very distasteful person first.--that person being Yoo Jin. At the office of Yoo Jin, Go is waiting like a person in a flight or attack (more like attack) mode. Yoo tells Go that she must be thinking that this office looks as arrogant and ??as the guy who works here. She says yes, that is what she was thinking. Yoo smiles and says that he likes her honesty, making him think that he and she would work well together. Then Go says, what? work together??

Go is also a great negotiator..she makes a deal of open audition with Yoo because everybody wins--even if she loses, she tried her best and if she wins, she gets to play her role without too much background gossip and no matter what, Hong Jae and GOo Jak's production and the musical team all get to have a job.

name='meow13' date='22 September 2011 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1316746508' post='17399628']

HyeSUn tweet again!

:w00t:

*quoted image*

저도 이럴때가 있었지요. 지금은 늘 추리닝 바람이지만요.ㅎ yfrog.com/nuk9uqj

@koohs updated on Sept 23 2011 11:09 (Korea Time)

Thanks meow13 for GHS's tweet.

I have not seen epi4 yet--just came home...I will in a while...can't wait.

I hope many and many people see it!!

tweet by koohs: There was a time when I was like this (referring to her pix). But of course, these days I am always into trainers (I guess it is the type of that one wears to run or jog??). Many DC members left posts telling GHS that she can still have days like the pix....keke

:D 

sue I hope this indicate that our beautiful GHS will go back wearing woman's clothing again :D I still love her for whatever she prefer to wear, but of course I would be more jolly happy if she wears pretty clothes like she used to wear :P And if she does, that will mean something :rolleyes::wub:

KooHyeSun-BoysOverFlower.jpgso7f72b3.jpgso7f72b3.jpg

Thanks guys for all the update and link of TM :D

Goo Hye Sun, as we all know, ;) can very easily make jaws drop, much like Yoon Eun Hye does when she puts on her "girl clothes." phew.gif I think we are all looking forward for the day eventually to arrive when she turns once again from duckling to swan. It's only matter of time. sweatingbullets.gif As for her role as Go Eun-bi, another bull's eye for interpretation of a character! I'm also quite certain that the best is yet to come... :)

Just want to share another vid on The Musical press conference. It was reported on TVB entertainment channel (which is available not only in Hong Kong but also across southeast Asia)  :D I hope The Musical will be shown in Hong Kong & other Asian countries too

default.jpg

110923 娛樂新聞報道 - The Musical 더뮤지컬 Press Conference [Eng Sub]

I have put in eng sub and pls turn on "cc"  if subtitle do not show

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Just want to share another vid on The Musical press conference. It was reported on TVB entertainment channel (which is available not only in Hong Kong but also across southeast Asia) :D I hope The Musical will be shown in Hong Kong & other Asian countries too

*quoted image*

110923 娛樂新聞報道 - The Musical 더뮤지컬 Press Conference [Eng Sub]

I have put in eng sub and pls turn on "cc" if subtitle do not show

meow13, thanks for the great translation at the press conf. Now we know why GHS took that role....I love that,,,,she saw so much of herself in the drama....no wonder this drama meant so much to her--plus the director and the writer came personally to cast her....keke

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Anyone know rating for THE MU ep 4 ?

I cannot get into DC today. But I think someone posted that it was 4. something.

So it is still low. but went up instead of down....that is a good thing.

I pray it goes up more and more....

~amen~